Oh Du Hast
Extreme Donator

Oh Du Hast
Clan: Iron Help

• Time spent:
      32d 6h 9m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

Please move this thread to a more suitable place if need be.

Hello & welcome to another one of my threads. In this thread I'll be briefly discussing a rule(s) which I personally, along with many other Ironmen would greatly appreciate the implementation of. I thought I'd be that voice to write this thread out.

As a great deal of you know, I work actively alongside staff & other members of our clan at 'Iron Help' to ensure that new Ironmen are given an extremely comfortable clan to be in, where they can receive the best help possible, while importantly giving & receiving advice to other Ironmen. Our ranks at 'Iron Help' are passionate about making such a clan work, we try our best to hold a huge portion of the foundation for Ironmen together, we want to keep it this way.

Now, I'm not saying there's something wrong with the competition, because that's what the two Ironmen clan's thrive off. Who will be the best clan in the end? But there genuinely comes a point where enough is enough in regards to toxicity. It completely ruins any fun competition we're meant to have in the first place.

Here are two current rules below.

28s1lk.png

First of all. 'Server Clan Chats'

I believe that this particular rule should be re-vamped. Why? There's a few very well known clans on this server which can reach anywhere up-to 70 players at peak times. I've popped into 'Help1' myself & sadly it's completely empty, meaning there's no home for it on the rules thread. I believe there's a way this can be changed so this rule benefits the well-being of ALL clans and players, obviously making certain exceptions & excluding certain things from this rule.

Second of all. 'Invading Other Communities'

I need a slight bit of elaboration on this rule. I've asked for a bit of feedback & a-lot of players are unaware of the meaning of this rule. Are we talking invading other communities in-game? Or are we talking invading other server communities? Because this would be the best way to explain situations that are currently occurring in the political area of the two clans.

I created this topic to see SOME sort of implementation after revising the behaviours of individuals who are currently amongst us within the Ironman community, though this ISN'T a personal attack on anyone in particular. I'm simply trying to help find a way to deter behaviours such as flame-bating, harassment, encouraging others to break rules, discrimination & disrespect. Continuous toxicity which I'd personally love to see stamped on.

Our ranks at 'Iron Help' would be more than happy to help enforce & implement such a rule.

Many thanks for reading.  ^_^ 

Any posts which stray off-topic or consist of meaningless posts will be reported.

"Completing the unachieveable"

Loo <3

ifx5pk.jpg

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:31 PM #2

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:
Invading other communities is talking about other servers.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:37 PM #3

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

These are simply the rules for server run clan chats, clan chats run by players can create and enforce their own rules. I don't see the purpose of this suggestion to be brutally honest. Like I have literally no clue what you want changed.

Posted Image

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:50 PM #4

Oh Du Hast
Extreme Donator

Oh Du Hast

• Time spent:
      32d 6h 9m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

These are simply the rules for server run clan chats, clan chats run by players can create and enforce their own rules. I don't see the purpose of this suggestion to be brutally honest. Like I have literally no clue what you want changed.

I tried not to go into details about events that have occurred recently between clans. (If you hadn't noticed)

I suggest you take a more thorough read of what has been explained here, considering players are the ones suffering rival clan behaviour when there aren't ranks online.

I'm asking for an elaboration on rule 16. Which @ Savitr was kind enough to give me.

I'm also asking for rule 15 to be re-vamped, so this rule would apply to ALL clans rather than just the official clans, 'Help1' being a completely dead clan. 

I'll break it down for you. Pick number 1 or 2.

1. Leave the behaviour to continue between clans, making this behaviour evolve and evolve more over time. (Which assists rule breaking to an extreme extent)

2. Implement a rule which will deter players away from toxic behaviour between clans. (Where it will have no opportunity to evolve if it's monitored in the correct way)

Loo <3

ifx5pk.jpg

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:55 PM #5

Black Mask 3
Uber Donator

Black Mask 3

• Time spent:
      2d 6h 22m 22s

• Total level:

I believe he is trying to say that there should be more harsh rules for player run clan chats as it is causing a toxic community between the two Ironmen Clan Chats.
My verdict on this is that action should be taken place as this is something that shouldn’t even be tolerated in Alora. Harsh rules should be implemented.
Support
- God of pvp (Banned btw)

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:00 PM #6

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

I tried not to go into details about events that have occurred recently between clans. (If you hadn't noticed)

I suggest you take a more thorough read of what has been explained here, considering players are the ones suffering rival clan behaviour when there aren't ranks online.

I'm asking for an elaboration on rule 16. Which @ Savitr was kind enough to give me.

I'm also asking for rule 15 to be re-vamped, so this rule would apply to ALL clans rather than just the official clans, 'Help1' being a completely dead clan. 

I'll break it down for you. Pick number 1 or 2.

1. Leave the behaviour to continue between clans, making this behaviour evolve and evolve more over time. (Which assists rule breaking to an extreme extent)

2. Implement a rule which will deter players away from toxic behaviour between clans. Where it will have no opportunity to evolve if it's monitored in the correct way.

Rule 15 discusses the behavior that is allowed within clan chats, these specific clan chats are singled out because players go there for help and we don't want players marketing/advertising there and flooding the chat. Rule 15 has literally nothing to do with behavior between clans. And for that matter neither does rule 16 which is talking about other server communities. You're treating rule 15 as if it is something that regards toxicity when it very clearly is regarding the types of discussions allowed within the clan chats.

As I said the people that run clan chats can create their own rules and enforce them to emulate rule 15 if you so wish. Rule 16 doesn't affect you what so ever. 

I am well aware of the toxicity between clans, however the rules you've brought into this suggestion thread have nothing to do with toxicity. You said very clearly that

Our ranks at 'Iron Help' would be more than happy to help enforce & implement such a rule. "

You're absolutely allowed to create a rule that prevents the toxicity between your clan and your rival, nothing is stopping you. The official Alora rules aren't required to be changed in order to make clan members grow up. However, once the toxicity goes far enough and is brought into yell, that is when the official Alora rules are implemented and mutes are handed out.

Posted Image

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:24 PM #7

Oh Du Hast
Extreme Donator

Oh Du Hast

• Time spent:
      32d 6h 9m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

Rule 15 discusses the behavior that is allowed within clan chats, these specific clan chats are singled out because players go there for help and we don't want players marketing/advertising there and flooding the chat. Rule 15 has literally nothing to do with behavior between clans. And for that matter neither does rule 16 which is talking about other server communities. You're treating rule 15 as if it is something that regards toxicity when it very clearly is regarding the types of discussions allowed within the clan chats.

As I said the people that run clan chats can create their own rules and enforce them to emulate rule 15 if you so wish. Rule 16 doesn't affect you what so ever. 

I am well aware of the toxicity between clans, however the rules you've brought into this suggestion thread have nothing to do with toxicity. You said very clearly that

Our ranks at 'Iron Help' would be more than happy to help enforce & implement such a rule. "

You're absolutely allowed to create a rule that prevents the toxicity between your clan and your rival, nothing is stopping you. The official Alora rules aren't required to be changed in order to make clan members grow up. However, once the toxicity goes far enough and is brought into yell, that is when the official Alora rules are implemented and mutes are handed out.

I never said it had anything to do with the behaviour of the clans. I'm saying MAYBE it SHOULD have that INCLUDED in there. 

I was simply asking for an elaboration on rule 16 as it sounded different to it's actual meaning. Which came from more than one person. (As feedback was taken up-on creating this thread)

Sure, we can only create & enforce rules to an extent. Though we can only kick someone for 30 minutes, & after that 30 minute period is up, we have to then suffer the same again. My utmost sympathy for those players who are online & have to witness behaviour when ranks aren't on though.

I think I've tried to voice this in the best way possible & I feel you've been a slight bit ignorant on this thread though. It's almost as if you deem it acceptable behaviour to constantly flame & harass members of a clan. I mean, do we continue to rise above? Or shall we start lowering our standards & mirroring others behaviour to see the outcome?

Thanks Cow.

Loo <3

ifx5pk.jpg

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:36 PM #8

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's almost as if you deem it acceptable behaviour to constantly flame & harass members of a clan.

Not at all, the ;;report feature is there for a reason. I also never once said that I deem it acceptable. I find the drama between these two clans incredibly childish. I think the owners of these clans chats should be mature enough to resolve these issues themselves without rules being required to be made in order to make people behave reasonably. My annoyance in this thread comes from the fact that clearly my previous sentence is not going to be the way this issue is resolved.

Posted Image

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:46 PM #9

Oh Du Hast
Extreme Donator

Oh Du Hast

• Time spent:
      32d 6h 9m 48s

• Total level:
    Awards

Not at all, the ;;report feature is there for a reason. I also never once said that I deem it acceptable. I find the drama between these two clans incredibly childish. I think the owners of these clans chats should be mature enough to resolve these issues themselves without rules being required to be made in order to make people behave reasonably. My annoyance in this thread comes from the fact that clearly my previous sentence is not going to be the way this issue is resolved.

"The owners of these clans"

HC Proxy is a Server Moderator, also the Owner of our clan 'Iron Help'. He's as mature as it gets. Not only that but we also have Moderators & Administrators who are frequently active in our clan chat & Discord, our ranks are mature & we rid of any toxicity swiftly. But there are times where we get immaturely bombarded by other players from other clans, this happens frequently & endlessly. 

How can we focus on making our Clan a place to be when we have to deal with a plague in the process?

What happens when an owner wants to be civil & another owner doesn't too?

Do we just allow the more mature players to get bullied? Shouldn't the immature ones suffer?

So many unanswered questions.

Loo <3

ifx5pk.jpg

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:02 AM #10

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

The drama between these clans has lessened by a considerable amount recently, making this no longer needed. 

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)