Photo

Content Poll: Fossil Island, Construction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Content Poll (129 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you like to be released first?

1. Fossil Island (28 votes [21.71%])

Percentage of vote: 21.71%

2. Construction (101 votes [78.29%])

Percentage of vote: 78.29%

Vote

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:01 AM #21

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

All you voting construction, is there a reason why? what're you expecting from it what we don't already have in-game, you're not really giving reasons as to why you're voting for it over new content which can help player-base.

Besides building a room/chair and sitting in it all day.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm expecting. And that weirdly enough is exactly what I'm looking forward to.
Bringing a market to currently useless boss drops is also an incentive.

Does the skill bring anything more to the game than fire-making or agility? No, not really, But is that really a decent excuse to continue putting it off indefinitely. You have to remember that construction has been coming soon™ for about 9months or something now, and the server has over 1800 "maxed" players all sitting around with 1 construction, and I'm not even including Ironmen/HCIM/UIM/Classic maxed accounts.

Fossil island is cool and all, but as previously mentioned, I think it would be better to wait a while, let Jagex iron out any problems themselves and finish construction in the meantime to make everyone happy. I am a fan of new content too, I think it's fresh and exciting, but when it is paired with a game that is missing some fundamentals it eventually just becomes annoying.

I voted on con because I value fixing/adding existing content before adding new content ontop.
If it were up to me I would prefer Omicron just worked through this list http://www.alora.io/...ggested-topics/ to make the game more full and enjoyable to play before releasing more content. 

TL: DR I would prefer Omicron finish the update he is already working on (supposedly) and then tackle fossil island afterwards.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:12 AM #22

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

100% Construction.

Just get the update out of the way! It's been pushed back for so long now :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:15 AM #23

Ill max soon
User

Ill max soon

• Time spent:
      22d 9h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yes, that is exactly what I'm expecting. And that weirdly enough is exactly what I'm looking forward to.

Does the skill bring anything more to the game than fire-making or agility? No, not really, But is that really a decent excuse to continue putting it off indefinitely. You have to remember that construction has been coming soon™ for about 9months or something now, and the server has over 1800 "maxed" players all sitting around with 1 construction, and I'm not even including Ironmen/HCIM/UIM/Classic maxed accounts.

Fossil island is cool and all, but as previously mentioned, I think it would be better to wait a while, let Jagex iron out any problems themselves and finish construction in the meantime to make everyone happy. I am a fan of new content too, I think it's fresh and exciting, but when it is paired with a game that is missing some fundamentals it eventually just becomes annoying.

I voted on con because I value fixing/adding existing content before adding new content ontop.
If it were up to me I would prefer Omicron just worked through this list http://www.alora.io/...ggested-topics/ to make the game more full and enjoyable to play before releasing more content. 

TL: DR I would prefer Omicron finish the update he is already working on (supposedly) and then tackle fossil island afterwards.

it's more of taking things away from regular players and donators and adding it to a skill level total, many people have voted just to jump on the 'add construction' bandwagon without even thinking it through.

Sure it gives people the incentive to sell planks ect, but so many are hoarding them.

This is just going to create a market for those hording thousands of them which inturn gives them profit & leaves other people pissed off because they can no longer restore their spec because it was removed for construction.

i just don't see the point in adding construction it brings nothing new to the table, where as other content which you linked or fossil island, is new content and can bring people in.

No longer playing 'ill max soon' my focus is on maxing my Classic.

Classic Account Name = ClassicMax

them-watching.gif

44Sw9Lj.png svteAVj.png

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:03 PM #24

sklp
Donator

sklp
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 39m 48s

• Total level:

Let's get construction sorted and then develop the fossil island idea I think. 

• Hex likes this

IGN : Sklp

CC: Ironman OG

:ph34r:

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:52 PM #25

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

i just don't see the point in adding construction it brings nothing new to the table, where as other content which you linked or fossil island, is new content and can bring people in.

have you seen how big fossil island is, that's a lot of dev time if we want it to be well done.

I would vote for seed box > fossil island

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:38 PM #26

Nitsua
Super Donator

Nitsua

• Time spent:
      24d 7h 15m 37s

• Total level:

I would say Construction just because it's been "in the works" for... months.

This new update OSRS released yesterday is bound to have tweaks to it.

So, why not finish what I presume is already started? O_O

Seems like a no brainer

"You never quit Runescape, you're only afk."

Posted Image

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:33 AM #27

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Can we poll this as well?

If it were up to me I would prefer Omicron just worked through this list http://www.alora.io/forums/topic/22229-read-here-previously-suggested-topics/ to make the game more full and enjoyable to play before releasing more content. 

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:36 AM #28

Espresso
Donator

Espresso

• Time spent:
      9d 53m 54s

• Total level:

Being the first to have Fossil island on a private server would be a pretty big thing to be able to advertise, but then again I've never played a server that actually had working construction (that wasn't a buggy half assed mess), so I have to go with construction.

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:33 AM #29

Ill max soon
User

Ill max soon

• Time spent:
      22d 9h 44m 5s

• Total level:
    Awards

have you seen how big fossil island is, that's a lot of dev time if we want it to be well done.

I would vote for seed box > fossil island

Yea it would be a big job, without a doubt with big bugs too. i myself would rather him go through the suggestion list but since construction/fossil island is a thing now it's what players want i guess.

No longer playing 'ill max soon' my focus is on maxing my Classic.

Classic Account Name = ClassicMax

them-watching.gif

44Sw9Lj.png svteAVj.png

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:19 PM #30

User

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

From what I seen, Fossil Island is simply mid-tier content. On a runescape private server like Alora, this would maybe be useful for only the hard game modes, such as classic and hcim. I hope I'm not speaking for myself, but we, the community have been waiting for this construction update for months, so I voted for construction to be our next major update. I don't think I've seen a single rsps with fully coded construction, and from what I remember Omicron will make it fully functional. 

I just don't see how fossil island will bring many players in, but instead Omicron should keep his promise and release construction.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:43 PM #31

Say Waah
Donator

Say Waah
Clan: Gods Plan

• Time spent:
      5d 6h 7m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

Construction because A friend died to fossil island #rip whitecat22 :(

q2KxgyC.png

TtMCZUu.gifOld Skool BabyTtMCZUu.gif

#republic#

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:22 AM #32

Doctor Drew
User

Doctor Drew

• Time spent:
      16d 6h 56m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

The outcome of this poll will be what I focus on for the next major update. 

I personally think Fossil Island would be awesome to get out first, as it would attract new players and keep current players enticed as well. Construction is nothing new in RSPS of course.

When I joined I was told con was about to come out... now look where we are still waiting on con. If you're not going to release it for a while give us a date and stick to it or don't say shit about it please. If I max and it isn't out yet I'll have no reason to play.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:42 AM #33

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

I would love to see construction, this would bring you in line with the other servers that already offer this functionality.There is already plenty of PvM content so lets introduce the new skill.

Posted Image

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:00 AM #34

Dishearted
Banned

Dishearted

Clan: #LoneWolf

• Time spent:
      5d 9h 34m 33s

• Total level:
Construction because we need the last skill my ocd is going crazy
Posted Image
Awards:
Spoiler

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:21 AM #35

Error
Veteran

Error

• Time spent:
      88d 15h 5m 21s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's clear the community would prefer to see Construction first.

Thank you to those who participated in the poll!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 47 user(s)