Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards

MF22izk.png

Hi guys and welcome to the latest edition of the Alora Newspaper. We currently have a thread open as to how we can improve the Alora Newspaper as well as to how frequent everyone would like it. You can find that here!

XOAznLX.png

The update that came on 03/04/17 was another big one! The following were added;

Wilderness update:

ll multi-zones have been corrected. Some areas were incorrectly multi-zones, and some boundaries were also slightly off.

Teleporting with jewellery will now cancel incoming damage similarly to how spellbooks/levers/teleport tablets do.

Melee/ranged PvP combat is no longer allowed within the Mage arena.

Bounty teleport added; Unlocked through a *tradable* Bounty teleport scroll -- Purchasable from the PKP shop or web store.

Eating food (not potions) will now have a more accurate delay before being able to attack again

Bonds update reverted:

Bonds are now back to how they were before due to popular request -- that is, granting a rank increase past Super donator.

Raids changes:

Olm door ~ Quick entry: You can now right-click enter the door before Olm at raids to skip the dialogue.

It is no longer possible to obtain points for damage that heals an enemy.

Looting bag;

An update that is long past due, the Looting bag is now available for players to use!

Obtainable from killing many different enemies in the wilderness.

Able to store 28 items within -- it is essentially a second inventory that can ONLY be used within the wilderness.

Dying with the looting bag will release all of the items no matter what.

Fixed Boss timer records on PvM lectern:

Previously, your solo kill would always be considered a team kill and therefore not counted on highscores. This has been fixed, and you should start to see proper boss kill timers populate the in-game PvM records very soon

TzTok-Jad added to killtime and kill count records:

Other updates:

You can find the full update list here!

Many thanks to Omicron for the great work put into them.

Xbo3ull.png

There's been some new rules added over the past couple of weeks. They can be viewed in RED.

1. Inappropriate Language and Flaming*

Alora is filled with many different types of races, religions, morals etc. There will be absolutely no way we will tolerate any type of disrespect, flame, and disrespect of ANY religion, race, morals and so on. This rule is taken very seriously and the punishment can vary from a warning to a permanent ban from the forums.

a. Defamation of players or staff will not be tolerated. Obsessively stating, IE spamming, that a player had scammed you without sufficient proof will be considered defamation and you will be punished.

b. Flame-baiting also falls under this rule; Do not start a new discussion thread/post with the purpose of “calling out” another member or to pick a fight with a fellow forum member. Exercise judgment when starting threads/posting; inflammatory rhetoric has rarely been observed to lead to productive discussion. Flame-baiting may result in infractions.

11. Reputation Farming

If a player asks another player to do something that 'farms' reputation, by asking, paying, or threatening another user to give you reputation for a post or topic, whether that player knows it's against the rules or not, that's considered reputation farming. It is also forbidden to make other accounts and like that post yourself. If this is discovered what you are doing you will be given an infraction along with being rep-fucked (your reputation will be reset).

objTq8d.png

Over the past couple of weeks there have been some coming and goings. The following changes have been made to the team. I'm sure you'll all join me in welcoming the new members to the team as well as thanking past staff members for their efforts.

Collerkar76 has been promoted to Global Moderator. A great addition to the team.

Iron Senpai has been repromoted to Forum Moderator after a well deserved break. We're glad to have him back on the team

Haris was promoted to Server Moderator. Although it may seem a bit random, he has previous experience that will benefit the current staff team and we're glad to have him aboard!

Korea has been promoted to Server Moderator. Korea was a former staff member under the name Volta . We're happy to have him back on the team!

3rdage has been promoted to server support. Best of luck with the new position!

Iron Flee has been promoted to server support. Best of luck with the new position!

Unfortunately there have been some demotons & resignations.

Ikta has resigned from Administrator. We would like to thank him for his time and dedication towars Alora and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Beproud has resigned from Server Moderator. We'd like to thank him for his time and dedication towards Alora.

Demolition has resigned from Server Moderator. We would like to thank him for his time on the team.

Flipper has resigned from Server Support. We'd like to thank him for his time and dedication towars Alora and wish him the best with his future endeavours.

Valve hass resigned from Server Support. He was a valuable asset to the team and it's unfortunate to see him go, but we wish him luck with his future endeavours

Im Combat 3 was demoted from Server Support. We wish him well with the future.

Syrinx has been demoted from Server Support due to recent events that won't be discussed publicly.

BdWaEpc.png

We are proud to announce that the Player of the Week has been awarded to Syntax. Syntax as of late has gone up and above anybody else to help improve the community. The bug reports that have come in from Syntax as of late have been phenomenal. Keep up the great work. We will be in touch soon with your Bond reward.

ACU5SD8.png

This week Unknown is interviewed! Unknown is rank 1 Overall on the Hiscores.

O - Firstly, tell us a little about yourself?

U - I am Thomas, also known as "Soft" for the past 8 years, first time under "Unknown". I live in Denmark and I enjoy skilling.

O - Are you in any sort of education(if so what?) or do you work?

U - I am studying to become a sales assistant for now. Might change it up in a few years.

O - How did you first hear about Alora and what made you decide it was the server for you?

U - I heard about it from one of my friends, we used to play back in the day and I decided to check it out. I didn't like it at first because I found the online store to be OP. I came back after 2 weeks and saw it didn't really ruin the ECO and started my adventure there.

O - And quite the adventure you've had! While playing Runescape or RSPS' has skilling always been your preferred activity?

U - I started out as a PKer back in 09. I heard about this "RSPS" where you could spawn items and just PK with them without any loss. I got bored after few years of PKing and started doing skilling, I've enjoyed it ever since.

O - Any tips for any aspiring skillers wanting to climb the hiscores?

U -Take the time it needs, and don't listen to people that say "Why skill on a RSPS? It's a waste of time" Do what you enjoy.

That concludes our interview for today with Unknown , we wish him the best of luck maintaining rank 1 & his future goals!

December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:37 AM #2

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Great newspaper once again, congratulations @ Syntax , enjoyed your interview @ Unknown , very interesting.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:42 AM #3

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Unknown now you have to chase @ Hex for true rank 1 hehehe. I'm glad shift+click has been added in the last update for skilling in the wildy, since ::empty doesn't work for obvious reasons in the wildy.

I'm honored to receive player of the week again, I'm glad the bugs are being fixed, and I'll continue to post them as I come across them. If anyone has any bugs they want fixed, but don't have the time to create a thread/video of it just pm me in game/forums/discord and I'll gladly add them.

Congrats to those who have been recently promoted, and best of luck IRL for those who have resigned/parted ways from the staff team.

Good work as always Otto and props for creating a poll/feedback topic to determine how often the newspaper should be published.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:44 AM #4

Iron Sux
Banned

Iron Sux

• Time spent:
      5d 17h 4m 38s

• Total level:

Great newspaper as always and congratulations to Syntax. Well deserved.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:48 AM #5

Iron Buck
Donator

Iron Buck
Clan: TNG

• Time spent:
      4d 8h 26m 32s

• Total level:
Really well deserved Syntax. If you didn't get it, I don't know who else would have!

ca4b825190a2a84d8a8aa9f855917901.png

- New Account (Pet Olmlet) -

​Accounts:

​Ironman - Pet Olmlet

​Ex-Main - Iron Buck

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:57 PM #6

Error
Veteran

Error

• Time spent:
      88d 15h 5m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

Nicely put together, job well done.

Posted Image

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:23 PM #7

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like these newspapers, nice interview too Unknown

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:14 AM #8

Diva
Master Donator

Diva

• Time spent:
      229d 4h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards
Many events happened in the past 2 weeks. Thanks for concluding them all into one post and keeping us updated till the last point.

Congrats Syntax, truly deserved your POTW award. Nice to know more about @ Unknown , well done on your skill achievements.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:49 PM #9

Heavy Balls
Ultimate Ironman

Heavy Balls

• Time spent:
      7d 5h 39m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good read overall and very well organized. Thanks for the information!

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:50 PM #10

Teh
Donator

Teh

• Time spent:
      18h 35m 40s

• Total level:

Nice interview, glad to see these updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)