10 replies to this topic

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:28 PM #1

Zuthix
Classic

Zuthix

• Time spent:
      2d 18h 21m 11s

• Total level:

Currently there is no real reason to trade vote books, because you are still locked to only opening one book per 12 hours. I'd like to see this changed so that there is a reason to make the buying and selling of said item viable. Thinking about the bonus xp you get from opening votes, I'd also make it so only the first one within a 12 hour span gives the xp, with a popup asking if you're sure you want to spend another for only points and no xp.

Edited by Zuthix, 04 January 2018 - 06:30 PM.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:36 PM #2

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

This is disabled for HCIM and Classic to increase the difficulty of the mode. No Support.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:20 PM #3

F 8
Ex-Staff

F 8

• Time spent:
      180d 20h 10m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is disabled for HCIM and Classic to increase the difficulty of the mode. No Support.

Like what @ Savitr said, the whole point in these gamemodes is the difficulty and removing a core part of what makes the gamemode difficult would defeat the purpose.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:27 PM #4

Zuthix
Classic

Zuthix

• Time spent:
      2d 18h 21m 11s

• Total level:

I personally don't think taking away the timer on only vote points removes any difficulty to the game, the store as it is isn't that useful for getting items that gives one player an advantage over another, as most of the items in it can be obtained in easier, different ways. The store is mostly cosmetic imo, and as such it doesn't really hurt to gain access to it quicker. At the very least I'd like to see the timer atleast lessened, so it still makes sense for someone to buy a vote book, for the same reasons stated before.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:00 PM #5

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

I personally don't think taking away the timer on only vote points removes any difficulty to the game, the store as it is isn't that useful for getting items that gives one player an advantage over another, as most of the items in it can be obtained in easier, different ways. The store is mostly cosmetic imo, and as such it doesn't really hurt to gain access to it quicker. At the very least I'd like to see the timer atleast lessened, so it still makes sense for someone to buy a vote book, for the same reasons stated before.

The point isn't because of store abuse. It's because you'd be able to permanently have access to 50% bonus experience which isn't right for the gamemode.

By restricting the book, you only have access to this boost for 1 hour, as opposed to forever.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:08 PM #6

Zuthix
Classic

Zuthix

• Time spent:
      2d 18h 21m 11s

• Total level:

The point isn't because of store abuse. It's because you'd be able to permanently have access to 50% bonus experience which isn't right for the gamemode.

By restricting the book, you only have access to this boost for 1 hour, as opposed to forever.

That's why I suggested making it so only the first book in a period of time gives bonus experience, after that you will be given a warning that the next book(s) will only award points until x amount of time.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:16 PM #7

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

That's why I suggested making it so only the first book in a period of time gives bonus experience, after that you will be given a warning that the next book(s) will only award points until x amount of time.

I'm sorry I must have misread what you were saying in my response. This'll be my last one so we don't drag on the thread. Even if you look at it from the store side of it, it's not nearly as bad as the experience benefit, but imagine a player being able to open say, 1k crystal chests, which wealthy players could easily do. You could easily be be banking 99 smith, craft, high chance at rangers, etc, as opposed to other players. I just don't think that removing this restriction would be in any way beneficial to the difficulty of Classic. Thanks for the posts though man.

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:33 PM #8

Binair
Classic

Binair

• Time spent:
      55d 7h 31m

• Total level:
    Awards

No support this will make it alot LESS challenging

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:12 PM #9

Pira
User

Pira
Clan: ???

• Time spent:
      126d 22h 9m 8s

• Previous username:
    Not a Nerd

• Total level:
    Awards

Sorry, but I have to say no support. I enjoy the mode as it is, no ezscape.

EDIT : Sorry, read over the thread way too quickly... If you don't get XP from the second book within the 12 hour timer has hit, and you only get the vote points it's not too bad, and maybe books might sell.

I take my no support back and actually support this, aslong the xp is only every 12 hours from the book.

Sure, people can get lots of ckeys from the voting shop, but there's so many gambling swappers already in classic they can buy every single ckeys that are coming from slayer shop and put on TP.

I don't see how voting points will make it less challenging or "OP", as I stated previously, the rich swappers already can purchase 99's buyables.

Posted Image

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:29 AM #10

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 26m 58s

• Total level:
    Awards
No support, speaks for itself, what @ Savitr mentioned.

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:29 PM #11

Dante
Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Judging by the feedback I don't think this would be a good idea.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 11 user(s)