Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:32 PM #21

Crooks
User

Crooks
Clan: CSTEP

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

I have no issues with a player demanding someone pay a fee to skill in the wilderness, that player can skill freely anywhere else in Alora at any point, they specifically go there because they want the bonus experience. I buy vote books at 2m ea just for an hour of bonus exp, if I felt the cost to skill was worth it, I would pay the pker for protection.

Think of it like bodyguards being paid to protect said person/place - Your counter argument will be that you're protecting skillers - but the rebuttal will, and always will be that skillers can skill anywhere, there's a premium to skiling in the wilderness

Your wording for "incident a" is a loaded statement - in that you try to frame the pker, "not fighting anybody consistently", I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Why should I be interested in supporting someone 1 item crystal bowing a pker risking high amounts and activley trying to kill people in an effective manner, only to be griefed for hours on end.

The goal here is to grow the PVP community, not allow a select few players to rag and try to eliminate such players. You'll even see pvp videos with high risks being advertised for both Alora, and other RSPS' - no one wants to see someone running around in a crystal bow 1 iteming people for hours on end.

TLDR - I don't mind skillers getting killed/focused/ or even a pker letting people skill for payments

I do mind players ragging pkers in the wilderness

Sidenote: league does actually crack down on certain extreme cases in league, as can be seen here https://www.reddit.c...fpq&sh=0b954d6b

6f6tdv.png

League of Legends is not relevant in this conversation because it isn't the same game so you don't need to keep on citing cases from that game, refer to the original post if you've don't remember what this is about please.

"TLDR - I don't mind skillers getting killed/focused/ or even a pker letting people skill for payments

I do mind players ragging pkers in the wilderness" - Syntax

with this quote you're approving that fact that you're bias - using the statement of "I don't mind" is equivalent to saying "I don't care" 

and assuming that I asked all of staff to comment on this thread (refer to original post) i suppose you're the spokesmen for the staff team so you're confirming bias within the staff team as-well or no?

throughout this conversation you've been teetering on both sides which is incredibly confusing and makes your statements hold no weight because ragging IS targetting people in which skillers are being targetted to pay money in order to enter the wilderness.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:44 PM #22

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

People skilling in the wilderness are doing it for a reason, there's a risk for reward system. If you are skilling in the wilderness you should expect to get your ass farmed by bored pker's with nothing better to do.

Ragging however is just annoying and denies this wonderful risk for reward system from occurring.

Either pay the taxes or go back to 1x xp.
Or you know....form a militia and overthrow the current tyrannical government, but that's up to you i guess.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:24 AM #23

Macauley
Extreme Donator

Macauley

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 3m 31s

• Total level:
Just give me white portal and I'll f*ck you all up (Haven't checked to see if we have it or not)

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:51 AM #24

I Must Fail
Legendary Donator

I Must Fail
Clan: None

• Time spent:
      7d 8h 46m 27s

• Total level:

@Syntax honestly nothing you're saying at this point is holding any weight.

This whole mafia style "pay your protection fees to skill in the wilderness" idea is just ludicrous. So the way players should be expected to be able to charge UNARMED skillers 10m/hr *for example* to skill in the wilderness without being attacked and killed repeatedly, I should be able to make 9 alt accounts, and camp a God wars boss with maxed out gear and tell people they need to pay me 10m/hr to boss there or enjoy the 10% chance of getting a drop. That's just absurd especially coming from a staff member.

Comparing League of Legends to a Runescape Private Server is the textbook definition of Apples & Oranges. They are two completely different games with two completely different playstyles with two completely different objectives. To compare them in efforts to prove a point makes every argument involved completely irrelevant to this topic.

If you're in the Wilderness geared up in actual armor with a weapon ready to fight people, then you should be able to defend yourself to instead of complaining about raggers. People with gear CAN defend themselves against raggers at least to some extent, but people that don't even have food in their inventory because they're skilling shouldn't be able to be targetted repeatedly by people.

I suggest you either ban them both or don't ban either. Allowing one over the other is just completely biased either way you look at it and there's no way around that.

Also, @Daily for #1 Alora Defense Attorney.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:05 PM #25

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

I wouldn't view it as a "mafia style" in any way, if anything it's a simple protection service the players are offering, IE vote book price, but on wildy terms. Don't like the price? go skill anywhere else in Alora.

You can't multi log the same thing, so your 9 alt accounts at a boss analogy holds no weight.

As far as being geared up in the wildy with actual armor statement, it has has nothing to do with them being able to defend themselves, it's quite clear they'll be just fine. It's the fact a player attacking people in wilderness with a crystal bow for 5 hours a day is accomplishing nothing @I Must Fail

@Daily 

I'm not playing both sides of anything, and @Hex explains it just fine. Only reason players are in wildy is because they want the bonus exp, if they don't ike it they can skill anywhere else

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:50 PM #26

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

I wouldn't view it as a "mafia style" in any way, if anything it's a simple protection service the players are offering, IE vote book price, but on wildy terms. Don't like the price? go skill anywhere else in Alora.

You can't multi log the same thing, so your 9 alt accounts at a boss analogy holds no weight.

As far as being geared up in the wildy with actual armor statement, it has has nothing to do with them being able to defend themselves, it's quite clear they'll be just fine. It's the fact a player attacking people in wilderness with a crystal bow for 5 hours a day is accomplishing nothing @I Must Fail

@Daily 

I'm not playing both sides of anything, and @Hex explains it just fine. Only reason players are in wildy is because they want the bonus exp, if they don't ike it they can skill anywhere else

the main focus which you're failing to realize is that your logic of applying harassment to ragging is also omnipresent within pkers attacking skillers in which they are verbally demanding and if they do not comply they use actions in which also is a fountainhead of people quitting.

So you have no problem with people quitting is what you're saying as well? 

If that is the case which is your argument then you have no problems with individuakls participating in PVP quitting?

A lot of this discussion is making you seem very unknowledgeable in this field of mannerisms and common human behavior which is a trait of nihilism which stirs an odd trait for someone whom is deemed to be unbias (due to being staff)

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:59 PM #27

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

I have no issues with skillers who quit due to being attacked in the wilderness, don't skill in the wildy if you can't handle it. Pkers attacking skillers isn't harassment - alora provides 1.5x to get them into the wilderness, specifically so pkers have people to continually kill, and so that skillers have the chance and opportunity to skill within such boundaries for bonus exp. Myself, and other who skill often bring anti pk gear such as black d'hide neiti glory msb + ags in hopes that they do attempt such.

Again, Jagex themselves punish raggers.

bex3cl.png

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:17 PM #28

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

I have no issues with skillers who quit due to being attacked in the wilderness, don't skill in the wildy if you can't handle it. Pkers attacking skillers isn't harassment - alora provides 1.5x to get them into the wilderness, specifically so pkers have people to continually kill, and so that skillers have the chance and opportunity to skill within such boundaries for bonus exp. Myself, and other who skill often bring anti pk gear such as black d'hide neiti glory msb + ags in hopes that they do attempt such.

Again, Jagex themselves punish raggers.

bex3cl.png

You're still failing to realize the main focus in which @uTorrent and @Otto have stated which is players quitting.

Within the past day this thread was created for staff to talk and since you're the only one you're going to be considered the spokes-person if the main focus is now pushed onto people quitting the server you don't care if people quit?

and there is no need to quote a twitter post because the conversation isn't based upon that, in the rules ragging is already banned so we're past that we're talking about skillers now.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:54 PM #29

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

You're still failing to realize the main focus in which @uTorrent and @Otto have stated which is players quitting.

Within the past day this thread was created for staff to talk and since you're the only one you're going to be considered the spokes-person if the main focus is now pushed onto people quitting the server you don't care if people quit?

and there is no need to quote a twitter post because the conversation isn't based upon that, in the rules ragging is already banned so we're past that we're talking about skillers now.

Who's quit since the rule change?

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:05 PM #30

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

Who's quit since the rule change?

you're not listening properly or maybe you just have difficulty understanding.

Nobody is quitting cause of the rule change I said people being harassed are quitting.

I don't think you're qualified to talk to me due to lack of knowledge.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:07 PM #31

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

you're not listening properly or maybe you just have difficulty understanding.

Nobody is quitting cause of the rule change I said people being harassed are quitting.

I don't think you're qualified to talk to me due to lack of knowledge.

Who's quitting due to being harassed?

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:08 PM #32

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

Who's quitting due to being harassed?

apparently demolished and his "clan" of 11 people and skillers which is the reasoning of ragging being banned.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:11 PM #33

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Ragging does nothing good for the server, hopefully max main clans or even singles pkers decide to become more active as a result of it being punishable

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:36 PM #34

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

Ragging does nothing good for the server, hopefully max main clans or even singles pkers decide to become more active as a result of it being punishable

i don't know if you're incoherent but this isn't about ragging being banned its about deep wild pkers doing the same thing to skillers however they're just in gear.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:38 PM #35

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

i don't know if you're incoherent but this isn't about ragging being banned its about deep wild pkers doing the same thing to skillers however they're just in gear.

again, I have no issues with it, and I skill in the wilderness for almost all of my experience - so does @Hex lol

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:50 PM #36

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

again, I have no issues with it, and I skill in the wilderness for almost all of my experience - so does @Hex lol

this isn't about you.... it's about new members and people that can't deal with it quit making it so subjective.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:00 PM #37

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

this isn't about you.... it's about new members and people that can't deal with it quit making it so subjective.

you are, you're in a select few in regards to people who rag as a life style

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:02 PM #38

Crooks
User

Crooks

• Time spent:
      23d 53m 25s

• Total level:

you are, you're in a select few in regards to people who rag as a life style

yes who i rag is subjective of course it is but that has nothing to do with this post because we've transitioned onto that point and now onto harassment of ALL players if ragging is considered harassment due to constant attacking then so is attacking skillers yes? :P

you're not really good at debating or finding a decent argumentative statement that flows well with your mindset

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:05 AM #39

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

You've already shown you have nothing to offer to the table, as you can't bring up any valid points to negate mine, other than to try and steer the conversation into pointless banter. Everything that's needed to be said has been said, you're just mad you can't rag TLDR.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:45 AM #40

I Must Fail
Legendary Donator

I Must Fail
Clan: None

• Time spent:
      7d 8h 46m 27s

• Total level:

This is sad.

The point you brought up to counter mine was that pk'ing some1 with a crystal bow for 5 hours accomplishes nothing. Neither does killing somebody trying to skill for 5 hours. That's also biased towards your own definition of accomplishment.

If you read the bottom of the website it says "Alora is not affiliated with Jagex, RuneScape, or Funorb." Therefore, anything mentioned by Sparc Mac or anybody Jagex-related, is irrelevant.

Your entire argument about being able to rag skillers but not other pkers is completely biased. People can skill elsewhere? Well people can also choose whether they want to PK at edgeville for 5 hours being ragged or do something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)