Emozionante
User

Emozionante
Clan: ♦ ♦ Gods of Skilling ♦ ♦

• Time spent:
      7d 16h 34m 11s

• Total level:
Greetings fellow Alorians,

Today, I would like to stress a very important issue among us Classics. It appears that we are going extinct. Slowly, but it's happening. The remainder of us left are those of us who have preferred to play Classic and have stuck with it. We haven't had a newer player join us Classics for about 2 months now. Giving a rough guestimate, there is about 15 to 20 of us who still actively play. That is 15-20 Classic players out of a 1500+ playerbase.

The reason this is causing such an issue for us is simply the fact that we prefer to trade. If we didn't, we'd be playing an Ironman game mode. But, trading & buying have been a huge issue for us. There is not enough demand for the supply anymore; as well as there is not enough supply for the demand. There is not enough players on classic for everyone to benefit from the trading privileges.
     The main point of this post is to suggest that Classic players and Normal players can have a merged economy. There are several perks to this being implemented (as listed below):
  • Classics can purchase items that they have been looking for, in result of quantity.
  • Classics can sell items that they have been trying to sell for weeks, maybe months. 
  • No items on classic can affect the Normal mode economy at this state; the only things that would change drastically would be the classic items that have been accumulated over time. Price inflammation and deflation will not be an issue.
  • In referrance to the perk above, I have spoken to almost ALL of the Classics, that are still actively playing, and we are on the same page. 
  • The merge could possibly and very well revive some of the Classic community. 

Below are some perks that can be implemented that purely have no effect on other game modes or players. This would be purely to draw attention to Classics and give us a little bit of revival. 

• Bonus slayer points and/or daily task points 
  • Lower Prayer point draining (outside of any PvP area)
  • Faster special attack regeneration (outside of any PvP area)
  • Lower energy draining
  • 2% drop boost in boss tasks (if 99 slayer and on a 25+ boss task streak)
  • 5% damage boost in hard tasks (if 99 slayer and on a 10+ hard task streak)

By the support of 99% of the Classic players, we should have a good vote in this. Surely, Normal players and Ironmen will not have an issue with this because they do not play Classic game mode like we do.

Thank you for your patience and reading my thread, as I hope it is deeply considered by those who can help us. 

Much love from the Classics of Alora,
@ Metaphor , @ Shivol , @ Skill capes , @ Iron Peep aka @ Stay Slaying , @ Jim SZN , @ Classic 420 , @No Rugrats, @ Belq , @ Not a girl , @ Eccentrix , @ Geeskillo aka @ Mot gee , @ Hentai trap , @ Isekaii and many more!

Here is the first suggestion that was made over a year ago, but it lacked detail and incentives.

vEMGCa1.png

f75fbb592bce211df1417f1ffeaa3ad8.png

68752a3adcf79b6a98e48ac02c0a774b.png

fe3118772f2eadc67b8af3085c82b3dd.png

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:29 PM #2

Iron Peep
Ironman

Iron Peep
Clan: C O A

• Time spent:
      37d 15h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Omicron Please consider looking into classic mode. I know it's an easy issue to ignore with all the different game modes on Alora but we haven't had any love in a very long time.

It's a very sad feeling watching a mode that you love and put 100s of hours into slowly die and get pushed to the side. Our tiny community gets smaller and smaller every day.

Whenever group iron man comes out I feel like that's gonna be the final nail in the coffin for us. We don't want any overpowered perks, we just want to be able to play the server like normal and trade with our 5x XP rates while still incentivizing new players to maybe give classic a whirl.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image LTG Peep Posted Image Posted Image Stay Slaying Posted Image

Posted Image RubyDaCherry Posted Image Posted Image Stay Elite Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:37 PM #3

Kings slave
Donator

Kings slave

• Time spent:
      2d 5h 14m 4s

• Total level:

Support 100%. Classic is a great game mode, to get more people involved would be great. 

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:48 PM #4

mrmammalfan
User

mrmammalfan

• Time spent:
      5h 59m 4s

support 100% great nice

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:51 PM #5

Cloud Strife
Classic

Cloud Strife

• Time spent:
      2h 9m

• Total level:
100% on board with this

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:56 PM #6

Spanks
Legendary Donator

Spanks
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      10d 22h 45m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

I support this. I mainly play my dirty normie account and play my EIM/Ironman accounts on the side but I have always wanted to create a classic. However, even though I don't play classic, I felt like the classic community was dying and that is one of the reason why I didn't really choose to create one, which sounds crappy.

Not only does this benefit classics but it also benefits normies. I think it's a great idea and I think if new players and even existing players knew that classics and normies could trade, I would like to think that the classic community would grow even more.

Promoted to Server Support - December 1st 2018

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:58 PM #7

Roid Rager
Classic

Roid Rager
Clan: C O A / ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 44m 8s

• Total level:

SUPPORT! Let's save this game mode and get more people to play it tumblr_lo01crKodk1qikhz3o1_500.gif

Roid RAGER :angry:

1497277624_hqdefault.jpg

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:00 PM #8

The Justin
Classic

The Justin

• Time spent:
      1d 5h 27m 7s

• Total level:

I completely support this!

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:16 PM #9

Isekaii
Classic

Isekaii

• Time spent:
      49d 4h 5m 30s

• Total level:
    Awards

Yeah I have to agree it's a shame how small the classic community is now, since there's not to many players not much stuff happens. I could head off for a whole day or go to sleep and log on to see that there's no new items being put in the trading post still the same things from yesterday.

Selling stuff is a pain when there's no new players coming in to play, the people playing already pretty much have most of the mid tier/high tier gear they need so they are not looking to buy any extra/placeholder for items they already have.

Classic mode for most at a certain point becomes more like a Iron-man with 5x with the occasional buy off the tp

I like the suggestion to merge both classic/normal economy I feel it can give a boost to the community and the current classic economy, gives another option to the current normal players to give classic mode a shot without having to start from scratch and reuse items from their current account.

Edit: After giving it some more thought I personally am now against the merge, but still understand that classic mode is in a bad state and those that are for the merge to be able to merge.

Edited by Isekaii, 15 November 2018 - 02:56 PM.

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:21 PM #10

EIM Nickk
Elite Ironman

EIM Nickk

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 34m 9s

• Total level:

Support, I see no harm in this.

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:28 PM #11

Nk xazr
Legendary Donator

Nk xazr

• Time spent:
      2d 2h 49m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

Seems like a pretty easy choice if like 90%+ of the active classic base supports it. +1

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:28 PM #12

Detected
User

Detected

• Time spent:
      7d 2h 17m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

With how dead  the game mode has become i agree and 100% have to support to increase the classic community

Posted Image

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:40 PM #13

Sassa fras
Veteran

Sassa fras
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      151d 10h 56m 13s

• Previous username:
    Sassafras

• Total level:
    Awards

This was always going to be the danger of introducing EIM, so many prominent classics jumped ship and never came back to it.

I agree something needs to be done about the eco, better sooner rather than later (Group Ironman loc?).. but I doubt if any of your other smaller suggestions would incentivize new players to give Classic mode a shot. The only two other things I could see making newer players choose Classic would be reworking PKing rewards or offering a small drop boost for uniques/pets (the latter leaves a bad taste in my mouth). Best of luck though.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

Sassa fras | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

4.6b UIM | UIM KOTS Winner | Fastest to MAX Winner | First Maxed HCUIM

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:45 PM #14

Iron Peep
Ironman

Iron Peep
Clan: C O A

• Time spent:
      37d 15h 19m 36s

• Total level:
    Awards

The only two other things I could see making newer players choose Classic would be reworking PKing rewards or offering a small drop boost for uniques/pets (the latter leaves a bad taste in my mouth). Best of luck though.

As much as I agree with you about the drop rate boost, we didn't want to include anything that other game modes might feel is overpowered. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible for everyone involved and in the end it's up to Omicron on what he considers fair or not.

I personally think a 5%-10% drop rate boost on uniques would give a TON of incentive for new players to do the ridiculous grind that is 5x XP rates but at the end of the day we just want to play our accounts and have more then 10 people to actively trade with. Anything that comes extra with that is just considered a bonus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image LTG Peep Posted Image Posted Image Stay Slaying Posted Image

Posted Image RubyDaCherry Posted Image Posted Image Stay Elite Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:40 PM #15

Not a girl
User

Not a girl
Clan: Classic

• Time spent:
      3d 2h 4m 59s

• Total level:

I support 

Classic has been slowly dying we need something. 

Posted Image

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:51 PM #16

No Rugrats
Donator

No Rugrats

• Time spent:
      3d 9h 44m 41s

• Total level:

This is something I support 100%, as we talked this through before making it something official to be brought up as a suggestion. It's been a bit depressing that we put so much time into our Classic accounts, yet as the days pass.. it feels like we don't have a motive to play because our economy is dying out. It'd be pretty great if this was implemented to kind of boost the Classic morale and bring some new players aboard to go ahead and enjoy this game-mode with those who still play actively.

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:57 PM #17

Noj
Ironman

Noj

• Time spent:
      3d 6h 3m 16s

• Total level:

Support if that's what the Classic community wants.

But NO SUPPORT on adding perks to playing classic, you're literally just a slower experience rate player, you shouldn't, nor should anyone else receive game mode specific perks.

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:37 PM #18

Defy
Super Donator

Defy

• Time spent:
      1d 7h 54m 49s

• Total level:

Support if that's what the Classic community wants.

But NO SUPPORT on adding perks to playing classic, you're literally just a slower experience rate player, you shouldn't, nor should anyone else receive game mode specific perks.

Agree'd, wouldn't be fair for those who just play normal or what not if others get perks on choosing classic.. Other then that i agree on most part and it'll will help with the classic community.

KYkEF5y.png

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:46 PM #19

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

Support this as it is a dying game mode 

BUT  i do not support adding perks to make the game mode special as this will be unfair. 

Irons would benefit far more from perks as they can't trade. But no support for any game mode on this topic. 

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753  Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1b SnK

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:52 PM #20

Kitty is bad
Donator

Kitty is bad

• Time spent:
      8d 11h 21m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support. Classic is supposed to be more of a challenge, not a different set of perks.

d20f2a3eb395f091ea65ad3875fe8168.png

de8b2569ab340b4d68d656a9555bc7ce.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 22 user(s)