Photo

So.. about "Money Sinks" & this "TAX"...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:37 AM #21

Day by Day
Donator

Day by Day

• Time spent:
      1d 14h 56m 50s

• Total level:

What about an instant noter aswell?

Some kind of magic box you can have in your inventory to note items when you're not close to a bank.

The pay-fee could be related to the quality of the item(s) you wish to note. (Guam - Torstol / Tin - Runite)

I'm not sure if this is something that could be useful. If not I'm all here to bump the thread.

Support was given to the original post

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:43 AM #22

Bloo2
User

Bloo2

• Time spent:
      18d 21h 7m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

Really good idea Support 100%, for too long has the gambler npc done nothing he should sell mithril seeds for around 400-500k ea and rule books for both flower poker and dice game to help out the players wanting to learn about them.
as a dice host I usually get about 10 or so people a day asking me about those, not really needed so much as theres the thread but just another idea to add to the shop :)

22c8c1abae7b350aa5e29d9bb0d54037.gif

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:07 PM #23

Nitsua
Super Donator

Nitsua

• Time spent:
      24d 7h 15m 37s

• Total level:

What about an instant noter aswell?

Some kind of magic box you can have in your inventory to note items when you're not close to a bank.

The pay-fee could be related to the quality of the item(s) you wish to note. (Guam - Torstol / Tin - Runite)

I'm not sure if this is something that could be useful. If not I'm all here to bump the thread.

Support was given to the original post

Hmmm. I guess it could come in helpful with certain farming runes & collecting dragon bones

Really good idea Support 100%, for too long has the gambler npc done nothing he should sell mithril seeds for around 400-500k ea and rule books for both flower poker and dice game to help out the players wanting to learn about them.
as a dice host I usually get about 10 or so people a day asking me about those, not really needed so much as theres the thread but just another idea to add to the shop :)

That's an interesting idea, I like it.

"You never quit Runescape, you're only afk."

Posted Image

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:54 PM #24

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

No gold sink is ever going to compete with the insane amount of gp generated by thieving/caskets/ensouled heads on a daily basis.

The "tax" is probably the best attempt as it will scale with inflation.

I support the seed shop, but I think the price should be revisited as the value of gp decreases, leaving the donation store as the preferable means to acquire them (so the server stays alive and all that jazz).

EDIT: Another method to remove some gold from the game could be charging people to use the teleport wizard. Charging for travel is a common gold sink in many MMORPGs.

Maybe make the price increase exponentially based on total level, so it isn't really detrimental to new players, but for higher total level players the cost is noticeable but fair, possibly 50-100k per tp?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:53 PM #25

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

added to main suggestions 

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)