Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: A rework of the Achievement Diary to be more in-depth and similar to OSRS.

Is this in OSRS?: Yes.

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: Yes, but not as thoroughly put together.

How would this benefit Alora?: Add additional perks to completing achievements, add more content at the different stages of the game and expose players to interacting with different areas of the game.

Hello all,

This is something I've been working on for a while now, with the help of a few of our other staff members, that I think would add some amazing extra content and depth to the server. Keep in mind that the rewards for each of the areas along with the achievements and the numbers to complete the achievement aren't set in stone but are just a rough draft. I'd love to gather your feedback on whether this is something you'd like to see in place of our current achievement system along with your input on the rewards for each diary and the individual achievements themselves. Please comment your feedback below or send me a PM on Discord or here on the forums.

General Information:

- The full Achievement Diary must be completed to wear the Monkey/Completionist Monkey

- Achievement Diary items already obtained that you don't meet the requirements for would either be removed or not function until the respective diary is completed

- Items currently in the achievement shop that are not diary rewards could be moved to the daily task shop/vote shop to replace some of the achievement diary rewards in there

(such as the Lumberjack set and Pyromancer set)

- I've removed PK requirements as it seems unfair to force players to engage in PVP. Forcing them to do so doesn't correctly get more players into the Wilderness to PK.

evVzJok.png  Achievement Diaries

2NJbldi.png Ardougne Diary

Spoiler

TQYVSSh.png Desert Diary

Spoiler

fQ0uccW.png Falador Diary

Spoiler

ZcwRGg4.png Fremennik Diary

Spoiler

XYfJkTG.png Kandarin Diary

Spoiler

B29qdu2.png Karamja Diary

Spoiler

SqXYLoK.png Kourend & Kebos Diary

Spoiler

TQYVSSh.png Lumbridge & Draynor Diary

Spoiler

EfCKtV5.png Morytania Diary

Spoiler

OWPESvE.png Varrock Diary

Spoiler

RPkjtGt.png Western Provinces Diary

Spoiler

crdD79e.png Wilderness Diary

Spoiler

Thanks for taking the time to look through this and I look forward to hearing your input on the topic.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:36 PM #2

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I dont see the need for this and Will not be supporting this i like how alora is and this is to much 

Spoiler

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:38 PM #3

Elite kyn
Elite Ironman

Elite kyn

• Time spent:
      15h 25m 29s

• Total level:

I like the idea however the rewards and such do need to be looked at more in depth, a few of them are useless that u named, and some are already a thing such as the noted bones, other than that pretty good suggestion

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:38 PM #4

Not Enzo
Classic

Not Enzo

• Time spent:
      28d 6h 42m 35s

• Total level:
    Awards

Props to others who worked on this with you Mack ! Personally, I'm always up for new content to make the game harder than it already is, so I definitely support this. With the addition of some of the Wilderness achievements needed to be completed, this should also give PKers more opportunity to enjoy the game, definitely appreciate the thought put into this as I can see this should bring up activity in other forgotten parts of the game  :lol:

Posted Image

My Accounts

Posted Image Yung Enzo

Posted Image Sweeped

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:49 PM #5

Master Alora
Banned

Master Alora

• Time spent:
      27d 17h 59m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

This would bring in some new content, and motivate players to do the achievements. I support this, also gives later use for extra items in the achievement shop ;) +1Support

Posted Image

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:54 PM #6

Some Idiot
Ironman

Some Idiot

• Time spent:
      4d 21h 21m 40s

• Previous username:
    Dregs

• Total level:

If you're going to change mole parts exchange rates I'd prefer both claws and skins to have a 1:1 ratio. Other than that just keep an option to auto complete pvp achievements for ironmen and you have my support  :P

Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:56 PM #7

Iron Engage
Group Ironman

Iron Engage

• Time spent:
      14h 56m 25s

• Total level:

I don't support this 

I respect that you are still thinking of ways to improve the qol things, but i feel like we should focus on other aspects AT THIS CURRENT MOMENT, and in the future we can take a look at achievement items.

Right now we need to get Arclight working(with an easier way to obtain), birdhouses in the game etc. I feel like if we cant get those, we shouldn't do anything.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:09 PM #8

Banks
Veteran

Banks
Clan: Salty Ex-Admins

• Time spent:
      157d 3h 1m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards
While I don’t necessarily think an achievement rework is a priority per se, I have always felt that the achievements are a tad outdated and would definitely like to see them reworked to specific diaries as you’ve laid out.

Support from me.

draisig2.png

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:14 PM #9

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I like the idea of dividing the achievements up by city/region and giving different rewards for completing each set. However, some of the perks should be reworked in such a way that they don’t conflict with donation perks and/or quest perks (e.g. noted dragon bones, free wildy resource entry, slayer helm bonus with shayzien, etc). The free Zulrah resurrection per day should not be a reward at all, unless HCIMs don’t benefit from it.

With that said, I’ll remain neutral. I appreciate you for taking the time on creating this suggestion topic and sharing your ideas.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:23 PM #10

EIM 1gp
User

EIM 1gp
Clan: ?

• Time spent:
      75d 4h 49m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

I will be supporting this. The current achievements are not nearly as usefull as they should be. They are mostly completed for obtaining the completionist monkey and other than a few dedicated pkers that complete them for the higher % chance of proccing bolts, there is no real reason to complete the achievements other than those 2 reasons. 

Would love to see this being implemented in the future.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:07 AM #11

Mitch Fe
User

Mitch Fe

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 11m 35s

• Total level:

This is too much-- the current system that is already implemented would work fine with some simple tweaks. Removing unnecessary items and adding more useful ones, as well as some way to refund purchases. I feel like what you're suggesting isn't worth all of the time, although I could see how amazing this would be-- I would be ecstatic if this idea was planted and took root within the Alora staff. Nice post, I love how much effort you put into it!

Mitch Fe - Highscores

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:51 AM #12

LTG Arrow
Veteran

LTG Arrow
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      42d 19h 23m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards
I like this, support
<p class='bbc_center'>Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image</p><p class='bbc_center'><br /><br /><span style='color: #ff8c00'>Check the links down below if you require any help! </span></p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...count-recovery/' class='bbc_url' title=''>2FA & Account Recovery</a></p><p class='bbc_center'>|</p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...t-issues-guide/' class='bbc_url' title=''>Client Assistance</a></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...official-rules/' class='bbc_url' title=''>Official Rules</a></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...rum/27-appeals/' class='bbc_url' title=''>Appeal</a></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'>Bug Report</p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'>Updates </p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Promoted to </span></span><span style='color: #99ccff'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>Server Support </span></span></span><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>on August 31th, 2019</span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Promoted to</span><span style='color: #a4a4a4'><span style='font-family: Arial'> </span></span><span style='color: #1e90ff'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Server Moderator</span></span><span style='color: #a4a4a4'><span style='font-family: Arial'> </span></span><span style='font-family: Arial'>on</span><span style='color: #a4a4a4'><span style='font-family: Arial'> </span></span><span style='font-family: Arial'>September</span><span style='font-family: Arial'> 30th, 2019</span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Stepped down from the staff team on October 23rd, 2019 :(</span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Proudly returned to the team as </span><span style='color: #1e90ff'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>Server Moderator </span></span></span>on November 5th, 2019 :Poggers:</p>

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:22 AM #13

Real Josh
Realism

Real Josh

• Time spent:
      2d 5h 36m 46s

• Total level:

I would like to see something changed with the way the Achievement system works here on Alora, and I like the way you are thinking, maybe have another think about what some of the rewards could be and you'll have my Support, things like extra Mort Myre Fungi just seem a bit pointless to me.

Other Accounts

Normie : Ult Man (Maxed)

Ultimate Ironman : UIM Josh

Realistic Account : Real Josh

Hardcore Ironman : Hard Josh

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:49 AM #14

teeth check
Veteran

teeth check
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      205d 4h 59m 56s

• Previous username:
    Hellish

• Total level:
    Awards

Me like, support. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:50 AM #15

lNSOMNlA
Group Ironman

lNSOMNlA
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      19d 16h 33m 12s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very well thought out. I actually talked with my team about achievement diaries and the perks. You have my support!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:54 AM #16

KP
Veteran

KP

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

I like how its structured in this suggestion, we need early game content specially with the new low XP rate gamemode. This will give us a lot more stuff to do and players can explore all the content we have to offer . 

Support.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 04 June 2019 - 02:59 AM #17

Nergal
Classic

Nergal
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      11d 15h 41m 34s

• Previous username:
    ClassicMusiq

• Total level:
    Awards
I loved the achievements in osrs! +1 support

Spoiler

dysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=969&h

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:38 AM #18

Sayso
Veteran

Sayso
Clan: MOST HATED

• Time spent:
      131d 8h 55m 30s

• Previous username:
    T S

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm all for more achievements and that, but I don't wanna lose my monkey Simon  :PepeHands:  :FeelsRainMan:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:30 AM #19

Elite Sheets
User

Elite Sheets

• Time spent:
      8d 20h 49m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards

This suggestion looks amazing! It's well put together and opens up a lot of doors for future updates, which is always positive. The achievement diary gear right now is pretty useless and there's definently room for improvement there. 

This suggestion is an epic first step to making it better! I support this 100%

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:46 AM #20

Sokaa
Super Donator

Sokaa

• Time spent:
      14d 20h 9m 23s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yes absolutely supporting this.

sokaaa.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 413 user(s)