Photo

Completionist Cape Requirements

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Completionist Cape Requirements (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the following changes be made to make it more obtainable?

1. Yes (43 votes [95.56%])

Percentage of vote: 95.56%

2. No (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

Vote

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:02 PM #21

Gin N Tonic
User

Gin N Tonic

• Time spent:
      4d 2h 52m 6s

• Total level:

Maybe im just a masochist, but im just not a fan of being able to completely comp your account in 2 days or less.

The only real hard achievements (time wise) are the 200m requirements, but even that is completable in a day or two.

iirc Flexicution was able to get 2 200m stats within 2 days of the server launching.

Ive always been a fan of the weird achievement that runescape had to offer, and seeing them included in comp cape on real rs is quite enjoyable.

Some examples would be champion scrolls, minigame rewards (gold cwars or the mob armies sets) or various other minigame related achievements

I get that its a private server and its meant to be fast paced and easily achieveable, but some long term achievements that arnt just xp related would be really interesting

I would like to state that the bold highlighted text are Trimmed completionist requirements

Other than that, I agree with the opinions that state removing PvP and replacing them with PvM & Ironman unique requirements.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:18 PM #22

Giant Imp
User

Giant Imp

• Time spent:
      4d 15h 11m 14s

• Total level:

I support, I was thinking of making a thread like this.

I'm not a PKer neither am I good at PKing I like to skill and PvM so yeah the PKing achievements are a little hard for players who don't PK at all.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:27 PM #23

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      420d 7h 29m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards
The whole idea behind a completionist cape is to cover ALL aspects of the game, including PvP, so the PvP achievements will not be removed from Alora. That being said, the argument that they are too difficult/too time consuming to complete is appreciable, and will be looked into more, and may be changed in the near future to suit more popular player opinion, however there are no guarantees at this time.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:44 PM #24

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

The whole idea behind a completionist cape is to cover ALL aspects of the game, including PvP, so the PvP achievements will not be removed from Alora. That being said, the argument that they are too difficult/too time consuming to complete is appreciable, and will be looked into more, and may be changed in the near future to suit more popular player opinion, however there are no guarantees at this time.

The argument is that ironmen can still pvp...(you've completed all of there's for free) I'd gladly give up my pkp shop and wildy kill loot to have them all completed for free... I suggested adding x amount of each wildy boss to force people in the wildy. PVM'ers will be killed by pkers, and pkers will be happy, so will pvm'ers since they only have to kill bosses

OSRS has never given ironmen something beneficial that regular players cannot get. You've also set a precedent for new players to make an ironmen, complete the achieves for free - then de iron...

The community has voted 20-0 in favor of removing the pvp acheives, that speaks volumes imo, no one wants it.

x amount of kills of each wildy boss is the answer...

Also - the PVP kill streaks are bugged for players @ Otto has the same issue. The only people who can get the cape are ironmen and lowkey since he's finished the achieves prior to the bugs which have been in effect for months now.

Regardless, the PVP acheivements can take immense amounts of time considering no one really pk's at all, why should we have to spend weeks+ to get the achievement when ironmen can just talk to an NPC

@ Omicron

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:19 PM #25

O T T O
Donator

O T T O
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      47d 20h 33m 7s

• Previous username:
    Otto

• Total level:
    Awards
In regards with the time aspect mentioned by Syntax, I've spent probably 3-4 hours in the wild today and only managed to find 6-7 fight. This being along with the fact I can turn bonus PKP points on alongside the fact an Admin is yelling come wherever to fight I can only imagine it being much harder for regular players.

I'm by no means a pker and won 1 of those fights. I will keep pking until I achieve what is required, but it's somewhat demotivating knowing it's something I'm rather unlikely to ever achieve.

I'd like to see it hopefully reduced to maybe a 3-5 killstreak along with 15-25 total kills. I'd be more than willing to see more PvM challenges added. I'd be willing to gather feedback for what we could do for it.

As it stands though, I don't see myself getting this done and don't really want to spend 50-100 hours for something that I'm not guarenteed to achieve.
December 13 2016 - Server Support
January 16 2017 - Server Moderator
February 7 2017 - Global Moderator
March 15 2017 - Administrator

Now just a Veteran passing by...

"Heisenberg"
"RIP HC"
"Dead Otto"
"HC Otto V4"
"Rhubarb"
"Another Otto"
"PlankmanOtto" ingame now. Feel free to add me! I will get good at Hardcore...

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:34 PM #26

Macauley
Extreme Donator

Macauley

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 3m 31s

• Total level:

I personally think all PVP achievments should be removed, not everyone enjoys pking.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:52 PM #27

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well, that's awkward. I'm the only one who voted no.

The reason I voted no is precisely the reason that Omicron brought up, the point of these tasks are supposed to cover all aspects of the game. I can see that it's difficult to find fights but, similar to the 200m skills requirement, can be done with some serious dedication and effort. If there only a few comp capes in game, I see that as better than if it was easily obtainable. 

Although I voted no, I agree to the extent that the requirement should be lowered but not by that much. The incentive of completing a difficult task and working towards a COMPLETION cape will both ensure that only those who dedicate themselves get a cute monkey on their back and slightly increases wildy activity. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:46 PM #28

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well, that's awkward. I'm the only one who voted no.

The reason I voted no is precisely the reason that Omicron brought up, the point of these tasks are supposed to cover all aspects of the game. I can see that it's difficult to find fights but, similar to the 200m skills requirement, can be done with some serious dedication and effort. If there only a few comp capes in game, I see that as better than if it was easily obtainable. 

Although I voted no, I agree to the extent that the requirement should be lowered but not by that much. The incentive of completing a difficult task and working towards a COMPLETION cape will both ensure that only those who dedicate themselves get a cute monkey on their back and slightly increases wildy activity. 

Yeah, I agree that they should be lowered. 5-10 kill streak is fine imo, and 25 kills rather than 50 would be much better.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:50 PM #29

Macauley
Extreme Donator

Macauley

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 3m 31s

• Total level:

So I thought seeing as Omicron has made it very clear not many people will be able to achieve the comp cape, I'd try my hand at pking. But of course theres teams in max gear camping teleport spots in wildy. Not sure what else is left for me to get on here as I don't fancy Edgeville pking.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:23 PM #30

Hondenei
Ironman

Hondenei
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      60d 16h 30m 24s

• Total level:
    Awards

Even though I'm an iron man and I don't face this problem, I feel like pking achievements should be removed completely or put in to a diffrent catagory not needed for comp cape. Runescape has always been about questing, skilling and pvming. PVP aspects of this game have always been an extra that alot of people enjoy but are definitely not necessary to enjoy the game. Especially people enjoying the single player aspects of this game, and will most likely be the ones going for this comp cape will find it really anoying getting these way to hard pking recquirements, especially since most will have no or very litle experience in pking. Diehard pkers, the ones that won't feel these reqs as being that bad, are most likely players that don't care about pvm let alone skilling and will less likely be the ones going for this comp cape anyways. 

Also an already occuring reaction to this is people going to kill skillers in order to 'cheat' (it's alowed but ofc not really the intended way of getting these achievements) there way into recieving this cape. as an example I was killed yesteray by our own admin @ Otto while hunting chins #feelsbadman:'(.

In conclusion, these achievements are way to hard to get for the casual player and should be removed/changed in to something else. 

Promoted to Server Support on 10 December 2017.

Promoted to Server Moderator on 17 January 2018.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:56 PM #31

S
Immortal Donator

S
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

The Completionist system on the official game is very time consuming and somewhat difficult to obtain yes, but there is very little to NO PvP Achievements, and definately no PKing. 

Most people here who voted on this have played RS3 and know what I am talking about, I suggest you look it up further and try to implement some PvM and Boss requirements instead of the PK requirements. Especially seeing as Ironmen get to skip it completely. 

Also if you keep these Achievements you will always have the time wasting issue of PKP Farming, since it is really the only way for regular players to achieve it.

@ Omicron

IPJQfIp.gif

475LmfH.pngdysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=960&h

Spoiler

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:31 PM #32

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      420d 7h 29m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seabound" data-cid="65193" data-time="1490659019" data-date="Today, 06:56 PM said:
The Completionist system on the official game is very time consuming and somewhat difficult to obtain yes, but there is very little to NO PvP Achievements, and definately no PKing.

Most people here who voted on this have played RS3 and know what I am talking about, I suggest you look it up further and try to implement some PvM and Boss requirements instead of the PK requirements. Especially seeing as Ironmen get to skip it completely.

Also if you keep these Achievements you will always have the time wasting issue of PKP Farming, since it is really the only way for regular players to achieve it.

@ Omicron

I understand, but remember that we aren't RS3, nor do we base our content on/around RS3. The difficulty of the pk achievements are being looked into, but they will not be removed.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:56 PM #33

Macauley
Extreme Donator

Macauley

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 3m 31s

• Total level:
22 votes to 1, I think kill streaks should be removed completely at the very least.
  • S likes this

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:07 PM #34

S
Immortal Donator

S
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      53d 11h 41m 30s

• Previous username:
    Seabound

• Total level:
    Awards

I understand, but remember that we aren't RS3, nor do we base our content on/around RS3. The difficulty of the pk achievements are being looked into, but they will not be removed.

I wasnt saying go off RS3, I like the server how it is. I am merely saying it is far too hard to accomplish right now.

Even though I'm an iron man and I don't face this problem, I feel like pking achievements should be removed completely or put in to a diffrent catagory not needed for comp cape. Runescape has always been about questing, skilling and pvming. PVP aspects of this game have always been an extra that alot of people enjoy but are definitely not necessary to enjoy the game. Especially people enjoying the single player aspects of this game, and will most likely be the ones going for this comp cape will find it really anoying getting these way to hard pking recquirements, especially since most will have no or very litle experience in pking. Diehard pkers, the ones that won't feel these reqs as being that bad, are most likely players that don't care about pvm let alone skilling and will less likely be the ones going for this comp cape anyways. 

Also an already occuring reaction to this is people going to kill skillers in order to 'cheat' (it's alowed but ofc not really the intended way of getting these achievements) there way into recieving this cape. as an example I was killed yesteray by our own admin @ Otto while hunting chins #feelsbadman:'(.

In conclusion, these achievements are way to hard to get for the casual player and should be removed/changed in to something else. 

This is spot on correct. Runescape was never designed to be heavily PK focused. Which is why there is so many different skills and Bosses.

@ Omicron

IPJQfIp.gif

475LmfH.pngdysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=960&h

Spoiler

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:27 PM #35

Iron soulja
Donator

Iron soulja

• Time spent:
      19h 55m 35s

• Total level:

I gave it a +1 because Alora is not a very pk based server lets admit it.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:32 AM #36

Shifo
Super Donator

Shifo

• Time spent:
      7d 13h 36m 22s

• Total level:

this like noway for me to get this cape with this achiv coz am not good pker , i just playing alora coz i love skilling and pvming this way u forcing me to pking while i cant do it , i support that u remove the pk achiv or make it so low

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:47 AM #37

Riddler
Ultimate Ironman

Riddler
Clan: Ironmania

• Time spent:
      23d 9h 48m 33s

• Total level:

I vote yes 15 killstreak being removed and instead make it so you have to turn in a tier8-10 emblem something like that? As for the 50 kills I say leave that one alone completionist is suppose to be difficult and not able to get it in a day. I think 50 kills isn't to much to ask for.

I'm not sure you're understanding this thread one bit.  Us UIM aren't worried about not killing people, we just don't want to touch the wild for Skot, even if PKP is too easy of a way to be OP.  Especially when HCIM is released there should be no PVP(or maybe 1 player kill) to achieve the requirements.

• S likes this

wS6Wlke.png

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:38 AM #38

Heroic
Super Donator

Heroic
Clan: TNG

• Time spent:
      6d 2h 48m 50s

• Total level:

In my opinion, all PK requirements should be deleted completely. PKing is not an endgoal in Runescape. PvM'ers, such as myself, will never be able to get all the requirements done, purely because of the PKing achievements. It should indeed be time consuming, but PKing achievements also require a lot of luck and are not something everyone can complete.

• S likes this

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:53 AM #39

Wasko
Legendary Donator

Wasko
Clan: ::topic 16073

• Time spent:
      43d 2h 23m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

Wow after reading a lot i come to this conclusion:

- I think Omicron is right about there needs to be a pvp achievements so i agree with the 5 killstreak because 15 is a lot and i suggest that we keep the "kill 50 players" but u can achieve it by killing players in duel, clan wars, battle royal, etc its even possible to achieve 100 kills in that way.

+ keep the 10 bounty kills. So if ur a good pker u can do this achievement in 10 kills but if u suck u got to grind harder.

Kissies 

Wasko <3

https://prnt.sc/q19074

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:30 PM #40

OceanKid
Super Donator

OceanKid

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 2m 52s

• Total level:

Although I would like not having to do any pk'ing, "completionist" means you know your way around every aspect of the game, being skilling, pvm'ing and pk'ing, so we shouldn't remove them but lower them as they're pretty hardcore for someone that was born with non-pker blood.

c6IXDeG.png

youtube.com/oceankid

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 17 user(s)