10 replies to this topic

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:42 PM #1

Ligma
Donator

Ligma

• Time spent:
      3d 22h 13m 37s

• Total level:

i'm suggesting an extension to achievements and the rewards they wield.

some of these have been suggested before in other threads, but i will still be including those in this as one big thread.

my suggestion is elite achievements. (note : my suggestion is just a prototype and can be altered to perfect in ways seem fit.)

how will this work?Elite achievements will put the best of the best at work and will reward them handomsley at the end for their troubles.

in by ways the player would achieve to have the permanent effect added to their accounts, for example :

- Fishing 50,000 fish = chance to fish an extra noted fish.

- Cooking 50,000 of any type = chance to cook two things at same time or chance to gain double xp for that single cooked item.

- Mine 50,000 Ore = Chance to double mine an ore or chance to have 5-50 (noted) gemstones beneath your standing location. Gemstones vary from Opal-Dragonstone.

- Light 50,000 Logs = Change of your fire from yellow/orange to any type of color of the basic color scheme, so one can have blue fire/green fire/black fire etc.

(effects like these can be toggled back to normal if desired)

- Runecrafting  = Reach 50m experience in rune crafting to have a chance of obtaining extra runes when using essence on an altar.

- Thieving = Use stall 50,000 times at small chance of gaining extra item.

- Fletching = Fletch 65,000 unstrung bow's to gain the ability of using Thread on unfletched bow (u) instead of regular flax string.

- Crafting = Cutting 25,000 Gems gains the ability of using Thread on amulets to string them, instead of ball of wool.

- Smithing = Smithing 50,000 items gives you a  small chance of creating an item from only 1 bar. i.e = rune plate body from 1 rune bar.

- Farming = Harvesting 40,000 crops gives you a 100% permanent increase in growing speed by 20% i.e = if your plant takes 20 minutes to grow, it will grow in only 16min.

This can even apply to combat stats. Such as following.

- Range = Gain 80m range experience to unlock a 10% increase in chance a enchanted bolt will trigger as shown in the picture below from actual osrs source.

ZKOc4FT.png

Except for Onyx Bolts (e) who will only gain an extra small percentage chance of triggering since they have a 10% chance to trigger and will rise to 12% as shown below.

DazMTLz.png

Magic = gain 80m Magic experience and gain the ability to negate ANY rune cost for that cast at 6% chance.

Prayer = Gain 100m Prayer Experience and get double exp from any bone buried or used at an altar at a 20% chance.

Hitpoints = Gain 125m experience in hitpoints and gain the ability to have a 1% chance to survive at 1 hp when dealt with the finish blow (same as Phoenix necklace).

(message will pop up in chat when triggered "The heart has shown you kindness") - Pvp/Pvm

- Slayer =  Gain 100m in slayer experience to gain a very small chance of having 1 kill count as 2, for example youre on a 87 steel dragon task and you defeat one, it has a chance to go to 85 instead of 86.

- Thoughts and support below :)

Note : like i said, this is just a prototype i took out of my time to think about. i like the suggestions i have sent forward but
the dev's are free to use their imagination to alter these idea's in any way they seem fit for the game.

the point of this thread is to dedicate to the idea of player grinding with extra additions of achievements to the game :)

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:55 PM #2

Sassa fras
Veteran

Sassa fras
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      151d 10h 56m 13s

• Previous username:
    Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards
I do like the idea of adding more achievements to the game, after all the only ones we have currently are easy and mediums.

One problem I see with the XP-based elite achievements is that it's much easier for certain game modes to unlock them over others.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

Sassa fras | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

4.6b UIM | UIM KOTS Winner | Fastest to MAX Winner | First Maxed HCUIM

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:01 PM #3

Elite dezrix
Elite Ironman

Elite dezrix

• Time spent:
      24d 19h 44m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea, but the XP locked achievement for a pretty big reward I'd like to see changed to something easier for all game modes, as that stands normal/iron/uim would be able to unlock it insanely quickly. Changing it to something like Kill 250 Kree'Arra or something that has to do with ranged seems like a decent idea.

OlVynZn.png  11/11/18

705fbe60494421.5c35f12e20a6a.png

Promoted to Server Support: Dec. 1st 2018

Resigned Dec. 21st 2018

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:03 PM #4

Ligma
Donator

Ligma

• Time spent:
      3d 22h 13m 37s

• Total level:

I do like the idea of adding more achievements to the game, after all the only ones we have currently are easy and mediums.

One problem I see with the XP-based elite achievements is that it's much easier for certain game modes to unlock them over others.

indeed, i thought about that. but different types of accounts have always been easier to complete compared to others. like normie and elite iron.
so of course one mode is going to be easier then the others. the only thing i can think of is to increase the XP needed on those type of achievements for different type of game modes or maybe it can be reduced for iron based accounts in terms of difficulty.

with that being said though. these achievements will be really helpful on iron based accounts too once unlocked as they offer a wide range of benefits.

also as i stated this is just the prototype of the idea, to get the idea across, and to get the support of the community. after that its up to the dev's on how they want to do it :)

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:18 PM #5

C O C K
Super Donator

C O C K
Clan: LMB

• Time spent:
      4d 18h 49m 39s

• Previous username:
    cuzzin

• Total level:

This is almost identical to the Diaries OSRS has except through XP grinding. Highly support.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:08 AM #6

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
I like this idea, it’s more of an end-game activity same as f.e 200m xp grind.
Of course we could still change some amounts like you mentioned.

One problem I’m thinking of is the comp cape, since you need all achievements done you’ll have to do these again to wear it.
Actually I really like this idea and we could exempt these achievements for the comp cape, actually go through with it which means you’d have to grind again for it or add it in some sort of other list then achievements, make an NPC for these challenges or some sort of Diaries like eim marlon mentioned.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:11 PM #7

Ligma
Donator

Ligma

• Time spent:
      3d 22h 13m 37s

• Total level:

@Sheep yeah, i didnt think that far ahead of the comp cape but it would make more sense if these ideas and comp cape were to be kept separate as two different things.

but im glad you like the idea, it adds onto endgame and gives people who grind for a long time a sense of extra achievement/benefits for their troubles.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:32 PM #8

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
Pretty much agree with what @Sassafras said. Would be great to have another set of more challenging achievements to do, but the XP ones would take a pretty long time for EIMs, classics, and HCIMs to get for just a small bonus. The “make x amount of items” or “do this action x times” seem a bit more feasible, in my opinion.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:43 AM #9

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

i really love this suggestion and hope it's implemented

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753  Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1b SnK

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:15 PM #10

Iron maxx
Ironman

Iron maxx
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      32d 14h 4m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards

I love the suggestion on the skilling ones. Like mining, cooking, fishing etc.

I don't like the ones for combat based. It starts to get a lil too big in my eyes.

But good suggestion tho. Support for the skilling ones!

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:08 AM #11

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

This would indeed be a very cool idea for the future and would give people more things to do on Alora. :) 

Support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)