Konar
Group Ironman

Konar
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      33d 51m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

The Rejuvenation pool update in the last update that changed the spec cooldown timer for EVERY pool including the POH pools to 5mins in my opinion is a very bad update for the server for pvm AND pvp.

For pvm, you can no longer do efficient 1-2 kill trips to save supplies for some bosses like kq(which is aids to kill efficiently without spec) cerb, vorkath etc. because def reducing spec weps make them much more enjoyable to do.

For pvp, most fights last around 2-3mins max, there is no way I'm starting another fight without having full spec so I'm forced to just wait around to get my spec back, this just alienates even more people from starting and continuing to pk because who wants to wait around doing nothing for 2-3mins just to fight again.

The way Omicron phrased the update 

9665bd2fb2ccb7f55e0473c59ca0e0b3.png

If you're so adamant on pkers not spec tabbing either code it like osrs where you can't get your special attack restored if you've attacked a player within the past 90 seconds or so OR if the code eludes you then just make a server rule about it so as to not piss off the 95% of your community that plays the server to skill or pvm because we all know that only a few people pk. I agree that they deserve QOL pking updates, but this update did not seem QOL to pvp in any way.

Leave your thoughts below and let Omicron know how you feel about this update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:18 AM #2

Desertions
Classic

Desertions

• Time spent:
      1d 17m 20s

• Total level:

I'm glad they tried to stop spec tabbers, but in reality it seems like such a small population to bring a shitton of damage to pvp & pvm altogether

it's pointless to even get a poh rejuv, because they're also 5 min cooldown

If you're so adamant on pkers not spec tabbing either code it like osrs where you can't get your special attack restored if you've attacked a player within the past 90 seconds or so OR if the code eludes you then just make a server rule about it

I feel like 90 second rejuv timer is perfect, only exception being no timer if the opponent is killed or if you die before the fight is over. that way you can still continue on with other fights, but if you bail mid-fight (spec tab), you have to wait a minute and a half.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:21 AM #3

SpiritHerc
Super Donator

SpiritHerc

• Time spent:
      3d 2h 44m 11s

• Total level:

While i understand why Omicron made this update, i feel that you have a better argument in the lather. I thought it was a glitch on my side that my special wasn't getting filled but turns out it was this update. I really feel it makes fights so much harder in PVM. sure, i get the point of the update, but I feel it was not a good update for the health of the server. 

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:22 AM #4

Steel Nogan
Veteran

Steel Nogan
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      51d 23h 35m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards
Fully agree with what u said, i like that Omicron wants to stop the abuse of the pools on pvp, but as u said 95% of the other players that only pvm suffer for wrong doings of others.
#justice4rejuvPools

Posted Image

Spoiler

Alora Awards
Spoiler

ICE Awards
Spoiler

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:43 AM #5

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I agree with your points @Konar. Majority of players do PvMing, the longer cooldown means that they cannot PvM efficiently. As what @IM Moe said, a nice solution would be to remove the cooldown of the POH pool as that’s how it is on OSRS.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:57 AM #6

Shamrock
Veteran

Shamrock
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      95d 17h 17m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

agree 100 % hopefully this is reviewed and redone.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:35 PM #7

Learn
Ironman

Learn

• Time spent:
      12d 7h 57m 46s

• Total level:

The Rejuvenation pool update in the last update that changed the spec cooldown timer for EVERY pool including the POH pools to 5mins in my opinion is a very bad update for the server for pvm AND pvp.

For pvm, you can no longer do efficient 1-2 kill trips to save supplies for some bosses like kq(which is aids to kill efficiently without spec) cerb, vorkath etc. because def reducing spec weps make them much more enjoyable to do.

For pvp, most fights last around 2-3mins max, there is no way I'm starting another fight without having full spec so I'm forced to just wait around to get my spec back, this just alienates even more people from starting and continuing to pk because who wants to wait around doing nothing for 2-3mins just to fight again.

The way Omicron phrased the update 

9665bd2fb2ccb7f55e0473c59ca0e0b3.png

If you're so adamant on pkers not spec tabbing either code it like osrs where you can't get your special attack restored if you've attacked a player within the past 90 seconds or so OR if the code eludes you then just make a server rule about it so as to not piss off the 95% of your community that plays the server to skill or pvm because we all know that only a few people pk. I agree that they deserve QOL pking updates, but this update did not seem QOL to pvp in any way.

Leave your thoughts below and let Omicron know how you feel about this update.

I totally agree, Construction on this server is completely pointless unless youre going for Max, like there's absolutely no incentive to even build a nice house with a pool or tree or anything to be frank.

POH Pool should be adjusted as it does take long amounts of grinding for Ironmen or buying it in the shop to make a upgraded pool.  Also the timer should be coded as it is on OSRS to make it fair.

zo3KVUN.png

Alora History:

Joined 05-21-2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 40 user(s)