7 replies to this topic

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:27 PM #1

Slov
Realism

Slov

• Time spent:
      3d 7h 29m 59s

• Total level:

Aerial fishing is such a great activity in the game but it's just not worth doing. The rewards for the pearls are set at a ridiculously high value. 1,000 pearls for a fish sack? Alright Alry, put down the pipe.

It would be great if the rewards in-game would better reflect the drop chances for the pearls. The intensity of the activity (picking up worms, clicking moving tiles, dropping fish) far outweighs the time needed to unlock everything. Especially considering that we don't have the fishing trawler minigame to unlock the Angler Outfit.

PROS

Hunter and Fishing EXP gained for doing the activity (not massive gains but sufficient if there was an attainable end goal)
It's somewhat fun
Chillin on an island is dope

CONS

The rewards are seriously over priced, not even by a little
Click intensive
Can't cook the fish for cooking exp

slov.png

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:35 PM #2

mochiii

Ironman

mochiii

• Time spent:
      108d 18h 44m 50s

• Previous username:
    HC Ashley

• Total level:
    Awards

So this minigame has always been a point of conversation in terms of pearls, xp, etc...

As for some one who has collected enough pearls for the full outfit + pearl barbarian rod i can definitely say it was never a easy process. I definitely didn't do it for the xp gained during the minigame but for the rewards. I don't think i would have gotten through with it if i didn't watch countless movies during this tedious process.

Can't cook the fish for cooking exp

If you use a knife on the fish u catch u gain cooking xp and more fishing bait, don't need to keep picking up king worms.

I know this minigame has gotten buffed once in the past due to request/complaints, but even then i still think the process of obtaining enough pearls for the reward goal is far too slow. I personally don't have much input or ideas of how to improve but this is what ive gathered from my time there.

vZLNpbY.png

Promoted to Server Support - 5/15/2021

Promoted to Server Moderator - 6/13/2021

Demoted from Server Moderator - 10/9/2021

Community Awards

Spoiler

Screenies

Spoiler

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:17 AM #3

Slov
Realism

Slov

• Time spent:
      3d 7h 29m 59s

• Total level:

So this minigame has always been a point of conversation in terms of pearls, xp, etc...

As for some one who has collected enough pearls for the full outfit + pearl barbarian rod i can definitely say it was never a easy process. I definitely didn't do it for the xp gained during the minigame but for the rewards. I don't think i would have gotten through with it if i didn't watch countless movies during this tedious process.

If you use a knife on the fish u catch u gain cooking xp and more fishing bait, don't need to keep picking up king worms.

I know this minigame has gotten buffed once in the past due to request/complaints, but even then i still think the process of obtaining enough pearls for the reward goal is far too slow. I personally don't have much input or ideas of how to improve but this is what ive gathered from my time there.

Oh OK, that tip about the fish and cooking exp somewhat sweetens the pot. I can justify spending the time here for 3 skills levelling but it's still extremely slow and heavily RNG based compared to something like Motherlode which has somewhat of an average.

I'm not sure what to suggest for changes either since I only have experience on one game mode so I don't know how changes would effect others, but regardless, it's a slow process 100%.

Angler hat - 50
Angler Top - 60
Angler Legs - 45
Angler Boots - 30

Pearl Fishing Rod - 50
Pearl Fly Fishing Rod - 75
Pearl Barbarian Rod - 100

Fish Sack - 400

Possible change to the pearl amounts - rewards.

slov.png

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:06 AM #4

Frag Nite
Legendary Donator

Frag Nite

• Time spent:
      5d 32m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards
They should change the pearl rate or change the amount needed for a piece, if not idk if its worth getting anything from there

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:07 AM #5

Shazadeh
Ultimate Ironman

Shazadeh
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      20d 15h 45m 9s

• Total level:
    Awards

I support a buff as it is far too tedious at the moment :/

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:04 AM #6

Sagacious
Veteran

Sagacious
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      53d 21h 1m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support! It takes forever to collect enough pearls for the rewards at current prices/rate for the pearls. Either change the rate to get the pearls or change the amount needed for the rewards.

Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:08 PM #7

Ziaw
Classic

Ziaw
Clan: None

• Time spent:
      2d 6h 35m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

Aeriel fishing is one of those minigame that is incredibly grindy in OSRS and it takes forever to finish the log and it feels like alora copy pasted it from osrs. An increased rate of molch pearls would make this minigame a lot more tolerable and I would appreciate it to work on the collection log for it without spending 50+ hours to complete it. 

Posted 12 February 2021 - 03:00 PM #8

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 16h 58m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is a fair suggestion. I'll reduce the price of all items in the shop by 50%.

Your suggestion has been accepted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 74 user(s)