6 replies to this topic

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:10 PM #1

Silencer
User

Silencer

• Time spent:
      6d 9h 56m 32s

• Total level:

Like the title says, Twisted Bow is the Best-in-slot bow for absolutely nothing in this server.

Some will say that it's great for Raids. That's where you're wrong. I easily out-DPS Tbow users in raids with ruby bolts and blowpipe. If you ruby bolt spec ONCE on olm claw and hit a 260, Tbow will have to hit its max damage 2.5 times just to match that damage. And then when a monster is low hp, blowpipe rune darts does wonders. This absolutely kills the goal of trying to make money and get your first twisted bow.

Concerning outside of raids, it is absolutely not best-in-slot for anything. At Bandos, twisted bow gets out-DPSed by sub-optimal melee gear. At Commander Zilyana, You need to be at close range, and a crystal halberd will always out-DPS twisted as well. There is nothing to use it for, except maybe doing mage arena II with the bow, which should give the about as much usefulness as a god staff.

1. The bow should have significant uses in many areas of the game. It should be best-in-slot for many bosses outside of raids.

2. It should also be able to outDPS a rune crossbow with ruby bolts.

BUFF THE BOW. MAKE IT MORE USEFUL THAN A GOD STAFF.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:48 PM #2

Poor Level 3
User

Poor Level 3
Clan: Help / Alora

• Time spent:
      29d 6h 37m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

You know, I actually support this, I took the bow to the Bandos Godwars Dungeon and was surprisingly outdamaged for almost all of my kills against a rune crossbow and a blowpipe which was pretty embarassing, a 3,000,000,000 coin bow getting outdamaged by probably 50k of range gear, just doesn't make sense.

I like the suggestion.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:49 PM #3

Wedz
User

Wedz
Clan: #PSO

• Time spent:
      10d 3h 55m 19s

• Total level:
    Awards
It needs a slight buff in accuracy but in terms of max hit it's fine - it's good that most bosses have high Mage levels.

lLL3Rfd.png

Visit: | Bank Progress |  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:58 PM #4

Syntax
Master Donator

Syntax

• Time spent:
      71d 13h 31m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

it's def BIS for the melee claw, it rips massive dps on it once you use all 3 c hally specs

and bandos can be fought solo w/ tbow and the boss doesn't chase after you if you stand where the door is and click the boss after you've killed it once for some reason which is nice, you only have to tank the minions

I'm not saying it doesn't need a buff but to say it's not BIS for some things is a lie.

It's more accurate over the course of a raid than an arma cbow. Blowpipe is def better for some areas though.

Omicron also said it can be used for the new mage arena 2 quest, but it could be garbage I haven't tried it.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:20 PM #5

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Yeah the day you're out-dps'ing #papi raids with a blowpipe you let me know.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:43 PM #6

Silencer
User

Silencer

• Time spent:
      6d 9h 56m 32s

• Total level:

it's def BIS for the melee claw, it rips massive dps on it once you use all 3 c hally specs

and bandos can be fought solo w/ tbow and the boss doesn't chase after you if you stand where the door is and click the boss after you've killed it once for some reason which is nice, you only have to tank the minions

I'm not saying it doesn't need a buff but to say it's not BIS for some things is a lie.

It's more accurate over the course of a raid than an arma cbow. Blowpipe is def better for some areas though.

Omicron also said it can be used for the new mage arena 2 quest, but it could be garbage I haven't tried it.

1. The 3 c hally specs are better than tbow shots, but of course, the specs run out, so I'll agree there, that it's better than c hally non-spec attacks. However, it is debatable whether or not tent-defender can out-DPS the bow here.

2. That is very insignificant. It will still get out-DPSed by casual melee gear. That doesn't make it best-in-slot. That just gives it potential for safespot, which can be done to at least an equal degree with a blowpipe.

3. It's only better than an armadyl crossbow if you keep failing to ruby spec. This is pretty insignificant advantage for a 3b bow.

4. I already mentioned the mage arena II advantage. That's why I said, "MAKE IT MORE USEFUL THAN A GODSTAFF."

The advantages of the bow are not only insignificant, but can be VERY easily worked around. This is not the case in OSRS. In OSRS, the bow is OP AF in raids, OP AF at sara boss, OP AF at brutal black dragons, USEFUL AF at Zulrah, etc. Alora does not have an equivalent for that usefulness of the most expensive and strongest item in OSRS.

Yeah the day you're out-dps'ing #papi raids with a blowpipe you let me know.

I'm letting you know right now. After #papi raids, I'm always highest points, without even including the rope. Blowpipe, ACB/Buckler, hally, ruby bolts = ez outdps, while instead I should be getting crushed.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:04 PM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seeing as the Twisted Bow was recently buffed I'm am moving this suggestion to Handled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 49 user(s)