Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello,

Down below you will find a list of a few small suggestions & glitches that I have came up with/found throughout the past few days. Now it's apparent to me that a few of my in-game/bug suggestions could potentially correlate with other topics and similar suggestions that have already been posted throughout the forums. If this is the case, I'd like to apologise in advance as I'm currently unaware as to what has/hasn't been suggested from the list of ideas I have, which I will now share. (I will be going in chronicle order from most important to least important)

q9WiA6H.png

- Adding the particle effects to max cape

Giving the max cape a particle effect can be beneficial in so many ways. For example, this will create a money sink hole where players will have to pay a certain amount of GP to be able to purchase and apply the particle effect option to any max cape of their liking. Not only will this help the Economy by creating a new option for players to spend money elsewhere (mostly known as a money sink) this will also give the cape a new & reformed look. 

Spoiler

- Adding loyalty/donator titles

Having in-game titles gives an incentive or more of a reasoning for players such like myself to do what ever is needed to obtain the desired title you wish to have. There is two sides to this suggestion; 

1a) loyalty titles

Personally at this very moment, for me the rewards that can be purchased with Loyalty points aren't that great. I'm aware that loyalty points can be obtained pretty easily by just simply being logged into Alora, how ever it would be fantastic to be able to have an option to spend those points elsewhere, for example on a range of titles provided by the Loyalty reward system. Here is a screen-shot that will give more of an understanding in regards to what titles we could possible implement into Alora.

Spoiler

1b) Donator titles

Very similar to the first point stated above (1a) how-ever obviously donator tags can only be purchased if you possess the necessary donator rank required. Simply do this by adding an option to the donation's manager where it will display a list of donator tags that can be purchased with in-game currency. This suggestion will also create a money hole which we all know can be significantly beneficial in the long run. Down below is a screen-shot simply providing an example as to exactly what donator tags look like displayed next to player's names. If this it to implemented, clearly the donator tag colour will correlate with our user-group colours.

Spoiler

- Slayer shop rewards

Recently I have been directing a lot of my time and focus in to the Slayer side of Alora, per say. It has came to my attention that the current items, that can be bought from the slayer shop need to be drastically reworked. Let me explain why. Throughout the shop there are items that cost a shit ton of points how ever the net value to the certain item(s) is lower than items that cost less but sell for a higher price if you understand where I'm coming from. For example;

Amulet of the Damned: Price = 10,000 slayer points

Current net-worth: 10-20m

Imbuement scroll: Price = 7,500 slayer points

Current net-worth: 42-50m

Evidence (Amulet of damned)

Spoiler

Evidence (Imbuement scroll)

Spoiler

- Allow user-group icons (Iron man, Hard core iron man, Donator, Extreme, Super, Legendary, Uber, Master, & YouTube) to be be displayed in PM. Currently only staff icons will show in private messages. 

- The following pet rates should be increased as their rates are way too low and need to be adjusted slightly higher due to how common they are. It's great to have certain pets with low rates how-ever pets are something that should be looked upon as a milestone. I've seen countless and countless of people receive these pets (stated down below) in a matter of minutes. Even though it's based of luck and rates, which I understand, I'm still content that the odds are far too low. Please buff.

• Heron
  • Beaver
  • Rock Golem 

- Bring back the old magic altar that was used for switching spell books. I'm unsure as to why Omicorn has replaced the altar with a pole that just lays on the ground, but if there was a specific reason as to why this was changed; please avoid this suggestion. I did a quick search through the latest batch of updates posted by Omi but unfortunately could not find any information as to why this was changed.

- When having full Graceful equipped, it would be a fantastic idea for it to provide an additional 25% chance of receiving Garceful marks after completing a rooftop lap. As you're aware not all circuits/laps provide marks but with this 25% boost it will give more of a hope to successfully be rewarded with marks every lap encountered for. 

- Adjust the maximum allowed number of members in clan-chats from 200-400, at times players will find the Alora main clan chat to be full.

That concludes my in-game suggestions. I know some of my points or ideas may be shitty but hey, we're all entitled to our own opinion and in the end of the day what I have stated up above I solely believe each and every suggestion could become very beneficial in many different aspects. 

Moving on to the list of forum suggestions... :ph34r:

k4pKwap.png

- Updating the current user-group PiPs

Now I'm unsure as to how management or administration for that matter, would feel about about change, but the current user-group post bars look like they are in need of a possible makeover. They look roughly designed if I may be brutally honest. I have a list of talented GFX artist(s) who would be more than happy to create a  new fresh revived batch of colourful, eye catching user bars. Here are a few showcases/examples of a potential GFX artist that we can and must utilise to our expense.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

- "Member of the month" award

I believe this will serve as a great forum incentive & will give forum users such like myself, more of a reason to become throughly active throughout the forums in hoping to be nominated for MOTM. Also this could create a new forum's award given the circumstances that this already isn't a thing. Nominees should be chosen based off how much they have contributed to the forums. Ranging from; (bearing in mind these are just my views as to what quality's a potential candidate should have)

• Lending a helping hand to players who seek assistance (for example assisting through out the support section and answering any general questions that need attending too) 
  • Being generally interactive within the community
  • Giving well constructed feedback when necessary

Down below I have provided an example of what the MOTM plugin looks like. Most of you will already know what this looks like but eh thought I might as well throw in a screenie. 

Spoiler

- When trying to @ members on threads, sometimes it will tag the user incorrectly. For example;

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

- The current "Alora" text that is displayed vertically above the chat-box redirects to the lading page. It would be handy if the url link could be linked to the forums, instead of it being the home-page. Only reason why I ask is because when I want to refresh the forums, instead of having to press the refresh button or f5 I'd be much quicker to click the text as mentioned above.

- Would love to see a few more sub headings added to the nav-bar. Such as the link to the where the server/forum rules can be found and as well as the staff team thread. I feel like there could be a few more important headings that could be added but for now that's all I can come up with.

- IPB provides a plugin where user groups can be displayed in the shout-box when you @mention a user. This would be a nice feature to have as it brings more colour to the forums. 

- When going AFK on the forum's for longer than 5 minutes your profile will be switched offline I think, if this is the case please adjust the timer by at least 10 minutes.

fBzt59o.png

- Currently you are unable to access the rune ore that is placed in the far left corner of the mining spot located in the Donator Zone due to it being blocked off by the other rune ores. 

- When trying to loot items in the wilderness after killing a player, sometimes the interface will glitch out & the "examine" option will block most of the items which makes it quite difficult to loot items. Especially when you're trying to be quick.

Example:

Spoiler

- When achieving 99 hunter it's not announced in the yell chat. Nor does it state that you have reached 99 hunter in the "Game activity" log displayed on user profiles.

- Once setting place holders every time you happen to log out, the items that you have set for place holders will reset upon logging out, which means every time you go to withdraw an item the place holder will no longer exist. 

Well that brings my suggestions to an end. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank-you. (:

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:07 AM #2

ClassicMax
User

ClassicMax

• Time spent:
      23d 21h 29m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey, not sure if you're aware but thats a comp cape ;) but i like the max cape looks as it is atm, putting a glow/effect on something just to give it a money sink wouldn't seem right.

The loyal point was suggested here http://www.alora.io/.../23594-loyalty/ and declined; I'm all for revamping the shop on items, but i'm not sold on titles, but that's just me.

As to why the altar was removed, I'm going to go with since you can build it in your house for construction now, so gives incentives to buy the items needed and train your skill up. << apparently it's not a pole so idk what u meant by it :P

I don't really have issues with any other suggestions on this list, see what everyone else thinks ^^

BfzhClO.gif

AReaUae.png

xdwVHBG.pngzZrpyKr.png

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:27 AM #3

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hi Dylain, great thread you have here. I'm gonna reply as simply as possible so don't take my feedback personal. :P

Max cape particles:

• Putting particles on a Max cape doesn't suit Alora
  • You listed a Comp Cape but I see your point
  • Particles would look custom-y
    • I'm not opposed to particles

Loyalty titles:

• This has been suggested and declined as mentioned by ClassicMax
  • I don't like the idea of titles to be honest
  • Imagine right-clicking and seeing this:
    • Np2i2Eo.png
    • It will look ridiculous like the one above and this is a shorter title

Donator titles:

• I'd much rather see the $$$$$$ icons when you right-click a player (other ranks as well)
  • If anything, I feel like icons are more suitable and less custom-y/bulky

Slayer Shop rewards:

• I completely agree with these price fix suggestions
    • Slayer Shop in general + extra features need looked into

Pet Rates:

• I'm content with the pet rates but I support this anyway
  • Increases incentive to skill

Altar:

Graceful:

• Support; I like the idea of a +25% boost for marks while the set is equipped (any color?)

Clan Chat:

• Aside from Alora, there is also Help clan chats
  • If I didn't know about Alora, I think it's safe to say players will join Help and it's hardly ever full

------------------------

Forum Pips:

• I like that the current images are simply and not bulky
  • I would like to see something elegant but post-friendly
  • Current images are unaligned and have grammatical errors, such as:
    • Adminstrator -> Administrator
    • Donator has empty space on either side
    • UBER looks like shit (let's be honest)
  • Could definitely use an update

MOTM Award:

• Hell yes! 

@Mentions:

• I've noticed this issue myself - Support

Alora Forum Refresh:

• Rather than pressing F5, click on the 'Forums' link in the navigation bar

Sub Headings:

• Unnecessary
  • I feel as if spoon feeding everyone would make forum less active than it already is (sad, I know)

Don't take this personally. This is what I noticed/feel.

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:36 AM #4

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

The only things that stick out to me that haven't been suggested or just need to be brought up again were the graceful set giving 25% more marks, which i fully support.

I like the forums suggestions and the MOTM was in talks, and I hope it does come around cuz that would be pretty cool to see :)

As for the bugs you have a better chance of them being fixed if you report them under their proper section.

Overall very detailed post which is really nice :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:10 PM #5

Chance
Donator

Chance
Clan: Boop

• Time spent:
      78d 12h 39m 37s

• Total level:
    Awards

Only going to do some...could of posted earlier on in the day but didn't have time. : /

• What Wreckage said, if was ever implemented into the game I'll rather much see donator signs as $ instead of a actual title.
  • Don't know what you mean by the altar being on the ground? It's still perfectly fine where it started?
  • MOTM on forums has been already suggested / talked about.
  • The user groups imo, yeah they could be better but there fine. The one's you showed us pictures of I wouldn't even want to have as they don't look that good to be blankly honest. (I know there examples)
  • A 25% boost to provide marks when finishing a rooftop lap, when having full graceful equipped eh. Not needed could be a cool benefit to have but OSRS doesn't have it and it doesn't really need to be added imo. Also the laps don't really take that long too.

Those are the only one's I wanted to talk about and other's have already said some others and I don't need to repeat those. :P

qYbeEEa.png

| My Profile | My Hiscores | Vote | Knowledge Base |

| Player Report | Bug Report | Support | Appeals | Updates |

| Price Guide |

| Bonus Skill Schedule |

| I carry's EIM Duo Thread |

Past Signatures!

Spoiler

Only Accounts:

Chance - Main

Wisteria - Classic Mode

I carry him - Elite Ironman

Endless spoilers

Spoiler

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:46 PM #6

Jmich96
Super Donator

Jmich96

• Time spent:
      2d 1h 19m 51s

• Total level:
I fully support every in game suggestion! I've built up over 33 days of gameplay in Alora. With that, more loyalty points than anyone could ever use. These would be GREAT ways to overall improve the server but also improve player incentive!

As for the slayer shop, it's much like the PKP shop; the items point values are inconsistent with their selling value. I made a suggestion in the past, but it was mostly ignored. I fully believe fixes should be made for the Slayer shop and the PKP shop, so items are actually consistent with their value and so the shops serve a genuine purpose.

Support!

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:51 PM #7

Meaningless
User

Meaningless

• Time spent:
      5d 3h 29m 35s

• Total level:

Agree with everything except titles. I think the icons are nice enough. Possibly put the icon in the right click menu? I think that's a happy medium.

4vqGynD.png

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:45 PM #8

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

Some of the things you suggestions have been accepted.

Your suggestion has been accepted.

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)