9 replies to this topic

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:28 AM #1

Frogmen
User

Frogmen

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 5m 14s

• Total level:

Try to make your transactions by trade,especially if you are buying something. Usually someone will sell it to you quickly if you advertise. Fuck this BS tax. Hopefully more and more people start trading and avoiding the TP, which will make it dead content and hopefully get this tax reverted. And for all you marchers out there, this really fucked you up.

6133746ebd3049b22f9c9d98ffcba76f.jpg

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:37 AM #2

Nitsua
Super Donator

Nitsua

• Time spent:
      24d 7h 15m 37s

• Total level:

DUMP THE TEA MATEYS 

"You never quit Runescape, you're only afk."

Posted Image

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:59 AM #3

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well, if you studied history you'd probably know that the colonists were more pissed at the fact that the Tea Act actually repealed the tax previously set on British tea and gave the East India Company a basic monopoly on tea. Tea smugglers were pissed cause that meant that their smuggled tea would be worth less in market since British tea wasn't as expensive as before. The no taxation without representation wasn't them asking for representation in Parliament, it was an attempt to push for a separate legislation branch controlled by the colonists.... 

Basically, if the colonists were to have their way, they'd ask for a higher tax actually. So therefore, just by looking at this thread, I don't think you really understand how taxes work...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:15 AM #4

Historia
Ex-Staff

Historia

• Time spent:
      45d 23h 18m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

The taxes are simply there to take some money out of the economy, nothing to really get your knickers in a twist for, honestly. 

And for all you marchers out there, 

March on! 
marching.gif

aaaaahri1.png

The darkest night makes for the brightest stars.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:54 AM #5

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

It won't take any money out if people stop using the TP

Are you talking to me?

You're the one that plastered the huge picture saying No Taxation Without Representation, I'm just putting you in your place before you misuse history.

It won't take any money out if people stop using the TP

When did I ever fucking mention the Tea Act? Dumbcunt

That's what the No Taxation Without Representation movement was about.... and since you're arguing for lower taxes uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... yeah I think you're just embarrassing yourself now, open up a history textbook sometime....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:00 PM #6

Frogmen
User

Frogmen

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 5m 14s

• Total level:

You're the one that plastered the huge picture saying No Taxation Without Representation, I'm just putting you in your place before you misuse history.

That's what the No Taxation Without Representation movement was about.... and since you're arguing for lower taxes uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... yeah I think you're just embarrassing yourself now, open up a history textbook sometime....

The slogan was used to show the injustice for ANY taxes imposed on the Colonists by a British Parliament that had no-one representing the Colonies.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:09 PM #7

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

The slogan was used to show the injustice for ANY taxes imposed on the Colonists by a British Parliament that had no-one representing the Colonies.

Again, it wasn't because there was nobody representing the colonists but instead it was because the colonists believed that the British government could not understand life in America since they were so far away and the travelling for representatives would be too costly. The colonists didn't want "representation" in Parliament, they wanted their own legislative body that would be separate from Parliament. But you can't necessarily make the same claim for Alora because the staff members play the game too, and they ultimately made the decision. It's not as if there's an ocean between the players and the staff team. In addition to that, going back to my last point, they were more angry at the fact that the East India Company would get a total monopoly on tea, which would hurt the economy of a large part of the colonies, aka smuggling. They weren't angry about the tax itself but instead the legislation around it to decrease the tax (which is contradicting your points since I'm pretty sure you want to remove the tax). The last part, the colonists believed that they were guaranteed rights from the Magna Carta that ensured that citizens of Great Britain were to possess civil rights, including representation. Last time I checked, there was no guarantee of that in the rules or anything related to Alora. Unless you were to hold down Blank and force him to sign something saying the players were to have a say in every decision, there's no basis for  your argument.

Plus it's 5%, it barely hurts the economy and helps the server in the long run. I can't believe you're complaining about 5%....

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:13 PM #8

Frogmen
User

Frogmen

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 5m 14s

• Total level:

Again, it wasn't because there was nobody representing the colonists but instead it was because the colonists believed that the British government could not understand life in America since they were so far away and the travelling for representatives would be too costly. The colonists didn't want "representation" in Parliament, they wanted their own legislative body that would be separate from Parliament. But you can't necessarily make the same claim for Alora because the staff members play the game too, and they ultimately made the decision. It's not as if there's an ocean between the players and the staff team. In addition to that, going back to my last point, they were more angry at the fact that the East India Company would get a total monopoly on tea, which would hurt the economy of a large part of the colonies, aka smuggling. They weren't angry about the tax itself but instead the legislation around it to decrease the tax (which is contradicting your points since I'm pretty sure you want to remove the tax). The last part, the colonists believed that they were guaranteed rights from the Magna Carta that ensured that citizens of Great Britain were to possess civil rights, including representation. Last time I checked, there was no guarantee of that in the rules or anything related to Alora. Unless you were to hold down Blank and force him to sign something saying the players were to have a say in every decision, there's no basis for  your argument.

Plus it's 5%, it barely hurts the economy and helps the server in the long run. I can't believe you're complaining about 5%....

It was TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. The Colonies,without an elected representative in Parliament, were subject to taxation by the British. Just read the slogan. I don't understand how this is so hard to understand. Here it is one more time: The British taxed the colonies without giving the colonies a say = taxation without representation. They were taxed without a representative. Period.

Also, the staff of Alora do not represent the players. The staff supporting the tax does not mean the players do.

No, we never signed any kind of agreement with Blank that guarantees us any rights. But there is something allowed called feedback.The owners and the staff are supposed to serve the players and listen to their needs. If the players are disgruntled by this new feature, then the owners should remove it.

5% adds up, and money on Alora does not come easy. If I buy prims for 100m(105m incl. tax) and sell them back for the same trade price(100m), I lose 5m. Then I want to buy ACB for 80m(84m) and decide to sell it back for the same trade price(80m), losing 4m. Just those 2 transactions lost me 9m which adds up when you buy and sell other items.

Also, the tax can  be easily avoided if more players decide to trade each other instead of using the TP, which I think will become more common in the future.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:46 PM #9

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

It was TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. The Colonies,without an elected representative in Parliament, were subject to taxation by the British. Just read the slogan. I don't understand how this is so hard to understand. Here it is one more time: The British taxed the colonies without giving the colonies a say = taxation without representation. They were taxed without a representative. Period.

Also, the staff of Alora do not represent the players. The staff supporting the tax does not mean the players do.

No, we never signed any kind of agreement with Blank that guarantees us any rights. But there is something allowed called feedback.The owners and the staff are supposed to serve the players and listen to their needs. If the players are disgruntled by this new feature, then the owners should remove it.

5% adds up, and money on Alora does not come easy. If I buy prims for 100m(105m incl. tax) and sell them back for the same trade price(100m), I lose 5m. Then I want to buy ACB for 80m(84m) and decide to sell it back for the same trade price(80m), losing 4m. Just those 2 transactions lost me 9m which adds up when you buy and sell other items.

Also, the tax can  be easily avoided if more players decide to trade each other instead of using the TP, which I think will become more common in the future.

The colonists did not want a direct representative in the British government, they wanted something completely separate. So, in comparison to Alora, that's as if you're petitioning for there to be a separate government body in the community that is separate from the laws of the staff team.... There's literally no way you can use "Taxation Without Representation" as an argument because the whole point of the movement was to try to create a new legislative body exclusive to colonists. It's not that the colonists were saying "The tax is unfair because it takes away our money", it was them saying "The tax is unfair because the British parliament doesn't have the legal grounds to tax us". But here, the staff team and whoever is enforcing the tax has every right to, as you said there's no written agreement like the English Bill of Rights, and your whole argument is protesting the tax because it's taking your money. That's completely different from what the colonists advocated for so I suggest you really understand American history instead of using it as an excuse to pretend that there's some kind of injustice here.

It may add up, but there's a reason it's supposed to, it's not a gold sink for nothing. If you think about a supply and demand graph, what happens to the economy as more items are introduced into the game? The supply moves to the right and increases in quantity. Without a tax, demand would stay the same and you'd see inflation, which isn't good for the economy. Eventually we'd see items regularly sold at 1b+ with multiple max cash stacks, I've seen this before. But if you introduce a tax on the buyer, that would force the demand to shift to the left and decrease the quantity demanded. The equilibrium would be preserved leaving the price and quantity relatively the same, or at least better than if you didn't have a tax. What does this mean? That means you losing money would be good for the server and I don't think anybody really gives a flying fuck if you lose money. In the long run, the server is better off which is more important than ruining the economy to make sure that merchers make a quick buck. That means that if you continue to push for a flawed cause for your own selfish desires, the staff team and the game has no obligation to listen to your "feedback". Having your feedback considered is more than enough to ask for. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:23 PM #10

Frogmen
User

Frogmen

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 5m 14s

• Total level:

The colonists did not want a direct representative in the British government, they wanted something completely separate. So, in comparison to Alora, that's as if you're petitioning for there to be a separate government body in the community that is separate from the laws of the staff team.... There's literally no way you can use "Taxation Without Representation" as an argument because the whole point of the movement was to try to create a new legislative body exclusive to colonists. It's not that the colonists were saying "The tax is unfair because it takes away our money", it was them saying "The tax is unfair because the British parliament doesn't have the legal grounds to tax us". But here, the staff team and whoever is enforcing the tax has every right to, as you said there's no written agreement like the English Bill of Rights, and your whole argument is protesting the tax because it's taking your money. That's completely different from what the colonists advocated for so I suggest you really understand American history instead of using it as an excuse to pretend that there's some kind of injustice here.

It may add up, but there's a reason it's supposed to, it's not a gold sink for nothing. If you think about a supply and demand graph, what happens to the economy as more items are introduced into the game? The supply moves to the right and increases in quantity. Without a tax, demand would stay the same and you'd see inflation, which isn't good for the economy. Eventually we'd see items regularly sold at 1b+ with multiple max cash stacks, I've seen this before. But if you introduce a tax on the buyer, that would force the demand to shift to the left and decrease the quantity demanded. The equilibrium would be preserved leaving the price and quantity relatively the same, or at least better than if you didn't have a tax. What does this mean? That means you losing money would be good for the server and I don't think anybody really gives a flying fuck if you lose money. In the long run, the server is better off which is more important than ruining the economy to make sure that merchers make a quick buck. That means that if you continue to push for a flawed cause for your own selfish desires, the staff team and the game has no obligation to listen to your "feedback". Having your feedback considered is more than enough to ask for. 

I'm not going to argue about the whole Colonists stuff because it really doesn't contribute anything to my point. I used the slogan legitimately in this context. Case closed.

The economy is supposed to grow. More players will come and thus more items are needed. Taxation works in real life because the money eventually gets redistributed. On this server, the money taxed is gone. This will make the economy unstable. Item prices will be at risk of extreme fluctuations due to some people selling taxed items through TP

and others selling non-taxed items through player trade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)