Iron/classic PVP Incentive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:49 PM #1

Nelane775
Classic

Nelane775

• Total level:

I would like to start by saying the classic mode is amazing! I love the XP rate along with actually being able to trade with fellow classics(basically a normal acc with lower xp rate), however....as a person who plays runescape pretty much solely to PK I want to cry that I will be unable to loot kills. This is understandable due to the game mode and limitations placed upon our accounts. I do NOT believe we should be able to loot kills due to players trading over items. That leads me to bring up my idea/suggestion:

I think the ironman/classic mode players should receive some sort of incentive(other than a achievement) for pking to make up for loss of loot. One good incentive I am proposing is that we could gain an increased PKP rate from kills. By doing this, we could kill a player with decent loot and gain a good amount of boosted PKP that would scale off the loot. To avoid exploitation of this among clans/friends/etc or ragging/griefing pvmers for PKP, implementing a timeout for a player when they are killed by you that would cause you to gain no PKP until the timer runs out. This can help stop players from Farming excessive amounts of PKP via classic/ironman but at the same time provide incentive for us to actually step out in the wild, have fun and possibly PROFIT(if you are good enough)

I am only suggesting to implement an incentive for us, it does NOT have to be a boosted PKP rate, I am confident the staff of Alora could come up with other ideas that might work better for the server/economy. All I ask is for pking incentive(or let us make a normal acc with lower xp rates) Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a wonderful day! May RNG be with you(unless you are pking me...)

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:01 PM #2

EIM Hentai
Elite Ironman

EIM Hentai
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      53d 20h 53m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

There already were alot of ideas made in the past . I think they will not change it in the near future but still good luck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
At this moment Hentai knew , he fucked up.

Spoiler

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:01 PM #3

Pira
User

Pira
Clan: ???

• Time spent:
      126d 22h 9m 8s

• Previous username:
    Not a Nerd

• Total level:
    Awards

Sadly I doubt they'd do anything for pking on here, got my full support tho for any pvp changes that'll make it better. @king purple did a big ass classic pvp post ages ago trying to improve it, think it was mostly just ignored.(Could be mistaken)

Just try welfare pking and grind emblems, so if you're a decent pker you'll always profit with the pkp shop.

Posted Image

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:26 PM #4

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
I support this, don’t see why not.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:53 PM #5

Nelane775
Classic

Nelane775

• Total level:

Sadly I doubt they'd do anything for pking on here, got my full support tho for any pvp changes that'll make it better. @king purple did a big ass classic pvp post ages ago trying to improve it, think it was mostly just ignored.(Could be mistaken)

Just try welfare pking and grind emblems, so if you're a decent pker you'll always profit with the pkp shop.

sadly i already plan to do that haha. Just ragging basically honestly....because i dont gain enough to justify risking ahrims, whip,etc etc

thank you everyone for the support! It means a lot to me and i think this change could possibly attract more players to play the ironman/classic game mode. I know for a fact I am conflicted between normal/classic due to the pking mechanics on classic and the uselessness of skilling on normal, I am confident there are normal players who WANT to make a iron/classic but want to pk/loot more and dont play those modes. Hopefully staff will support it too.  (sorry for the double post, idk how to edit the post above to add this)

nvm I can see now that it automatically adds my new post to the previous. lol

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:21 PM #6

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
An incentive for ironmen and classics to PK, I see. Based on your suggestions, I’d say they are a decent starting point. Perhaps more folks can expand more on them so that there’s still balance between the players.

Good luck with your suggestion.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:15 AM #7

Effendi
Elite Ironman

Effendi
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      4d 2h 41m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

I definitely support this, however like others said above it will probably get ignored. Nevertheless, good luck!

Posted Image

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:05 PM #8

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Ironman should not be able to pick up loot as this could ruin the game mode (just xfering items over from a main/friends). I agree that classic should be like the normal game mode and be able to pick up all items like normie, not just from other classic players. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:26 AM #9

Nelane775
Classic

Nelane775

• Total level:

Ironman should not be able to pick up loot as this could ruin the game mode (just xfering items over from a main/friends). I agree that classic should be like the normal game mode and be able to pick up all items like normie, not just from other classic players. 

i could totally get behind that too moe. If they dont want classics to loot their kills however this suggestion can supplement for the loot. I also just would like to see this implemented for ironman mode at least if they did remove the looting limitations on classic mode.

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:35 AM #10

Ultistic
Veteran

Ultistic
Clan: IDFWY

• Time spent:
      205d 18h 13m 37s

• Previous username:
    Lowkey

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)