9 replies to this topic

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:17 AM #1

Daemos
User

Daemos

• Time spent:
      8h 22m 3s

• Total level:

I know that this server has a two way auth system that protects from hacking and what not. I personally have been hacked on osrs with a two way auth set on my acc. The hacker got everything that was on my body and in my inventory but never got in my bank because of my pin. As I said, i understand yall have two way auth and all that, but it is possible to be bypassed. What would adding a Bank Pin benefit? 1.) 2nd layer of securit 2.) easy single layer of security if youre too lazy to set up auth, 3.) couldn't think of one. What would adding a Bank Pin conflict? absolutely nothing because it wont be mandatory, would literally only be a problem for someone trying to hack your account. Just making a suggestion, yes 2fa is Great, amazing, blah blah blah, but it is possible to be bypassed. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it wont happen, implement bank pins.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:19 AM #2

User

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

• Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

• Total level:
    Awards

The chances of you being hacked a while having 2fa on is very small and probably means that your computer/phone is compromised. But I don't mind extra security, so no reason not to support this.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:24 AM #3

Daemos
User

Daemos

• Time spent:
      8h 22m 3s

• Total level:

@Kaamea Exactly, that was an old pc of mine but like I said, the only thing that saved me was a bank pin. An extra security measure is nothing but a plus for the community especially since its not a mandatory thing that you have to do.

• 22 likes this

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:19 AM #4

King ruben3
Legendary Donator

King ruben3

• Time spent:
      3d 22h 45m 59s

• Total level:

my banked got robbed on osrs rs even with bank pink and 2fa

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:31 AM #5

Daemos
User

Daemos

• Time spent:
      8h 22m 3s

• Total level:

another reason why a 2nd level of protection is needed.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:51 AM #6

Hot Cakes
Veteran

Hot Cakes

• Time spent:
      122d 9h 37m 26s

• Total level:
    Awards

Getting hacked with 2fa on means either:

1) Your computer has been compromised (in which case your Alora items would not be your primary concern)

2) It has been reset by staff (in which case you would get refunded, since it would be a mistake by the staff member who reset the 2fa for the hacker)

However, having said that, I don't think 2fa has been around long enough (especially in the RSPS scene) for everyone to be comfortable with it. There are a lot of players who will never take the time to enable ;;2fa no matter how much staff/players recommend it. Even for those people, bank pins are probably an old friend and while they aren't nearly as effective as ;;2fa is, for someone who wouldn't enable ;;2fa anyway, they're a pretty good line of defense.

There is also a weird counter-argument to my previous point; the fact that people who would have otherwise gotten help with ;;2fa and enabled it would not deem it necessary since they'd already have a bank pin and yes, perhaps if anyone were to hack that person, he wouldn't get access to their bank, but would still get everything equipped / in their inventory (or perhaps died on a HC). 

I think with both of those points combined, it's not very easy to support this suggestion, considering that Omicron has to choose the best suggestions/ideas to implement in his updates and there might always be other changes that have much less backlash than people potentially not enabling their ;;2fa-s. I think at the end of the day it's still probably worth adding, depending on how hard it is to code it.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:10 PM #7

Daemos
User

Daemos

• Time spent:
      8h 22m 3s

• Total level:

@Hot Cakes Youre focusing too much on 2fa, this post isn't about 2fa not being necessary with a bank pin, this is about extra security. Alora says one of their biggest concerns/priorities is their players. "the fact that people who would have otherwise gotten help with ;;2fa and enabled it would not deem it necessary since they'd already have a bank pin" If one of the biggest concerns opf a bank pin is that they wont use the 2fa, then that is a terrible reason to say no to the suggestion. I want to hear what negative effects a bank pin would introduce,  other than the fact that someone might not use the easily passable 2fa

If you don't believe 2fa can be passed, send me ur pass and wait 2 hours

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:33 AM #8

Embryo
Banned

Embryo

• Time spent:
      6d 6h 34m 42s

• Total level:
Personally I see this unnecessary. As previously stated, 2FA is a bank pin which constantly changes in a way. Don’t see what a bank pin would really do that 2FA doesn’t do at the moment?

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:33 AM #9

NOT HUMAN
Super Donator

NOT HUMAN
Clan: #peeks

• Time spent:
      11d 10h 45m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Having 2FA and a bank pin is an extra measure of security, and is very easy to add in game. I see no issue with wanting to be more secure, support. 

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:44 PM #10

KP
Veteran

KP
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      229d 12h 11m 19s

• Previous username:
    King purple

• Total level:
    Awards

2fa is the optimal security method, so there is no need for a bank pin.

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

KP | One | Horus

298b959afb3954f5e6e256eadcf3063d.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 4 user(s)