• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:43 AM #1

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

I just started out on this game and found out pretty quickly that PVM is really easy. I think that it should be much harder because that's the challenge of PVM. Currently, pvming is really easy and not a challenge at all. I looked at Lowkey's stream on youtube and found out that he was doing the Theatre of Blood. After looking at his stream, I seen that Theatre of Blood is not even a challenge, in fact it's much easier than the GWD bosses on 07. Theatre of Blood provides the best weapons and items in-game therefore, I think that it should at least have some sort of challenge. For people who think it's hard, OSRS ToB is 100x harder. I'm not saying that it should be the EXACT SAME as OSRS, but it should at least be similar. TOB is just an example of PVM being really easy. Nearly every boss on Alora is piss easy. 

I suggest making the bosses slightly harder so it at least has some sort of challenge. Thank you for reading my post.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:46 AM #2

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
I understand where you’re coming from but at the same time the bosses aren’t meant to be as hard or harder than the OSRS equivalent.
  • 22 likes this

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:52 AM #3

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

I understand where you’re coming from but at the same time the bosses aren’t meant to be as hard or harder than the OSRS equivalent.

"I'm not saying that it should be the EXACT SAME as OSRS." It should be at least some what of a challenge, as it is a "boss".

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:04 AM #4

Deran
Ironman

Deran

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think the whole point of a RSPS is that it wouldn't be as challenging as OSRS. While your points are valid and I agree with them, I think you should just go play OldSchool if you think this game is too easy. 

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:09 AM #5

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

I think the whole point of a RSPS is that it wouldn't be as challenging as OSRS. While your points are valid and I agree with them, I think you should just go play OldSchool if you think this game is too easy. 

I've got bored of OSRS, that's why I'm trying out different RSPS'. You don't need to make it nowhere as challenging as OSRS, but PVM is just ridiculously easy. You can easily make the bosses a bit more challenging by just adding some mechanics etc. For example; Make every NPC in a GWD boss room attack you, instead of just one. (Don't know why this isn't even done in the first place lol). If people can't handle that, I honestly feel sorry for you.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:31 AM #6

EIM Django
Super Donator

EIM Django
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      15d 6h 13m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

I feel the difficulty is fine where it is for being an RSPS, however if you're using Lowkey's stream for an idea on difficulty just remember he's been playing a while now, and uses best-in-slot gear and methods of play.  For many players, this is unobtainable for quite a good chunk of time, and requires a lot of TOB/Raids to get that far to begin with.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on December 25th, 2018

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 20th, 2019

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:40 AM #7

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

I feel the difficulty is fine where it is for being an RSPS, however if you're using Lowkey's stream for an idea on difficulty just remember he's been playing a while now, and uses best-in-slot gear and methods of play.  For many players, this is unobtainable for quite a good chunk of time, and requires a lot of TOB/Raids to get that far to begin with.

I'm not talking about gear or anything, I'm talking about the mechanics of the bosses. Most of them are nowhere near as OSRS and really need to be re-worked. For a place that gives the BIS items and you can just go in and hit and run the boss is ridiculous. Verzik P3 on OSRS has cycles of different special attacks, on here it doesn't even have ONE. Same with a lot of other bosses.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:49 AM #8

EIM Django
Super Donator

EIM Django

• Time spent:
      15d 6h 13m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not talking about gear or anything, I'm talking about the mechanics of the bosses. Most of them are nowhere near as OSRS and really need to be re-worked. For a place that gives the BIS items and you can just go in and hit and run the boss is ridiculous. Verzik P3 on OSRS has cycles of different special attacks, on here it doesn't even have ONE. Same with a lot of other bosses.

To be fair, TOB doesn't get a lot of traffic as is, adding harder boss mechanics to an existing boss wouldn't be too popular since a lot of people have already been grinding for the drops, leaving everyone else at a distinct disadvantage.  I get where you're coming from, wanting a more difficult experience, but honestly that's where game mode comes into play.  Unfortunately on this subject it falls into if you want difficult content do it on OSRS or play a more challenging game mode that restricts how you play.

I guess one key takeaway would be maybe to suggest a tougher PvM experience in some form. Maybe Hard Mode Raids 1/2?  I feel you'd have more luck adding in something of that sort instead of changing an existing experience.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on December 25th, 2018

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 20th, 2019

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:51 AM #9

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

To be fair, TOB doesn't get a lot of traffic as is, adding harder boss mechanics to an existing boss wouldn't be too popular since a lot of people have already been grinding for the drops, leaving everyone else at a distinct disadvantage.  I get where you're coming from, wanting a more difficult experience, but honestly that's where game mode comes into play.  Unfortunately on this subject it falls into if you want difficult content do it on OSRS or play a more challenging game mode that restricts how you play.

Game modes aren't related to PVM at all. They just take a slightly longer time to get better stats lol. In the end, choosing a different mode, will still result in the same piss easy PVM. Like i said, TOB is just an example.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:19 PM #10

SoloJourney
Ironman

SoloJourney
Clan: Immortal Dynasty

• Time spent:
      7d 4h 11m 7s

• Total level:
Drop rates on this server are much closer to OSRS than other servers which compensates for the slightly easier PVM. No changes need to be made.
  • 22 likes this

Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:30 PM #11

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Make it harder for urself and use a bronze dagger? :D

Posted Image

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:36 PM #12

Veteran

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards
I think it is currently just fine and don't think changes needs to be made. Just my opinion, if you prefer the bosses being harder/more challenging why not pvm on OSRS. I think the main reason people play RSPS is because of the content/PVM being easier and i think it should stay that way for a reason.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:15 PM #13

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

I think the difficulty in terms of PvM is fine as is. As what @ EIM Django said, it would depend on what gear you have too, not just the boss mechanics.

• 22 likes this

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:09 AM #14

Lord Aizen
Ex-Staff

Lord Aizen
Clan: N/A

• Time spent:
      15d 18h 43m 31s

• Total level:
    Awards

Honestly don't think the difficulty of PVM needs to be touched. The way the PVM system currently works is only "Easy" if you have the expensive gear which is required to kill most bosses on Alora.  

If we made them any harder it would make a lot of setups and high-end gear become useless.

CAvjvP8.png

U6FVH5y.png

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:04 PM #15

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

Honestly don't think the difficulty of PVM needs to be touched. The way the PVM system currently works is only "Easy" if you have the expensive gear which is required to kill most bosses on Alora.  

If we made them any harder it would make a lot of setups and high-end gear become useless.

If that's the case, all of the players on Alora are really bad Pvmers

"If we made them any harder it would make a lot of setups and high-end gear become useless." This doesn't make any sense? You should require high end gear in order to complete the harder bosses, therefore, they would hold more value. Also if bosses were made harder, people would want high end gear?

Drop rates on this server are much closer to OSRS than other servers which compensates for the slightly easier PVM. No changes need to be made.

Rather have it harder and the drop rates easier than an insanely easy boss which is the same rate as OSRS. After reading this, it doesn't make sense as most of the people have said "Rsps' should be easier than OSRS." Even if the bosses are alot easier, it's stupid to have the rare drops almost the same as OSRS rates. Zulrah on OSRS requires a magic weapon, in this case, trident is the best item. This also gives trident use. On here you can just afk range Zulrah. Also, I looked at a youtube video regarding chambers of xeric and found out that range is BIS against the right claw? This doesn't make any sense and gives me the idea that the owner is too lazy to code properly.

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:38 AM #16

Iron Peep
Ironman

Iron Peep
Clan: C O A

• Time spent:
      37d 15h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I completely agree with fixing "bugged" boss mechanics like minions in GWD or the god awful excuse we have for zammy.

I was happy to see zulrah & vork getting venom added last update

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image LTG Peep Posted Image Posted Image Stay Slaying Posted Image

Posted Image RubyDaCherry Posted Image Posted Image Stay Elite Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:37 AM #17

Peter parker
User

Peter parker

• Time spent:
      5d 18h 30m 52s

• Total level:

It's completely fine like it is right now. As people already mentioned on this post, the droprate is similar to OSRS, so it's not a problem that it's more easy. 

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:24 AM #18

daddy shar
User

daddy shar

• Time spent:
      10h 4m 56s

It's completely fine like it is right now. As people already mentioned on this post, the droprate is similar to OSRS, so it's not a problem that it's more easy. 

Why would i play an RSPS with the same or similar drop rates as OSRS? I mean Alora says it strives to be as close to OSRS as possible and yet the content is nowhere near OSRS? Even some custom RSPS have better coded OSRS bosses. The problem is that, its too easy. The easier the content, more people can do it resulting in more items coming in-game. Most of the bosses are not even coded well and have many bugs. People take advantage of them. If these "bugs" are the games mechanics, I will not waste my time playing this server anymore as I know that the owner cant code for shit. Like GWD minions don't attack you at all, really? You might as well remove them rofl

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:20 AM #19

Chromecast
Veteran

Chromecast
Clan: AFM

• Time spent:
      36d 8h 45m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

It is imaginable that people are playing this RSPS for the community and is not looking for a RSPS that is a 100% replica of OSRS.
That said is that even the bosses aren't the hardest bosses but to me it's fine the way it is.

If you're looking for something else, just look for it. There are enough out there.

Posted Image

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:31 AM #20

OneFalseStep
Donator

OneFalseStep

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 36m 11s

• Total level:
No Support I think the server is doing great and is fun enough not to need a change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)