Photo

Pure Essence Farming (Non-PvM/Ironmen/Classic)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:30 AM #1

Deadliftonly
Classic

Deadliftonly

• Total level:

Currently, the best way to farm pure essence is Zulrah, followed perhaps by Twisted Banshees. Normal Banshees also drop essence, though only at a minuscule  rate. This is a problem, specifically for low level Ironmen and Classic players (or any DIY players, really). There is no reason that bulk pure essence should be locked behind a high-level boss or PvM mobs, when Runecrafting is an essential skill that should be utilized from a very low level. Pure Essence should be able to be gathered the way it was intended to be.

Make mining a viable method of collecting pure essence.

Drop rates of essence do not need to be nerfed, but when you are spending time focused solely on farming essence, the rates should at the very least compete with other methods. There are a few ways which this can be accomplished:

1. AFK - Mine noted essence at an accelerated rate.

2. Semi-AFK - A majority of essence mined will be noted, while a stray unnoted essence will occasionally appear in the player's inventory. This will force players to bank every so often. Essence is mined at an accelerated rate. The rate of noted essence received could be another Donator benefit (ie: non-Donators get 90% noted essence, Donators get 95% noted essence, etc).

3. Non-AFK - Place an NPC who notes essence a short distance from the essence rock. Essence is mined at an accelerated rate.

Mining should yield the player several thousand essence per hour to compete with PvM methods. The rates would scale with Mining and/or Runecrafting level. I personally believe that method 2 is the best solution.

• 1 likes this

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:42 AM #2

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:
Too OP in my opinion.

Maybe boost drop rates but definitely not these.

No support.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:34 AM #3

Deadliftonly
Classic

Deadliftonly

• Total level:

Too OP in my opinion.
Maybe boost drop rates but definitely not these.
No support.

How so?

I don't know the rates from Zulrah, so these are made up numbers, but let's say you get 10k essence from Zulrah in 1 hour, you also got a bunch of other loot, possibly a unique. With this method, even if you do get 10k essence per hour, you get no other loot, and barely gained any experience doing so.

Pure essence is expensive because the demand is high. This would raise the supply, lowering the price of essence, so it's not like this would be a game breaking money maker.
Also, the point of this thread is to add a non-PvM method to acquire pure essence in bulk. Adjusting drop rates from monsters doesn't address this issue. The rates I suggested are subject to change based on whatever the Devs think are reasonable.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:24 AM #4

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
At some time when playing classic you can kill more slayer monsters like wyverns and ext. at some point you won’t even notice that you have like 5k pure essence, if you just keep doing slayer/bosses you’ll end up with a lot of pure essence, this was my problem too at first when playing classic but around 70 slayer you’ll have loads of pure essence.

If you don’t want to do PVM you can buy it from other people too.

So this suggestion isn’t needed.

No support.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:16 AM #5

Not Salter
Ironman

Not Salter
Clan: Help

• Time spent:
      112d 8h 35m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm an Iron and I've never mined a single pure essence.
Doing a hundred kills of Zulrah gets you 99 RC. 

I can see the hassle if you're going for 200m but it's still quite easy to obtain essence from bossing.
No support from me.

[url=""%20title="External%20link"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:50 AM #6

Dirty Nerd
User

Dirty Nerd

• Time spent:
      2d 1h 1m 23s

• Total level:

From being an iron, doing 100 Zulrah kills has accumulated me enough pure essence for 99 rc. Sorry but no support, I feel as if this would be too OP.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:35 AM #7

Y0m0pk
User

Y0m0pk

• Time spent:
      3d 12h 14m 8s

• Total level:
Not needed, you can’t expect everything handed to you on this server you actually have to do work as well you know?

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:29 AM #8

Aster
Donator

Aster

• Time spent:
      2d 3h 19m 11s

• Total level:
Don't support since we have the essence mine that works no problem. I'm on 99 magic and 83 RC just from Essesnce Mine making Airs and Minds. If I was to make bloods or deaths I'd be done with RC. There's nothing wrong with mining it yourself..

giphy.gif

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:50 AM #9

Mach
Classic

Mach

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 17m 41s

• Total level:

No Support you eventually get their once you hit higher level Mobs 

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:11 AM #10

Deadliftonly
Classic

Deadliftonly

• Total level:
Y'all missed the point hard af.

Being OP isn't a problem, rates used are just examples and will be changed for balance. I'm not asking for freebies, I'm asking to be able to get essence at a reasonable rate without pvm or buying from others. Runecrafting should not be locked behind pvm when the two aren't even remotely related.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:55 AM #11

Oh Du Hast
Extreme Donator

Oh Du Hast
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      32d 6h 9m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards
Though I like where you're going with this suggestion I don't think it's necessary to add. There are plenty of easy ways to get Pure essence.

I completely understood the point you were trying to make & I'm sure plenty of others did on this thread.

If you were persistent enough Mining at the Rune essence mine you'd have a few thousand by now, but instead tried to rant at us for not agreeing with a suggestion that honestly to me? Wouldn't even be a QOL update if it was implemented.

Don't play as a a Classic if it's too slow/difficult.

I look forward to.your future threads! The layout was really nice & you do have quite the imagination we need here at Alora. ^_^

"Completing the unachieveable"

Loo <3

ifx5pk.jpg

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:12 PM #12

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

With all of the monsters you can kill to get loads of pure essence I don't think it's necessary to add something like this. There are countless monsters that drop pure essence noted frequently.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:45 AM #13

Veteran

Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      299d 6h 1m 39s

• Previous username:
    Monaco

• Total level:
    Awards

Basically every person in this thread missed OP's point entirely, this wouldn't be overpowered in any way. I support making mining a more viable way of obtaining pure ess in some form (ideally the semi-AFK description you gave).

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:48 AM #14

HC Proxy
Ironman

HC Proxy

• Time spent:
      18d 9h 27m 1s

• Total level:
    Awards

Basically every person in this thread missed OP's point entirely, this wouldn't be overpowered in any way. I support making mining a more viable way of obtaining pure ess in some form (ideally the semi-AFK description you gave).

+1 As an early HCIM I had no choice but to bide my time and hit 72 Slayer before being able to gain a substantial amount of essence. I like the semi-afk idea too.

• 1 likes this

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:52 AM #15

IronSheepDog
User

IronSheepDog

• Time spent:
      1d 23h 46s

• Total level:

support, i like all 3 options, as currently getting ess is rather annoying unless youve got the stats'gear for zulrah, and since its still not safe death for hcim its alot harder for them aswell

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:23 AM #16

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 41 user(s)