Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

So today I was ingame and I received the following Pm:

f2--z1AjQuSlGSgSohbEmQ.png

This made me feel somewhat bad. Mostly because I was a bit strict when I was with a crown next to my name. Anyhow I do not know what this user did to receive the mute but it's been at-least 8 months since I was a moderator. I feel that small punishments such as mutes for minor things(flaming\bickering) should expire after sometime like forum infraction do.

Now i'm not talking about players who advertise or commit any kind of severe rule break. But for the stuff mentioned above I believe a 4 - 6 month time period for them to expire should be fair. I'm only posting this from my point of you judging how there are a few times in which I will agree I went a bit to harsh. I guess this can be up to the administration in the end. Just wanted to get this out and get opinions.

Posted Image

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:25 PM #2

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Depends on the violation that was committed, if it was well-deserving of a permanent mute, then it should remain a permanent mute. 

Considering you were demoted for excessive punishments, I'd be concerned if the people who deemed your punishments too harsh did not revert a lot of them. If this person received a legitimate mute backed by reason,  I don't see an issue.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:37 PM #3

uTorrent
Super Donator

uTorrent

• Time spent:
      164d 17h 18m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is kind of already something that we do but on an individual basis. IE a player who was permanently muted for a month or two appeals and as a team we agree to give the player a second chance. This is obviously only done if we truly believe that the player has "changed" and is no longer problematic. This almost exclusively applies to mutes, but yeah. I  personally think that this system is more beneficial than automatically "expiring" a previous warning.

Edit: Fixing some of the wording..it seemed weird.

Posted Image

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:43 PM #4

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is kind of already something that we do but on an individual basis. IE a player who was permanently muted for a month or two appeals and as a team we believe they have changed and will no longer be problematic has been given a final chance. This almost exclusively applies to mutes, but yeah. I  personally think that this system is more beneficial than automatically "expiring" a previous warning.

I agree with you on that to a certain degree. But like I said, it's just a suggestion do to the recent events that happened. It lead me to believe that you guys weren't doing what you just mentioned and my OCD kicked in to get that fixed.

Posted Image

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:01 PM #5

Kimiko
Classic

Kimiko

• Time spent:
      3d 20h 51m 42s

• Total level:

I would have to say that the appeal system works out better.

Each person differs from the next in terms of severity, past offences and I guess how apologetic they are

It also adds a nice little human touch knowing someone is handling your appeal personally

Can't this person pm'ing you just appeal for their mute anyway? >.o

3K5U8tG.png

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:42 PM #6

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Appeals have always seemed to work and I don't think there should be an expiry on recorded punishments in the past. Even though people may seem to 'change' as well, they can always go back to the same person they once were.

If you robbed a bank 20 years ago, and today you are a role model, doesn't mean you didn't rob a bank.

No Support.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:05 AM #7

B a n d o
Extreme Donator

B a n d o

• Time spent:
      7d 4h 23m 50s

• Total level:

Appeals have always seemed to work and I don't think there should be an expiry on recorded punishments in the past. Even though people may seem to 'change' as well, they can always go back to the same person they once were.

If you robbed a bank 20 years ago, and today you are a role model, doesn't mean you didn't rob a bank.

No Support.

Exactly what I thought.

No support from me either.

KxRtUkx.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)