Photo

Drop rates - Raids are not worth it now!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:13 PM #1

Skiezo
Donator

Skiezo

• Time spent:
      12d 21h 18m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

Making this thread mainly to get more attention from @ Omicron ( I know there are more threads, I'm aware of that)

Raids are really not worth it currently. Omicron you have spend a lot of hours to do this for us, please let it not die like that. Usually there were really easy to make 7man teams, now we're forced to go into mass cc's. The drop rates are really really low right now.

With all the respect in the world, I don't wanna do raids with players that wear gold gloves, I wanna have fun doing it with people that know what they're doing.

I haven't been doing else yet since Raids came out, I love doing it so much.. and you have done not only a great but a fantastic job on that content. Remember the hype? Let's do this for the community.

Youtube channel: SkiezoAlora

Posted Image

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:55 PM #2

Gigabyte
User

Gigabyte

• Time spent:
      12d 14h 19m 46s

• Total level:

Making this thread mainly to get more attention from @ Omicron ( I know there are more threads, I'm aware of that)

Raids are really not worth it currently. Omicron you have spend a lot of hours to do this for us, please let it not die like that. Usually there were really easy to make 7man teams, now we're forced to go into mass cc's. The drop rates are really really low right now.

With all the respect in the world, I don't wanna do raids with players that wear gold gloves, I wanna have fun doing it with people that know what they're doing.

I haven't been doing else yet since Raids came out, I love doing it so much.. and you have done not only a great but a fantastic job on that content. Remember the hype? Let's do this for the community.

No it's not that low. People are still getting drops. I don't want everyone getting a twisted bow. It is fine as it is.

No support. 

Posted Image

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:56 PM #3

Poor Level 3
User

Poor Level 3
Clan: Help / Alora

• Time spent:
      29d 6h 37m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Drop rates definitely need buffed, and it's rather difficult to find a team now due to leechers and people simply are not doing raids because of how low the drop rates are..

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:04 PM #4

Gigabyte
User

Gigabyte

• Time spent:
      12d 14h 19m 46s

• Total level:

Drop rates definitely need buffed, and it's rather difficult to find a team now due to leechers and people simply are not doing raids because of how low the drop rates are..

That's the problem within the community itself, not the drop rate. People have gone 100 raids dry on the live server. 

Posted Image

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:05 PM #5

Poor Level 3
User

Poor Level 3
Clan: Help / Alora

• Time spent:
      29d 6h 37m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

That's the problem within the community itself, not the drop rate. People have gone 100 raids dry on the live server. 

Yeah.. So drops need increased.. lol

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:07 PM #6

Gigabyte
User

Gigabyte

• Time spent:
      12d 14h 19m 46s

• Total level:

Yeah.. So drops need increased.. lol

Your logic is extremely flawed. Because there's not a lot of people doing raids, the drop rate needs to be increased?...

Posted Image

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:41 PM #7

Slayer Task
Extreme Donator

Slayer Task

• Time spent:
      5d 4h 59m 14s

• Total level:

Yes, they should be increased. Regardless, it takes 17-25 minutes for a fast vs. average leveled/knowledgeable/geared group. I've only done 4 myself but I think the drop should be increased. I've yet to see "X has received Y as a Raids Reward" in about 2 days. Maybe I haven't seen it announced, but I do usually play close attention to yells.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:37 PM #8

Hauses
User

Hauses

• Time spent:
      4d 11h 43m 16s

• Total level:

@ Skiezo didn't even read but i got a quesiton, how to get prayer scroll then ?

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:41 PM #9

Ruthless
User

Ruthless
Clan: SNIPERGANG MAAANNNN

• Time spent:
      17d 19h 52m 40s

• Total level:

Not worth doing raids, spend 20+ hours for nothing lmao its not fun when you arent being rewarded.

unknown.png

Buying brews/restores for the storage

PM me

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:42 PM #10

Skiezo
Donator

Skiezo

• Time spent:
      12d 21h 18m 32s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Skiezo didn't even read but i got a quesiton, how to get prayer scroll then ?

Eh what is your question exactly, how I got a prayer scroll? or where you obtain it from?

Prayer scroll is a Raids Reward, and yes I did get a Prayer Scroll. I do still think loots should be buffed by a bit, because you do play 20-25 minutes every game, divide that by 66 currently right now, that's a lot of wasted time.

Youtube channel: SkiezoAlora

Posted Image

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:48 PM #11

Xhejm
Donator

Xhejm
Clan: The Next Gen

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 49m 54s

• Total level:
Nah man, your rng is really pitiful today, that's all. But don't worry, you'll get something good.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:41 PM #12

Slayer Task
Extreme Donator

Slayer Task

• Time spent:
      5d 4h 59m 14s

• Total level:

Nah man, your rng is really pitiful today, that's all. But don't worry, you'll get something good.

Simply just not the case. There hasn't been a buckler, pet, bow, prayer scroll, claws, or anything besides the maybe 1 Harpoon and 1 Sword that have entered the game in days.

There was a nerf to raid drop rates --> but most people believe it was nerfed too hard.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:46 PM #13

Xhejm
Donator

Xhejm

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 49m 54s

• Total level:

Simply just not the case. There hasn't been a buckler, pet, bow, prayer scroll, claws, or anything besides the maybe 1 Harpoon and 1 Sword that have entered the game in days.

There was a nerf to raid drop rates --> but most people believe it was nerfed too hard.

Also, most of the teams are getting dragon harpoon and prayer scroll drops. They seem to be more common.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:49 PM #14

Slayer Task
Extreme Donator

Slayer Task

• Time spent:
      5d 4h 59m 14s

• Total level:

Also, most of the teams are getting dragon harpoon and prayer scroll drops. They seem to be more common.

I believe they just need to reduce how common Twisted Bow/more expensive drops are. On day one there was a LOT of drops, too many tbh. But now it feels impossible to get any. And unfortunately, because of how little they are being given out via Raid chest, many people have swapped from raiding back to bossing the available bosses that were already in the game before this last patch update.

Simple point short, it's far more profitable to farm Zulrah, Armadyl or Kraken than it is to do 2-3 Raids/hr and get little to no return. Similar to Corporeal Beast --> you might go there for the occasional kill, or raid or two, but you're not going to farm it day in and day out for hours. I believe there's only 3 Elysians in game? And server has been on for three months.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:52 PM #15

Xhejm
Donator

Xhejm

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 49m 54s

• Total level:

I believe they just need to reduce how common Twisted Bow/more expensive drops are. On day one there was a LOT of drops, too many tbh. But now it feels impossible to get any. And unfortunately, because of how little they are being given out via Raid chest, many people have swapped from raiding back to bossing the available bosses that were already in the game before this last patch update.

Simple point short, it's far more profitable to farm Zulrah, Armadyl or Kraken than it is to do 2-3 Raids/hr and get little to no return. Similar to Corporeal Beast --> you might go there for the occasional kill, or raid or two, but you're not going to farm it day in and day out for hours. I believe there's only 3 Elysians in game? And server has been on for three months.

I agree, but don't you think the rate of getting a super rare item, when farming Zulrah, Armadyll, and Kraken is the same rate as getting a super rare item in Raids?

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:57 PM #16

Slayer Task
Extreme Donator

Slayer Task

• Time spent:
      5d 4h 59m 14s

• Total level:

I agree, but don't you think the rate of getting a super rare item, when farming Zulrah, Armadyll, and Kraken is the same rate as getting a super rare item in Raids?

Somewhat, maybe percentage wise. But truth be told, you can farm probably 40-50 Zulrah's in an hour, maybe more if you hit super hard. You can loot the raid chest average of twice with a max of three times per hour. So whether the chance to get a drop is similar or the same - you have a higher chance of getting something from Zulrah, Armadyl/other bosses because you can get far much more KC/PH - giving you more opportunities to receive something from their drop table.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:05 PM #17

Xhejm
Donator

Xhejm

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 49m 54s

• Total level:

Somewhat, maybe percentage wise. But truth be told, you can farm probably 40-50 Zulrah's in an hour, maybe more if you hit super hard. You can loot the raid chest average of twice with a max of three times per hour. So whether the chance to get a drop is similar or the same - you have a higher chance of getting something from Zulrah, Armadyl/other bosses because you can get far much more KC/PH - giving you more opportunities to receive something from their drop table.

Very good. Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thence why more people are doing bossing/slayer than they are doing raids. Last question, I was talking to one of the staff members about this, and I asked him, "Will your chances of getting a rare item increase, if you have more points in Raids?" He told me that it didn't matter, what's so ever and that the loot reward rate is based on the player's rng. But, what do you think? I'd like your opinion, since you've been doing raids for quite a long while, and probably not just in Alora, but in osrs as well. I'm assuming.

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:01 AM #18

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

If drop-rates remain as they are now, wouldn't the price of the items trend upwards over time, making the raids increasingly more worth doing?

I think the only reason you think raids loot is bad is because the items aren't worth as much as they would have been without the influence of the broken drop-rate at raids launch and the donation store having the items available before release.

Not saying im against a drop-rate increase, as it would just same me time as an ironman and have little impact other than that, i just think people getting annoyed at not getting loot after 100 raids is kind of hilarious

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:23 AM #19

uTorrent
Super Donator

uTorrent

• Time spent:
      164d 17h 18m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been accepted.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 30 user(s)