Jump to content


Photo

Add one or two Sailing-related items to the Vote Shop



  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Posted 20 September 2026 - 12:34 PM #21

Eby

Uber Donator

Eby
Posts: 75
Likes: 33


  •  Member since:
    23 Mar 2025

    • Time spent:
      6d 19h 43m 51s

  •  Previous username:
    BurntWine

  •  Total level:
    2,376
    Awards

  •  9 bugs found

love the feedback man.  Only reason I say "ew" for votebook shop, is because then.. it literally cancels out the grind for any ironman who has a normal acc and gambles... Coming from 1 person who legit does not play that style, i'd fall really behind vs other "ironmen" who just... used votebooks on their iron from normal. 

I understand you but You're also A UIM, Scaredy Catt, that believes that "vote books should not be xferable to ironmen". I don't think most UIMs views represent the broader cohort of OSRS players. I already asked, while we salvaged together, what would happen to new player counts if Alora's voting dropped 10x due to vote books becoming non-xferable? The answer was uncomfortable for both of us. What I'm afraid of, is us all losing everything we've built here. If Alora dies, we all lose all of our achievements, wealth, and levels we've built here. Everything except the memories.  It's easy to take for granted Alora's longevity but that's rare in the RSPS world. Most are like a leagues temporary game mode in longevity.  My goals are: 1) to increase voting to rank us higher on the voting website leaderboards and 2) perhaps increase the wealth transfer from wealthy veterans to newbies so that they stay longer.  This keeps the game and the game's community, healthy.

I believe Sailing is still the best vehicle for this, especially since Alora is #1 for it. There's a lot of marketing potential behind it. Adding the Sailing cosmetic boxes from the ::store to the vote shop would've been great there too but I'll admit, I wasn't able to get much for the Sailing boxes I sold so I don't think that alone would be enough. 



Posted 22 September 2026 - 10:51 PM #22

GIM Eby

Uber Donator

GIM Eby
Posts: 36
Likes: 4


  •  Member since:
    02 Jun 2025

    • Time spent:
      4d 2h 49m 53s

  •  Total level:
    2,324
    Awards

  •  11 bugs found

What do you think of the idea of adding the Potion Storage bank enhancement from Mastering Mixology to the Vote Shop? That would both temporarily satisfy the bank space problem and fill the shop with something valuable. It would also take the smallest amount of dev time to add to the shop because the item already exists in game. I haven't used it yet myself but rumors online say it frees up 70-100 slots. Every dose of every potion no longer takes up any bank slots with it. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


This topic has been visited by 66 user(s)