13 replies to this topic

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:25 PM #1

U would know
User

U would know

• Time spent:
      7h 52m 55s

• Total level:

Allow us to obtain the arclight in an alternative way. Completing daily tasks to buy the arclight through the store is tedious and greatly increases the time needed to get arclight. As an alternative, the arclight should be obtainable in a similar way to OSRS; we should be able to use ancient shards on the darklight to create the arclight. A suitable amount of shards should be required to create the arclight, so that it does not make obtaining the arclight through the daily task shop obsolete. 

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:26 PM #2

Slxt
Extreme Donator

Slxt

• Time spent:
      6d 6h 51m 36s

• Total level:

Support, don't see any reason why it shouldn't be implemented (:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:47 PM #3

Rockstar
Super Donator

Rockstar

• Time spent:
      2d 12h 5m 54s

• Total level:
    Awards

Thought it was already able to do that??? If not it needs to be! make it just like osrs?

hPGDCSD.png?1sTIiZp8.gif

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:15 PM #4

broy00
Super Donator

broy00

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 37m 51s

• Total level:
I support

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:37 PM #5

GIM Flex
Group Ironman

GIM Flex

• Time spent:
      23d 17h 28m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

This has not been implemented, but would be nice to see. Also would of been nice to see you use the format provided <3

This suggestion HAS been suggestion previously if I recall correctly.

Correct meta is darklight + 3 ancient shards. Def need more than that, make daily still an easier/close to same time grind to still make it a rarer item

CIkjVwQ.png

oof2.png

gim.gif?width=772&height=187

KgZ1Nz8.png
October 2018; ^^ Still my personal favourite signature photo., hands down. Was randomly DM'D to me.

Gim Clan Signature [old]

Spoiler

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:50 PM #6

Maximum73
Ex-Staff

Maximum73

• Time spent:
      30d 7h 51m 49s

• Previous username:
    Just Monika

• Total level:
    Awards

I support this. Shouldn't be locked behind daily tasks, same way as osrs with the shards would be good. 

Posted Image

Just Monika. Just Monika.

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:41 PM #7

A BJ
Veteran

A BJ
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      30d 18h 30m 15s

• Previous username:
    Eimscout2444

• Total level:
    Awards
No support I worked really hard to obtain my arc light recently through doing daily tasks. Just roll up the sleeves and get to work on trying to do the daily tasks. I understand it may be hard to get but eventually your hard work will pay off .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:59 PM #8

SuperiorIQ
Banned

SuperiorIQ

Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      59d 13h 36m 15s

• Previous username:
    Myy Nibbla

• Total level:
    Awards

Personally, I support this but I also feel bad for those who grinded daily tasks in order to obtain one. So I'm neutral on this one.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:05 PM #9

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

It would be nice to see arclight become accessible by other means. Support.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:25 PM #10

skt faker
User

skt faker

• Time spent:
      48d 8h 21m 28s

• Previous username:
    ThotGreegree

• Total level:
    Awards

No support - theres barely enough things in the shop to grind for, and the dailies are easy as to do, gets you around the map too.

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:28 PM #11

Lunar Spell
Banned

Lunar Spell

• Time spent:
      9d 8h 34m 52s

• Previous username:
    Slayer

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm kinda on the border with this one. I'm with @ SuperiorIQ , neutral.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:34 AM #12

U would know
User

U would know

• Time spent:
      7h 52m 55s

• Total level:

Hey guys, I just wanted to reply to the concerns of my suggestion.

First off, sorry for not following the suggestion format. I prob should've read that before posting.

My original qualm with the way arclight has been implemented is how artificial adding it to the daily shop feels considering all components needed for the arclight are actually accessible ingame (ie darklight and ancient shards). I am not also a fan of the concept of a daily task shop because it timegates content for no good reason. This is why I suggested the arclight be obtainable by using a SUITABLE amount of shards so that the in-game time needed to obtain the arclight through either method is similar

A concern I heard from the replies here is that this is unfair to people who have already grinded for the arclight. First off, I should just say that I don't enjoy the mentality that having to go through an undesirable grind should force others to go onto that same grind for the foreseeable future of the game. Second, this concern is mostly a non-issue as the amount of shards required should be balanced so that a similar amount of in-game time is spent in order to obtain the arclight. I believe the best measure of fairness in obtaining an item is measured by the amount of time actually playing the game is needed to get it. If both require similar amounts of time, then it is fair and a new player has no advantage over someone who got it previously.

Another concern I heard was that adding this method means there would be less things to grind for in the daily shop. In case my message wasn't clear, I am NOT trying to get the arclight removed from the daily shop, nor am I trying to make getting the arclight through the daily shop obsolete (as stated in my original post). Like mentioned above, a similar amount of in-game time should be required to obtain it either way. This means that obtaining the arclight through the daily shop is still a viable way of obtaining the arclight, while an alternative method exists for those who decide they don't want to do it through the daily shop.

Thank you for your time everyone.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 09:57 AM #13

Real Pivo
Realism

Real Pivo

• Time spent:
      9d 21h 8m 39s

• Total level:

OSRS WIKI: 

Arclight provides a 70% increase in accuracy and damage when used against demonic creatures, effectively providing better damage output than an abyssal tentacle against these targets. 

Arclight can be made by using Darklight on the altar in the centre of the Catacombs of Kourend while 3 ancient shards are in the inventory. It initially has 1000 charges and gains an additional 1000 charges for every 3 shards added, and can hold a maximum of 10,000 charges. One charge is consumed for each successful attack when using Arclight, with the exception of special attacks. If all the charges are consumed, it will revert back to Darklight.

Funny how some want Alora content to be aligned as close to OSRS as possible, until they have grinded for something and feel elite about it. Might as well throw the abby tent in the shop for the same amount of points and remove it from the drop table, lol.

With all fun aside, and stated in older suggestions in regards of this topic, yes you have my support.

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:05 PM #14

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 14h 17m 43s

• Total level:
    Awards

This is a reasonable suggestion, seeing as we've added a lot of new items to the Daily shop. I've added the arc light to the Skotizo drop table at ~1/30 chance as an alternative.

Your suggestion has been accepted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 159 user(s)