Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards
asf.png

Ok so after seeing this thread: http://www.alora.io/...ra/#entry136675

An Idea came to mind. Where clans can buy in for their clan for "X" amount of coins. This purchase would grant them a player rank on forums unique to their clan that would be given to their clan members. This would include a userbar like the following:

tngge.png

How to distribute userbar after purchase:  The clan leader or higher ranking clan members could give a list of clan members to an Alora Administrator so they can add them to the users corresponding with that specific clan.

Clan Benefits:  Purchasing the official clan title would make the clan an "Official Alorian Clan." Which would grant them access to select ONE team cape. There are currently 50 in our cache so this shouldn't be much of a problem.   

4413.png

Team cape would be limited to only be used by players that have the user-bar from the clan unlocked(pretty simply to do if done via rank). When in wilderness any clan member with the cape would appear as an orange dot instead of a purple. Barrage effects would not affect those with the clan team cape on, making barraging more useful for clan pking.

Future events?: If we get a couple official clans in the futures, maybe there can be "Alora clan events" such as pking\pvm events specifically for official clan with team prizes, ect. to boost the clanning aspect of the game.

This suggestion would boost clan activity, display something somewhat unique and serve as a money sink because of the clan admission fee.

Feel free to comment thoughts and or changes you'd make to this suggestion.

Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:04 PM #2

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Sounds like a cool idea. Not sure how this would actually work.

I feel like this goes away quite a lot from OSRS and where the server seems to be headed.

I'm gonna stay neutral and see what other people think about it.

*Edit:

I think what people have said is very true.

Right now on Alora there's not much interest in the pvp scene.

Revenant caves brought some action back to the server

but I don't see how this would work when most people are Ironmen.

People also managed to hit the nail on the fact that there's gonna be an admin

that updates people ranks every day after this release.

As to why this strays from OSRS,

Maybe the fact that there's no such thing as "official osrs clans" that have special benefits in-game.

I'm changing it to a No support. I'm sure this would be cool but I don't see how it could work on Alora.

Edited by Salter, 05 December 2017 - 05:36 AM.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:41 PM #3

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I feel like this goes away quite a lot from OSRS and where the server seems to be headed.

How does this drift away from osrs? We already have the team capes.. lol it's just a rank, a userbar and some technicality.

It's also something unique to the rsps scene.

Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:49 PM #4

Wreckage
Donator

Wreckage

• Time spent:
      56d 22h 52m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

The only thing that concerns me is how often Admins will have to add and remove players from these clans. I think it's a cool idea otherwise. 

Posted Image

Made by the lovely Coww

I have transitioned over to @ Endeavor

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:01 PM #5

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

The only thing that concerns me is how often Admins will have to add and remove players from these clans. I think it's a cool idea otherwise. 

If it's an average buy in say 350M, It's not something that's going to happen a lot at first.

Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:12 PM #6

Dishonest
Super Donator

Dishonest

• Time spent:
      56d 7h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I very much dislike this idea because excessive userbars are extremely tacky.
Esp if people are going to be duo/trio clanning different clans w/userbars.

Trashy RSPS typically do this and create a plethora of stupid ranks.
Alora has a very clean and straight forward way of operating user groups, and I think changing that to add specialized user groups isn't necessary and takes away from the clean simplistic look that we currently have.

Justifying this as a money sink is abysmal, as it would only serve less than 1% of the community for a trade off that was negative to the forums.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:02 PM #7

Gatsby
Legendary Donator

Gatsby
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      9d 3h 31m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea =]

Posted Image

Graphics Section

Need work done? Send me a private message on Discord: gatsby#7852

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:35 PM #8

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I very much dislike this idea because excessive userbars are extremely tacky.
Esp if people are going to be duo/trio clanning different clans w/userbars.
Trashy RSPS typically do this and create a plethora of stupid ranks.
Alora has a very clean and straight forward way of operating user groups, and I think changing that to add specialized user groups isn't necessary and takes away from the clean simplistic look that we currently have.

Justifying this as a money sink is abysmal, as it would only serve less than 1% of the community for a trade off that was negative to the forums.

Yo im not asking for colored ranks.. lol The usernames would stay as members. Its just the adition of the clan userbar under the profile picture. It's still clean and straight forward
Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:41 PM #9

Dishonest
Super Donator

Dishonest

• Time spent:
      56d 7h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yo im not asking for colored ranks.. lol The usernames would stay as members. Its just the adition of the clan userbar under the profile picture. It's still clean and straight forward

I understand this, but having 15 different pip's under your name looks extremely bad. 
A lot of trashy servers do this, and it's honestly cringey to look at.

You're in 'Barbie Super squad party 11'? Cool, you don't need your own personal pip to show that you're apart of said clan.
What you're asking can VERY EASILY be solved by a clan signature, with zero work required.

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:51 PM #10

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

No Support.

- Unnecessary

- Tacky

- Burden on Staff

- There's like two clans on Alora

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:56 PM #11

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

I understand this, but having 15 different pip's under your name looks extremely bad. 
A lot of trashy servers do this, and it's honestly cringey to look at.

You're in 'Barbie Super squad party 11'? Cool, you don't need your own personal pip to show that you're apart of said clan.
What you're asking can VERY EASILY be solved by a clan signature, with zero work required.

It would look something like this.

ieOH5a68T5CYgaec_-vOXg.png

Nobody can have more than two pip's atm unless they are staff. Regular players are limited to the regular pips(ironman,classic,hardcore) & the Donator ones.. so the most any player would have is three.

If you're part of an official Alora Clan, you can't be part of another without resigning from your current one.

Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:02 PM #12

Dishonest
Super Donator

Dishonest

• Time spent:
      56d 7h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

It would look something like this.

ieOH5a68T5CYgaec_-vOXg.png

Nobody can have more than two pip's atm unless they are staff. Regular players are limited to the regular pips(ironman,classic,hardcore) & the Donator ones.. so the most any player would have is three.

If you're part of an official Alora Clan, you can't be part of another without resigning from your current one.

Well that's extremely counter productive, what happens if you're part of a pking clan, but want to be part of a pvm clan while you're not pvping?
You're suddenly limited just because of a rule that you made up off the top of your head to defend your suggestion?

Regardless, what you're suggesting can be solved 100% by simply having a clan signature.
Heck, you can be in 20 different clans with 20 different clan sigs! 

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:05 PM #13

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well that's extremely counter productive, what happens if you're part of a pking clan, but want to be part of a pvm clan while you're not pvping?
You're suddenly limited just because of a rule that you made up off the top of your head to defend your suggestion?

Regardless, what you're suggesting can be solved 100% by simply having a clan signature.
Heck, you can be in 20 different clans with 20 different clan sigs! 

yeah but.. that itself would be extremely tacky. This suggestion was aimed more at the PVP clan aspect of alora. not the PVM.

I don't think a PVM clan would need a clan cape for pking if you catch my drift.

Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:11 PM #14

Fapple
Super Donator

Fapple

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 8m 35s

• Total level:

I do Support this idea, I think it would add another element to the server/community to make us unique, and stand out from other servers.  As for the clan user-bar, that looks pretty damn good. Wouldn't mind seeing who's actually in a clan rather than reading whatever they put as their 'clan' section on Edit Profile.

The only thing I have to say on this post, is why would it matter if Alora is drifting away from OSRS? Isn't the entire point of a private server to get away from mainstream OSRS? I mean, honestly if someone wanted to play OSRS they wouldn't come to a private server to do so...

b4aqzt.jpg

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:12 PM #15

Dishonest
Super Donator

Dishonest

• Time spent:
      56d 7h 43m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

yeah but.. that itself would be extremely tacky. This suggestion was aimed more at the PVP clan aspect of alora. not the PVM.

I don't think a PVM clan would need a clan cape for pking if you catch my drift.

Your signature space is meant to be YOUR space, you're not limited to what you put there as long as it's appropriate for all ages/legal.
Having this simply for PvP clans in a mainly ironman/pvm server makes even less sense. 

I personally used these two which took up no space and indicated I was in 2 clans, without it looking tacky.
Again, I still think this entire suggestion is nullified by the fact that you can simply use your provided signature space to add whatever clan you're in BY YOUR SELF, without the aid of a staff member.
yzBiK.png

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:18 PM #16

Jedzio
Super Donator

Jedzio

• Time spent:
      38d 4h 42m 57s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your signature space is meant to be YOUR space, you're not limited to what you put there as long as it's appropriate for all ages/legal.
Having this simply for PvP clans in a mainly ironman/pvm server makes even less sense. 

I personally used these two which took up no space and indicated I was in 2 clans, without it looking tacky.
Again, I still think this entire suggestion is nullified by the fact that you can simply use your provided signature space to add whatever clan you're in BY YOUR SELF, without the aid of a staff member.
yzBiK.png

I think you're taking this way out of proportion lol.. It's just a suggestion. You're against it. It's OK. I respect your opinion. I know this a PVM server.. I'm trying to bring more PVP aspects to it.

Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:27 PM #17

Mystogan
Veteran

Mystogan

• Time spent:
      45d 1h 33m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

No Support. I think @ Dishonest and @ Savitr addressed it pretty well. There's really no point and a sig would solve it. There's like two clans on Alora that would actually put in money towards this, now we have two "official" clans and all the rest are irrelevant. This is counterproductive to a community and probably a waste of time. It also introduces an extra duty to staff members that sees no net positive outcome. Unless there's a reason that this suggestion is superior over something simple as a signature, I see no point in it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:18 PM #18

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's a neat idea but it's gonna be no support from me. I think adding more userbars to forum profiles is just going to be to busy.

Also if you want people to know what clan you're in just put the name under the 'Clan' area of your profile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:22 AM #19

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

If they aren't going to implement new posting pips (that would be achieved by hitting post count milestones) I'm almost certain they won't implement what you have suggested.

I see where you're coming from though and it would be a nice addition I guess, however I just don't see this suggestion going anywhere anytime soon.

Let's see what other members of Alora have to say in regards to your suggestion. :P

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:42 AM #20

Worthless
Extreme Donator

Worthless

• Time spent:
      7d 3h 36m 34s

• Total level:

Unfortunately I have to agree with a few things that Dishonest and Savitr pointed out.
-Excessive user-bars and as Dylain pointed out, we're not getting user-bars for post counts so I don't see this taking off.
-Clan limitations.
-Two main PVP clans really.
-Adds yet another job to the staff team with them having to add and remove members from clans, on top of their current responsibilities, regardless of if it's a buy in.
-Senseless for the simple fact of, we have the Clan aspect to our profiles, plus our signature space to advertise our clan loyalties.

If I had to choose two of the above reasons, it would be the burden on our administration team on top of their current responsibilities. and the fact we have plenty of other ways to advertise loyalties without pestering staff to add/remove them from our profiles.

It's a NO from me, sorry, I agree with finding ways to bring more PVP aspects to the server, but showboating at the staff teams expense isn't one I can get on board with.

5cxd7r.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 1 user(s)