21 replies to this topic

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:37 PM #1

EIM Dabz
Classic

EIM Dabz

• Time spent:
      14h 8m 59s

• Total level:

#1: Putting the Tome of Fire and the chaos gauntlets in the Mage bank mini-game. 

With the tome moving from the achievement shop to the daily shop, i feel there is just too much to buy with daily challenge points now with the Shayzien armor, and the gauntlets as well. the Shayzien and the cooking gauntlets are fine, but the tome and chaos gauntlets i feel are low-mid tier items that should be able to be obtained a little easier. the tome could be the most expensive thing in the shop and it would still be worth it over the daily shop since the tome is almost a must have for ironmen and low levels early on. the chaos gauntlets could be like a mid cost item in the shop because they are really only used in niche situations (early barrows, quests, ect)

#2: A working spec orb outside of wildy just like in osrs.

I just feel this is a good quality of life update that most players don't think about but is a HUGE advantage to PVM and I don't think it would hurt to have it in the game if possible.

Thank you for you're time.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:39 PM #2

Slxt
Extreme Donator

Slxt

• Time spent:
      6d 6h 51m 36s

• Total level:

100% Support with #1, way too much that is acquired through daily tasks, especially given the insanely slow rate of obtaining points and absurdly high prices.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:42 PM #3

Immortal Fox
Veteran

Immortal Fox
Clan: #Cheeselog

• Time spent:
      133d 21h 33m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

1. Agreed. 250 PTS for Tome of Fire and 100 each for Cooking/Chaos gauntlets is overkill. These items were easily purchasable within 30 minutes of starting a fresh account when we had the old diaries which was perfect given these are essential early game items on Alora. Points either need to be nerfed drastically or moved to another store as you suggested.

2. Use the rejuvenation pool at Edge Furnace, has the same effect.

Posted Image

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:45 PM #4

EIM Dabz
Classic

EIM Dabz

• Time spent:
      14h 8m 59s

• Total level:

@Immortal Fox i mean a clickable orb to activate spec without having to go to the combat tab. it would only work outside of the wild though, same as in osrs. Appreciate your support though :)

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:46 PM #5

Immortal Fox
Veteran

Immortal Fox
Clan: #Cheeselog

• Time spent:
      133d 21h 33m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ Immortal Fox i mean a clickable orb to activate spec without having to go to the combat tab. it would only work outside of the wild though, same as in osrs. Appreciate your support though :)

Oh, I misinterpreted that. If it's on OSRS I don't see any reason it can't be on here. 

Posted Image

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:53 PM #6

FeAzzahLaw
Ironman

FeAzzahLaw
Clan: None

• Time spent:
      39d 22h 43m 49s

• Total level:
    Awards

150% agree with the mage arena idea, I barely care about specing, just click things till they die, but as it's in OsRS I wouldn't mind seeing it added here :D!

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:21 AM #7

Flight Risk
Donator

Flight Risk

• Time spent:
      46d 20h 27m 32s

• Previous username:
    pemis1

• Total level:
    Awards

I support #1 its a very good way to make it less grindy but still having to do stuff to get what you need

obddGsG.gif
Signature by - @Sunnilail98

Spoiler

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:22 AM #8

GIM Flex
Group Ironman

GIM Flex

• Time spent:
      23d 17h 28m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

I support although we DO NEED a meta still for the hc's. Would love to see more people grinding wildy npcs as well as the need to have requirements. Prior you could be level-3 with all setup gear due to achievements.

CIkjVwQ.png

oof2.png

gim.gif?width=772&height=187

KgZ1Nz8.png
October 2018; ^^ Still my personal favourite signature photo., hands down. Was randomly DM'D to me.

Gim Clan Signature [old]

Spoiler

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:32 AM #9

EIM Dabz
Classic

EIM Dabz

• Time spent:
      14h 8m 59s

• Total level:

@GIM Flex maybe add the tome to the vote shop as well for hc's? it would cost some gp or time but wouldn't have to go to the wildy

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:36 AM #10

GIM Flex
Group Ironman

GIM Flex

• Time spent:
      23d 17h 28m 55s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ GIM Flex maybe add the tome to the vote shop as well for hc's? it would cost some gp or time but wouldn't have to go to the wildy

Always down to see more "Vote intensive" items, then we would all be able to refer to vote shop if not wanting to go into wildy. I Wouldn't want to see it more than 3/4 books though.

CIkjVwQ.png

oof2.png

gim.gif?width=772&height=187

KgZ1Nz8.png
October 2018; ^^ Still my personal favourite signature photo., hands down. Was randomly DM'D to me.

Gim Clan Signature [old]

Spoiler

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:37 AM #11

EIM Dabz
Classic

EIM Dabz

• Time spent:
      14h 8m 59s

• Total level:

@GIM Flex I agree.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:09 AM #12

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards

Tome of fire and chaos gauntlets are definitely low/mid tier items that are overpriced in the daily shop. I would suggest either lowering their costs on the stop, or move them to a more convenient shop. Mage Arena would be one possibility.

As for your second suggestion, I am a neutral on it. Although it would be easier for players doing PvM, it would make PvP much easier which is not necessarily what the PvP community wants. Hotkeys are there for a reason to switch between tabs quickly and efficiently.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:03 AM #13

A BJ
Veteran

A BJ
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      30d 18h 30m 15s

• Previous username:
    Eimscout2444

• Total level:
    Awards
Support adding the tome to mage area in wilderness would also make wildy more active.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:05 AM #14

EIM Dabz
Classic

EIM Dabz

• Time spent:
      14h 8m 59s

• Total level:

@Moral truth The way osrs did it with the spec orb was disabling it inside of the wilderness because you're right, it would be too op for PVP.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:11 PM #15

PICKIN FLAX
Donator

PICKIN FLAX
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      26d 31m 38s

• Previous username:
    F

• Total level:
    Awards

#1. Support. Although while making the Tome of Fire/Chaos Gaunts available via Mage Arena points would make Mage Arena slightly more active, I'm not entirely sure how well it'd play out for beginners. Grinding out Infinity boots/mage's book is one thing because they are GOOD gear to have, but Tome of Fire and Chaos Gaunts are like Ironman101, which is why I think if Mage Arena isn't the place to move them to, it for sure would still be better moving them out of the Daily Shop.

#2. Also Support a working spec orb next to our minimap for out of wilderness activities, although it probably isn't a high priority at the moment.

Appeals | Support | Official Rules | Two-Factor AuthenticationEadmKo4.gif

dysnasty-signature-final.gif?width=969&h

[/spoiler]

Don't Click Here.

Spoiler

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:19 PM #16

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

I suggested spec orb being clickable too, so I support!

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:36 PM #17

TGIM Novalia
Group Ironman

TGIM Novalia

• Time spent:
      6d 8h 13m 53s

• Total level:
Support for both.

I've mentioned it before, but I think there needs to be a complete rework of the daily task shop.
Taking another look at the vote shop wouldn't hurt either, as there are many things that could be added to it such as the Tome of Fire.

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:50 PM #18

EIM Dabz
Classic

EIM Dabz

• Time spent:
      14h 8m 59s

• Total level:

We could also maybe add the tome and gauntlets as rewards for achievement diaries as well. like the Tome being part of the Kebos diaries and the gauntlets to the Varrock diaries. would give more incentive to do the diaries and make them the first thing people grind, making their grind a little better with the other rewards.

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:22 AM #19

TenFour
Group Ironman

TenFour
Clan: Not Staff

• Time spent:
      65d 10h 45m

• Previous username:
    GIM 10 4

• Total level:
    Awards

1. I support this idea, personally I think the daily task shop is difficult to obtain lots of points from and like you said there are a lot of items to be bought from there now. With that being said personally I know how instrumental the Tome of Fire was to my early game as an IM as it was a great gateway into mid-tier activities such as barrows/kraken/etc thus I think the difficulty of obtaining it should reflect this.  As for HC's there will need to be a way for them to obtain a low-tier item without massive risk to their account. I think the point mentioned of adding it into the vote store as well is a great idea and could give these accounts an obtainable means to getting the Tome/Gauntlets.

2. Personally I don't do much PvP so I can't speak to the effects in that but I don't think it would have much effect on PvM and if it's something on OS I think it would be beneficial for Alora. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:07 PM #20

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

1. I support this idea, personally I think the daily task shop is difficult to obtain lots of points from and like you said there are a lot of items to be bought from there now. With that being said personally I know how instrumental the Tome of Fire was to my early game as an IM as it was a great gateway into mid-tier activities such as barrows/kraken/etc thus I think the difficulty of obtaining it should reflect this.  As for HC's there will need to be a way for them to obtain a low-tier item without massive risk to their account. I think the point mentioned of adding it into the vote store as well is a great idea and could give these accounts an obtainable means to getting the Tome/Gauntlets.

2. Personally I don't do much PvP so I can't speak to the effects in that but I don't think it would have much effect on PvM and if it's something on OS I think it would be beneficial for Alora. 

It is disabled on wilderness on OSRS. So PvM only :)

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 59 user(s)