Photo

Begging should be illegal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Begging (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Should begging be illegal?

1. Yes (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. No (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. I don't care (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:47 PM #1

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom
Clan: Nightmare Mafia

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

Honestly, begging is so annoying. How do people lack that much self dignity? Even on a game? I once saw a guy begging at home asking for 200k, for like 15 minutes straight. In that time he could have easily made 1m+, and i told him that, but he kept begging. Like i have nothing against someone giving them something just to be nice, but for someone to sit there and repetitively beg it gets annoying. Sometimes its borderline harassment.

I think that begging should be illegal, idc really what the punishments are really, but i suggest something like this:
1st offense - 15 min mute
2nd offense - 1 hour mute
3rd offense - 24 hour mute

Obviously there should be a warning first since new players tend to beg before reading rules. A lot of people I've talked to in-server agree with me on this.

Personally i made around 150m in a week from nothing working my ass off, so if i sat around begging that time, i might have gotten like maybe 20m (note i didn't get any high value drops in this time)

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:51 PM #2

Dead to Dc
User

Dead to Dc

• Time spent:
      4d 20h 59m 30s

• Total level:

Support!, even as a hardcore/ironman it's annoying seeing people spamming asking for money etc, it's not hard too make money what so ever on this game.. You have my support.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:53 PM #3

Addison
User

Addison

• Time spent:
      9d 1h 58m 17s

• Total level:

It's not that big of a deal, there are more important things the developers and mods should be talking about other than a rule for begging.

This thread is pointless in my opinion, and it's your personal problem that it really bothers you that bad

However, if people were creating a lot of accounts spamming chat with auto-typers begging for money, dancing for money or whatever that would be a different issue.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:54 PM #4

Big Hero
User

Big Hero
Clan: Fabulous

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 4m 55s

• Total level:

Absolutely ridiculous, in my opinion.

People are always going to ask for free things, why punish people for trying to get free things? Would you punish a homeless person in the street for asking you for something?

I see so many wealthy people quit over RuneScape in general and people are quick enough to ask if they can have their wealth when they quit. It's just worded differently. It's still begging, but I bet you'd love it if someone gave you 1b.

No support.

Road To 10,000 Cerberus Kills | Level 3 Skiller Progress | Fabulous Skilling Clan

​In-Game Names - Big Hero (Skiller) - Little Hero (Bosser)

29c0tgj.jpg

Thank you fossil for the Signature!!

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:55 PM #5

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Support, mute them all.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:55 PM #6

I Farted
Hardcore Ironman

I Farted

• Time spent:
      2d 16h 16m 11s

• Total level:

People are always going to ask for free things, why punish people for trying to get free things? Would you punish a homeless person in the street for asking you for something?

I see so many wealthy people quit over RuneScape in general and people are quick enough to ask if they can have their wealth when they quit. It's just worded differently. It's still begging, but I bet you'd love it if someone gave you 1b.

No support.

Nuff said.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

- Steve Martin

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:55 PM #7

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

Addison, even if it wasn't a well enforced rule it'd still help the problem, and it's not like it's a big thing to code in for developers.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:56 PM #8

Jewlion
Banned

Jewlion

Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      9d 22h 26m 15s

• Total level:

On the fence about this one. 

It is pretty over-the-top in some cases (like asking for 200K for 15 minutes, lol...), but as long as they aren't spamming, and keeping it out of Alora CC and Help CC, then I can't see the problem here.

I definitely don't think it should be tolerated in any of the help CCs though if they are being persistent with it. Just like advertising your TP isn't technically allowed in the help CCs because that's not what they're there to help you with.

243g3o3.jpg

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:57 PM #9

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

I kinda agree with Big Hero on this one. 

I would like to point out, though, that I do understand the argument that spamming could be annoying but if they keep 15 seconds between messages it's no more annoying than a mercher. 

Yes, they could make the money just thieving but it's their choice to beg; if they are wasting their time so be it, it is their right and it doesn't affect you.

(Also: begging IRL is illegal in some countries, so technically homeless people are being punished for begging)

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:57 PM #10

L E O N
User

L E O N

• Time spent:
      1d 10h 10m 13s

• Total level:

The whole point we have the ignore list is to put people that annoy you on it. Just add anyone that annoys you on it and you'll play the game normally. Shouldn't have mods/etc. waste time making this a rule.

NO SUPPORT.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:58 PM #11

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.

A) homeless people NEED things and often have a lot of trouble obtaining it, while on here it just requires a bit of EASY work.  homeless people don't follow people around begging them C) they aren't just asking when people quit, it's constant D) yes anyone would be happy to receive 1b, but I'm not going to beg for it.

• 1 likes this

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:04 PM #12

Big Hero
User

Big Hero

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 4m 55s

• Total level:

A) homeless people NEED things and often have a lot of trouble obtaining it, while on here it just requires a bit of EASY work.  homeless people don't follow people around begging them C) they aren't just asking when people quit, it's constant D) yes anyone would be happy to receive 1b, but I'm not going to beg for it.

Plenty of people in need in real life will trail someone if they think they will change their mind, hence why they do it. This game is not the same as in real life but the same principles apply. Begging is begging.

Why should someone be muted because they ask for help? I'm sure 90% of this server has begged at some point, I can tell you I did years ago when I first started. Someone gave me 500k, because I promised to use it wisely and pass on the favour to someone else one day. I did, and I felt great.

Some people enjoy giving. Some people get pissed off because they think they're superior. It is what it is. You'll never stop people asking for things. 

Road To 10,000 Cerberus Kills | Level 3 Skiller Progress | Fabulous Skilling Clan

29c0tgj.jpg

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:04 PM #13

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

The whole point we have the ignore list is to put people that annoy you on it. Just add anyone that annoys you on it and you'll play the game normally. Shouldn't have mods/etc. waste time making this a rule.

NO SUPPORT.

Ignore lists don't work properly on here.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:08 PM #14

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

I understand feeling good when giving, and i plan to do give aways when i can afford it, but when people continuously beg it gets redundant. I'm not saying they should get muted for walking up to a rich guy and being like "Hey man could you spot me like 1m so i can buy some gear" or something like that, but i do think they should get muted if the rich guy says no and they're like "plzzzz man plzzzz plzz donate plzz give me 1m plzzz"

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:10 PM #15

Big Hero
User

Big Hero

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 4m 55s

• Total level:

I understand feeling good when giving, and i plan to do give aways when i can afford it, but when people continuously beg it gets redundant. I'm not saying they should get muted for walking up to a rich guy and being like "Hey man could you spot me like 1m so i can buy some gear" or something like that, but i do think they should get muted if the rich guy says no and they're like "plzzzz man plzzzz plzz donate plzz give me 1m plzzz"

I'm curious how you seem to get bombarded by so many beggers. I hardly see it. I mainly see people ask how to make money and they get directed the stalls to thieve. There seems to be a whole big group of people who are just asking you, yet no one else. How curious.

29c0tgj.jpg

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:13 PM #16

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm curious how you seem to get bombarded by so many beggers. I hardly see it. I mainly see people ask how to make money and they get directed the stalls to thieve. There seems to be a whole big group of people who are just asking you, yet no one else. How curious.

They don't ask me that often, i said i SEE it, not experience it. I just think that when people redundantly beg it should have repercussions.

And as i said in the original post, i have no problem with people giving someone something to help them out, I do have a problem if they refuse but the player doesn't stop. Asking is one thing, BEGGING is another.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:13 PM #17

Big Hero
User

Big Hero

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 4m 55s

• Total level:

They don't ask me that often, i said i SEE it, not experience it. I just think that when people redundantly beg it should have repercussions.

So you SEE it. How does that bother your day in the slightest? You can easily get on with your day. Rich people will always be a target. There's worse things a player could do than ask for 500k.

29c0tgj.jpg

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:14 PM #18

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

So you SEE it. How does that bother your day in the slightest? You can easily get on with your day. Rich people will always be a target. There's worse things a player could do than ask for 500k.

Like i keep saying... I have no problem at all when someone asks, but if they don't STOP asking, it becomes BEGGING.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:16 PM #19

Big Hero
User

Big Hero

• Time spent:
      2d 21h 4m 55s

• Total level:

Like i keep saying... I have no problem at all when someone asks, but if they don't STOP asking, it becomes BEGGING.

As I said, what is the issue? It's not to you.

29c0tgj.jpg

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:18 PM #20

Phantom
Extreme Donator

Phantom

• Time spent:
      31d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

As I said, what is the issue? It's not to you.

When someone VPN votes, it doesn't affect me as i don't deal in vbs.

When someone scams in dice, it doesn't affect me as i don't gamble.

If someone downs server for 8 hours while i'm sleeping, it doesn't affect me, as i'm not playing.

All those things and more don't affect me, but i still consider it an issue. All those thing's are illegal, are you saying they're fine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)