Super Donator

lmf

• Time spent:
      16h 2m 40s

• Previous username:
    Ef ironman

• Total level:

Good morning/afternoon/evening all!

So I have decided to grind for the comp monkey. I have about 3 weeks of no responsibilities, my wife and daughter are staying up at their parents house as I start my new job ( have to stay at a hotel for 3 weeks). And so it is going to give me PLENTY of time to grind this out. Currently all I have to do is to hit the three 200m skills, get the inferno cape, and finish the achievements/music.

My plan is this:

1. Try and grind Cerberus for a smoldering stone. This will get me more slayer points towards imbuing either the berserkers ring or seer's ring (I already have the archer's ring (i)). I can skip tasks for free so that will help keep my points up.
  2. Once/if I get the smoldering stone I want to get 200m woodcutting and firemaking. These seem like decently good paced and afk'able skills I can grind while watching tutorials on the inferno.
  3. (While I do all this I will be splashing overnight to get an easy 200m magic)
  4. Do the inferno... I have decent enough gear that I believe I could do it. Full arma+bowpipe+dragon crossbow. Ahrims+trident. Bandos tassy+torso+tent+crystal hally(i). Plenty of brews and food. I am a super donator so I can start at wave 20 for a little bit of an easier start to the trip(s).
  5. Finish the achievements. This really shouldn't take long, I only have a handful of the hard tasks left and I am not too worried about the time investment to knock those out.
  6. Get the music cape. Pretty straight forward, shouldn't take more than an afternoon of running around.

Thinking about this there are a couple of other options I have thought about and those are:

• Instead of Woodcutting+Firemaking I could do Thieving+Fletching. The super donator stall+ardouge cloak would speed it up some and then I could buy the broad bolts for a decently quick fletching max out. I am thinking about this as the extra time thieving might equal out with the potential time investment in the Cerberus grind.
  • I might have to try and get a master wand so I can blood barrage. I have heard that is a necessity to do the inferno.
  • Instead of splashing overnight I could just camp somewhere with my blowpipe+cannon and try and max range more easily.

If anyone has better ideas for my plan please let me know! I am going to really start this Wednesday afternoon so I have a good amount of time to flesh out a good plan.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:26 AM #2

Theatric
Ironman

Theatric
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      6d 16h 17m 44s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good luck with your goals, hope to see some sick updates as you progress!

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on July 21st, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on August 31st, 2019.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:34 AM #3

lmf
Super Donator

lmf

• Time spent:
      16h 2m 40s

• Previous username:
    Ef ironman

• Total level:

Good luck with your goals, hope to see some sick updates as you progress!

I’ll definitely post the updates!

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:45 AM #4

Elite
Veteran

Elite
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      41d 18h 20m 58s

• Previous username:
    Elite Yin

• Total level:
    Awards

You have the right idea but there's a few things that can speed it up a lottttt
To start, with your ring imbues, do them with pkp, it costs 2,500 pkp per ring to imbue, you can do a combination of wilderness slayer and skotizo for the pkp (skotizo is a lotttt faster) 

This will allow you to spend more points on crystal keys which will give you more logs for firemaking, I don't know the amount of logs on average per key, but if I were you i'd do 200m wc with an infernal axe, which will net you around 30m firemaking exp, then finish the rest with normal logs, 

next you mentioned doing thieving at the super donor stall, thieving is a very fast skill with no supplies needed. However, if you do thieving at heroes in ardounge you're gonna be looking at 200m thieving 2-3x as fast as the super donor stall. 

Other then that it looks like you have a pretty good concept of how to get there. If you need any help with any of the tips I left here feel free to PM me in game :)

Best of luck!

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:36 AM #5

Nomad
Ironman

Nomad
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      33d 26m 45s

• Previous username:
    Nomads Iron

• Total level:
    Awards

Plan and whole chronology of things to do you stated there is perfect in my opinion. My suggest would be to hop between those from time to time just not to get bored of something which lasts longer period of time.

Good luck with grinds and best of luck with getting comp monkey! 

• lmf likes this

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:08 AM #6

lmf
Super Donator

lmf

• Time spent:
      16h 2m 40s

• Previous username:
    Ef ironman

• Total level:

You have the right idea but there's a few things that can speed it up a lottttt
To start, with your ring imbues, do them with pkp, it costs 2,500 pkp per ring to imbue, you can do a combination of wilderness slayer and skotizo for the pkp (skotizo is a lotttt faster) 
This will allow you to spend more points on crystal keys which will give you more logs for firemaking, I don't know the amount of logs on average per key, but if I were you i'd do 200m wc with an infernal axe, which will net you around 30m firemaking exp, then finish the rest with normal logs, 
next you mentioned doing thieving at the super donor stall, thieving is a very fast skill with no supplies needed. However, if you do thieving at heroes in ardounge you're gonna be looking at 200m thieving 2-3x as fast as the super donor stall. 
Other then that it looks like you have a pretty good concept of how to get there. If you need any help with any of the tips I left here feel free to PM me in game :)

Best of luck!

I didn’t know wilderness slayer got pkp! That’s a good idea! I’ll still need to grind Cerberus for the smoldering stone tho :/. For thriving is hero’s the same(ish) amount of cash as the super stall? Cause I’ll need at least another 100-130m to buy the broad bolts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:17 AM #7

Fiji
Veteran

Fiji
Clan: #CMF / Paragon

• Time spent:
      94d 8h 54m 40s

• Previous username:
    Fiji Drip

• Total level:
    Awards
Your plan is very well put together. I like it :)
Only thing is If you do go the thieve and fletching route, I believe it’s better to thieve the elves in prif for gp/hr and exp/hr and if your do those you’ll also stock up on some crystal shards and get quite a few other supplies from their thieve drop table

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:19 AM #8

Elite
Veteran

Elite
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      41d 18h 20m 58s

• Previous username:
    Elite Yin

• Total level:
    Awards

I didn’t know wilderness slayer got pkp! That’s a good idea! I’ll still need to grind Cerberus for the smoldering stone tho :/. For thriving is hero’s the same(ish) amount of cash as the super stall? Cause I’ll need at least another 100-130m to buy the broad bolts

On EIM you get about 250m cash on your way to 200m thieving, don't know the rates for normal ironmen but I would assume that you get around 60m gp, 

And yes, wilderness slayer can give you tier one emblems which cash in for 144 pkp I think, or you could do skotizo and if you're one of the top 3 damage dealers you'll get anywhere between a tier 1 and a tier 6 emblem which can cash in for up to 600 pkp, 

You won't need as much cash as you think because the crystal keys from your slayer points will give you loads of rune bars which you can use to make rune dart tips which will give loads of fletching exp.

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:45 AM #9

lmf
Super Donator

lmf

• Time spent:
      16h 2m 40s

• Previous username:
    Ef ironman

• Total level:

Your plan is very well put together. I like it :)
Only thing is If you do go the thieve and fletching route, I believe it’s better to thieve the elves in prif for gp/hr and exp/hr and if your do those you’ll also stock up on some crystal shards and get quite a few other supplies from their thieve drop table

Ooo that could be a good idea. I did want to make a crystal shield with my seed. I was thinking it would help with the inferno because I lack a good shield

On EIM you get about 250m cash on your way to 200m thieving, don't know the rates for normal ironmen but I would assume that you get around 60m gp, 
And yes, wilderness slayer can give you tier one emblems which cash in for 144 pkp I think, or you could do skotizo and if you're one of the top 3 damage dealers you'll get anywhere between a tier 1 and a tier 6 emblem which can cash in for up to 600 pkp, 
You won't need as much cash as you think because the crystal keys from your slayer points will give you loads of rune bars which you can use to make rune dart tips which will give loads of fletching exp.

That makes sense. I actually havnt looked at what bar(s) I currently have.

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:18 PM #10

Miya
Veteran

Miya

• Time spent:
      42d 4h 7m 41s

• Total level:
    Awards

Good luck to you on your goals! Setting these goals makes the game enjoyable, hope you smash it and can't to see the progress of your account!

Posted Image

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:08 AM #11

MT
Veteran

MT

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

Best of luck towards getting comp monkey, you can do it!

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:11 AM #12

J boogs
Veteran

J boogs
Clan: Retired

• Time spent:
      287d 15h 17m 31s

• Total level:
    Awards

Best of luck man! eager to see your future achievement and accomplishments you achieve through your journey here at Alora :')

Posted Image

Posted ImageServer Support - 10/13/2019

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 11/10/2019

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 1/18/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 2/16/2020

Resigned - 4/3/2020

Posted ImageServer Moderator - 6/7/2020

Posted ImageForum Moderator - 7/17/2020

Posted ImageGlobal Moderator - 10/25/2020

Resigned - 12/22/2020

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:33 AM #13

beans n cake
Donator

beans n cake
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      163d 1h 51m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards
Good luck man. That's going to be quite the 3 week grind but definitely do-anle

Gimbeans.gif

Scythe.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

GIM Goals
Spoiler

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:34 PM #14

lmf
Super Donator

lmf

• Time spent:
      16h 2m 40s

• Previous username:
    Ef ironman

• Total level:

Thank you to everyone for the advice and encouragement! After some time I've edited my plan a bit.

• First off, I am going to go ahead with Thieving and Fletching. I have a ton of bars and logs I can fletch and with the money from thieving I will buy broad bolts. With Thieving I will need to thieve the elves at Priff in order to get crystal shards and make a crystal shield (need for inferno later), I will follow that up with either heros or super stall. All while splashing overnight.
  • After that I will need to run over to barrows and grind for a Ahrim's top. I guess that is the one piece of Ahrim's I don't have. This will be needed for the Inferno.
  • After that I will need to go to the mage arena and get a master wand so I can autocast blood/ice barrage in the Inferno.
  • I will do the achievements following that.
  • And the Music cape following shortly after that
  • THEN I will attempt the Inferno. As I watch more walkthroughs I think my weakest points in gear set up will be the lack of twisted bow and arma crossbow. I only have a blowpipe and dragon crossbow. But I don't think that will necessarily prevent me from successfully completing it. And if it does well then I will just pursue other projects for now. 

Honestly, if I do everything and then simply can't beat the Inferno I won't kill myself. If it's a matter of not having the right gear well that's just the life of an Ironman. I am sure I will get the gear eventually and before that I will just work on some of the other high level pursuits. Like RAIDS! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 83 user(s)