6 replies to this topic

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:28 PM #1

My Eco
User

My Eco

• Time spent:
      9h 47m 17s

• Total level:

Ok this would be simple to implement I think.

Basically the idea is to have an option to enter 2fa whenever teleporting to gamble/duel, this is to avoid getting cleaned for your hard earned bank when players are bored. Cheers.

Edit : Or you could just have an option to disable ;;gamble and ;;duel teleport.

Edited by My Eco, 01 July 2017 - 04:33 PM.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:37 PM #2

Gatsby
Legendary Donator

Gatsby
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 3h 31m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

I would actually support this, as long as it is able to be toggled I think it's a great idea.

Posted Image

Graphics Section

Need work done? Send me a private message on Discord: gatsby#7852

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:57 PM #3

Iron Johnny
Super Donator

Iron Johnny

• Time spent:
      7d 11h 27m 7s

• Total level:

simple. Make an account and select Ironman game mode.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:42 PM #4

Volta
Veteran

Volta

• Time spent:
      56d 11m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm a little confused. How would this stop anyone from going to gamble or duel arena when all they have to do is go to the app and just get the code?

Also, I think it's very unnecessary. If you don't want to gamble/duel, just don't go there. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:20 PM #5

My Eco
User

My Eco

• Time spent:
      9h 47m 17s

• Total level:

I'm a little confused. How would this stop anyone from going to gamble or duel arena when all they have to do is go to the app and just get the code?

Also, I think it's very unnecessary. If you don't want to gamble/duel, just don't go there. 

Straight to the point answer: I personally believe the only point against this is the one you made, but gambling is an addiction, and something like this would stop, and give people time to think, and would not require a lot of time to implement.

"How would this stop anyone from going to  gamble" - Some people struggle with preventing themselves to going to gamble due to this insanely easy way to access it through ;;gamble, it is a known fact that when gambling is "harder to access" it "postpones" your "craving" to gamble, and therefore hopefully - not certainly - would stop said person from gambling.

"Also, I think it's very unnecessary. If you don't want to gamble/duel, just don't go there. " - Gambling is 100% an addiction, despite it being an rsps, real money could be involved. Another addiction could be smoking therefore the same argument could be "Why don't people that smoke  just quit smoking?", this is because addictions aren't easily overcame, and the easy access does not give people enough time think before they act.

​So I don't see the harm in this feature as what you should gather from this is that hopefully it may prevent the urge of typing ;;gamble. Thanks for your input though bro.

P.s this was more than I wrote for some essays lmao so please read haha

(source https://www.helpguid...-gambling.htm) 

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:21 PM #6

Volta
Veteran

Volta

• Time spent:
      56d 11m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

My Eco Unfortunately, I haven't been able to quote for the longest time so hopefully this works. 

Firstly, I appreciate your detailed responses. I know where you're coming from with both points, but I see some flaws. I do agree that making gamble harder to access could fight the urge to actually gamble but this wouldn't be the best way. Loading up your 2FA app and putting in the code would only take 20-30 seconds, making it not much of an obstacle. If you'd want to make it harder to access you'd have to delay it by at least a minute or two before people start getting impatient, which would also annoy most of the regulars who visit gamble daily. I don't see how this method would be any different than a dialog box appearing asking "If you want to go to gamble, please note the risks, etc". (Which would also be pointless as it's easy to skip over).

Secondly, I'm completely aware that gambling is an addiction, no matter where the gambling is being used. But comparing my statement to "Why don't people that smoke just quit smoking?" is absurd. Comparing my statement to the AD's that are on the cigarette boxes that mention the effects that smoking has on an individual would be a bit more valid in my opinion, and those methods are still, obviously ineffective. I understand that someone who is addicted to gambling can't just stop, but adding a slight delay to their destination will not stop them. In the end, there isn't much that can be done to stop people from gambling, the solution begins with you. 

In all honesty the only outcome I could think of if this was implemented would be that the users who visit gamble regularly who enjoy gambling or just want a place to hangout (like myself) would obtain a huge inconvenience and deter them from visiting gamble, making it more inactive than it already is. I know that it has been stated that you can simply have the option to enable to 2FA, which I find would go against it's point. I don't really think someone would set that up in hopes that it would deter them from going to gamble or the duel arena, as most people don't even think they have an addiction.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:54 PM #7

My Eco
User

My Eco

• Time spent:
      9h 47m 17s

• Total level:

My Eco Unfortunately, I haven't been able to quote for the longest time so hopefully this works. 

Firstly, I appreciate your detailed responses. I know where you're coming from with both points, but I see some flaws. I do agree that making gamble harder to access could fight the urge to actually gamble but this wouldn't be the best way. Loading up your 2FA app and putting in the code would only take 20-30 seconds, making it not much of an obstacle. If you'd want to make it harder to access you'd have to delay it by at least a minute or two before people start getting impatient, which would also annoy most of the regulars who visit gamble daily. I don't see how this method would be any different than a dialog box appearing asking "If you want to go to gamble, please note the risks, etc". (Which would also be pointless as it's easy to skip over).

Secondly, I'm completely aware that gambling is an addiction, no matter where the gambling is being used. But comparing my statement to "Why don't people that smoke just quit smoking?" is absurd. Comparing my statement to the AD's that are on the cigarette boxes that mention the effects that smoking has on an individual would be a bit more valid in my opinion, and those methods are still, obviously ineffective. I understand that someone who is addicted to gambling can't just stop, but adding a slight delay to their destination will not stop them. In the end, there isn't much that can be done to stop people from gambling, the solution begins with you. 

In all honesty the only outcome I could think of if this was implemented would be that the users who visit gamble regularly who enjoy gambling or just want a place to hangout (like myself) would obtain a huge inconvenience and deter them from visiting gamble, making it more inactive than it already is. I know that it has been stated that you can simply have the option to enable to 2FA, which I find would go against it's point. I don't really think someone would set that up in hopes that it would deter them from going to gamble or the duel arena, as most people don't even think they have an addiction.

Very good points i guess, most of them ARGUABLY (Can't find bold option haha) were already answered in my previous post but thanks for your time. I will just be making basic points as I feel like this suggestion will not get implemented, and also not to waste your time, now essentially i still believe you are wrong, but i guess that is my opinion, and i only decided to reply as i had just seen this and wanted to sum up my beliefs.

You say that it will it affect the regulars at gamble - Not sure how as hosts will still make money off of people who choose to go to gamble.

You say that it won't stop people and that it is similar to warnings - These do stop some people, not all but some yes. But it also provides a path for people to stop, as it "is giving them time to think". For example say your tired, playing the game at around 01:24am (lol) people that are tired (like myself) are more willing to just go "Screw this im bored, yolo!" and lose all their money. Only to regret their actions as they are tired. Now if this was implemented I may have just gone "Ffs 2fa, oh ye i need to stop gambling".

Now, please don't waste your time replying as I put around 5 minutes into writing this and reading your reply (Only as i believe you had some pretty solid points, and partially because i'm writing this at 1am) do believe essentially that this would not stop many people (not a contradictive statement if you read what i wrote) and would also waste time on updating the game.

P.S Please don't reply as you have already made your points and it will just trigger me to reply again which i don't want to do lol XD

Just want to request a close, as i feel this platform is not very adequate for such as detailed debate, and all points that could of been made have been made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)