6 replies to this topic

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:21 PM #1

H Z Pjr
User

H Z Pjr

• Time spent:
      4h 47m 43s

Hi all,

I've been trying my hardest for a couple of hours now to try and recover my old account made in May 2017.

I understand Alora as a business has strict morals on account recovery, which I think is great. 

But for people like myself its very hard to recover an old account due to day to day things.

such as, 

- Upgrading Pc

- Moving House

I was getting told I need to proof ID for a transcation I made on the account? 

The member of staff didn't take it very serious. 

ME : 

ok

did i make purchases then

via paypal?

STAFF: 

???

You tell me

Did you?

I think this was very unprofessional as I want to become a part of Alora once again. Not even that, a paying customer as well. 

He didn't cater any of needs and I felt like he didn't want me to get my account back. 

Thanks, 

H Z P

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:26 PM #2

soahC
Group Ironman

soahC
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 38m 34s

• Total level:
Edited.

Also Alora is free to play. You voluntarily donated so you’re not a “paying customer”. You are a paying customer you bought a service or goods from a bussiness. Alora is NOT a bussiness.

chaossig.gif

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:31 PM #3

Veteran

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards

Wrong section bud

Not a wrong section as he giving "Feedback" regarding our "Support/Custom Service".

Well I think you if anyone should know, if you donated or not don't understand the point of pictures. We have here our own system, when it comes to recovering accounts and if you fail to provide the required information we cannot give the account details to you or disable 2FA as a security purpose of course. We can't make a miracles here.. Don't know how it was unprofessional as the staff member was asking, if you did donate or not. As you know it better than him.

However, thank you for the feedback we will do our best to improve the things you mentioned in the thread.

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:33 PM #4

Sassa fras
Veteran

Sassa fras
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      151d 7h 45m 45s

• Previous username:
    Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards

How in the screenshot is he/she not taking you seriously?

They need to verify you are actually the owner of the account.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

Sassa fras | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

4.6b UIM | UIM KOTS Winner | Fastest to MAX Winner | First Maxed HCUIM

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:41 PM #5

Banks
Veteran

Banks
Clan: Salty Ex-Admins

• Time spent:
      157d 3h 1m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

Something that should be made very clear is that here on Alora, the security of our players' accounts is one of our top priorities (if not the very top). We have our methods of identifying an individual as the original owner of an account and if this person can not provide the information we need, we will not risk compromising the account in question. This includes people who can't provide the information we ask for but offer other information that, whether it seems like it or not, is not information that, without a reasonable doubt, tells us that they are the original account owner.

This being said we're very open about the information we require in the account recovery process and our Support Section is ALWAYS open if you happen to come across some of the information we're asking for and you are welcome to submit a ticket at any time.

draisig2.png

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:10 PM #6

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

We have our methods of identifying who is the original owner of an account when it comes to the Account Recovery section. When we require information from you, it is necessary to provide said information on the ticket as it helps us with account verification. If a user is unable to provide the required information, or trying to provided other forms of information that does not help us with account verification whatsoever, we would be unable to recover the account. We take account recovery very seriously, as we do not wish to jeopardize accounts getting hacked.

With that said, thank you for your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:14 PM #7

Paine
Veteran

Paine

• Time spent:
      171d 10h 5m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello,

Usually, I don't bother to comment on these kinds of threads because people WILL NEVER understand the way our forum section works without actually having prior experience. We don't take the risk of someone getting his/her account hacked just because they claim it's their account. I also find it very disturbing that you mention your donation so much, but after all, Alora is free to play and we will treat everyone the same, no matter if they donated or not (which you chose to do voluntarily, and no one forced you to.). We do our best to keep our security standards to the fullest and we will never let anything slide. 

As the other staff members have told you above, if you find the information we require, feel free to make another support ticket, and we will gladly help.

I wish I could say something along the lines of "Hey, thank you for the feedback" but this is rather arrogance and non-appreciation of the work every staff member does daily without actual profit, but pure love for the game. I will also close this feedback post as you got an explanation for everything you asked for. Have a nice day.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 09/16/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator on 10/03/2018

Promoted to Forum Moderator on 11/25/2018
Promoted to Global Moderator on 1/6/2019

Promoted to Event Manager on 8/2/2019

Resigned from Event Manager on 10/25/2019

Returned as Server Moderator on 02/16/2020

Promoted to Global Moderator on 02/25/2020

Resigned from Global Moderator on 04/07/2020

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 28 user(s)