Photo

Completionist Cape Requirements

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Completionist Cape Requirements (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the following changes be made to make it more obtainable?

1. Yes (43 votes [95.56%])

Percentage of vote: 95.56%

2. No (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

Vote

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:49 PM #1

S
Immortal Donator

S
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

Hi, just making a suggestion based on what I've discussed with people.

• The Pking Achievements should be lowered or removed. Currently the only people who can really get it are people in max hybrid gear, and even then most people use teams and multilog in order to get kills. This makes it unfair and difficult for the average person to get Completionist, because most people dont hang around in teams of 5+. The 5 killstreak is fine, but 15 is a bit too high considering the circumstances, as is the 50 kills (maybe lower it to like 20)

@ Omicron @ Westy1123 @ Toxicity @ Otto @ Lowkey @ Drewsy @ Xrapierx @ Thorru @ Hellrising

IPJQfIp.gif

475LmfH.pngdysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=960&h

Spoiler

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:56 PM #2

O T T O
Donator

O T T O
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards

Where I agree it should be rather difficult to obtain the Completionist, I'm totally with you that the current requirements are a little difficult.

The skilling achievements are time consuming rather than skill/luck based.

I support making changes to the PKing achievements.

December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:08 PM #3

Pdawg
User

Pdawg

• Time spent:
      16h 53m 54s

• Total level:
I vote removing them

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:09 PM #4

Drewsy
Uber Donator

Drewsy
Clan: TNG

• Time spent:
      25d 7h 38m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

I completely agree with lowering both of those achievements.

drewsy.png

tng_screen.png

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:19 PM #5

Haris
Veteran

Haris

• Time spent:
      91d 5m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree on the 15 ks, but not on the 50 kills.

Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:40 PM #6

Cam Only
User

Cam Only

• Time spent:
      6d 5h 15m 1s

• Total level:

I vote on removing them, because not everyone likes to go pking

Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:56 PM #7

Error
Veteran

Error

• Time spent:
      88d 15h 5m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree, not many players are able to achieve a 15 player streak due to not being familiar with pking that well.

The 50 total kills doesn't seem too bad but then again not many people PK so it might be a struggle.

I support, the PVP achievements need to be lowered.

Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:43 PM #8

Saint Lucia
User

Saint Lucia

• Time spent:
      20d 10h 51m 28s

• Total level:
    Awards

I think they're both fine.. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:48 PM #9

Syrinx
Donator

Syrinx

• Time spent:
      5d 17h 5m 12s

• Total level:

Yeah. I think these should be changed. 

A flame never burns forever.

1d92c3a1ad8564025d2eee736f4f6a1c.png

bcbe5e0bc3b2488240d37eb989e22aae.png

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:29 PM #10

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Agreed, especially now that ironman don't even have to do them. Change it to wildy boss kills for both ironmen and regular accounts.

This will increase wilderness activity even more than having pk reqs since no1 tries to get them. Will be crazy in the wildy, with everyone trying to get the boss kills @ Omicron

Pkers will be happy with increased activity throughout all of wildy as a result, and people attempting to get the completionist cape will be happy as well. Win/Win

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:30 PM #11

Beta Chippy
Legendary Donator

Beta Chippy

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 8m 25s

• Total level:
    Awards

15 kill streak should be removed, aswell as you should add iron specific achievements such as killing wilderness bosses. would start with their killcount at the bosses

• S likes this

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:49 PM #12

S
Immortal Donator

S

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

15 kill streak should be removed, aswell as you should add iron specific achievements such as killing wilderness bosses. would start with their killcount at the bosses

I agree with the Ironman Only Achievements. Make the requirements unique to their status

Agreed, especially now that ironman don't even have to do them. Change it to wildy boss kills for both ironmen and regular accounts.

This will increase wilderness activity even more than having pk reqs since no1 tries to get them. Will be crazy in the wildy, with everyone trying to get the boss kills @ Omicron

Pkers will be happy with increased activity throughout all of wildy as a result, and people attempting to get the completionist cape will be happy as well. Win/Win

Very good suggestion!

IPJQfIp.gif

Spoiler

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:48 PM #13

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah this seems fair enough to me.

Ironmen struggle with the PKing achievement because of the gear limitations, but it still isn't feasible for the average player to get a 15 kill streak.

A large majority of the server doesn't care about PKing, shown by the amount of current pkers at any given time.

I say just remove the achievement alltogether, and replace them with pvm achievements.

Fairly sure even rs3 comp cape is pvm based and doesnt require pvp outside of grindable minigames.

EDIT: idk if i agree with how the poll is worded, i think it should be less obtainable by adding many more challenging achievement to the requirements, but i do agree that pking shouldnt be included.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:52 PM #14

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah this seems fair enough to me.

Ironmen struggle with the PKing achievement because of the gear limitations, but it still isn't feasible for the average player to get a 15 kill streak.

A large majority of the server doesn't care about PKing, shown by the amount of current pkers at any given time.

I say just remove the achievement alltogether, and replace them with pvm achievements.

Fairly sure even rs3 comp cape is pvm based and doesnt require pvp outside of grindable minigames.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the goal is to bring activity to the wilderness w/ the pvp acheivements, but instead it just demotivates people and they don't bother. Adding x amount of each boss in wildy to be killed will solve two things with 1 stone - active wildy, and a fair ground for the completionist cape.

OSRS would never give ironman a free ride in any way - hence the constant deny for ironmen only worlds, bosses, etc

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:16 AM #15

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the goal is to bring activity to the wilderness w/ the pvp acheivements, but instead it just demotivates people and they don't bother. Adding x amount of each boss in wildy to be killed will solve two things with 1 stone - active wildy, and a fair ground for the completionist cape.

Only problem with this that i can see is that it kinda screws over UIM and eventually HCIM that need to risk their entire account just to do that achievement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:59 AM #16

S
Immortal Donator

S

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

Only problem with this that i can see is that it kinda screws over UIM and eventually HCIM that need to risk their entire account just to do that achievement.

Thats why IM / UIM / HCIM should have their own unique challenges to complete, like in RS3, that take a lot of the account risk out while still being very challenging.

IPJQfIp.gif

Spoiler

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:22 AM #17

S
Immortal Donator

S

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

EDIT: idk if i agree with how the poll is worded, i think it should be less obtainable by adding many more challenging achievement to the requirements, but i do agree that pking shouldnt be included.

Its a Private Server, not the official game. It has quite a lot of achievements to complete along with the music (which would be a lot easier to obtain in the official game)

However I am not against adding more challenges, provided they arent PK related. Good suggestion

IPJQfIp.gif

Spoiler

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:32 AM #18

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Its a Private Server, not the official game. It has quite a lot of achievements to complete along with the music (which would be a lot easier to obtain in the official game)

Maybe im just a masochist, but im just not a fan of being able to completely comp your account in 2 days or less.

The only real hard achievements (time wise) are the 200m requirements, but even that is completable in a day or two.

iirc Flexicution was able to get 2 200m stats within 2 days of the server launching.

Ive always been a fan of the weird achievement that runescape had to offer, and seeing them included in comp cape on real rs is quite enjoyable.

Some examples would be champion scrolls, minigame rewards (gold cwars or the mob armies sets) or various other minigame related achievements

I get that its a private server and its meant to be fast paced and easily achieveable, but some long term achievements that arnt just xp related would be really interesting

• S likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:52 AM #19

S
Immortal Donator

S

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

Maybe im just a masochist, but im just not a fan of being able to completely comp your account in 2 days or less.

The only real hard achievements (time wise) are the 200m requirements, but even that is completable in a day or two.

iirc Flexicution was able to get 2 200m stats within 2 days of the server launching.

Ive always been a fan of the weird achievement that runescape had to offer, and seeing them included in comp cape on real rs is quite enjoyable.

Some examples would be champion scrolls, minigame rewards (gold cwars or the mob armies sets) or various other minigame related achievements

I get that its a private server and its meant to be fast paced and easily achieveable, but some long term achievements that arnt just xp related would be really interesting

I agree, one of the old servers I played had an achievement of winning 15 Castle Wars games, CW of course being one of the most fun and well played games of Runescape history.

I would like to see Castle Wars opened and working fully on this, I have no doubt that it would be extremely popular among players.

If @ Omicron added a few more working minigames and MAYBE some fun Custom minigames / added some of the official minigames, it would probably help the server out a lot, as well as making Completionist much more fun to go for.

IPJQfIp.gif

Spoiler

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:21 AM #20

Westy1123
Super Donator

Westy1123

• Time spent:
      1d 3h 14m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards
I vote yes 15 killstreak being removed and instead make it so you have to turn in a tier8-10 emblem something like that? As for the 50 kills I say leave that one alone completionist is suppose to be difficult and not able to get it in a day. I think 50 kills isn't to much to ask for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 17 user(s)