Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:48 PM #1

Jstyles
Donator

Jstyles
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      24d 11h 10m 14s

• Total level:

I know the questionnaire that appears every so often while some skilling is essentially for bot checking, but I also feel it's an absolute annoyance when it sometimes appears TOO often. Not to mention that it gives outfits that have no immediate value in any form since it's the same small pool of outfits every time. With that, I want to suggest adding certain random events. This is only my personal opinion, but I think only a select few of Random Events that are in OSRS should only function here: Genie, Quiz Master, Maze, Certers and Surprise Exam.

Of course, it wouldn't just be simply adding them, but also adjusting them to have some value on Alora. For example, if possible, you can adjust the lamps to give a certain amount of XP based off your game mode AND your current skill level of your choosing. Same thing with the Book of Knowledge that you can get from the Surprise Exam. For Certers (via Niles, Miles & Giles), these rewards can also be adjusted such as giving Crystal Key pieces, a whole key, coins, skilling materials etc while at the same time eliminating rewards that have no value on the server --- Talismans, Kebabs, Spinach Roll. Same thing with the Maze event.

I would also like to point out that I am not suggesting a removal of our current Anti-Macro Event Questionnaire system but simply adding a little bit more fun to it since the grind can be painful and boring all across the board. 

<3 

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:09 PM #2

Maleficia
Group Ironman

Maleficia

• Time spent:
      45d 22h 55m 31s

• Previous username:
    Paddewwa

• Total level:
    Awards

I would definitely agree that the current bot check system is quite annoying and is in need of a change. They occur way too often, and for every activity you do it feels like. That being said, I'm very hesitant to agree that exp rewards or supply rewards are the way to go. That could become very over powered very quickly in my opinion. Overall though, I agree 100% that the current system needs tweaked big time. 

Posted Image

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:21 PM #3

Fine China
Banned

Fine China

• Time spent:
      21d 7h 1m 3s

• Total level:

No support on the Quiz Master and Surprise Exam random events, and most especially the Maze random event. I would rather not be disturbed from my gameplay by being teleported away from my current activity that would take up my time for little to no reward. I've calculated the experience rates that each game mode would receive from the random events that grant experience rewards - this includes the Genie random event as well, and it would be pointless, in my honest opinion.

Also, there is no need to add new NPCs and such, as Omicron can simply just implement new rewards to the current random event/anti-bot system. 

I'm not completely disagreeing with your suggestion, I wouldn't be vexed with little more rewards being implemented to the current random event/anti-bot system, but I personally feel it's fine the way it is. Granted, the current random event/anti-bot system can become distressing after a while, but it's there for a reason. It's to keep the game clean and bot free, not for giving out a variety rewards.

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:47 PM #4

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

I can understand the rewards for answering the random questions are useless and simply answering them can be annoying, but I'm not in support of adding more random events. Answering those questions should take no longer than 10-15 seconds, then just simply go back to your activity. No need to stall players of their activities with random events.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:08 PM #5

Jstyles
Donator

Jstyles

• Time spent:
      24d 11h 10m 14s

• Total level:

I'd like to discuss further on this topic a bit. Perhaps reducing the frequency of how often these random events occur would help a little? I also understand that the current system now is made to keep bots out, but it wouldn't be a complete bust if it gave something a little. Such as coal, runes, or something of immediate (and obviously a fair amount) supply to help on the adventures. The rewards don't have to be over the top, just something to help the journey a tiny bit.

As for the annoyance of being teleported away, I'm sure you can simply ignore or decline the random event rather than just participating if you felt the need to. Though if the idea still feels like a lost cause, then so be it.  <3

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:25 PM #6

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

To be honest, I do not feel players should be rewarded for answering the random questions correctly. As what Fine China said, it is meant to keep the game free of bots, not to give a variety of rewards. Some days you may get them more often than others, but eventually we just get used to it. Failing to answer the question puts you in jail, which again, is part of the process.

There was a similar suggestion to your's, but giving xp instead of resources, however most players on the topic do not support it (including myself).

https://www.alora.io...-random-events/

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:59 PM #7

Jstyles
Donator

Jstyles

• Time spent:
      24d 11h 10m 14s

• Total level:

Fair enough, I'm just happy that I got some feedback and the idea wasn't completely dead weight.

• MT likes this

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:03 AM #8

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support for new rewards. Not on XP lamps or books, I think XP is already easy to get. 

Spoiler

Posted 08 March 2020 - 04:12 PM #9

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 7 user(s)