Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

As we all know, whenever PVP clans or pkers start having banter in yell, we are always told to take it to PMs. This feels redundant because if a clan is in a multi fight or something, obviously other clanmates will get involved with the banter, resulting in staff getting even more angry and sometimes chainmutes for a good portion of a clan. So I'd like to suggest a second yell channel where anything goes (besides things like RWT, etc etc obviously),so  clan flamewars, pvp arguments, maybe ironmen can flame eachother over who has the highest blue dragon killcount? Idk. This way with it being a seperate yell channel pvmers, staff, people sensitive over the internet etc can just disable the 2nd yell channel forever and never think of it again. Less pvpers get muted because staff can say "Take it to yell2 please" instead of "Take it to pms".

The 2nd Yell channel would be accessed by typing ::yell2 instead of the current ::yell command, and maybe to denote that someone's message is in yell 2 as opposed to regular yell, there could be a tiny wilderness skull in the chatbox besides their name where an ironman symbol typically would be or something.

I've been in clans most of my time playing pre eoc, 07, rsps, etc you name it. Clan arguments and pvp arguments will never stop, have a place for ppl to have these arguments that people not interested can just disable it and never see it, instead of muting pkers for something that will literally never leave pking.

Easy game.

Posted Image

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:09 PM #2

SUPERlIlIIOR
Super Donator

SUPERlIlIIOR

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 32m 40s

• Total level:

support. easily the best suggestion ever.

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:10 PM #3

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Banter exists in every multiplayer online game, you can only control how severe it gets. I think small banter should be allowed, which is what most people do. I don't think it's ever "I HOPE YOU GO KILL YOURSELF, YOU FAGGOT" you know what I mean?

But since I do not make the rules, maybe a yell2 would be a nice idea. Don't think will happen though. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:12 PM #4

Smokebeers
User

Smokebeers
Clan: #GS9

• Time spent:
      1d 18h 34m 3s

• Total level:

I support this fr. Make it happen

I support this fr. Make it happen

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:12 PM #5

SUPERIlIIIOR
Donator

SUPERIlIIIOR

• Time spent:
      1h 47m 4s

• Total level:

100% Support. Don't like being yell muted bc of a smol banter that hurts no one.....

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:05 PM #6

Elite Ultima
Elite Ironman

Elite Ultima

• Time spent:
      38d 3h 6m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards
No. As this will encourage flame-baiting as a whole.
We want discouragement, not encouragement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loo <3

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:13 PM #7

LISA AN
User

LISA AN

• Time spent:
      5d 16h 41m 25s

• Total level:

larry fam always the good suggestions

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:18 PM #8

Tyanx
Ex-Staff

Tyanx
Clan: Free Spirit

• Time spent:
      21d 20h 29m 53s

• Total level:
    Awards

I don't really see the necessity. If your desire for "banter" is so bad, then feel free to hang out in a pk clan chat of your choosing and do so there, if of course that channel allows it.  I don't believe, it is necessary to go onto a public medium, simply to rag or provoke somebody. Could just drop them a simple private message.  Or better yet, avoid it alltogether.

I do not support this suggestion.

Kind Regards

Tyanx

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 08/04/2018

Promoted to Server Moderator - 18/05/2018

Spoiler

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:51 PM #9

OceanKid
Super Donator

OceanKid

• Time spent:
      10d 9h 2m 52s

• Total level:

I don't think the banter is severe enough for a second yell chat, yeah sometimes people get mad but staff keeps it under control.

But hey, not against it, as long as it doesn't interfere with whats normal and its kept as an option to toggle on and off.

c6IXDeG.png

youtube.com/oceankid

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:07 PM #10

D A V E
User

D A V E

• Time spent:
      9d 8h 50m 38s

• Total level:

1. Flaming, Disrespect, Harassment and Inappropriate Content

Within Alora, we seat a culturally diverse community. Communities contain different races, beliefs, ethics, sexual orientations, etc. It is vital that we preserve and protect each culture and that we ensure equality throughout Alora as a whole. The denigration or defamation of a member will not be tolerated. First offenders will receive a 24 hour mute, followed by a 48 hour mute, increasing to a 7 day mute, and finally, a permanent mute.

• a. The use of inappropriate, slanderous and/or disrespectful language towards another’s race, belief system, mental health, ethics, or sexual orientation is not tolerated whatsoever. Although we have an effective ignore system, we expect our members to be courteous towards one another.

• b. Content that is publicized via world yell, public chat, or clan chat that is deemed inappropriate, demeaning, or disrespectful per a staff member’s discretion is not permitted and will correspond with the punishments stated above.

• c. Account names containing inappropriate, slanderous and/or disrespectful language towards another's race, belief system, ethics, or sexual orientation are not tolerated. Failure to comply with this will result in a permanent ban of the account.

• b. Content that is publicized via world yell, public chat, or clan chat that is deemed inappropriate, demeaning, or disrespectful per a staff member’s discretion is not permitted and will correspond with the punishments stated above.

I don't really see the necessity. If your desire for "banter" is so bad, then feel free to hang out in a pk clan chat of your choosing and do so there, if of course that channel allows it.  I don't believe, it is necessary to go onto a public medium, simply to rag or provoke somebody. Could just drop them a simple private message.  Or better yet, avoid it alltogether.

I do not support this suggestion.

Kind Regards

Tyanx

Basically what I was going to say ^^ Clan chat's / Private messages if you want to banter someone even though if it offends the person you are "bantering" they could still report you and at the end of the day you will still have the same outcome a mute. Just be careful what you say and how you say it and this shouldn't be an issue. 

NO SUPPORT.

tumblr_o5y5i8chY21qzn6p7o1_400.gif

04/07/2018 Joined Alora

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:30 PM #11

SUPERlIIIlOR
User

SUPERlIIIlOR

• Time spent:
      4d 1h 45m 8s

• Total level:

I think the problem lies primarily in biased mods. What qualifies some banter as mute-worthy and others as not depends on a mod's discretion. There should be a generally agreed-upon level of banter that is acceptable but that cannot be excessive like @plete_me said above. Staff team should not have ties within Pk clans, as it is obvious that a mod in a PK clan will never mute a member of their clan, especially since the level of banter is up to their discretion. Other mods are overly sensitive or might have some personal issues or just a bad day. If Horror's suggestion does not pass through, then here are 2 follow-up suggestions:
1. Increase patrol over mods who are in a PvP clan and/or have exhibited biased activity in the past.
2. Rewrite the wording of the rules concerning mutes so as to make it clearer what is muteworthy and what is not, without leaving so much in the hands of mod discretion. This rewriting should permit some level of banter between clans, not completely get rid of it.

Note: I faintly remember there was something with skillers and PvMers yelling "Reeee" and getting insta muted. That is absolutely ridiculous and presents an example of abuse through a rule that puts too much into the hands of "mod discretion."

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:36 PM #12

Revocator
User

Revocator
Clan: #Supremacy

• Time spent:
      4d 22h 33m 44s

• Total level:

Support btw

PbPgPiH.jpg?width=531&height=621

#SupremacyLawyer

187db2c2036e6e848b3e364e12b34baf.png

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:40 PM #13

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards
I see where you're coming from, and how this could benefit user(s) that are in clans such as yourself @ Horror . I think this would be a great way to neutralize any future banter/arguments that will be publicly viewable by the players of Alora. An additional yell box where players could chat without having such regulations would be nice to have, but not needed.

As @ Elite Ultima suggested/mentioned up above, staff discourage people to break rules, not encourage them. There must be another way around this, and for that reason I'll remain neutral for the time being until I see what other players have got to say.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:58 PM #14

Jake M
Super Donator

Jake M

• Time spent:
      10d 19h 12m 3s

• Total level:

I don't think we should change a dynamic of the game purely because people don't want to be told off for breaking the rules/flaming. I understand it's "banter" but from the outside looking in, a new player would be none the wiser. It also encourages people to think that it's okay to do this over the yell channel, which it's not.

I think if you're having a group flame war just take it to a CC. It's functional and would be quite fine for PKers to have their little fights in. 

No support. 

Posted Image

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:15 PM #15

EIM Mada
Classic

EIM Mada

• Time spent:
      4d 7h 56m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

Personally I think seeing pk beef on yell is very good for the server, example:

Some new pker joins, see's active clan beef on yell, thinks "Oh pking is actually active on here great", "theres active clanning scenes" etc.

I dont even see a need for a 2nd yell, Just needs to be fairly moderated and staff members need to stop being bitches and handing out punishments for pk beef. When it gets to actual flame, yes then punish/make it stop, but pk beef/banter on yell is actually very good for the server if you exclude the snowflakes that get upset over anything and everything.

Posted Image

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:28 PM #16

Another Cow
Ironman

Another Cow

• Time spent:
      37d 4h 25m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

If you really wish to argue like children, feel free to all join the same clan chat and bicker there. There is no need for us to code something into the game for the sole purpose of helping people be toxic. 

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)