Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:16 AM #1

GIM FatJesus
Group Ironman

GIM FatJesus

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 27m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

Was wondering what the servers opinion and thoughts of the souls series are?

Like for me I personally love the series, I've put countless hours into all the titles except for demon souls sadly(didn't own a ps3).

Also how would you rank them in your own opinion? 
Like for me my favorite would be Dark Souls 3>og Dark Souls>Bloodbourne> Dark souls 2>Dark Soul remastered. 

Have you Platinumed or 100% any of them? 

I have Platinumed Dark souls 3 and was going to try to do so on the other ones but its quite difficult nowadays with some of the trophies being locked behind PvP covenients and the online community either being filled with twinks or just dead overall, so just stuck with my DS3 one and am happy I was able to complete it. I've nearly Platinumed BloodBourne just haven't found the motivation to finish up the chalice dungeons and to find the like 1 item I somehow missed.

Also one recommendation I can make is if you are a veteran souls player and have friends that have never played any of the try to get them to try it out. Then co-op with them and let them make their own choices on what location they want to go to first and what not. I don't know how many hours and countless amazing moments I've gotten out of taking 3 of my friends and introducing them to the abusive uncle that is the souls series.

and as always PRAISE THE SUN \o/

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:49 AM #2

teeth check
Veteran

teeth check
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      205d 4h 59m 56s

• Previous username:
    Hellish

• Total level:
    Awards

I've heard great things about the souls series and the studio as a whole. I fully intend to dive into them after my exams end, a friend of mine told me it's much better to play them with a controller so I made sure to pick one up for PC a while back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:06 AM #3

GIM FatJesus
Group Ironman

GIM FatJesus

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 27m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards
Yes I 110% recommend using a controller, I attempted keyboard and mouse for like 2mins whenever I tried doing some modded ds1 on pc and that was hell

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:08 AM #4

Ryuu
Veteran

Ryuu
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      88d 17h 21m 10s

• Total level:
    Awards

I purchased DS Remastered a while ago for the Xbox, played it for a few hours, but I ended up dropping it. 

I feared for the safety of my controller.

• Moe likes this

Posted Image

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:05 PM #5

GIM FatJesus
Group Ironman

GIM FatJesus

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 27m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

You sound like my fiance lol. She didn't care for dark souls but she did end up coming around to the series with ds2 and ds3.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:51 PM #6

Floppysucker
User

Floppysucker

• Time spent:
      26d 15h 35m 45s

• Previous username:
    Iron domdof

• Total level:
    Awards

Dark Souls is the only game in history thats made me break desks/keyboards/mouse/controllers.. Mind you that had a lot to do with being forced to play, but I think I've learned it ain't the game for me  </3

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:16 PM #7

GIM FatJesus
Group Ironman

GIM FatJesus

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 27m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

@iron domdof  Did you only try the first one of the series? Because if so like I said in my earlier post on here my fiance hated the first one but the second and third grew on her. Also what do you mean by you were forced to play it?

My first thing to note is to me the game is very trial and error based with a mix of trying to study how the game/enemies work so you have to try to stay calm in a semi fast pace game which isn't the easiest task.

Second thing to note is if you tried it solo try it co-op I've done all of the games solo and co-op loved both experiences but the ones from co-op were so much better so many laughs and fun experiences with builds, different attempts of areas, and even some cosplay playthroughs.

My final note is if you did do co-op and your partner just zoomed through and cleared the game for you thats not the right way of doing it in my opinion I have one friend that will not touch a souls series game because of that fact. But when I took my fiance and some other friends through the series like I said in previous post I let them decide their path, their build, everything the only time I would intervene is if it would be detrimental to their build or if it would just upright kill them.

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:29 PM #8

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

I have not played any of the Dark Souls games, but I have watched some friends livestream the game. I can understand the frustration with redoing the same fights multiple times lol.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:37 PM #9

GIM FatJesus
Group Ironman

GIM FatJesus

• Time spent:
      3d 10h 27m 27s

• Total level:
    Awards

@Moral truth  I highly recommend anyone that enjoys games of similar genre of the souls series to give them a try. I also recommend to not just give up on which ever one you tried first because yes all the souls games are the same in many ways but also in very many other ways play differently with their changes to how combat and controls work. Also with how weapon movements work and pretty much every little thing. Like quick example in Dark Souls you only have forward, backward, left, and right rolling abilities but in the later games they implement omnidirectional rolling which is a huge improvement. Which to my personal ranking of the souls series is why Dark Souls Remastered got such a low rank. Mainly because to me the remaster felt lazy all they really did was fix the blight town area and gave you password matchmaking. In my opinion if they would've gave Dark Souls Remastered the omnidirectional rolling it would've made the game feel better and also would've fixed some insane bugs mainly in PvP.

But also a HUGE tip to any new souls player is to use the wiki to your advantage their wikis are insanely useful and explain a lot that in game doesn't. and my final tip if your first attempt didn't go well look up a generic cookie cutter beginners guide/build to do your very first full playthrough to get yourself familiar with the game and to get more comfortable. Honestly once you get your first clear the game will feel completely different even if you decide to make a new character or go into new game plus.

Also the souls community is usually very welcoming and helpful to newcomers and are willing to help where they can.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:47 PM #10

Groot
Group Ironman

Groot
Clan: Guthix

• Time spent:
      11d 12h 57m 50s

• Total level:
    Awards
Darksouls 3 is probably my favorite out of all of them close to bloodborne. Ds3 is absolutely beautiful and reactive in gameplay. Souls series is a masochistic series and that's not a joke. You WILL die alot.... like alot. My first playthrough took almost 110 hours to complete but my second playthrough took no less than 12 hours.

And what GIM FatJesus said about looking up everything on the wiki is no joke either. There is NO tutorial, you get like 5 trash mobs then a boss that's your tutorial lmfaoooo good luck.

I always try to bully people into playing the souls series because it's so fucking good in almost every aspect. Shit even the story line behind everything is top tier and second to none. You just have to pay attention to details and actually read times AND speak to every NPC over and over again just to get that small hint.

19/10 would recommend the soul series to anyone.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 32 user(s)