Veteran

Dante
Clan: PWJ

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

9kptQ7T.png

Hello everyone, welcome to the newest edition of the Alora Newspaper! 

This month we have a few rule changes, some updates to our staff team

and a few in-game updates!

1HFy851.png
Added/changed:

7. Account Sharing

An account should be used by one person only. There are no cases or circumstances where another person is allowed to play on your account. This goes for all types of accounts whether it is a level 3 scout for the wilderness, a shared account people used to Teleblock other players, or an account you would share with a friend. There is absolutely zero tolerance for account sharing in any way, shape, or form and people will be punished with a Permanent ban for both parties.

• a. Any attempt to give an account away will not be tolerated on Alora. Offenders will receive a Permanent ban on the account being given away. 

Previously:

Account sharing: We've changed our stance to now allow account sharing. We say this firmly with no exceptions; If you are hacked by a friend or anyone that YOU allow onto your account, it is all on you. We hold no responsibility for hacked accounts due to account sharing. This also applies if your account is breaking rules. If you allow someone onto your account and they get your account punished, the punishments will stick.

• a. Buying/Selling (even if free) any type of service for an account is prohibited ex: Inferno cape service. First offenders will receive a 7-day ban with a wipe of the cape and GP used to make this exchange, the second offence will result in a Permanent ban. 

• b. Any attempt to give an account away will not be tolerated on Alora. Offenders will receive a Permanent ban on the account being given away. 

Keep up to date with our rules & full list can be found by clicking HERE!
XOAznLX.png
Since the last Newspaper there has been one new update that dropped on 9/20/2018

Here is the contents of that update:

• Patch notes:

• Theatre of blood passages fixed
    • Blast Furnace updates:
      • All bars can now be smelted in the Blast Furnace (fixes Gold, Steel, Iron)
      • Maximum amount of time you can buy in 1 shot for the Blast Furnace is 5 hours (to avoid people spending their entire cash stack)
    • Ironman/Classic/Elite were unable to see ‘global’ items such as Snape grass spawns following the previous update. This has been fixed.
    • “Stomp” emote would not work in certain areas, giving the “You cannot use this emote in the wilderness” error message. This should no longer occur outside of the wilderness.
    • A warning message will now be given upon login to players using an outdated client. Anyone using a client from August or prior to will not be able to play Alora after October 9th, so we strongly urge you to get the latest client if you see this error message.

Hello everyone,

Today’s update is slightly delayed as I had to work on our security extensively this month. Now that I feel comfortable with the current state of things in terms of security, we can get back to the frequent updates  :) This update is packed with many QOL updates, as well as some content which many of you will find useful such as the Blast Furnace. We’ve also managed to squeeze in some bug fixes, as well as some other cool things such as the metamorphosis Raids 1 pet and auto-looting coins with the Ring of wealth.

Please note that some of these updates (particularly the bug fixes) may have already been applied in-game, but were not yet included in an update thread.

• Server:
      • Ladder/Staircase changes:
        • When using a ladder or staircase on Alora, you would previously be delayed 1 tick (0.6s) while you perform the animation.
          • This has been removed, and you will instantly use the staircase or ladder, similar to on OSRS.
      • Crafting guild fixes/changes:
        • The Crafting guild had many weird looking objects such as stalagmites, ice columns, etc that did not belong there. This map has been fixed entirely.
        • With the above fix, the following has changed:
          • More ores (particularly gold ores) can be mined.
          • A staircase to go upstairs to multiple Spinning wheels is now available.
      • Paul right-click trade:
        • We know how much some of you loved navigating through Paul’s dialogue to get to the Ironman shop, but unfortunately we’ve decided to add a right-click “Trade” option to speed things up for the rest of us!
      • Barrows change:
        • The dig radius around mounds has been increased.
      • Music cape emote:
        • The Music cape emote, “Air Guitar” has now been added.
      • Theatre of Blood fixes:
        • Sotetseg’s projectile attacks that disable prayer were disabling it too early — upon performing his animation, not upon the projectile landing on you. This has been fixed.
        • Fixed a problem with prayer icon not turning off (Chivalry)
        • Fixed an issue which blocked you from attacking some of the spiders in the Nylocas wave.
      • Rejuvenation pool update (in POH):
        • Rejuvenation pools can now be used to restore your health, special attack, run energy, prayer and cure poison with only half the usual delay provided that you have not been in PvP combat within the last 3 minutes.
          • This does not apply to the rejuvenation pool at home, but only to the ones location in player-owned-houses.
      • Blast Furnace:
        • The Blast Furnace is now accessible! It can be reached through the Minigames section of the Teleport Wizard’s menu.
          • How does it work?
            • The Blast Furnace allows you to smelt bars while only using half the required amount of coal, while still receiving full experience. 
            • Ores are deposited onto the conveyor belt, and then smelted within seconds.
            • You can collect your bars from the dispenser, which may be cooled down with a bucket of water.
              • You can optionally use Ice gloves to collect your bars rather than cooling down the dispenser.
            • There is a bank chest very close to the furnace.
          • Cost:
            • The cost to smelt your bars in the furnace is 480k GP per hour. You can pay this fee to Ordan every hour, or pay him for many hours at once. This is to cover the labor of the 5 dwarves who run the machinery. You may find these dwarves’ names familiar. If your time runs out, you will not be able to deposit any more ores onto the conveyor.
              • You will be notified of your time remaining in the Blast Furnace periodically, and notified when your time runs out.
          • Notes:
            • You can store up to 200 ores in the melting pot.
            • If you logout, any ores or bars within the machinery will be lost.
      • Ice gloves:
        • These gloves, which allow you to collect bars from the Blast Furnace without needing to use a bucket of water, can be purchased from the Loyalty Point store for 50k points.
      • Buckets of water:
        • Buckets of water (used in the Blast furnace) can now be created:
          • Empty buckets can be purchased in the General/Ironman/Classic shops, and can be filled at any water source. 
            • There is also a bucket spawn at the Blast furnace.
    • Chambers of Xeric reward update:
      • A new reward has been added to Raids 1: Metamorphic Dust!
        • This item can be used on an existing Raids 1 pet (Olmlet or Vanguard) to give your pet the ability to morph between 6 different Raids pets:
          • Olmlet, Mini Vanguard, Vasa Minirio, Tektiny, Vespina and the Puppadile!
        • Previously, there were only 2 pets that you could get (separately) through the raid, the Olmlet and Vanguard. These pets still function as usual, and are both still rewards from raids. The Vanguard can also be purchased in the donation shop. Note that the Metamorphic dust can be used on either of them to get the same final result (morphing pet).
      • How do I obtain it?
        • The Metamorphic dust can be obtained through the Chambers of Xeric if you’re lucky, with the drop rate being 1/400 as long as you complete the dungeon within average time and points.
          • This roll is completely separate from the usual drop table, so it will not affect your chances of obtaining other loot.
    • Ring of wealth update:
      • The Ring of wealth (and it’s imbued version) can now optionally auto-loot your coins and tokkul from slain enemies! You can toggle this setting by right-clicking either ring and selecting the “Features” option.
      • Miscellaneous bug fixes:
        • Barbarian icons (defender, attack, healer, collector) will now be worn in the glove slot rather than the cape slot, allowing you to wear a cape while having an icon equipped.
        • Justiciar armour requirements fixed (75 defence)
        • Pathfinding bug:
          • Fixed a major bug which allowed players to interact with objects/npcs/etc even though they were not close enough. For example, if you somehow could stop your movement forcefully (being frozen in combat or by other means) you could enter a cave from many steps away.

• General
      • Further improvements have been made to our protection systems for DDoS attacks. We were hit with some attacks just over a week ago and did experience bouts of lag, but the server never fully crashed which is a great sign, and the attacks were mitigated relatively quickly. We’ve made even more changes to improve our firewall, and we’ll continue monitoring and improving our systems as required.
      • We've also improved our stability and are able to have longer uptime without lag as many of you have likely noticed  :)

• Store:
      • Pet booster price reduced to 10 tokens from 15 to more accurately reflect its value.

• Forum:
      • Elitist: Maxed Elite Ironman award 

You can read up on the full update HERE!

Many thanks to Omicron  for all of these updates and fixes!

objTq8d.png

Over the last month we have have had some changes to the staff team. The changes are listed below:

Staff changes: 9/09/2018, 9/17/2018, and 9/23/2018.

Promotions;

Ramon has been promoted to Global Moderator.

Chase has returned as Forum Moderator.

Moe has been promoted to Forum Moderator.

Scuffed EIM has been promoted to Server Moderator.

M A C K has been promoted to Server Moderator.

Eim 40a has been promoted to Server Moderator.

Code 002 has been promoted to Server Moderator.

EIM 1gp has been promoted to Server Moderator.

Paine has been promoted to Server Support.

Zach McCoy has been promoted to Server Support.

Xuf has changed their name to Dante .

Mob has changed their status to Mob1 .

Resignations;

Raud Flame I has resigned from Server Moderator.

EIM Hentai has resigned from Server Support.

Demotions:

None!

For more info on the Staff updates, click HERE!

47km8Lh.png

I have decided to interview two more people this newspaper, the first being Inferno !

Greetings Inferno .

Dante : Besides being interviewed by me, what is your best memory on Alora?

Inferno : Haha, probably when we started the whole peeks group and decided to be an actual clan in here.

Dante : Besides PKing on Alora, what's your favorite thing to do?

Inferno : Gambling / Dueling I'd say.

Dante : What is your go-to pass time besides playing video games?

Inferno : I play football as a goalkeeper, so thats something I do a lot as well.

Dante : What is your favourite food?

Inferno : Good question, I don't have a particular favourite. ^^

Dante : Who is your favourite member of our community?

Inferno : Honeslty I love all of my clan members and many other people in this server so I can't say that I have favourites.

Dante : How does it feel to be our MOTM?

Inferno : Feels really good, very honoured to get recognition from staff team and Alora community.

Dante : What made you want to start making videos?

Inferno : I wanted to attract more people to the whole PvP scene so we could make it more active than it currently is!

Dante : What is your dream job?

Inferno : Can't say I have a dream job but something I would like to do is to play football on top level or be a bounty hunter.

Dante : Who, or what is your worst enemy?

Inferno : JOSH! Jk I love him as I do all peeks members shoutout to them btw!

Dante : What is the worst thing about being a guy?

Inferno : When you get sweaty balls and they stick to your legs :))))))

Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions Inferno , I really appreciate it!

Next on our list is Smiv!

Dante : How does it feel to be a staff member for Alora?

Smiv : It pretty cool to be chosen to be apart of the staff team. Everyone apart of the group are all helpful and cool to talk with.

Dante : Do you have any ancestral sets I can borrow?

Smiv : Currently borrowing a set if you would like to borrow it..?

Dante : What is your favourite thing about the Alora community?

Smiv : My favorite aspect of the Alora community is the uniqueness. You have people from all different parts of the world. So i think it's cool to hear and learn about what everyone does around their different environments.

Dante : What is your favourite kind of animal?

Smiv : Bald eagle. The national animal for my home country the U S OF A.

Dante : How does it feel to be this month's most-voted HCIM?

Smiv : It feels quite great, though I may have died on said hardcore, everyone still knows i have potential to come back and win again.

Dante : Are you planning on playing another HCIM now that Kazoo is long gone?

Smiv : I took around a week break of the hardcore grind and decided after winning best HCIM i should com back and show the boy's what i can do. I'm now playing on a new hardcore named Died2Torag ... As I was downed by Torag on my previous hardcore..

Dante : What is the most difficult part about being on the staff team?

Smiv : I would say the most difficult part of being on the staff team is competing with the other members to help others. Whether it assisting people with certain things on forums or being in the Alora clan chat assisting players.

Dante : What is your favourite pass-time besides video games?

Smiv : My favorite pass time IRL is playing soccer. I've played soccer all my life and through high school I was chosen all conference / all state mention and continue to play now post high school in a Sunday league.

Dante : What is your dream job?

Smiv : My dream job would is being an Athletic Trainer for a Division 1 collegiate team. Wouldn't matter the sport, but just to be at the collegiate level training and still being around sports is my main goal.

Dante : What is the most interesting and random piece of information you know?

Smiv : I have died to every Barrow's Brother.

Alright, thank you for answering the questions Smiv , appreciated!

Disclaimer:

Have any interview questions you would like to ask any of the staff members?

Don't hesitate to send Dante a private message via forums/discord and I'll include them in next edition along with the answers from that staff member!

mem.png

The MOTM poll has concluded and here are the final results received from the community.

The 3 top winners have been picked and the final voting has taken place among the staff team

The very final winner of September MOTM is...

Inferno !

Congratulations  Inferno You have stood out in the eye of the community as well as in the eye of the staff team. Thank you for being a great member here on Alora   :)

Contact Lowkey  for your 3 bonds prize in-game, and your Forum Awards will be active shortly.

Stay tuned until the next month when voting takes place!

Chgb6jF.png

The September Community Awards are out now!

Visit this link to see the results;

https://www.alora.io...-award-results/

That concludes the end of this newspaper! 

Read our last newspaper by clicking HERE!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:32 PM #2

Steel Nogan
Veteran

Steel Nogan
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      51d 23h 35m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

No account sharing anymore??? MonkaS

Posted Image

Spoiler

Alora Awards
Spoiler

ICE Awards
Spoiler

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:39 PM #3

IM Moe
Master Donator

IM Moe
Clan: fbi office

• Time spent:
      44d 20h 52m 28s

• Previous username:
    moe1

• Total level:
    Awards

Awesome Newspaper @ Dante , I enjoyed Inferno's interview he has much love for the community and #peeks. :) <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:48 PM #4

Smiv
Veteran

Smiv

• Time spent:
      135d 17h 7m 46s

• Total level:
    Awards

Very nice newsletter! Thank you for interviewing me and having me on!

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:56 PM #5

My Love
Veteran

My Love

• Time spent:
      30d 51m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Nice paper. Forgot to mention you changed name yourself + raud flame resigned?

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:59 PM #6

Shamrock
Veteran

Shamrock
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      95d 17h 17m 22s

• Total level:
    Awards

I am glad the account sharing rule has been reverted to its original form and has been made clear what is not okay 10/10 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:08 PM #7

Dante
Veteran

Dante

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Nice paper. Forgot to mention you changed name yourself + raud flame resigned?

Thank you very much for pointing this out! Both of these things have happened after the last staff update threads that were posted, which is why they were not in this newspaper originally. I generally base staff updates off of the ones that were posted in the staff updates section on the forums.

Since you've pointed it out, I've edited the Newspaper to have those updates as well!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:18 PM #8

Mag3rang3pk3
Super Donator

Mag3rang3pk3

• Time spent:
      20d 5h 55m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
I love this, very well put together and an insightful paper. Definitely enjoy these, keep it coming!

5Q41UBU.gif

Ironman Account: Fe Mag3 Fe

EIM Account: EIM Mag3

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:19 PM #9

My Love
Veteran

My Love

• Time spent:
      30d 51m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you very much for pointing this out! Both of these things have happened after the last staff update threads that were posted, which is why they were not in this newspaper originally. I generally base staff updates off of the ones that were posted in the staff updates section on the forums.

Since you've pointed it out, I've edited the Newspaper to have those updates as well!

Makes sense! No worries, thanks for the quick edit!

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:30 PM #10

Elysian 450
Super Donator

Elysian 450

• Time spent:
      9d 16h 13m 13s

• Total level:

Dante : Do you have any ancestral sets I can borrow?

Smiv : Currently borrowing a set if you would like to borrow it..?

:MonkaS:

8140840ba335e86c1920032e92f8efbb.gif

296d7e211fdf2274bbb89802af691537.png

My Guides:

Pictures:
Spoiler

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:53 PM #11

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
Love reading these every month, very informative. Thanks man.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:10 PM #12

MYRMIDON
User

MYRMIDON

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 3m 44s

• Total level:

Worst formatting I've ever seen in my life. 

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:11 PM #13

Trade For GP
User

Trade For GP
Clan: Alora CC.

• Time spent:
      23d 22h 37m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yet again, another amazing newsletter.
   having the monthly news letters is an amazing benefit with Alora, does it not only provide us with the current fixes between updates, it shows that the staff team are dedicated.

@dante   

Amazing job my man,  I know how long a thread can take, especially a Newspaper that we read for 20+ minutes takes time. 10/10 <3

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:06 PM #14

Dante
Veteran

Dante

• Time spent:
      101d 10h 24m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

Worst formatting I've ever seen in my life. 

That was the nicest thing I've heard you say to date, thanks man!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:43 PM #15

Iron Foxit
Donator

Iron Foxit

• Time spent:
      61d 33m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

The No.1 voted HCIM died to Torags, LOL. Lovely newspaper column as always.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support - 15th August 2018

Promoted to Server Moderator - 26th August 2018

Alternate accounts: Immortal Fox (HCIM), Foxit (Normie), NOT FOXIT (Classic), UIM Foxit (UIM)

July Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:06 AM #16

Sheep
Veteran

Sheep

• Time spent:
      254d 15h 25m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards
Great newspaper, once again it was a good read. :)
Thanks @ Dante

DiFZ2Y0.png

hK2Oxeq.png

lOWOdZK.png

unknown.png
gcsafeR.png

Spoiler

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:28 AM #17

Dumdum
User

Dumdum

• Time spent:
      21d 11h 57m 20s

• Total level:

Fun read :) 

Signature by @Dumbshit.
Io4zZ7q.gif
Special thanks to @DB Aspect for this signature<3
DumdumSig.png

​Promoted to Server Support 11/07/2018
Resigned from Server Support 11/26/2018 (Took break from game)

Accounts
Normie (Deironed from EIM at 2,078 total November 5th, 2018) = Dumdum
Ultimate Ironman = UIM Dummy
Pure Normie = Gumgum
Group Ironman = Blue Dummy (Team 5 guys 1 cup)

52259f907e67399e5f89bc66a8ab58d2.png

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:59 AM #18

7ashkal
Super Donator

7ashkal
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      37d 11h 44m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards

oo smiv is in there , gz to inferno for being motm and for smiv for best hcim <3

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:11 PM #19

Kuroh
Extreme Donator

Kuroh

• Time spent:
      1d 20h 33m 1s

• Total level:

Never really bothered reading the newsletters, though I can't say I regret starting.

Osu!

tumblr_nnrg8eowyJ1u4f2lbo1_500.gif

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:03 PM #20

Austin Post
Banned

Austin Post

• Time spent:
      45d 20h 24m 53s

• Total level:

Bullet-points are all over the place, but other than that - a great edition. I very much enjoyed reading the interviews as always. Looking forward to the next edition. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 8 user(s)