4 replies to this topic

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:47 AM #1

2nd chance
Donator

2nd chance

• Time spent:
      14h 20m 2s

• Total level:

I noticed recently after attempting to barrage a nechryaels task on my hcim that when i barraged them around greater demons a few demons that seemed way out of reach would also be caught in the pile.  I decided that I should try to repeat this mechanic elsewhere and see what kind of results i would get.  What resulted was this video on my task of (i think?) 105 bloodvelds.

I used very few runes on my hardcore given the amount of mage xp gained, and for such a short amount of time while getting slayer xp to boot I was really excited to see this play out the way it did.

I plan to look for other new ways to go about gaining slayer xp a bit more efficiently as I do enjoy the low xp rate grinds on this server so there may be more videos like this to come.

In the video with my gear I averaged around 214 kills per hour, and about 324.6k xp/hr on hcim xp rates not including the superior I killed.

If you plan to recreate this in your gameplay, pay more attention to the second half of the video as that's where I am a little better at finding ways to line them up and finding which bloodveld to attack to ensure that I'm always hitting 6 at a time, as there are 6 spawns available.  If you have an alt account you could speed this process up by gearing your alt with an msb or knives to aggro for you, and you would effectively only need to click to attack on your main as the pile shifts to ensure you're still hitting as many as possible.  I won't be testing this theory as I am a btw, btw.

The gear that I show here is very very basic.  In the best case scenario you should be using a slayer helm (i) (increased magic/ranged damage and accuracy against your task), ancestral robes OR prayer boosting robes i.e. monks' robes, kodai or sotd, a tormented bracelet, holy sandals (big prayer bonus), and it's probably ideal to keep the book of darkness as it will keep your magic accuracy a little higher while giving +5 prayer.

You should be maximizing % magic damage OR prayer bonus for bursting, as bloodvelds have weak magic defense so you will very rarely splash when using better gear than I showed here.

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:59 AM #2

Lifesteal
Classic

Lifesteal
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      9d 8h 12m 41s

• Previous username:
    EIM Makal

• Total level:
    Awards

Love this guide, and will absolutely use this, Thanks!

ZnAlkAA.png
JzuEeRL.png

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:17 AM #3

Code 002
Veteran

Code 002
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      121d 3h 4m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

Interesting makes me want to go runecraft for a few days to try this.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:09 AM #4

Kayo
Extreme Donator

Kayo

• Time spent:
      4d 15h 27m 8s

• Total level:

damn nice bro, i think i use this on 200m magic xp, thx bro

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:19 AM #5

Almighty Ty
User

Almighty Ty

• Time spent:
      10d 7h 47m 20s

• Total level:
    Awards
Very good guide for 200m!!!
Krest (Ironman) Rs Bored (First ever account)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 159 user(s)