Clan: #CamelSquad

• Time spent:
      13d 18h 47m 6s

• Previous username:
    Group HiH

• Total level:
    Awards

IMO, ToB drop rates need increased. 

I've spent the past week or so talking to numerous staff members, and fellow theater of blood raiders and they all agreed in the need to discuss the rates. The majority of players that do ToB go atleast 75+ raids dry meanwhile Chambers drops way more frequently. This not only kills motivation to play, but to do ToB entirely. This results in having to waits hours upon end to find teams leaving some teams to 4-man ToB. Theater is not like CoX which you can solo/duo. Some teams can probably trio but most can't.

I feel as if this topic should be discussed with people who have experienced the same experiences within the theater.

Leave opinions below thanks!.

@ username v2 @ Lowkey @ two @ Hellish @ Check list @ revitalize

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:38 PM #2

Check list
Group Ironman

Check list

• Time spent:
      14h 4m 11s

• Total level:
I completely agree on this as well. Took me 80 kc for my first drop. And now I'm 116 dry atm. That shouldn't be happening because honestly osrs has better drop rates. On top of that in 84 Cox dry. I've put in over 100 hours in raids the past weeks and got no reward out of it

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:51 PM #3

2 Ridiculous
Master Donator

2 Ridiculous
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      54d 16h 46m 25s

• Previous username:
    Iron 2Ridic

• Total level:
    Awards

After speaking to other master donators, I can vouch and say that our drop rate to see an item is ROUGHLY 1/20 - 1/25.

With 6 guaranteed rolled items per raid,  it makes it 2 times the amount of rolls normal/super donators get.

Based off this information, it would lead me to believe that low tier donators have around a 1/40 - 1/50 chance of getting a drop from TOB that seems really rough.

Personally, I'd like to see these players get around 1/30, but I also don't know how you would buff their drop rates without making high donators have like 1/15 or better drop rates.

edit: I did forget about the overall drop rate bonus involved as well as the 'lucky item' chance, further making normal/super donors having an even lower drop rate than what I stated above.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:51 PM #4

Groot
Group Ironman

Groot
Clan: Guthix

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 57m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

One point I could make is that CoX has easily 2.5x more items that run on the drop table. So of course you're going to see an increased amount of drops from CoX than TOB. But with that being said we did in the past increase and fix the drop rates of TOB though I feel it really didn't do its justice.

I personally feel that the Ghrazi Rapier is far more rare than a Scythe of Vitur. Just look at the loot threads of ICE and Dynasty. It really shows just how rare these higher tier drops can be.

My only worry is possibly overcompensating the drop rate of TOB. We don't want a HUGE influx of these super rare and prestigious items to just completely flood the economy. It almost defeats the entire purpose of raiding in general.

Should I go dry in TOB? Yes most definitely
Should I go 100+ dry without a single drop? Yes and no. Yes simply because RNG was not in your favor. No because RNG should be weighted a bit more to be quite frank.

I will remain neutral for the time being but I do feel something should be done to give us the players more incentive to do TOB. It's extremely irritating that nobody wants to do TOB at all just for this simple fact. I personally see the same handful of people doing TOB over CoX nearly every night.

Posted Image

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:05 PM #5

2 Ridiculous
Master Donator

2 Ridiculous

• Time spent:
      54d 16h 46m 25s

• Previous username:
    Iron 2Ridic

• Total level:
    Awards

Also, It's hard to compare TOB to Chambers because chambers has 19~ drops and TOB has 7.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:58 AM #6

Not Shadow

Global Moderator

Not Shadow

• Time spent:
      126d 3h 58m 27s

• Previous username:
    ShaduWu

• Total level:
    Awards

I have not done TOB yet, however I'm doing COX going 40+ dry so far I play most of the time with @ Check list and @Bendzo 

Keep in mind we have 16 drops over in COX rather than 9 in TOB which will roll more drops for COX ofc...

Most of the people who did TOB can't find teams to play in and takes hours to make a party rather than you can solo/duo COX.

I'd like to see a little bit of a change on that.

60YOm2w.png

Wow stuff, just wow.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:48 AM #7

Sayso
Veteran

Sayso
Clan: MOST HATED

• Time spent:
      131d 8h 55m 30s

• Previous username:
    T S

• Total level:
    Awards

I agree with what Groot said.

Don't really want too many of the items to flood economy, I mean just look at prayer scroll prices now, CoX drop rate got buffed few months back, prayer scrolls sitting at 80m now from 140m or so they come into the game wayyyyy too often, wouldn't even mind seeing an decrease in the toilet paper drop rate tbf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:18 AM #8

Margiela
Group Ironman

Margiela

• Time spent:
      2d 6h 27s

• Total level:

While I included this in my suggestion list, I 100% support and agree with this. I've done days of full TOB runs without 1 purple. 

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:25 AM #9

Eim ash
Elite Ironman

Eim ash

• Time spent:
      31d 14h 55m 15s

• Total level:
    Awards

One point I could make is that CoX has easily 2.5x more items that run on the drop table. So of course you're going to see an increased amount of drops from CoX than TOB. But with that being said we did in the past increase and fix the drop rates of TOB though I feel it really didn't do its justice.

I personally feel that the Ghrazi Rapier is far more rare than a Scythe of Vitur. Just look at the loot threads of ICE and Dymasty. It really shows just how rare these higher tier drops can be.

My only worry is possibly overcompensating the drop rate of TOB. We don't want a HUGE influx of these super rare and prestigious items to just completely flood the economy. It almost defeats the entire purpose of raiding in general.

Should I go dry in TOB? Yes most definitely
Should I go 100+ dry without a single drop? Yes and no. Yes simply because RNG was not in your favor. No because RNG should be weighted a bit more to be quite frank.

I will remain neutral for the time being but I do feel something should be done to give us the players more incentive to do TOB. It's extremely irritating that nobody wants to do TOB at all just for this simple fact. I personally see the same handful of people doing TOB over CoX nearly every night.

true what u said and its all in rng.. tho take a look at prayer scrolls in tp.. maybe a suggestion to make p scroll rarer? its like 70m or someshit when it was 130-160m...

anyways i wouldn't mind tob drop rate to be higher as i am 53 dry and master dono :o which doesn't happen in cox, support.

Posted Image

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:18 PM #10

Groot
Group Ironman

Groot
Clan: Guthix

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 57m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards

true what u said and its all in rng.. tho take a look at prayer scrolls in tp.. maybe a suggestion to make p scroll rarer? its like 70m or someshit when it was 130-160m...

anyways i wouldn't mind tob drop rate to be higher as i am 53 dry and master dono :o which doesn't happen in cox, support.

I can remember when Prayer Scrolls were 400m ea lmao

Posted Image

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:46 PM #11

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

It would be nice to see more players do ToB even outside of ToB bonus days. Will slightly increasing the drop rate get more players into ToB?  Perhaps, but like what Groot said, it may cause ToB items to crash. Also neutral on this.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:47 AM #12

Konar
Group Ironman

Konar
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      33d 51m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

After speaking to other master donators, I can vouch and say that our drop rate to see an item is ROUGHLY 1/20 - 1/25.

With 6 guaranteed rolled items per raid,  it makes it 2 times the amount of rolls normal/super donators get.

Based off this information, it would lead me to believe that low tier donators have around a 1/40 - 1/50 chance of getting a drop from TOB that seems really rough.

Personally, I'd like to see these players get around 1/30, but I also don't know how you would buff their drop rates without making high donators have like 1/15 or better drop rates.

edit: I did forget about the overall drop rate bonus involved as well as the 'lucky item' chance, further making normal/super donors having an even lower drop rate than what I stated above.

Master donor is only slightly better than uber as far as I'm aware for raids, I've done 87 theatre of bloods on a uber donator account with roughly 50-60 of them using a drop booster and I've had 1 item at 43ish killcount which is a hilt, the most common item, I feel as if the rates could be very slightly buffed because if we go by the guaranteed 5 items for an uber with a 15% chance of getting a 6th item, so on average you'd get an extra item every 6-7 raids. By those calculations I've had 1 drop in 448 loot rolls which is atrocious if I do say so myself considering we then have some people who get drops every 10-20 raids as Ash mentioned

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:32 AM #13

2 Ridiculous
Master Donator

2 Ridiculous

• Time spent:
      54d 16h 46m 25s

• Previous username:
    Iron 2Ridic

• Total level:
    Awards

Master donor is only slightly better than uber as far as I'm aware for raids, I've done 87 theatre of bloods on a uber donator account with roughly 50-60 of them using a drop booster and I've had 1 item at 43ish killcount which is a hilt, the most common item, I feel as if the rates could be very slightly buffed because if we go by the guaranteed 5 items for an uber with a 15% chance of getting a 6th item, so on average you'd get an extra item every 6-7 raids. By those calculations I've had 1 drop in 448 loot rolls which is atrocious if I do say so myself considering we then have some people who get drops every 10-20 raids as Ash mentioned

I would assume Uber would be like somewhere around 1-30 or higher (this is very general cuz i know yin is like 1/40 with uber atm and hes done over 200 TOBs Also, drop boosters (imo) do fuck all so idk what to say in reference to those. I've used like 300+ or some shit and I've never ever felt like they did anything. I'd be down for a very slight TOB buff, but it seems like something just isnt right with the drop table in general. People shouldnt be going 100+ dry lmao and rapiers shouldnt seem like they are much more rare than a scythe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:07 AM #14

Aritus
Ironman

Aritus
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      130d 1h 9m 33s

• Previous username:
    Arcadus

• Total level:
    Awards

I would assume Uber would be like somewhere around 1-30 or higher (this is very general cuz i know yin is like 1/40 with uber atm and hes done over 200 TOBs Also, drop boosters (imo) do fuck all so idk what to say in reference to those. I've used like 300+ or some shit and I've never ever felt like they did anything. I'd be down for a very slight TOB buff, but it seems like something just isnt right with the drop table in general. People shouldnt be going 100+ dry lmao and rapiers shouldnt seem like they are much more rare than a scythe.

I can speak for the most that going extremely dry(even as a Master donor) isn’t a fun thing to see. I definitely agree with @ iron 2ridic and most of the pvm people here that ToB should have a slight increases droprate. I can speak of my own experience that I am legit going 75-160 killcount dry per drop, while my CoX drops are overflowing. I also definitely agree that the Scythe of Vitur should be even more rare than it is now.

I am over 530 KC while I’m still hunting for a common rare(Justiciar chestplate,) but I just cant see any purples, because 1. No one raids and 2. That causes reason 1 is simply because the ToB droprates are shit.

I support this suggestion without any hesitation.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:10 AM #15

To gain
Administrator

To gain

• Time spent:
      560d 23h 21m 45s

• Total level:
    Awards

Based on what i see, i dont think the rates have to be buffed simply because this will lead to a flood of tob items come into the game as Groot said above.

Also when i look at my own collection log (i might be lucky i guess).

0e97a9327e4e713d6331196272b2418a.png

it should be , 9 hilts , 2 pets , 4 rapiers , 3 staffs , 3 full sets , 5 helms. in 552 kc.

purely based on those drops personally i do not think the drop rates should be buffed again.

Posted Image

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:36 PM #16

Aritus
Ironman

Aritus

• Time spent:
      130d 1h 9m 33s

• Previous username:
    Arcadus

• Total level:
    Awards

Based on what i see, i dont think the rates have to be buffed simply because this will lead to a flood of tob items come into the game as Groot said above.
Also when i look at my own collection log (i might be lucky i guess).
0e97a9327e4e713d6331196272b2418a.png
it should be , 9 hilts , 2 pets , 4 rapiers , 3 staffs , 3 full sets , 5 helms. in 552 kc.
purely based on those drops personally i do not think the drop rates should be buffed again.

You’re just lucky, seems like I have only 30 kc less than you but only half of the drop counts. Like I said, I’m going average 75 - 150 KCs dry before I’ll actually get a drop.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:43 PM #17

Detharrow26
Immortal Donator

Detharrow26

• Time spent:
      118d 12h 16m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Personally I think there needs to be a way to make purples more common to low donors, cos they can easily go over 100 dry and it will ruin their game experience.

Neverthless I went 100 dry twice, once as Uber and once as Master - and all my raids are consistent in the way I earn my points - BUT what is not consistent is who I raid with. I noticed that both by 100 dry streaks occured when I raided only with high donors/good gear players. Meanwhile I would get lots of purples (even a b2b) when i raided with low gear/low donor noobs. This leads me to thinking that the way ToB is coded here makes it so that a high points discrepancy between players in a team will lead to more chance of a purple for the MVP.

This "consipracy theory" of mine is even support by a post Omi made:

6424150558878a57a756788182ef7065.png

This led me to think that the code which weights drop rate according to individual performance will not work if all players were 5 Tbowers and had almost even points. Meanwhile if you had 2 tbowers 3 noobs, the factor that Omi mentions will kick in and more purples will show up for the MVPs.

____

@ iron aritus Rapier isnt rarer than scythe for sure, it may seem that way due to rng but omi has confirmed the rate of obtaining which item when you hit a purple:

8660cb8281f587fcec40220f87c15366.png

This was made in line with the following reddit post (since Jamflex hasnt said anything about it):

https://www.reddit.c...ate_drop_rates/

c696a8ebaad35078c0fa75240c1b16b2.png

T.O.B. Lootations:

Spoiler

Road to ALL Pets - Click Here

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:07 PM #18

Devout
Veteran

Devout

• Time spent:
      56d 8h 31m 43s

• Previous username:
    No Pants

• Total level:
    Awards

Support nonetheless. I've heard, witnessed, even experienced the rates of TOB. It most times killed motivation for me going 100+ raids for even one drop. That's not something someone is willing to do. 

devoutsig.gif

| Everything Here Designed by @Sunnii |

Devout_hween_stamp.png

xmas.stamp.Devoutpng.png

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:52 AM #19

Feraligatr
Donator

Feraligatr
Clan: Whale Squad

• Time spent:
      11d 6h 34m 47s

• Total level:

Here's what I'm going to say on this topic. I'm among a few Immortal donators who are 85+ dry, using all kinds of boosters every damn time. I'm not complaining, due to my history with raids drops, but man something is completely out of whack with TOB drop rate and Donator perk boosts.... That being said, I agree with Alex. Would I like a TOB overall buffed drop rate? Sure, lol. But at the end of the day, these items are supposed to be "Very Rare". What I would very much like tho, just so that we don't all lose brain cells and become demotivated, is to make Defender Hilts and Justiciar pieces waaaaay more common. So that way, we're constantly gettin drops for our efforts, and eventually we'll hit that "Very Very Rare" table with Sang Staff, Scythe, and Rapier. Similar to how we get a crap ton of Prayer Scrolls from COX.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just Some Raids Stuff

Spoiler

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:35 AM #20

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's fine in my eyes. People should just stop complaining all the time its supposed to be 1/50. 100 drystreaks should happen every once in a while.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 119 user(s)