7 replies to this topic

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:09 PM #1

Drip2hard
Extreme Donator

Drip2hard

• Time spent:
      4d 15h 2m 23s

• Total level:

It's getting harder and harder to find raiders in Alora, with 7 mans mostly running just on bonuses.

the amount of raiders are slowly reducing, not many new ones; and older ones no longer doing cox.

If i do solo raids im getting 35-40 minute times, which is okay.. but I am noticing no drop difference between my 12-15k pts solos compared to 3-4k pts groups, and many raiders feel the same way. Even with a tbow/scythe 30 minute solo times are not viable due to the lack of emphasis on points, and no one is capping anymore due to this.

Suggestion:

I feel like any of these suggestions being implemented would bring more life to raids 1/ cox.

* make point capping/ accumulation more viable to reward longer raid times thru solos and make capping a viable option

* nerf amount of worms/branches needed for skilling rooms to decrease raid times ( only for smaller groups/ solos)

* increase timer on tekton hammering anvil, so he doesn't have to go thru 3-4 phases for a kill.(solo/duo)

* reduce double/triple targetting of a single individual. possible cd between special attacks, so you dont get red sphered, pray flicked, burned, green crystal within seconds...

* revamp cox so you don't have to do the same rooms over and over again with no variety.

lmk if you have any input, concerns, or disagreements with any of my suggestions. I don't advocate for all to be implemented, but anything to improve the QOL of raids would have an impactful effect.

*EDIT: alternate suggestion:

transparent cox rates so we don't have to use rng to guestimate the drop rates.

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:21 PM #2

Daz
Uber Donator

Daz
Clan: Peeks/Lmb

• Time spent:
      11d 5h 49m 59s

• Previous username:
    King Daz

• Total level:
    Awards

I support 100%, good suggestion Drip ! 

Keep your Friends close, Keep your enemies closer...

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:11 PM #3

beans n cake
Donator

beans n cake
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      163d 1h 51m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards
I agree with the branches worms. Worms is straight aids solo. But tekton with t bow is 2 max usually and 25-30 min solos. Cox is already super easy with most rooms being able to be safe spotted. I do wish points had more of an impact like stated so I will say neutral for this

At the end of the day you are getting a change at 2.5b Everytime you raid so easy shouldn't be an answer

Gimbeans.gif

Scythe.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

GIM Goals
Spoiler

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:33 PM #4

Classic
Veteran

Classic

• Time spent:
      99d 21h 26m 32s

• Previous username:
    No

• Total level:
    Awards

no support on this, with the amount of R1 items coming into the game daily I dont see a reason on changing anything in COX. COX isn't suppose to reward you every time you go in, it is suppose to be a grind. I also believe the cox reward system is set up similar to OSRS with the way points affect the rewards if im not mistaken. Omicron has done a good job with the raids and the only reason you are seeing the same people getting drops is because they have the higher donor ranks which gives them the boost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:57 PM #5

Foundational
Donator

Foundational
Clan: LMB

• Time spent:
      76d 5h 9m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'll wait to hear others' feedback on your points but full support for the last point of adding some variety. One of the reasons I quit doing raids 1 is just how boring/lack of a challenge it is. There's absolutely no variety in the room layout and you're just doing the same thing over and over whereas it changes on osrs. Honestly I'd like to see raids 1 being more similar to osrs in terms of the mechanics and just how you're supposed to approach doing them (similarity would also include the addition of more rooms that osrs raids has like the crystals and knights)

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:14 AM #6

My shit luck
User

My shit luck

• Time spent:
      1d 10h 24m 41s

• Total level:

no support on this, with the amount of R1 items coming into the game daily I dont see a reason on changing anything in COX. COX isn't suppose to reward you every time you go in, it is suppose to be a grind. I also believe the cox reward system is set up similar to OSRS with the way points affect the rewards if im not mistaken. Omicron has done a good job with the raids and the only reason you are seeing the same people getting drops is because they have the higher donor ranks which gives them the boost.

I agree with you on some points regarding how Cox shouldn’t be spamming item into the game, however, that wasn’t my suggestion, a slight QOL won’t directly affect drop rates. And when you say no support are you just skimming thru the list, I’m sure the majority of the player base would enjoy a variety of rooms instead of the same pattern.

Furthermore, I’m not too sure about how much points affect drops, maybe transparency of drop rates would be a better suggestion.

I'll wait to hear others' feedback on your points but full support for the last point of adding some variety. One of the reasons I quit doing raids 1 is just how boring/lack of a challenge it is. There's absolutely no variety in the room layout and you're just doing the same thing over and over whereas it changes on osrs. Honestly I'd like to see raids 1 being more similar to osrs in terms of the mechanics and just how you're supposed to approach doing them (similarity would also include the addition of more rooms that osrs raids has like the crystals and knights)

Thanks for the input,
I don’t expect people to agree with every thing I covered. A rework to incorporate variety would be the ideal solution, imo. I kind of rushed my post, and in hindsight should have tried incorporating a more universal suggestion than my rants about solos.

Edit:

commented on wrong account. I am drip2hard

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:18 AM #7

Iron bandos
Ironman

Iron bandos

• Total level:

rsps with same reward system as 07 rofl hahahhahhahhahahh

Posted 01 February 2024 - 06:45 PM #8

Logan

Global Moderator

Logan
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      151d 3h 45m 40s

• Previous username:
    Logann

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 93 user(s)