Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:42 PM #1

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

So - it happened.

Got an infraction for sharing my thoughts by posting - "Supporting" on a suggestion. Supposedly spamming, but whatever - not going to lose sleep over it.

My suggestion:

Rather than throwing around warnings about 1 word posts giving feedback to community posts; why not make a mandatory poll for all new suggestions for people to total up the number of supporters AND THEN use the comments for feedback? 

• Less administration from moderators (since I presume posts are reviewed before warnings are sent)
  • Accurate reporting on what features players actually want
  • Feedback on the suggestion in the comments to enhance the feature

---

Maybe this is just me being sour for a giving some feedback to the community and getting a negative response from staff but please consider this and take a positive out of it. I do this kind of stuff for a living and it will help with your roadmap for releases and fixes.

Posted Image

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:01 PM #2

ClassicMax
User

ClassicMax

• Time spent:
      23d 21h 29m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Polls could be good but, multiple people can make new accounts to rig a poll.

Where as the forum support/not support on a suggestion post, we can see who actually wants it and why.

As you're meant to leave a reason on not supporting or supporting it, so in ideally i don't support this coming into pass just for the fact you can rig a poll.

BfzhClO.gif

AReaUae.png

xdwVHBG.pngzZrpyKr.png

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:27 PM #3

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:
I completely get your point, but analysing the way that the server works at the moment it seems that it is in a gated system which would prevent poll rigging.

- Gate 1: Flayer feedback, yes I like the idea - no I disagree with the idea; votes are cast and it gives a ballpark figure of interest
- Gate 2: From what I see this is normally 2 swords; gives it the yes/no presumably after discussing this with the other support and stakeholders on the server
- Gate 3: The big guns; can this be developed? What are the benefits to the server, USPS and how will this affect growth?

Player feedback through polls, even rigged results play a very small part in the final outcome.

Thanks for your input though; I appreciate your concerns!

Posted Image

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:43 PM #4

ClassicMax
User

ClassicMax

• Time spent:
      23d 21h 29m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

- Gate 2: From what I see this is normally 2 swords; gives it the yes/no presumably after discussing this with the other support and stakeholders on the server

I just wanna bring this up, if the suggestion has not been asked before and not on this list

http://www.alora.io/...ggested-topics/

Then it will get added to that list, unless it's something ridiculous like a lightsaber. So if it does get a yes/no from 2swords and get's denied it's usually one of those two reasons ^ i don't think he dismisses valued suggestions.

Which then Omi can take a look through and add some suggestions.

If the polls couldn't be rigged then i'd be for it, but i also like to see people comment why they'd like it in the game.

But with that being said there's no poll system currently in place so we'll have to see if anyone else agrees with this suggestion :)

BfzhClO.gif

AReaUae.png

xdwVHBG.pngzZrpyKr.png

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:46 PM #5

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:
I'm all for lightsabers Let's see what the other feedback is, we can go backwards and forwards for hours but it's 00:45am and I've got to do this for a living tomorrow!

Posted Image

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:38 PM #6

Hex
Ironman

Hex

• Time spent:
      82d 9h 18m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support.

I'm assuming the polls would just act as a display of user reaction to the suggestion, not an actual vote to pass/not-pass a suggestion.

Obviously, a lot of suggestions are just things that make the game considerably easier but are probably not in the best interest of the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:11 PM #7

Varus
Super Donator

Varus

• Time spent:
      3d 1h 52m 24s

• Total level:

Child Support.

DtTuJdA.png

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:50 PM #8

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea of polls but I don't think it'll be as good as the feed back people give in the comments of a topic. Try and refrain from giving one-word replies to suggestions, or even topics. I'm sure you can think of something more thanjust 'support' to say for most things that appeal to you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:33 AM #9

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

I'm sure you can think of something more thanjust 'support' to say for most things that appeal to you!

Honestly just reading most of the comments they are along the lines of "Support, I think this is a good idea" or "Support, this will be helpful" - unless you are giving constructive feedback on the subject, it's just as bad as typing "Support".

@ Hex I see what you did there  :huh:  :D

Posted Image

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:37 AM #10

2 swords
Classic

2 swords

• Time spent:
      12d 22h 49m 34s

• Total level:

Requiring mandatory polls isn't the answer - not to mention people could just add ridiculous poll options, like 1.) yes and 2.) yes

Just don't one word post, not to mention warnings mean nothing - they go away quite quickly. 

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Main Account - Syntax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)