12 replies to this topic

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:53 PM #1

Spinz50
User

Spinz50

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 48m 4s

• Total level:

Hey guys, I've recently decided that it's time I got myself fit and into shape. The problem is that I'm not sure how?? 

Currently, my weight is 65.8 kg and my height is 174cm. I'm also 17.

Although, I'm not classified as "overweight" I still have some stomach fat, chest fat and back fat.  (You can't tell really but if i take my shirt off it's noticeable). 

I would like to loose this fat/turn it into muscles (abs) and be in shape. MY main question is how long it would take me to get into shape (get abs) and what I need to do to obtain my goal of getting into shape. 

Recently, I've been going to the gym but I really HAVE NO IDEA what i'm doing. So if someone could send me or create a gym plan for me, i could reward you in some way. 

Here's a picture of me now after going to the gym for like 4 weeks and doing pretty much just bench and some arm workouts. 

be318bd70361da05a41e31737989f98c.png

Thanks a lot for reading and I would like some comments.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:02 PM #2

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Kappa.gif

• Hex likes this

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:07 PM #3

Elvemage
User

Elvemage
Clan: 11:11

• Time spent:
      44d 19h 27m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Feel free to contact me.

246rtdw.jpg

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:08 PM #4

Trip
Super Donator

Trip

• Time spent:
      2d 12h 15m 1s

• Total level:

Well rounded workouts are important. You can't neglect support muscles like shoulders, back, triceps. And don't skip leg day. You'll end up having serious spinal problems, along with knees if you neglect leg training for just upper body. Find lifts that you feel good doing, abs are genetic you may never get them. 

Download MyFtinessPal, track your calories and carbs. If you want to build muscle you need more energy for your body to do so (Calories) and protein.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:11 PM #5

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good luck on them gainz man. Ask @Elvemage

Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:12 PM #6

OzScorcher
Ex-Staff

OzScorcher

• Time spent:
      30d 6h 48m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

First of all, you cannot 'turn fat into muscle'. Losing fat and gaining muscle are two processes that occur separately from one another and generally cannot be done at the same time. However, as a beginner you can rely on 'newbie' gains to do this for you. Basically what it means is that since your body is not accustomed to lifting heavy weights it will build muscle at a much faster rate, meaning you can do it at a caloric deficit (losing fat).

You really don't have that much fat on you, and if I was in your current position I'd just begin bulking (eating at a caloric surplus). To do this you need to find your maintenance calories. Basically, start tracking your calories using an app on your phone (MyFitnessPal is very good) and ensure that you are hitting at or around the same number each day, then, after a week weigh yourself. You need to find the amount of calories where you will pretty much maintain your body weight (which can be difficult to find considering newbie gains). Then, add about a surplus of 500 calories to bulk. It's really impossible for anyone to tell you what these numbers will be, online calculators will give you a rough idea, but many other unforeseen factors can heavily affect this. As such, it's up to you to consistently weigh yourself whilst tracking your calories, and adjust accordingly. You are looking to gain about 250-400g of weight a week which will help to minimise your fat gain. Any less than this and your progress will be extremely slow, anymore than this and you will be gaining much more fat than you would like. However, on a bulk fat gain is inevitable so you need to accept some will occur.

To get abs take an extreme amount of work and dedication. You need to be at a very low bodyfat that is generally unsustainable for long periods of time. People you see in magazines have generally gone on extreme weight cuts prior to the photoshoot to make themselves as lean as possible. I'm not trying to discourage you, but you need to understand that this is a goal that will take you a very long time to achieve. For starters focus mainly on short term goals such as hitting a new bench press PR or gaining X amount of weight. Getting abs is a nice goal but it can really affect your psychology when you aren't seeing much progress towards them.

In terms of looking for a program Bodybuilding.com is a very good resource and has hundreds of different programs you can search through. Starting Strength or a basic PPL routine is very good and simple to start you off. 

If you have more questions you can contact me or post on Bodybuilding.com

Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:18 PM #7

CHRIS XD
Banned

CHRIS XD

• Time spent:
      6d 9h 45m 10s

• Total level:

Hey guys, I've recently decided that it's time I got myself fit and into shape. The problem is that I'm not sure how?? 

Currently, my weight is 65.8 kg and my height is 174cm. I'm also 17.

Although, I'm not classified as "overweight" I still have some stomach fat, chest fat and back fat.  (You can't tell really but if i take my shirt off it's noticeable). 

I would like to loose this fat/turn it into muscles (abs) and be in shape. MY main question is how long it would take me to get into shape (get abs) and what I need to do to obtain my goal of getting into shape. 

Recently, I've been going to the gym but I really HAVE NO IDEA what i'm doing. So if someone could send me or create a gym plan for me, i could reward you in some way. 

Here's a picture of me now after going to the gym for like 4 weeks and doing pretty much just bench and some arm workouts. 

be318bd70361da05a41e31737989f98c.png

Thanks a lot for reading and I would like some comments.

Incorporate cardio into your weightlifting for fat burning.

Google weight lifting workout plans for beginners, theres alot of help online + Look for a low carb diet plan.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:22 PM #8

sacrilegious
Ironman

sacrilegious

• Time spent:
      4d 5h 29m 59s

• Total level:

Well rounded workouts are important. You can't neglect support muscles like shoulders, back, triceps. And don't skip leg day. You'll end up having serious spinal problems, along with knees if you neglect leg training for just upper body. Find lifts that you feel good doing, abs are genetic you may never get them. 

Download MyFtinessPal, track your calories and carbs. If you want to build muscle you need more energy for your body to do so (Calories) and protein.

abs are not genetic lol everyone has them its the shape of them that is genetic.

And for spinz i actually just finished a 4 month course alongside my university studies on personal training. i could create a very simple program for you based on your goals (abs) but if you want to get in serious shape i suggest you do some research of your own as there is a lot to learn about fitness i can guide you in the right direction and help you with any questions. 

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:42 PM #9

Mr president
Donator

Mr president

• Time spent:
      8s

• Total level:

Bro you should just start bulking right now high calories and builld muscle. You have what they call "skinny fat" your not fat but your skinny with no muscle  just fat..Build muscle bulk up and then worry about cutting in the future my 0.02 cents,.Their are way better forums to get advice for weight training.Also one other thing if you decide to bulk and build muscle don't just eat junk your diet has to be healthy.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:00 PM #10

Trip
Super Donator

Trip

• Time spent:
      2d 12h 15m 1s

• Total level:

abs are not genetic lol everyone has them its the shape of them that is genetic.

And for spinz i actually just finished a 4 month course alongside my university studies on personal training. i could create a very simple program for you based on your goals (abs) but if you want to get in serious shape i suggest you do some research of your own as there is a lot to learn about fitness i can guide you in the right direction and help you with any questions. 

The measure of which the abdominal muscle protrudes through the fatty layer from the gut is based on genetics. Four years in the gym with my buddies showed me this. All four of us maintained regular schedules for 2-3 hours a day five days a week. Same upper and lower body workouts. One of us has well defined abs even though we are all similar BMI. It's genetics.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:46 PM #11

Prismo
User

Prismo

• Time spent:
      12h 59m 40s

• Total level:
Strawhat is life
Strawhat is love

Fancy to bump into a fellow kiwi!

2946nvb.png

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:28 PM #12

sacrilegious
Ironman

sacrilegious

• Time spent:
      4d 5h 29m 59s

• Total level:

The measure of which the abdominal muscle protrudes through the fatty layer from the gut is based on genetics. Four years in the gym with my buddies showed me this. All four of us maintained regular schedules for 2-3 hours a day five days a week. Same upper and lower body workouts. One of us has well defined abs even though we are all similar BMI. It's genetics.

so your body composition is different from your buddies :) not trying to argue but what i got from your post is that some people will never get abs. We are all born with our rectus abdominus but depending on the size/ bodyfat some pople can see thiers some can not.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:46 PM #13

Mr Kittens
Uber Donator

Mr Kittens

• Time spent:
      7d 7h 8m 56s

• Total level:

so your body composition is different from your buddies :) not trying to argue but what i got from your post is that some people will never get abs. We are all born with our rectus abdominus but depending on the size/ bodyfat some pople can see thiers some can not.

Haha yes I agree 100% with this! Man I loved it when the kids in grade school or hell even Highschool thought they knew what they were doing but really they were underweight to the point of starvation with no muscle and assumed that their ribcage was abs...

21BvMr3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)