F R E D
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 23m 57s

• Previous username:
    Iron Mike Ty

• Total level:
    Awards

What is your suggestion?: To remove "Chance of an extra item in Raids" & % "Chance of an extra item in Raids" and add weekly raid booster scrolls handed out to those who qualify for the current raid bonus benefit.

Is this in OSRS?: Well...

Has this suggestion been accepted already?: Couldn't find anyone suggesting it

How would this benefit Alora?: It would make the items from COX more valuable and exotic, as they are meant to be being BIS items. It would also make it less p2w, while still handing out some sort of benefit to those who donated to alora.

First off i just wanna state, that i'm not some angry, super dry $5 donator who is pissed about not getting a COX drop on 5th raid. I just think it's sad to log on every day, and seeing 8-20 items+(!!!) handed out daily. With a playerbase of >5000 this makes the items less valuable (not in quality but in quantity), and makes it less exciting for people who actually gets it. 

Also this topic is mostly regarding COX, as I have no sense of how the current donator benefit has affected TOB.
The current state of COX is people getting items daily, with some individual players (mostly high donators) getting more than one item a day, and I think it's sad to see how the exclusive and exotic items are given out as if it was christmas every day. 

My suggestion is therefor: Remove these benefits from them, but instead hand out raid booster scrolls, so that the donators who spent a lot of money, will still have a benefit at raids, getting 30% more points. These scrolls could be given by an npc at ::shops, and could be picked up x amount of times weekly, depending on donator status.

I hope i made it clear, English isn't my native language, so please comment if you have any questions on certain things i've stated.

And to end it off, I know that the drop rates haven't been published, yet - it's a fact that immortal donators have high benefits of getting drops, as we see very often. I'm not looking to take away their COX benefits, but rather, with this suggestion, i'm trying to suggest a way to stabilize the amount of COX items which are handed out.

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:52 AM #2

beans n cake
Donator

beans n cake

• Time spent:
      163d 1h 51m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards
No support. Plenty of drops for all donors. There needs to be some perks.

Yes drops are common but it's also a private server. Prayer scrolls have increased in price since I started and so have twisted bows. Plenty of people with 500+ kc without a tbow btw so it's not handed out like Christmas. Keep raiding.

Gimbeans.gif

Scythe.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

GIM Goals
Spoiler

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:08 AM #3

iron kcuhc
Ironman

iron kcuhc

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 58m 2s

• Total level:

No Support.

It is a private server, so what fun is it if the raid drops are near impossible to obtain with a low drop rate, and not many people doing them.

Also, if I owned a server and someone paid as much as they do for immortal rank, I could completely understand giving them the perks they receive. 

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:17 AM #4

Real cream
Realism

Real cream

• Time spent:
      17d 22h 58m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

No support.  

I see where you're coming from, donator rank does have more rolls and a greater chance of getting loot, but i do believe it is some sort of RNG based. There has been cases where 'uber' players have gone a lot of raids dry (30+), at this instance, i would expect them to complain... however, they keep on grinding and hope for that RNG to flip. So to summarize, keep on grinding, the loot will come eventually. 

Side note, I do agree about certain players getting multiple drops daily, but they do put in the graft, you got to admire that.

All Accounts

Spoiler

Achievements

Spoiler

Progress Topics

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:23 AM #5

F R E D
Donator

F R E D

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 23m 57s

• Previous username:
    Iron Mike Ty

• Total level:
    Awards

Right, so the first 3 commenters all said "keep raiding" or "keep grinding". I think you should read the full thread before commenting your feedback. The suggestion would not change how my droprates, only the high donators. I think it's fine if you disagree with the overall suggestion, but please Beans n cake and kruhc, don't make it seem like i'm just a pissed off dry raider, that's disrespectful

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:29 AM #6

Immortal Donator

Clan: 11

• Time spent:
      90d 18h 15m 48s

• Previous username:
    GLS

• Total level:
    Awards

No support

The donor ranks etc. have been effecting the drops from COX for over two years now, and the economy is still not hurting that bad.  This is a private sever so changing benefits that make it less p2w wouldn't really make much sense.  This isn't meant to be a 1000 hour grind necessarily, and I get that your compensation with the scrolls and all, but I'll tell you right now the only thing busted with COX is the overall rates, NOT the donors (though they are very op).  So don't think I'm saying this because of my donor status, but just know that this suggestion will more than likely not make it.

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:32 AM #7

N0 t3l3 pl0x
User

N0 t3l3 pl0x
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      6d 4h 40m 12s

• Total level:

I think it's quite balanced. There are some uber+ donators extremely dry of a tbow that I know off. I was also thinking about it being too overpowered for drops. But you don't really get to see how much people raid. You only see the drops wich might give a false image. 

8SKiVip.png

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:42 AM #8

F R E D
Donator

F R E D

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 23m 57s

• Previous username:
    Iron Mike Ty

• Total level:
    Awards

No support

The donor ranks etc. have been effecting the drops from COX for over two years now, and the economy is still not hurting that bad.  This is a private sever so changing benefits that make it less p2w wouldn't really make much sense.  This isn't meant to be a 1000 hour grind necessarily, and I get that your compensation with the scrolls and all, but I'll tell you right now the only thing busted with COX is the overall rates, NOT the donors (though they are very op).  So don't think I'm saying this because of my donor status, but just know that this suggestion will more than likely not make it.

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Your comment made me realize that this suggestion is my subjective opinion about how the game should look, and not how the game SHOULD look. I see now, that not everyone wants the raid items to be a grind, and i respect that.

No support

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Your comment made me realize that this suggestion is my subjective opinion about how the game should look, and not how the game SHOULD look. I see now, that not everyone wants the raid items to be a grind, and i respect that.

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:52 AM #9

beans n cake
Donator

beans n cake

• Time spent:
      163d 1h 51m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

Right, so the first 3 commenters all said "keep raiding" or "keep grinding". I think you should read the full thread before commenting your feedback. The suggestion would not change how my droprates, only the high donators. I think it's fine if you disagree with the overall suggestion, but please Beans n cake and kruhc, don't make it seem like i'm just a pissed off dry raider, that's disrespectful

Just like with the Slayer rework, a lot of people grind and support this server for these extra benefits. It's not disrespectful, it's just my opinion. Someone who has spent little time on a server and on raids making suggestions that would majorly change the server is "disrespectful"

Gimbeans.gif

Scythe.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

GIM Goals
Spoiler

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:03 AM #10

iron kcuhc
Ironman

iron kcuhc

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 58m 2s

• Total level:

Hey man, no where in my comment did I say keep raiding or keep grinding- in fact I didnt even mention you personally raiding whatsoever. Also, nowhere did I state you were pissed off and dry, because once again, I didn't personally mention you raiding in my post. So I was not being disrespectful towards you - because in that post I didn't directly mention you. 

I did read the full post prior to my reply, and after re-reading it, I still stand by no support. Someone paying that much to support a private server so the rest of us can play it, should indeed have more benefits, whether they're lucrative or not, because it is such a small minority that are actually effected by this perk. 

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:07 AM #11

Dab
Veteran

Dab

• Time spent:
      134d 7h 8m 54s

• Previous username:
    GIM Dab

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, I have literally watched a normal donator get 3 raid drops in 1 chest and that's literally all they can get.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:13 AM #12

F R E D
Donator

F R E D

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 23m 57s

• Previous username:
    Iron Mike Ty

• Total level:
    Awards

No support, I have literally watched a normal donator get 3 raid drops in 1 chest and that's literally all they can get.

I think you misunderstand the suggestion? It isn't to make it more balanced between players, but to "spawn" less drops into the game.... Please read before commenting ok?

Hey man, no where in my comment did I say keep raiding or keep grinding- in fact I didnt even mention you personally raiding whatsoever. Also, nowhere did I state you were pissed off and dry, because once again, I didn't personally mention you raiding in my post. So I was not being disrespectful towards you - because in that post I didn't directly mention you. 

I did read the full post prior to my reply, and after re-reading it, I still stand by no support. Someone paying that much to support a private server so the rest of us can play it, should indeed have more benefits, whether they're lucrative or not, because it is such a small minority that are actually effected by this perk. 

I might have mixed people up, i'm truly sorry. I understand your reasoning and respect it. Thanks!

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:30 AM #13

Aritus
Ironman

Aritus
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      130d 1h 9m 33s

• Previous username:
    Arcadus

• Total level:
    Awards

Before I'll truly comment on this topic, please fix your lay out. It's very hard to read like this, while theres a simple format which all you have to do is copy, paste and fill it below.

Coming through your suggestion, I wouldn't say that it's a bad suggestion, because I truly understand where you are coming from. But keep in mind that a $5000 and a $10 total spent is a huge difference and here by I think it's fair(also for myself) that we should get some extra drop boost. Other than that there are no benefits which worths 5000 or above aside of the drop rates. So I'd truly recommend you to step into our shoes and look from our aspect as well. 

The weekly raids boost isn't a bad thing either, but I think it could be really overpowered if you could stack them up weekly. Other than that it will crashes all of the current raids boosters as quantity as the price, so I'd rather keep it like the way it is now.

My suggestion is therefor: Remove these benefits from them, but instead hand out raid booster scrolls, so that the donators who spent a lot of money, will still have a benefit at raids, getting 30% more points. These scrolls could be given by an npc at ::shops, and could be picked up x amount of times weekly, depending on donator status.

I hope i made it clear, English isn't my native language, so please comment if you have any questions on certain things i've stated.

And to end it off, I know that the drop rates haven't been published, yet - it's a fact that immortal donators have high benefits of getting drops, as we see very often. I'm not looking to take away their COX benefits, but rather, with this suggestion, i'm trying to suggest a way to stabilize the amount of COX items which are handed out.

Okay this is where I became getting questions. First of you want to remove the benefit, but then you're telling us that you don't want to take away their benefits as a high donator? You're telling others to read before comment, but then in the same time you're over reading your own topic? Are you suggesting to take away their benefits or not, because it seems very unclear to me what you exactly want.

No support.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:34 AM #14

A BJ
Veteran

A BJ
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      30d 18h 30m 15s

• Previous username:
    Eimscout2444

• Total level:
    Awards
No support. The raids bonus has been in the game for a few years now and is considered by many to be a perk for there donor rank they have achieved either by grinding out items in the game to buy their rank or buying the rank with real life money. Not all that but it has been in the game for years now so to strip it away because it seems that people are getting to many drops doesn’t make sense. While some people have insane luck at raids, others have gone 100+ dry and that’s with a lot of them being solos. A few examples I would like to give are @ SuperiorIQ going 1k dry for a tbow, @F has gone 1k dry for a scythe, and @ Vespina has gone 1k dry for a pet(which he never gonna get). If we do a little math at an average raid around 24 minutes that comes out to around 24,000 minutes which when divided by 60 minutes and this number divided by 24 comes out to 16.6 days trying to get a raids drop and that’s with there extra rolls. Now I agree that the raids should be as close to osrs as possible, but the extra rolls given by a donor rank aren’t guaranteed and are completely rng based, the man reason for this perk is for the people who have worked hard to obtain there status.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:39 AM #15

F R E D
Donator

F R E D

• Time spent:
      7d 22h 23m 57s

• Previous username:
    Iron Mike Ty

• Total level:
    Awards

Before I'll truly comment on this topic, please fix your lay out. It's very hard to read like this, while theres a simple format which all you have to do is copy, paste and fill it below.

Coming through your suggestion, I wouldn't say that it's a bad suggestion, because I truly understand where you are coming from. But keep in mind that a $5000 and a $10 total spent is a huge difference and here by I think it's fair(also for myself) that we should get some extra drop boost. Other than that there are no benefits which worths 5000 or above aside of the drop rates. So I'd truly recommend you to step into our shoes and look from our aspect as well. 

The weekly raids boost isn't a bad thing either, but I think it could be really overpowered if you could stack them up weekly. Other than that it will crashes all of the current raids boosters as quantity as the price, so I'd rather keep it like the way it is now.

Okay this is where I became getting questions. First of you want to remove the benefit, but then you're telling us that you don't want to take away their benefits as a high donator? You're telling others to read before comment, but then in the same time you're over reading your own topic? Are you suggesting to take away their benefits or not, because it seems very unclear to me what you exactly want.

No support.

As i stated, i want to take away the boosted droprates, and instead hand them boosted points. This would not take away their benefits, but instead balance it out and "nerf" it. Also - you clearly understood the topic, so what's the issue with my layout? Anyways, thanks for commenting.

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:41 AM #16

Sad Guy
Donator

Sad Guy
Clan: ICE #

• Time spent:
      11d 1h 2m 3s

• Previous username:
    I1I

• Total level:
Also no support.

RUM3qp.jpg

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:47 AM #17

Omicron

Founder

Omicron

• Time spent:
      419d 14h 57m 2s

• Total level:
    Awards

Your suggestion has been declined, if you feel this was wrongfully done please contact a Forum Moderator+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 85 user(s)