6 replies to this topic

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:00 AM #1

D Scimmy
Super Donator

D Scimmy

• Time spent:
      15d 20h 53m 43s

• Total level:
Although this deals with the forums, I’m going to leave this as a game suggestion.

I have looked into the Forum Loyalty Program and although there are somewhat decent rewards, I think there may be a few things that can be done to increase the amount of active users contributing to the forum community.

Don’t get me wrong, I love interacting with the people I do on the forums, but I would love to see tons of new faces commenting on my threads as well as other threads.

I have noticed you receive Loyalty points in-game for forum posts. What if we juiced up the rewards for being involved in the forum community a bit?

Brainstormed Ideas:
-Cash/Item Rewards for Milestone postcount/time spent

-Players who dedicate their time to making detailed forums can submit their guide to a staff member who would be in charge of something like this after it has been out for awhile to “Verify” their work. After a certain amount of verified guides, a player can earn the in-game title “Alora Guide” along with some sort of item/cash reward for their hard work. Rewards could be a miscellaneous costume, equipable banner, or even a bond? I have different ways this could work, so let me know if this interests you.

-If there is someone on the staff team who excels in GFX (Which i believe there is) who is willing, worthy forum users can qualify for this staff member to create a signature for them. Nothing crazy but something somewhat neat.

I’d love to add to this list, please leave your ideas or feedback to this thread!

D Skimmeh
Gentleman, this...is...Democracy Manifest!

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:05 AM #2

ClassicMax
User

ClassicMax

• Time spent:
      23d 21h 29m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

I wouldn't put anything under post/time spent milestones as you can just leave your forums account logged in with something pressing f5 while you sleep, & gives people a reason to spam up the forums giving more work to forums staff.

Rewarding guide makers is a thing which would be interesting, if it's a rather detailed and good post i don't see why now we couldn't reward those who've taken their time to make a guide, Assuming they aren't repeated guides.

BfzhClO.gif

AReaUae.png

xdwVHBG.pngzZrpyKr.png

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:05 AM #3

Harvey1173
Super Donator

Harvey1173

• Time spent:
      18h 44m 46s

• Total level:

love the idea, I like titles on servers but this one doesn't have any :P support from me

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:15 AM #4

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Cash rewards for forum loyalty is terrible idea in my opinion. We have forum awards but it seems they are not handed over so easily which is something I'd like to see more of. More rewards and more awards handed out. Rather than receiving for making guides or w/e, I'd like to see players obtain REwards for obtaining Awards. Some ranks and miscellaneous things I'd like to see around the forums:

• Fix text and alignment on all ranks - OR -
    • Completely new design(s) for our rank images
  • Veteran award, rank and image
  • (Monthly) Gfx Designer winner, rank and award
  • Fix alignment on Uber Donator rank image
  • Alora Member of The Month
  • Post count ranks/titles; nothing stupid like rune armor (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • More awards (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • Discord improvements to increase activity (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • Improved Reputation (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • Poll icons next to username + icons in User Legend @ bottom of forums
  • Change 'Time spent' to 'Time Online'

Just to name a few. I am with you about wanting to see the forums gain a bit more activity. Let's not forget 90%+ of the playerbase came here to play Alora and not lurk forums like us. For those that do spend our time on the forums, if not more than in the game, I'd love love love to see some love here as well.

Edit: I realize I led astray the fact this is regarding Loyalty Points. Sorry, I got a little carried away there. 

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:38 AM #5

D Scimmy
Super Donator

D Scimmy

• Time spent:
      15d 20h 53m 43s

• Total level:

Cash rewards for forum loyalty is terrible idea in my opinion. We have forum awards but it seems they are not handed over so easily which is something I'd like to see more of. More rewards and more awards handed out. Rather than receiving for making guides or w/e, I'd like to see players obtain REwards for obtaining Awards. Some ranks and miscellaneous things I'd like to see around the forums:

• Fix text and alignment on all ranks - OR -
    • Completely new design(s) for our rank images
  • Veteran award, rank and image
  • (Monthly) Gfx Designer winner, rank and award
  • Fix alignment on Uber Donator rank image
  • Alora Member of The Month
  • Post count ranks/titles; nothing stupid like rune armor (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • More awards (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • Discord improvements to increase activity (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • Improved Reputation (this would have to be a suggestion on its own)
  • Poll icons next to username + icons in User Legend @ bottom of forums
  • Change 'Time spent' to 'Time Online'

Just to name a few. I am with you about wanting to see the forums gain a bit more activity. Let's not forget 90%+ of the playerbase came here to play Alora and not lurk forums like us. For those that do spend our time on the forums, if not more than in the game, I'd love love love to see some love here as well.

Edit: I realize I led astray the fact this is regarding Loyalty Points. Sorry, I got a little carried away there. 

All good, I asked for feedback and that is what I got. I can see the cash being a bad idea, however the goal of my suggestion was to increase quality forum users and I feel like the only way to get pro-game anti-forum players to start using forums is to offer boosted/not over the top rewards/awards like you've stated.

Gentleman, this...is...Democracy Manifest!

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:13 AM #6

Iconised
User

Iconised

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 58s

• Total level:

Loving posts from Wreckage and the feedback from D Scimmy.

The problem with adding a cash reward is the balance in the economy. Trading Post tax has only recently been reduced which in my eyes has boosted the economy slightly, putting more money into the game. If we added any more money, this may need to be hiked again to compensate. This said, with the addition of construction there is a HUGE money sink on resources (non-exclusive/donor).

I would personally like to see more cosmetics awarded, ones that have a bit of feel. I've passed the first milestone and got my barrel and hill giant club BUT it feels a little pointless and looks stupid. A revision is definitely needed and I would like to see this up as a poll for the community to decide the item reward.

Posted Image

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:13 AM #7

Postimees
Uber Donator

Postimees
Clan: #papi

• Time spent:
      111d 14h 34m 7s

• Total level:
    Awards

No plans for this at least now, might reconsider in future.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

<p class='bbc_center'>Posted Image</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)