Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards
What is your suggestion?: Refer to suggestion list down below

Is this in OSRS?: No

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: No

How would this benefit Alora?: Would implement a new way for players to receive quick staff assistance

Throughout this thread, you find a small, yet beneficial list of both in-game and forum suggestions. 

Any feedback is much appreciated. 

So without further ado! 

24/7 LIVE CHAT-BOX/HELP DESK

Live Chat-box! Implementing some sort of chat box system (There are tons of applications/free plugins provided by Google) where players of Alora have the option to request staff assistance through a live chat-box that will be accessed by simply being on Alora's webpage. Implementing such content will create new ways for members of staff to service those that desire, or seek staff assistance, which can always be quite beneficial. There have been a few servers throughout my many years of playing RSPS & it's safe to say this certain content has always been a big hit/ +1 for staff members and players of the community. It would be a great pleasure to have this plugin, or something similar installed here on the forums.

You will find a few images down below containing exemplars of similar Live-chat box plugins we possibly have here at Alora. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

(Please bear in mind the following pictures are just examples. If this suggestion was to be accepted, it would be adjusted/coded to fit Alora)

Game-mode Player count

I've always thought it would be a cool idea to have a counter or some sort of plugin that shows or states how many players are online from the available game-modes we provide. I'm aware that we have a general player-count log on the home-page & I know this isn't a very beneficial suggestion & I see how this can be seen as "something" that would be wasting Omicron's time, however, I'm sure something like this wouldn't take too long to integrate into the forums and not only that but it would be another cool feature Alora would have to offer.

I was also thinking it would be ideal for this "Game mode player count" to be viewable on the home-page, right under "forum activity". (For it to be able to fit you'd need to shorten the "Forum activity" log, if that's not doable I'm sure we can allocate some space to this plugin elsewhere) I'm unable to find any photos to provide as examples, but I'm sure you get the point. 

General in-game suggestions 

*In order from Most-Least important*

- Add a "quick cancel" option to all slayer masters. This would be very handy when trying to obtain a certain slayer task. This option can only be completed by right-clicking the slayer master and selecting a "Cancel task" option. Make it also have no dialogue to speed things up. Also, this could be a donator+ only perk

- Allow for the following user-group icons to be displayed in Private messaging: Server Support, Veteran, YouTube,  Master, Uber, Legendary, Extreme, Super, Donator, EIM, Ultimate, Hardcore, Ironman, Classic

- Implement a "Reply" option to Private messaging in-game. As being a staff member, we deal with a lot of pm's & it would be honestly amazing to have a feature where we can right-click the name of the recipient who is sending a message, and click reply. When dealing with 5+ PM's at once this suggestion/feature would make things a lot easier, instead of having to add every user and select them from your friend's list

- Can be very tedious being able to have only 100 friends on your friends' list. Increase from 100 > 200

- Increase the Clan-chat maximum player size allowed from 100 > 200

- Be able to set your home destination to any option the teleport-wizard has to offer. I'd like to set my ;;home to the Cerberus teleportation destination & I also believe a lot of other players would find great use for this suggestion as well 

I think that is all for now, if any other suggestions come to mind I'll be sure to add them to the list.

Cheers.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:11 AM #2

To gain

Administrator

To gain

• Time spent:
      563d 19h 25m 17s

• Total level:
    Awards

The helpdesk is a good idea but maybe implemented differently, I would like to see that players could do ;;help in-game and choose a option, and any of the staff-members gets a notification in the chatbox that the player needs help , and go from there.

for the other suggestions you have my support.

Posted Image

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:22 AM #3

NOT HUMAN
Super Donator

NOT HUMAN
Clan: #peeks

• Time spent:
      11d 10h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support for the 24/7 live chat/help desk. I haven't seen a top server use this, simply because there is too many players. We don't have 100% someone online in every time zone, nor do we give "shifts". Think if a lot of people aren't available, will kind of ruin the purpose. The current system of posting threads/assisting through replies is basically a forum help desk. As for @To Gain his suggestion would be nice, but people can just PM a staff member. If we were to get notified every time someone needs help, what if you were helping multiple people? Messages would disappear quickly, also say you are busy for a few minutes? Than people would feel ignored. 

Player count suggestion - Cool, I don't know if it is truly needed but maybe when you hit how many players online, instead of a bunch of names it shows what you are asking.

Quick Cancel Slayer - Full support.

Icons in PM - QoL could assist players in making sure they are talking to who they are (in case of quick glimpses). 

Reply in PM - If the player is added you can do this, I always add someone when I assist them than delete. (just for that purpose) 

100->200 friends - I don't think anyone talks to 200 people throughout the day, but support. 

Teleport Wizard - Support, don't see an issue. 

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:51 AM #4

Thorr2
User

Thorr2
Clan: TNG/Deathrow

• Time spent:
      68d 14h 28m 47s

• Total level:
    Awards
I mean isn't the discord a 24/7 live help desk?

Regarding icons in PMs, I only think the server support icon should be added. Follows the standard of having staff symbols in PM.

Quick cancel yes please, tab to swap between PM replies is something that's been suggested many times.

Player count by game mode sounds interesting, gotta admit I'm curious how many people are online on each game mode.

No support for being able to set home teleport to any available option.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:53 PM #5

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 20s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards
Live chat -  This is the exact definition of what our discord/shoutbox is.

- Add a "quick cancel" option to all slayer masters. -  Already added to the list

- Allow for the following user-group icons to be displayed in Private messaging: Server Support, Veteran, YouTube,  Master, Uber, Legendary, Extreme, Super, Donator, EIM, Ultimate, Hardcore, Ironman, Classic - Most of these have been added to the game, the other i dont think its really necessary.

- Implement a "Reply" option to Private messaging in-game. - Added to the list.

- Can be very tedious being able to have only 100 friends on your friends' list. Increase from 100 > 200 - Added to the list.

- Be able to set your home destination to any option the teleport-wizard has to offer. - dont really think this is necessary, it makes more sense to only allow cities to be your "home" .

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 3 user(s)