Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:04 PM #1

Doctor Satan
Hardcore Group Ironman

Doctor Satan
Clan: Lost And The Damned

• Time spent:
      5h 55m 43s

• Total level:

What is your suggestion?:To match hcgim deaths at gauntlet with normal hardcores(SAFE DEATHS FOR HCGIM)

Is this in OSRS?:Yes

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:no

How would this benefit Alora?: It would be benfit alora by setting the bar at the same level as other hardcores

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:12 PM #2

Ohaidere
Ironman

Ohaidere

• Time spent:
      14m 50s

• Total level:

Yes. Personally, in OSRS and the couple servers that I've tried, I always play as a Hardcore or some version of one. The reason why is for challenging myself and my abilities. Plus, I like having the finality of death. A GAME OVER if you will. So, if I die on a Hardcore, no matter the reason (including getting pked cause I spend too much time in the Wilderness haha) I don't log back into that account. Anyway, I personally feel that some things that are labeled as safe deaths, when they are UNSAFE deaths in OSRS, takes some of the challenge and fun out of being a Hardcore iron. 

*shrugs* This is my opinion. -sorry for the small rant-

I'd like to delete this post because I was dumb, but I'll leave it here. I agree with Nurse Lilith as well. I'm new okay, don't hate me.

Edited by Ohaidere, 13 April 2023 - 05:22 PM.

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:19 PM #3

Nurse Lilith
Hardcore Group Ironman

Nurse Lilith

• Time spent:
      2h 29m

• Total level:

If its safe for hcim it should be safe for hcgim despite having multiple lives not everyone has 5 buddies to get 5 lives plus i chose to do group for the less xp challenge and play with a friend despite i think the xp thing was kinda odd but different rant lol a hardcore goes in with their 1 life and gets infinite lives and i only get a total of 5 max(which i dont even have 5)

Posted 13 April 2023 - 05:24 PM #4

A BJ
Veteran

A BJ
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      30d 18h 30m 15s

• Previous username:
    Eimscout2444

• Total level:
    Awards

No support all these years @ Smiv has had to endure the abuse of his HC ironmen dying. I don't think we should change now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 April 2023 - 09:35 PM #5

Tbow Loc
Veteran

Tbow Loc

• Time spent:
      49d 20h 53m 18s

• Previous username:
    Tae Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Does gauntlet not count as a death for group hardcores? Your suggestion is very vague and I'm having trouble trying to grasp what your suggestion is

Posted Image

Posted 13 April 2023 - 11:19 PM #6

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      65d 18h 19m 46s

• Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

• Total level:
    Awards

For normal hardcore I'm going to say no. It's been in the game safe for way too long it would be unfair to new hcims that have to grind it where old hcims were able to grind safe

Now that i reread your suggestion i dont understand what you want. Not safe for hcim or safe for hcgim??

Either way if its one of those to i dont support..

Hcim for the reason i stated above, and hcgim because that game mode released with the intentions of EVERYTHING being unsafe

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 14 April 2023 - 05:55 AM #7

It Happened
Veteran

It Happened
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      31d 23h 53m 24s

• Previous username:
    Gonna Dc

• Total level:
    Awards

dont really understand what you want, but if saying hcim should be unsafe then I disagree but only because people (including myself) have got to grind it without worrying about death so it wouldn't be fair for the new HC's

as for HCGIM, from the release of the mode its been like that so doubt he will change anyways

Posted Image

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:11 AM #8

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

If HCIM was just being released, of course I would support, but since it came out long ago, it wouldn't be fair. I don't think this is a good idea. It was a mistake making it a safe death on launch though.

• Ivy likes this

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:32 AM #9

Ultra Ball
Group Ironman

Ultra Ball

• Time spent:
      8d 2h 50m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think you need to clarify what you mean because it is not safe for HCGIM and is safe for HCIM. Regardless though it should be unsafe for both game modes. Make hardcore actually hardcore, same with ToB. It's not consistent. 

Posted Image

Posted 14 April 2023 - 10:26 AM #10

To gain

Administrator

To gain

• Time spent:
      560d 4h 10m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's to late to make this change, since every single reg hcim that has played and still play, did certain content already with safe deaths, if it were to become unsafe deaths now it would give those hcim an unfair adventage.

That is why it was done with the release of hcgim, since it was a completely new mode and a fresh playing field.

You knew what you signed up for when you started a hcgim (btw you can just create a few alts and give yourself more lives if you really wanted to).

No support to change any death mechanic wether its making things safe or unsafe, for either mode.

Posted Image

Posted 14 April 2023 - 02:38 PM #11

Dozer
Group Ironman

Dozer

• Time spent:
      8d 22h 18m 16s

• Previous username:
    Broganz

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm suprised gauntlet, cox and tob are safe. I imagine toa is too, I think hc is a matter of if you can pay attention to your client or not on here. 

Posted 15 April 2023 - 07:47 PM #12

Tamby
Super Donator

Tamby

• Time spent:
      7d 9h 46m 14s

• Previous username:
    HCIM Tamber

• Total level:
    Awards
Are you suggesting to make gauntlet safe for HCGIM? Or dangerous for HCIM?

Regardless I wouldn’t support either. I think it’s fine how it is. Who the heck is dying in gauntlet anyway?

The only compromise I see that’s reasonable is having 1 safe death per day for both game modes (unlocked with diary?). Any death after that would result in a loss of status/team life.

Posted 15 April 2023 - 09:30 PM #13

Doctor Satan
Hardcore Group Ironman

Doctor Satan
Clan: Lost And The Damned

• Time spent:
      5h 55m 43s

• Total level:

Does gauntlet not count as a death for group hardcores? Your suggestion is very vague and I'm having trouble trying to grasp what your suggestion is

Look at Nurse Lilith's post its what she said perfectly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 72 user(s)