Sick Skiller
Ironman

Sick Skiller

• Time spent:
      2d 41m 21s

• Total level:

Hello!

-Please read the entire post to get the full concept and impact to the game-

In the following post I am going to present some buffs the the Ninja, Dragon, and Lucky impling drop table that would be very appealing to Ironmen, especially those ironmen skilling accounts.  My proposed buff would be adding rune woodcutting axe, dragon woodcutting axe, dragon pickaxe, dragon harpoon, and smouldering stone into the drop table at a low drop rate (proposed drop rates will be mentioned later on in the post).  For ironmen, it is very risky and extremely hard to get the latter of above mentioned items, and for ironmen skillers, it is literally impossible to get the rune pickaxe or any of the dragon tools.

By introducing these dragon tools into the impling tables a low drop rate, the items shall still retain their value in the totem poll as they will be a rare drop from implings that are already uncommonly found in Puro Puro itself.  By adding the most expensive of the items (Dragon pickaxe, harpoon and smouldering stone) to an impling that is rarely spawned in Puro Puro at a low drop rate, you will hardly see an increase of these items coming into the game, however you will be giving ironmen another option to obtain these items safely, and you will be giving ironmen skillers their only chance to obtain these items at all.

Being as these items are solely used for resource collecting, adding the safer option to obtain these items will add no PVP or PVM advantages to the game, they will not be able to be farmed for money.

The proposed drop rates are as follows:

Ninja Impling

Rune axe, drop rate 1/60

Dragon Impling

Rune pickaxe, drop rate 1/100

Dragon axe, drop rate 1/250 

Smouldering stone, drop rate 1/25,000

Lucky Impling

Dragon pickaxe, drop rate 1/600

Dragon harpoon, drop rate 1/600

Smouldering Stone, drop rate 1/6,000

Bonus Proposal

When trying to equip an infernal (and only infernal) tool with out the 60 attack requirement, a message shall appear stating that you do not have the requirements to wield this item.  Accompanying this message shall be an option to "wield anyways," or "do not wield." 

Choosing "Wield anyways"

When a player chooses this option, the particular infernal tool that the player was trying to wield will lose all offensive and defensive stats, essentially reducing the tool to a cosmetic item.  The tool will still be able to be used for its primary purpose (chopping trees, mining ore, fishing), however the rate at which the infernal tools special ability occures will be reduced by 15%.  The purpose for which a player would choose this option would be to:

a.) Show off their accomplishment (achieving the drop of both a dragon tool and smouldering stone) in a cosmetic fashion

b.) To save 1 inventory space per trip while still using their infernal tool.

Choosing "do not wield"

Choosing this option will result in the tool being left in the inventory.  The tool's special affect shall remain at 100%.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.  It's primary focus is for the ironman skilling community, but would be available across all game modes. 

Please leave your comments on what you think below.  Did you like this idea/concept?  Would you change anything about it, if so, what?

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:20 PM #2

Exmark
Elite Ironman

Exmark
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      24d 23h 33m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. Any player who is playing an Ironman as a "Skiller" Ironman is putting those limitations on themselves so it should come with the restrictions of doing so. Your proposed idea takes away value of these items by making them obtainable through a much safer way even if at a low rate. I personally wouldn't mind if the implings had rune pickaxe or axe added to the drop table but I believe adding dragon equipment and the smoldering stone is a little too much. Also not having the required level just means you must have the item in your inventory so you lose one inventory space just like in old school and I don't think straying from that is a good idea. I'm sorry. No Support.

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st 2019.

Promoted to Server Moderator on August 11th 2019.

Posted Image

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:49 PM #3

Iron Penny
User

Iron Penny

• Time spent:
      3d 16h 15m 52s

• Total level:

Don't support this at all, sorry just don't agree with any of those lol.

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:37 AM #4

Mantis
User

Mantis

• Time spent:
      10d 7h 19m 44s

• Total level:

wtf is an ironman skiller?  absolutely no support.  There are also benefits to getting ATTACK to wield better tools.  

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:48 AM #5

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I also do not support these suggestions. Dragon picks/axes should just stay as drops from their respective bosses. Rune tool drops are fine, but adding dragon tools would just be too much and would de-value them in general. The “wield anyways” option should not be a feature at all. Just get the attack requirement and you are all set to wield the tools and get their bonuses. Ironman skillers chose to go with their limitations, therefore they lose out on better tools. No support.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:50 AM #6

Konar
Group Ironman

Konar

• Time spent:
      33d 51m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support to the dragon items or smouldering stone, I could get behind some way to get rune pick/hatchet as a level 3 ironman somehow but no to the others.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:14 AM #7

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Not a fan of changing how to obtain dragon items just to cater to limitations that someone puts on themselves. As for rune axes or pickaxes, if you want to be a level 3 Ironman you can obtain them from clues which you can get from fishing, woodcutting, etc. 

No support.

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:38 PM #8

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 39m 56s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 47 user(s)