30 replies to this topic

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:56 PM #1

GIM Beerus
Group Ironman

GIM Beerus

• Time spent:
      2h 37m 38s

• Total level:

Hello, here's a long shot suggestion but hey, gotta try!! 

I am suggesting making us GIM able to appeal someone if they are inactive. I'm not saying for a ban but for a kick from GIM and demotion to regular status. GIM is already difficult and to pick such a role and join a team i feel like it's a huge let down if someone becomes inactive and you're a man down. It's less fun. So, I am suggesting maybe making it so if someone is a week inactive we can make an appeal on them, you can look into if and if they've been inactive for awhile then you could kick and demote them to regular status as kind of like "you don't deserve gim" lol.

Again, it's a long shot but hey i thought id try.

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:06 PM #2

Steel Nogan
Veteran

Steel Nogan
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      51d 23h 35m 34s

• Total level:
    Awards

I like the idea of having the right of a vote to kick the player, but demoting doesn't feel ok. If this gets accepted i'd say the vote to kick should pass only if all the other remaining members vote on yes.
So you got my support on the first part.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Alora Awards
Spoiler

ICE Awards
Spoiler

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:12 PM #3

GIM Beerus
Group Ironman

GIM Beerus

• Time spent:
      2h 37m 38s

• Total level:

I only say demote because some people could "plan" on going inactive in hopes of getting kicked while pocketing a lot of supplies from the groups bank. Then once they finally get kicked, they'd join a friend with all the supplies. So demoting to regular status stops players like this from having the satisfactory of that.

But then i guess they could just pocket and sell on regular account to put towards bond, so i guess both ways are kind of a bummer so.. but i definitely want the kick option as my group has two inactive's! 

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:20 PM #4

Dylain
Banned

Dylain

• Time spent:
      134d 20h 31m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

When picking players, users should take into consideration all agendas before being 100% certain with their picks. Players should know how imperative it is that you are 100% confident in the picks and the team members on your team. And for this exact reason, it's a no support from me.

V4D2cq1.png

mMWRTmw.pnggQ60wjr.png

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me by clicking here

Two-Factor Authentication | Client Assistance | Official Rules | Staff List | Appeal

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:22 PM #5

GIM Beerus
Group Ironman

GIM Beerus

• Time spent:
      2h 37m 38s

• Total level:

When picking players, users should take into consideration all agendas before being 100% certain with their picks. Players should know how imperative it is that you are 100% confident in the picks and the team members on your team. And for this exact reason, it's a no support from me.

You can have 100% faith in someone because they could be active everyday at the time and then still quit or stop playing for reasons unknown, it's a harmless and it just helps everyone and also gets others involved that may not have a team. But i understand.

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:40 PM #6

GIM Beerus
Group Ironman

GIM Beerus

• Time spent:
      2h 37m 38s

• Total level:

furthermore, and I mean no hate or disrespect towards you or your opinion but isn't that like saying "If you get a job and decide to not show up, you shouldn't be fired.. because that's on your employer for using the limited spots on you."

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:49 PM #7

Zach McCoy
Ex-Staff

Zach McCoy
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      17d 12h 29m

• Total level:
    Awards
I think demoting is a little far but I see where you’re going with this. I think if everybody in the group agrees and it’s maybe a little longer like 2 weeks then I’d support this.

6CTJVa.gif

200m skills achieved

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:12 AM #8

TMNT Aritus
Super Donator

TMNT Aritus
Clan: #TMNT #Phereus

• Time spent:
      2d 20h 56m 39s

• Total level:

I will definitely not support this, due it could be used for abusive reasons. You had plenty of time to think of the ''permanent'' group you wanted and if one becomes inactive then it's no ones fault other than yours and your team.

The request has been suggested before in some sort of a way.

Omicron explicitly said in his patch notes that the group partnerships were permanent. It also says that there is no time limit to joining teams so it's not like there is a 12-hour window to rush and find someone or other players like there somewhat is for EIM. Sounds like players need to be more careful about who they select rather than picking members at a glance.

http://prntscr.com/m6v5fs

I'm going to quote this again as you should be more careful of picking up a member to your team.

• 22 likes this

Alternative accounts:

iron aritus [Main / Ironman / Temporary retired]

Sutira [Hardcore Ironman]

Izakaya [Normal]

Artius [Elite Ironman]

Whalitus [Ultimate Ironman]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:14 AM #9

GroupIronman
Group Ironman

GroupIronman

• Time spent:
      4d 19h 54m 33s

• Total level:
No Support from me. I made the mistake of rushing a team and now seeing the team fail is yes annoying but I knew what was happening. Therefore I believe in what aritis said.

Posted Image

Thanks to @Dumbshit for allowing me to use this sig

Other accounts: @OneFalseStep

@Livo

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:23 AM #10

GIM Beerus
Group Ironman

GIM Beerus

• Time spent:
      2h 37m 38s

• Total level:

Also, team wasn't rushed. One of the players was someone who played a lot and was even donor and now just doesn't play. Anyone can just stop playing no matter how active they were. Like i said before, it's like saying "Employers shouldn't be able to fire people who they hire if they don't show up just because they rushed to fill a spot because they needed workers." I just think it's silly. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Appreciate all the feedback.

edit; I am not the owner of the team. Being made to "start over" because people randomly decide to go inactive is stupid and makes you just not want to play. :o 

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:30 AM #11

Green Mile
User

Green Mile

• Total level:

Support, the leader of our team who only a week ago was very adamant on finding active players who would commit even after the tournament. He has now quit leaving us a man down, as others have said anyone can quit at anytime for many different reasons. Allowing the remaining members to vote to kick someone from the group when they have been inactive seems like a fair way to combat this issue.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:32 AM #12

Thastyle
User

Thastyle
Clan: Gamble

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 50m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

i Aggree whit people sayin u should take into consideration all agendas before being 10000% certain with your picks. But if someone quits for some reason (QUIT, Irl Issues). U should be able to remove someone from ur team or getting someone remove it.

With all of this in consideration i do Support this topic.

Greetings, 

Thastyle 

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:33 AM #13

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I want to support but things happen IRL and people cant play for weeks or 2 but if they come bac and they have been punished or abandoned by there team makes them not want to play and alora loses player that way maybe just be a little more selective on who you choose to join your team 

Spoiler

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:23 AM #14

A U D I
Ironman

A U D I

• Time spent:
      1d 7h 31m 33s

• Total level:

support, everyone was hyped for a new game mode. Couple that with the pvp tourny being over, alot of gim have been inactive. support

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:32 AM #15

Shawn TM
Ironman

Shawn TM

• Time spent:
      2d 6h 15m 24s

• Total level:
I support the fact that u could kick someone out of ur team by voting between members.
No support on de-GIM the account though.

AmusingLonelyAmericanwirehair-small.gif

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:47 AM #16

GIM Lit
Group Ironman

GIM Lit

• Time spent:
      22h 39m 1s

• Total level:

We should be able to kick inactive people for sure, theyre just ruining our GIM experience u have my 100% Support on this.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:07 AM #17

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
Just doesn’t feel right removing their GIM rank in addition to kicking them, but I get where you’re coming from. Neutral.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:48 AM #18

Dareeyak
Group Ironman

Dareeyak

• Time spent:
      9d 14h 30m 8s

• Total level:

I feel like it needs to be possible to remove and/or replace team members simply because of the nature of private servers.
People don't tend to stick around for long, and with the limited selection pool it can be hard to piece together a team that you can actually trust and rely on.

In saying this..... it should be incredibly hard for this to occur, such as a LONG inactivity time for the player being removed and the removal of items in their personal bank.
This is simply because items gained by one ironman (or group in this case) shouldn't be able to benefit another ironman/group (seeing the group as a single entity here because that's what you signed up for - personal effort ignored).

TL;DR - The player should be able to swap teams (in extreme circumstance), but at the cost of all their personal items.

(edit: if my team is reading this - dw i trust you boys <3)

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:58 PM #19

GIM Beerus
Group Ironman

GIM Beerus

• Time spent:
      2h 37m 38s

• Total level:

I want to support but things happen IRL and people cant play for weeks or 2 but if they come bac and they have been punished or abandoned by there team makes them not want to play and alora loses player that way maybe just be a little more selective on who you choose to join your team 

I get things happen IRL so maybe de-ranking is a little much but if they do it on purpose with a bunch of group items, de-ranking stops them from giving said items to another group (which could be their buddies). People can literally make a separate afk account, join a top tier team and bank their items and go inactive then once they are kicked join back to their group and bank everything that they stole from the last group. This is why either wiping their bank or deranking is good IMO. But we should at least get the option to group kick inactives.

If people really care about their gim account or being in the group, they should be able to make the effort in contacting ONE group member at least in why they won't be able to play.

There's talk about ruining others GIM experience for kicking them for not being able to play because maybe something IRL comes up.. but it ruins the WHOLE group experience having 1 or more in-actives. And to counter this right now the only way to have a full group since there's no kicking option is to make a new account, and some people grind hard and don't want to have to make a new account because people decide to go in-active which could ultimately be the reason why people become very uninterested in modes like this and ultimately in the server.

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:05 PM #20

Geeskillo
Donator

Geeskillo

• Time spent:
      10h 30m 46s

• Total level:
I feel what he’s saying about wanting an option to drop another player from team but I also understand that many things can happen irl, but with the option to pick teammates with no time limit planning should be done. I know when a player is inactive it is harder on teammates, I do feel like there should be atleast one chance to drop a team member but there should be vote and the other player should get a say so aswell. I feel like it’s a argument that could go many ways and I understand that picking a team that has inactive players could be a result of not planning in advance but at the end of the day a lot of players have different schedules and live in different states/counties. I would like to stay updated with this topic so plz keep me up to date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 5 user(s)