14 replies to this topic

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:14 PM #1

Icy Rang4
Classic

Icy Rang4

• Time spent:
      1d 18h 39m 42s

• Total level:

I have no problem with the staff messing around with the player base. But for context:

I lost my Tent Whip and Daxe to a bug related to raids 1. I won't go into the details but I submitted a bug report on 9/10/19 (It is now 9/13/19) and have had not a single response despite being viewed by multiple staff.

Today, I was grinding Kraken in anticipation that I will not get my items (I am okay with grinding my items back, a response to my report would be nice tho), and got a Marble block on my 750th kill (boosted droprate). @king purple chimed in yell chat with a "l0l". Normally a response like that would not bother me or many other people, but the fact that the very admin who advised me to even make the bug report in the first place is trolling me over an item I should not have to grind for a second time again is simply unprofessional. Not to mention @Mack was being biased in favor of his co-worker, failing to see the problem I was having (staff unprofessionalism, not me not having to grind kraken again) and reminding me that it is simply "not their department" and I should not hold the Alora staff accountable for these things.

I am not calling for any ramifications against anyone,m just making public the problem so things can improve moving forward! The staff can be fun and ALSO professional. Pick your spots, be appropriate, and grow from this.

I am choosing to be late to work over this, so before anyone points out the obvious, i am SALTY :)

P.S. I got a trident 3 kills later >.<

P.S. I had to grind 3268 kc for my first prim

P.S.S. 1.5k+ crystal keys no rangers

P.S.S.S. 800kc hydra claw

P.S.S.S.S. I say all this because i really dont mind grinding for items! I just have shit luck as it is and cba.

EDIT: typos

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:21 PM #2

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey @Icy Rang4, our awesome Event Manager KP is the MOST FRIENDLIEST on the team to be honest with you. I'm 100% positive he did not mean it in an offensive way, it is just part of being involved with the community. I assure you all bug reports are handled in a timely manner, and you should not see it in this bad way. 

P.S. Only Omicron handles the reports, so the staff viewing it is to see how major it is in the case something has to be hotfixed right away. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:22 PM #3

MCMUFFIN177
Classic

MCMUFFIN177

• Time spent:
      6d 18h 34m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think you will delete this post after you take a nap.

Hors1.png

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:23 PM #4

Paine
Veteran

Paine

• Time spent:
      171d 10h 5m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello, 

king purple told you to make a report, which you did, so now you have to wait. We simply can't pull your items from a magic hat and return them, so you'd have to wait for the boss on that.

Secondly, we, staff members, like the rest of the player base are allowed to have emotions, laughing being one of them. After all we're players who took on a position because we enjoy the game and we try to make it better. The "l0l" you're referring to is nothing, I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one doing it. Making a post like this won't solve your issue faster.

I "l0l"ed on your P.S's. Anyways, have a nice day.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 09/16/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator on 10/03/2018

Promoted to Forum Moderator on 11/25/2018
Promoted to Global Moderator on 1/6/2019

Promoted to Event Manager on 8/2/2019

Resigned from Event Manager on 10/25/2019

Returned as Server Moderator on 02/16/2020

Promoted to Global Moderator on 02/25/2020

Resigned from Global Moderator on 04/07/2020

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler
Spoiler

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:27 PM #5

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you for the feedback, but allow me to clear some things up:

I laughed at the fact that you were unlucky and reached a kc mark to get a marble block, I don't remember every single bug report people make, mainly because I am not in charge of the bug report section, I am not the developer.. I just foward people to it.

The fact that I can't have fun is a bit unfair, I would laugh at myself if I had a marble block and then a trident, its part of the game, I help and I am here for the vast majority of the players, or at least as much as I can possibly help/hear.

We are volunteers, we play the game like you do if me saying "LOL" really hurt you that bad, I suppose I am sorry that it came off the wrong way, my intent was not to provoke, it was just to well...show that I laughed at it lol. Once again, sorry if it rubbed ya the wrong way, I did not remember why you were grinding it.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:30 PM #6

Aritus
Ironman

Aritus
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      130d 1h 9m 33s

• Previous username:
    Arcadus

• Total level:
    Awards
Looks like someone got stepped on their toes.

But let’s get this on topic. When it comes to bug report or relative, it’s not up to the staff to solve it, but the developers, which is in this case Omicron and his brother Chad. In the worst case scenario, you could always contact Omicron by sending him a private message throughout his profile. The best thing a staff member could do is to forward it to Omicron, which I’m pretty sure they already did, regardless you are getting a response or not.

Simply by reviewing your topic you could see at the bottom who read your topic(in this case a bug report). So for the next time, you could always send them a PM and ask if they have forwarded it to Omicron or not, instead of writing a staff feedback, simply because it’s;

1. Less time consuming writing a whole feedback.
2. You would MOSTLY get a response within a few minutes.

Hopefully this will inform you enough to know it’s never their intention to handle certain stuff the wrong way, because I know in all circumstances they will handle it the right.

Have a nice day.

EDIT: Looks like you got your answer, since my mobile device is tripping a little bit, smh...

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:50 PM #7

Hardcore
Hardcore Ironman

Hardcore

• Time spent:
      15d 23h 1m 23s

• Previous username:
    Fear Nothing

• Total level:

so we made a topic because someone said "l0l" at you getting a drop....

ok.

d387e73faa7c0b498ebac23e78cb8894.png

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:02 PM #8

Mack
Veteran

Mack
Clan: Noobcord

• Time spent:
      448d 21h 10m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards

Mr. or Mrs. (I'd hate to be unprofessional and assume) @Icy Rang4

For starters, Omicron is the only member of the team that deals with bugs as I stated to you most professionally over yell. We view these so we are aware of current bugs so that in certain cases we can prevent them from happening to other players or try and help solve them if it is something we are able to. While I understand your frustration your issue is out of our hands and you'll simply need to be patient for Omicron to handle the situation. This can take time as he has a busy schedule and has to identify what causes the bug and how to fix it going forward. It's not a simple matter of just spawning items back into the game because someone reported an issue. 

Secondly, we deal with thousands of players throughout a week, we don't remember every player that has sent us a PM, posts a support ticket or a bug, let alone the specific item or boss you would have lost an item from. It's rather naive to assume that several staff members would know this and purposely troll you about it "unprofessionally" as you put it. 

Lastly, your response and attitude to the situation are both disrespectful and immature. Calling members of the staff team "facetious" for responding to a troll drop with lol is frankly laughable in and of itself. And unless they changed the definition of biased to correct recently, you have no grounds for calling me biased for simply telling the facts on the matter and sticking up for another staff member when you had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. 

Regardless, thank you for the feedback and have a nice day at work. : )

Regards,

Mack

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:26 PM #9

No CBs
Realism

No CBs

• Time spent:
      23d 2h 29m 11s

• Previous username:
    Real Try

• Total level:
    Awards

Staff getting in with the community and actually being so like us is one reason why everyone likes all the staff members here. You would not be saying the same if none of the staff ever communicated or even integrated with the community as much as Event Managers do for a start. KP is the most chill guy and puts 'l0l' at all troll drops, not just you so do not take it personal. Be grateful we have such staff members who would actually like to interact with us and join in with the banter we all give out and receive!

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on 8th December 2019.

Promoted to Server Moderator on 21st December 2019.

Resigned from Server Moderator on 2nd March 2020.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Support | Bug Report | Player Report | Appeals

Updates | Knowledge Base | Suggestions

Community Awards;

Spoiler

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:42 PM #10

Champ
Veteran

Champ

• Time spent:
      526d 17h 16m 52s

• Previous username:
    Iron Champie

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello @Icy Rang4 

Figured I'd say a few words since this happened to me as well.

When I was on the team I tested a bug with our former Event Manager Hellish in the Theatre of Blood. Due to several bugs in the Theatre of Blood at that current moment I lost some of my items on my Ironman which Hellish reported to the owner Omicron. Even though I was on the staff team it still took a day or two to restore my items because as Mack said, Omicron has to verify the issue/bug and make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. Even though the items could be spawned back onto your account in a matter of seconds, this would not fix the issue/bug that occurred.  Believe me when I say that me and the staff team have our differences and I do not agree with everything they do / did in the past, but I've never seen Mack or king purple handle a "case" in an unprofessional way. They are two of the best Administrators Alora has ever had and I can confidently say that as I've worked alongside both of them.

I'd say you should be thankful that Omicron and the staff team actually takes the time to look into these issues and make sure they don't happen to anyone else on the server. Also, if your items were lost due to a bug, you'll get them refunded don't worry.

I hope everything works out, have a nice day.

Regards,

Iron Champie.

champtransparent.gif
Signature made by the wonderful Sunnii

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:00 PM #11

MADASFUK
Super Donator

MADASFUK
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      55d 6h 29m 8s

• Total level:
    Awards

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAH

AH

AHJAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That's good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:13 PM #12

Gp
Veteran

Gp
Clan: Callidus

• Time spent:
      56d 15h 10m 19s

• Previous username:
    UIM Gp

• Total level:
    Awards

I think one word replies to posts are often counted as spam - but I think I'll take a risk on this as a one word reply would be so fitting....

"l0l"

But in all serious I'm sure your feedback will effect how the staff team handle these serious issues in the future and I have full confidence that they will "grow from this" - as you so eloquently put.

I am very pleased to read that you're "not calling for any ramifications against anyone" because if I was King Purple i would be quaking in my boots if you were thinking of such a thing!

Glad we, as a community, are able to give insightful feedback to the staff team to keep them in check on matters just like yours!

Gl grinding for your items back! :)

• KP likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:06 AM #13

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I’m certain that the “l0l” was not said in an attempt to troll you or personally attack you. Yell usually laughs at drops like what you got, which I’d say is more of a tradition, in my opinion. I am sorry to hear that you felt offended, but as what my fellow peers have stated, only Omicron can handle bug reports so that other players do not get affected by said bugs, especially those that make you lose items in the process. Surely Omicron will look your case, and once he can verify the bug and fix it, as well as verify the items you lost at that exact timeframe, there will be no issue giving you back the items you lost due to the bug.

Once again, I am sorry to hear you were affected by this bug, and I hope this gets resolved soon. The staff team do care a lot about the players, and we do our best to help out and serve up smiles. :)
  • KP likes this

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 14 September 2019 - 12:17 PM #14

Icy Rang4
Classic

Icy Rang4

• Time spent:
      1d 18h 39m 42s

• Total level:

I guess I didnt add the full context:

*Gets Marble Block*

KP: L0l

Me: Would be a lot less funny if the staff would do something about my report

KP: Someone's upset @Icy

Me: Yeah because a staff member is being facetious with me over getting a troll drop @ a boss i shouldn't have to be grinding a second time

And then it proceeded to go into a back in fourth of Mack and KP telling me to calm down and let them joke around harmlessly, and myself and others responding with the fact that it was never about the "l0l" drop, it was the whole interaction. But to @MCMUFFIN177 's point, I felt better after a day's work and a night's rest, and see now how this may have been a tad unnecessary.

Do I think the staff is unprofessional? No. Do I think they are never in the wrong? No because in a rare situation where im getting trolled while im trying to recover items lost to a bug, it is a little out of place for the admins to chirp. @king purple you are a fine staff member, thanks for your efforts.

• Gp and KP like this

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:57 AM #15

Theatric
Ironman

Theatric
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 17m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello @Icy Rang4

I understand that you may be upset about losing your items and rightfully so. However, you have made your bug report and as mentioned before, only Omicron deals with these reports. Until it has been dealt with, and the loss of your items has been appropriately handled, you cannot complain and are in no position to argue whether or not you're being neglected by the staff team. You must understand that the Alora staff team are all unpaid volunteers who primarily seek to support and uphold the integrity of the game itself. They are in no way responsible for you losing your items, and it is a privilege that you will even have the opportunity to get your items back. With this in mind, I think this topic seems very inappropriate. During my relatively short time as a staff member, I witnessed first hand the care and respect that the staff team have for Alora, and although things may not be 100% perfect and how we like it, they ALWAYS seek to improve and uphold a great experience for the community when playing the server. I understand you may be offended or annoyed at the comments that King Purple made towards you once you received the marble block, and I do see where you're coming from, however this reaction was not necessary. In regards to the comments made about Mack, we all know he can be sarcastic and can mess around with people from time to time, it's just the way he is. He and the other members have all been appointed their respective positions in the staff team for good reason, and they would all not be in the positions that they are in for a reason. I'm glad to see that from your recent replies to this topic that you are realising that maybe this wasn't the best course of action, which is good. But this really shouldn't have to happen again, especially not over a light hearted joke.

I hope you get your lost item situation solved appropriately and swiftly, good luck.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on August 31st, 2019.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 110 user(s)