9 replies to this topic

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:31 PM #1

2277 Team
Group Ironman

2277 Team

• Time spent:
      6d 18h 27s

• Total level:

I couldn't find this post in the forums, nor could I find a spot for this question so here goes. Simply put can GIM buy items from other gim. This would be the same exact as normies buy items for custom donations, they would have to pay for any gim removal tickets that are needed, and should ALWAYS use staff as a middleman as you would with any custom donation. I see no reason why this would be an issue for the server, if anything it nets more money to the server with the possiblity of needing to buy up to 3 gim removal tickets.

The only downside I see really is the stigma of GIM's having their own separate economy on the server. As a counter point GIM can already freely move from group to group and transfer wealth as they please. Unless you made it where you had to have no items worn/banked to transfer groups (Terminatior style), there is no real way to stop this from already happening.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:33 PM #2

Eim ash
Elite Ironman

Eim ash

• Time spent:
      31d 14h 55m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

Imo you can yes..

Posted Image

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:45 PM #3

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

Not clear are you wanting to Buy thing from the store or the down right if another GIM get a ely you can buy it off them

?

Spoiler

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:52 PM #4

LTG Arrow
Veteran

LTG Arrow
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      42d 19h 23m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards
In theory u Can yes, but it will require that u join the team which the player Selling the item is on, but you cant buy items from other players if ur not on the same team and therefor being able to Trade eachother.
<p class='bbc_center'>Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image</p><p class='bbc_center'><br /><br /><span style='color: #ff8c00'>Check the links down below if you require any help! </span></p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...count-recovery/' class='bbc_url' title=''>2FA & Account Recovery</a></p><p class='bbc_center'>|</p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...t-issues-guide/' class='bbc_url' title=''>Client Assistance</a></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...official-rules/' class='bbc_url' title=''>Official Rules</a></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><a href='https://www.alora.io...rum/27-appeals/' class='bbc_url' title=''>Appeal</a></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'>Bug Report</p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>| </span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'>Updates </p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Promoted to </span></span><span style='color: #99ccff'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>Server Support </span></span></span><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>on August 31th, 2019</span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Promoted to</span><span style='color: #a4a4a4'><span style='font-family: Arial'> </span></span><span style='color: #1e90ff'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Server Moderator</span></span><span style='color: #a4a4a4'><span style='font-family: Arial'> </span></span><span style='font-family: Arial'>on</span><span style='color: #a4a4a4'><span style='font-family: Arial'> </span></span><span style='font-family: Arial'>September</span><span style='font-family: Arial'> 30th, 2019</span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Stepped down from the staff team on October 23rd, 2019 :(</span></span></p><p class='bbc_center'><span style='font-family: Arial'>Proudly returned to the team as </span><span style='color: #1e90ff'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>Server Moderator </span></span></span>on November 5th, 2019 :Poggers:</p>

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:56 PM #5

2277 Team
Group Ironman

2277 Team

• Time spent:
      6d 18h 27s

• Total level:

Not clear are you wanting to Buy thing from the store or the down right if another GIM get a ely you can buy it off them

?

I would as an example buy some of LTG Arrow's items he has gotten from raids 1 (as seen in the signature above) so I would buy his items for a custom donation rank for him.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:58 PM #6

Chuckoramma1
Veteran

Chuckoramma1
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 20m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

I would as an example buy some of LTG Arrow's items he has gotten from raids 1 (as seen in the signature above) so I would buy his items for a custom donation rank for him.

I feel like this is a very gray line and i don't like the idea of it but in theory it can be done.

Spoiler

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:37 PM #7

2 Ridiculous
Master Donator

2 Ridiculous
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      54d 16h 46m 25s

• Previous username:
    Iron 2Ridic

• Total level:
    Awards

I mean it's possible to do already so I'm assuming its allowed, I just don't know why someone would do this to begin with. The whole point of GIM is so have a team to grind items/pvm drops etc with? You're just gonna buy everything from someone for normie cash? lol.. seems like it ruins the fun

• MT likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:27 PM #8

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

I mean it's possible to do already so I'm assuming its allowed, I just don't know why someone would do this to begin with. The whole point of GIM is so have a team to grind items/pvm drops etc with? You're just gonna buy everything from someone for normie cash? lol.. seems like it ruins the fun

Pretty much agree with this. It is not worth buying GIM tickets just so you can buy an item (or items) off of another GIM player. Not only does that make it less challenging/grindy to get BiS items, but also there is the risk of other GIM players joining your team and taking items from the shared bank.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:40 PM #9

Konar
Group Ironman

Konar
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      33d 51m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

Don't know why we're having this discussion, this has already happened to major items, shitfuckpiss traded 2 tbows for a scythe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:47 PM #10

Horror
Veteran

Horror
Clan: #Peeks

• Time spent:
      67d 16h 19m 29s

• Total level:
    Awards

professional gamer tip: if you de iron you are able to trade items with a lot more players  B)  B)  B)  B) haha check it out 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)