• Time spent:
      45d 12h 17m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey.

Long time no see.

Today, I heard about a new rule being added to the Alora.EYEOH community:

d53beb871c5b07374db8543053cd8056.png

I have a few questions and comments regarding this. (Feedback, Ya know, Since this IS the feedback section.)

Question 1:
What does Alora gain from restricting the OFF-SITE "Private discords" as worded, from having other things in them?
- You're quite literally causing less advertisement for the server as a whole and trying to control what goes on in someones discord just because they also are a part of the Alora community. Forgive me if I'm wrong (lol imagine), but I'm pretty sure @Omicron pays for advertising and with this new rule you're taking away one of the best advertising methods: Word of mouth. (Google it if you're not familiar with the term)

Question 2:
Who caused this rule to be put in place?
- These type of rules are always a "Cause and effect" type scenario. The rule is the effect currently. So, What was the cause? Because from what I can see after logging in even briefly I have RSPS MERK advertising a video:
f85ca6e640e652820f1dd5fe15c8a1ce.png

His thread:
d7ce320c05268e7c9771bbbbf0f58724.png

His discord:
Now, I have been a little inactive I will admit. But, I don't think these are Alora graphics:
62fdd06573d819e9d5433bb95a243408.png

So, By definition of this new rule, I guess I'm making this a public report of him breaking the rule.

But wait, There's more!
While I'm at it, Let's take a look at some other things that break this joke of a rule.

The OFFICIAL Alora newspaper:
717538bde43a8c650b06ed236d4c275d.png

I won't link them here because it'll give you an excuse to hide this post, But almost every single one of these "Video makers" and some of the "Streamers" (top part) advertise/have videos for more than just Alora. So, I hope to see each of them punished accordingly. Aswell as every other discord, youtuber, content creator, or streamer that I can find that is breaking this new rule.

Ending notes:
Before you try to be smart with the wording of the rule: "Players are only allowed to publicly advertise ---CLANS--- on the world yell and forums, If the clan is directly related to Alora only"
If I see some stupid ass comment saying "Hurr durr they are advertising videos not clans" then ANY "Clan" that is being targetted by this can re-brand as a COMMUNITY and continue to advertise because each of these "Youtubers" have their own discords as-well that AREN'T being policed because the discords are just the youtubers "Community".

Side note: The "Private clan" you're targetting with this is actually an "Open cc". Whereas the one you're trying to protect is ACTUALLY classified as a "Private clan". Work on your wording.

Disclaimer:
Remember, this is a FEEDBACK section and I am giving FEEDBACK. Also, No rules were broken in the making of this post, So I hope it doesn't end up hidden. I have it saved in a notepad just incase though.

As usual, I welcome any and all comments or questions with open arms. :smile:

- Josh.

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:07 AM #2

Extremedanny
Veteran

Extremedanny
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      217d 16h 41m 18s

• Total level:
    Awards
Well even while voting you see advertisememts of different servers so lets stop voting too.
Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:09 AM #3

God
Group Ironman

God
Clan: #SEA

• Time spent:
      45d 12h 17m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Well even while voting you see advertisememts of different servers so lets stop voting too.

Retweet.

Not-a-one-word-post

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:27 AM #4

Ultistic
Veteran

Ultistic
Clan: IDFWY

• Time spent:
      205d 18h 13m 37s

• Previous username:
    Lowkey

• Total level:
    Awards

Thanks for the feedback brother.

We will be discussing this further between the Higher-ups. I've already PMed you about some stuff regarding this so I won't post it here.

Just know I appreciate the feedback :mKomrade: 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:31 AM #5

Immortal Donator

Clan: 11

• Time spent:
      90d 18h 15m 48s

• Previous username:
    GLS

• Total level:
    Awards

I'm not going to state what side I'm on for the rule itself.  

What I will say though is that I see the obvious issues with it, and as a leader of one of the clans on Alora it doesn't exactly effect my clan, but I don't see this as being fair to the other clan(s) that have a discord related to another server.  I can go on and list the issues with the rule, but I also see why the rule was put in place.  Either way at the end of the day if you would rather pick another server over Alora because you enjoy it more than that's on you.  Servers are advertised everywhere whether it be on youtube, voting sites, or even random ads.

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:34 AM #6

Tauri

Event Manager

Tauri
Clan: ESTSOF

• Time spent:
      118d 16h 23m 38s

• Previous username:
    Not Tauri

• Total level:
    Awards

I kinda want to express my feelings towards this topic, so I'm going to do it. Keep in mind, that this opinion and feedback is solely by me as a person, not by someone who belongs to any private or public clans.

I am extremely disappointed at the people who decided to apply the rule, because as @God stated in the sidenote, this rule was mainly targeted to one CC in Alora. If we count all the CC's in the game, how many do we have?

Competition is natural, but using your position of power to eliminate people from the game, who are trying to find more friends to play games with is not. I hope that this topic right here is going to have a wake-up call effect on you guys and instead of trying to target some people in the game, focus on the job you were supposed to do when applying for staff rank in the first place.

CAQfOl.gif

Promoted to Server Support - 5/07/2022

Promoted to Server Moderator - 24/07/2022

Promoted to Forum Moderator - 28/08/2022

Promoted to Global Moderator - 02/10/2022

Promoted to Event Manager - 01/12/2022

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:57 AM #7

P0P SM0KE
Uber Donator

P0P SM0KE

• Time spent:
      2d 50m 29s

• Previous username:
    Verticle

• Total level:
    Awards

100% agree with everything said in this post (so surprised it hasn't been taken down already).

q12.png

q14.png

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:07 AM #8

A
Veteran

A

• Time spent:
      51d 3h 32m 31s

• Previous username:
    GIM Deathkid

• Total level:
    Awards

Thank you all for your feedback. Rest assured your worries are not going unanswered. We will further discuss the topic, and hopefully, reach an outcome that is favorable towards both parties.

I kinda want to express my feelings towards this topic, so I'm going to do it. Keep in mind, that this opinion and feedback is solely by me as a person, not by someone who belongs to any private or public clans.

I am extremely disappointed at the people who decided to apply the rule, because as @God stated in the sidenote, this rule was mainly targeted to one CC in Alora. If we count all the CC's in the game, how many do we have?

Competition is natural, but using your position of power to eliminate people from the game, who are trying to find more friends to play games with is not. I hope that this topic right here is going to have a wake-up call effect on you guys and instead of trying to target some people in the game, focus on the job you were supposed to do when applying for staff rank in the first place.

Thank you for your feedback. As staff members, our top priority is protecting the interests of Alora. Healthy competition is indeed natural, however; there are more factors that come in to play when approaching a complicated situation such as the one we are currently in.

Once again, thank you to everyone who had inputs towards the topic. Your concerns will be addressed and discussed.

Posted Image

Awards

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:21 AM #9

mochiii
Ironman

mochiii

• Time spent:
      108d 17h 3m 32s

• Previous username:
    HC Ashley

• Total level:
    Awards

Please do not take anything i say here personal, and if you wish to response please think before you write. I have made all my comments on a unbiased platform of choice.

From my PERSONAL perspective i think I'm noticing a lot of misunderstanding to what the rule entails due to a lot of emotionally affected responses.

The rule states " Players are only allowed to publicly advertise clans on the world yell & forums, if the clan is directly related to Alora only."

• This is not meant to deteriorate advertising, but only stop advertising of those "clans" it self that also promote other servers as competition.

This is meant to create a in-Alora clan base that only promotes competition towards one another without exposing their player base to other servers through their discords/clan chat methods outside of Alora. Advertising a discord that promotes other servers just cause is a "clan" in alora also is a indirect way of saying/promoting the other servers and this is just a rule that helps prevent that in its some ways.

​I can understand the frustration and why some individuals are upset about this rule, but its to create a healthy in-Alora based clan competition.\

I have no response to the "video makers section" so that's open to discussion, but saying "So, I hope to see each of them punished accordingly." is a unjust response. 

Im sorry but "using your position of power to eliminate people from the game" are you serious? for as long as ive been playing i see no reason for any of the staff members to take such low and pitiful attempt of wanting to rid of a player base or use their powers in means to "reduce competition" between clans.

Long story short, i THINK alora just wants clans that are formed and based in alora to create a healthy in game competition without the exposure of other servers through their own platforms.

vZLNpbY.png

Promoted to Server Support - 5/15/2021

Promoted to Server Moderator - 6/13/2021

Demoted from Server Moderator - 10/9/2021

Community Awards

Spoiler

Screenies

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:43 AM #10

Code 002
Veteran

Code 002
Clan: Alora

• Time spent:
      121d 3h 4m 40s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's nice to see some old faces I haven't seen in over a year. Hope all has been well for everyone in this time.

I would like to express my feelings and thoughts that made me come to this decision.

First off I would like to say the difference between an "Open" cc and a "private" cc. An open cc ANYONE can join at ANY given time. Thus allowing a more ease of access to "other" rsps (we all know games such as COD and WOW are not a part of this *potential* new rule). Do not twist my wording to your pleasure and agenda.

Secondly, think of this from a "never played alora this is my first time" movie.
They would see the advertising of a friendly helpful OPEN cc.

They join this help clan.

They notice 300 players in the clan. ( :Pog:)

Yet only a handful actually still play the game it is based off of. In my eyes I joined the clan to be a part of the community along with the game itself. If I saw talks/giveaways/events for other servers while trying to seek HELP for alora. Why wouldn't i just not play alora and go play with the rest of the community I've joined.

^^This is just my opinion since at one point I was a cute noob aswell.

Now onto the topic of Youtubers. If my memory serves me right YouTubers are essentially paid advertisers to an extent for the longevity of the server. (I could be wrong but doubt it) This is where the difference lies within. Where as an OPEN clan has near free reign of what's going on inside of both their Discord and Ingame CC.
@Hellish, @KP if my memory also serves me right again. Haven't WE punished people in the past for scenarios resembling this situation? And sorry to call you two out like this but you're the 2 I respect the most. Why all of a sudden that neither of the 2 of you are with us, that this is now ONLY pointed at the clan? Again not to just point at you two in particular but rather discuss about it than just say "stfu toxic ex staff" were all grown here.

Also in the case of Youtubers. If they advertise non alora related videos through an Alora platform ie. Discord, forums. They have had their rights as a Youtuber REVOKED and banned from said platform. Always have always will.

And @Not Tauri (not pointing you out you were just the one to make me think this)
I understand your viewpoint on "competition" between clans (kinda how clans interact with each other) but when new people are torn between a competition between SERVERS when they JOINED VIA ALORA. Is scummy and realistically players are being (scalped) from one platform to being ushered onto another platform. Also having members of ICE contact other clan members AND <Keyword!!! Non affiliated players of the alora community to "come play Ikov with us we dont really play alora that much anymore"
Is indirect advertising at its finest. (Word of mouth) if you dont know it Google it ;)

Also coming back to the "using position of power to essentially get rid of the competition " is about as tinfoil as I could possibly imagine. Like how in any way shape or form does that make sense. Besides attempting to stir the pot more than it is already. THAT seems so close minded and biased I really shouldn't even be replying to tbh but I'm irked to no end.

Now again, just my opinion on the matter. As it is intended to preserve the integrity of ALORA and nothing else. Any questions or concerns about MY opinion feel free to message me (currently at work so please be patient).

And lastly I'll reiterate what I said at first.

It's nice to see alot of old faces I haven't seen ingame in over a year start popping back up again.
Welcome back we've missed you.

-Alex

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:04 AM #11

God
Group Ironman

God

• Time spent:
      45d 12h 17m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

This isn't where I wanted nor will let this thread go. It's not staff bashing. I'm not accusing anybody of abusing power. I'm saying and giving reasons as to why the rule should be removed as it's extremely flawed.

Accusing someone of "Abusing their power to eliminate people from the game" is the same tinfoil bullshit that helped cause and fuels this stupid ass petty war between people on here. These may be your opinions, But I won't let my feedback thread turn into staff bashing when it wasn't intended to be that. Make your own thread if you wish to continue.

Please do not take anything i say here personal, and if you wish to response please think before you write. I have made all my comments on a unbiased platform of choice.

From my PERSONAL perspective i think I'm noticing a lot of misunderstanding to what the rule entails due to a lot of emotionally affected responses.

The rule states " Players are only allowed to publicly advertise clans on the world yell & forums, if the clan is directly related to Alora only."

• This is not meant to deteriorate advertising, but only stop advertising of those "clans" it self that also promote other servers as competition.

This is meant to create a in-Alora clan base that only promotes competition towards one another without exposing their player base to other servers through their discords/clan chat methods outside of Alora. Advertising a discord that promotes other servers just cause is a "clan" in alora also is a indirect way of saying/promoting the other servers and this is just a rule that helps prevent that in its some ways.

​I can understand the frustration and why some individuals are upset about this rule, but its to create a healthy in-Alora based clan competition.\

I have no response to the "video makers section" so that's open to discussion, but saying "So, I hope to see each of them punished accordingly." is a unjust response. 

Im sorry but "using your position of power to eliminate people from the game" are you serious? for as long as ive been playing i see no reason for any of the staff members to take such low and pitiful attempt of wanting to rid of a player base or use their powers in means to "reduce competition" between clans.

Long story short, i THINK alora just wants clans that are formed and based in alora to create a healthy in game competition without the exposure of other servers through their own platforms.

Let's start with your opening statement. It ends with "I have made all my comments on a unbiased platform of choice."

- While I'm not assuming the opposite, You have a clan listed in your profile. So, Most if not all people would assume you have what's called "Unconscious bias", Which also means you could type "I'm not bias" all you want because it's "unconscious"

You then instantly jump into accusing bias or sorry, "Emotional" responses for other peoples comments. I will go back and put your opening line as mine and I recommend everybody else doing the same, So therefore it can't be emotional or bias by your standards, Right?

"This is not meant to deteriorate advertising, but only stop advertising of those "clans" it self that also promote other servers as competition."

- I know that wasn't the original intention of the rule, That's part of the problem. The implications of this rule were not thought out at all it seems.

"This is meant to create a in-Alora clan base that only promotes competition towards one another without exposing their player base to other servers through their discords/clan chat methods outside of Alora. Advertising a discord that promotes other servers just cause is a "clan" in alora also is a indirect way of saying/promoting the other servers and this is just a rule that helps prevent that in its some ways."

- Why does there need to be competition? Why can't multiple communities just exist peacefully?

Also, The discord doesn't "Promote" other servers, They have multiple sections in which you can C H O O S E to be apart of, or not.

"Long story short, i THINK alora just wants clans that are formed and based in alora to create a healthy in game competition without the exposure of other servers through their own platforms."

- If this were the case, there would be no youtubers on the platform. There would be no voting on the platform. As these things also "promote" other servers.

I'm working on my reply to you too dw @Code 002 - Didn't wanna put 3 replies in one and make this one single post a page long.

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:32 AM #12

Banks
Veteran

Banks
Clan: Salty Ex-Admins

• Time spent:
      157d 3h 1m 13s

• Total level:
    Awards
Very well said. I’m not going to accuse anyone of abusing their powers, but I do have my opinion on this matter and it’s not a positive one. I will keep it unbiased, just like I did when I was Staff. I think that this is probably the most ridiculous rule I’ve ever seen written for Alora (and we’ve had some controversial ones in our time, a few of which were reversed shortly after being added due to large backlash within the community). It’s blatantly obvious not only that this rule is targeted, but that the Higher-Up team (who, unless things have changed, are who discuss and execute rule changes) were incredibly negligent and did not think the rule completely through whatsoever with how this rule effects everything around it, not just the community they’re trying to pin down.

I’m not going to put on my tinfoil hat and ride into the sunset with the sun reflecting off it and a pitchfork in my hand, but the purpose of this rule is obvious even to the people unaffected and it needs to be reconsidered immediately.

draisig2.png

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:37 AM #13

God
Group Ironman

God

• Time spent:
      45d 12h 17m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

It's nice to see some old faces I haven't seen in over a year. Hope all has been well for everyone in this time.

I would like to express my feelings and thoughts that made me come to this decision.

First off I would like to say the difference between an "Open" cc and a "private" cc. An open cc ANYONE can join at ANY given time. Thus allowing a more ease of access to "other" rsps (we all know games such as COD and WOW are not a part of this *potential* new rule). Do not twist my wording to your pleasure and agenda.

Secondly, think of this from a "never played alora this is my first time" movie.

Yet only a handful actually still play the game it is based off of. In my eyes I joined the clan to be a part of the community along with the game itself. If I saw talks/giveaways/events for other servers while trying to seek HELP for alora. Why wouldn't i just not play alora and go play with the rest of the community I've joined.

^^This is just my opinion since at one point I was a cute noob aswell.

Now onto the topic of Youtubers. If my memory serves me right YouTubers are essentially paid advertisers to an extent for the longevity of the server. (I could be wrong but doubt it) This is where the difference lies within. Where as an OPEN clan has near free reign of what's going on inside of both their Discord and Ingame CC.
@Hellish, @KP if my memory also serves me right again. Haven't WE punished people in the past for scenarios resembling this situation? And sorry to call you two out like this but you're the 2 I respect the most. Why all of a sudden that neither of the 2 of you are with us, that this is now ONLY pointed at the clan? Again not to just point at you two in particular but rather discuss about it than just say "stfu toxic ex staff" were all grown here.

Also in the case of Youtubers. If they advertise non alora related videos through an Alora platform ie. Discord, forums. They have had their rights as a Youtuber REVOKED and banned from said platform. Always have always will.

And @Not Tauri (not pointing you out you were just the one to make me think this)
I understand your viewpoint on "competition" between clans (kinda how clans interact with each other) but when new people are torn between a competition between SERVERS when they JOINED VIA ALORA. Is scummy and realistically players are being (scalped) from one platform to being ushered onto another platform. Also having members of ICE contact other clan members AND <Keyword!!! Non affiliated players of the alora community to "come play Ikov with us we dont really play alora that much anymore"
Is indirect advertising at its finest. (Word of mouth) if you dont know it Google it ;)

Also coming back to the "using position of power to essentially get rid of the competition " is about as tinfoil as I could possibly imagine. Like how in any way shape or form does that make sense. Besides attempting to stir the pot more than it is already. THAT seems so close minded and biased I really shouldn't even be replying to tbh but I'm irked to no end.

Now again, just my opinion on the matter. As it is intended to preserve the integrity of ALORA and nothing else. Any questions or concerns about MY opinion feel free to message me (currently at work so please be patient).

And lastly I'll reiterate what I said at first.

It's nice to see alot of old faces I haven't seen ingame in over a year start popping back up again.
Welcome back we've missed you.

-Alex

Unfortunately, I guess I will reply to this one too.

"It's nice to see some old faces I haven't seen in over a year. Hope all has been well for everyone in this time."

- People are allowed to be passionate about something they haven't touched in "x" amount of time. If they take a break or even quit, That doesn't mean that they have to care less about the game. I haven't actively played in months and I'm still willing to bet I have more passion about the integrity of Alora than most. The people I've met, the friendships I've built, and the amount of fun I had on here is unmatched. I will care about what happens for quite some time as I am thankful for what Alora did for me and the people on or involved with it. This won't be the last feedback thread I post if there's more stuff I disagree with. That's what a feedback section is for. Attempting to demean their comments by instantly starting out with "Haha you guys haven't even been around shut up" is weak and I expected more.

"First off I would like to say the difference between an "Open" cc and a "private" cc. An open cc ANYONE can join at ANY given time. Thus allowing a more ease of access to "other" rsps (we all know games such as COD and WOW are not a part of this *potential* new rule). Do not twist my wording to your pleasure and agenda."

- Nobody is twisting words. I suggest you re-read over the rule. The rule states and I quote "A clan that is associated with other Runescape Private Servers will be considered a private clan (may not advertise on Alora)."

By this wording, "Private clans" may not advertise on Alora.

So, I will repeat, Work on your wording to whoever decided that was typed properly if that wasn't the intention of the rule.

- The storyline of "Imagine cute noob x, y, and z'd, 300 people, persuaded into x,y, and z" is irrelevant as you're speaking off 'what-if's' and made up scenarios. I don't see any rules being put into place on made up scenario that Jay eats too many cheese balls and isn't able to continue his daily life.

"Now onto the topic of Youtubers. If my memory serves me right YouTubers are essentially paid advertisers to an extent for the longevity of the server. (I could be wrong but doubt it) This is where the difference lies within. Where as an OPEN clan has near free reign of what's going on inside of both their Discord and Ingame CC."

- ? what.

- Every youtubers discord is OPEN, their cc's in game are OPEN, and most of which advertise rwt, other servers, and whatever else someone will pay them to advertise. You're writing off youtubers as okay when they are by far worse at enticing people to join other servers than what's going on inside the ice discord. (This is opinionated, obviously)

You then take aim at Hellish and KP with "Why all of a sudden that neither of the 2 of you are with us, that this is now ONLY pointed at the clan?"

- These two haven't been staff for a minute, I'm not sure of your definition of "all of a sudden". Neither did either of these people comment on this post, So I'm not sure why they are involved. I made this thread.

"Also in the case of Youtubers. If they advertise non alora related videos through an Alora platform ie. Discord, forums. They have had their rights as a Youtuber REVOKED and banned from said platform. Always have always will."

- Yes. I don't see the ICE discord advertising other servers via their CC or via the Alora discord/forums. Unless there's behind the scene screenshots proving of SPEFICIALLY this, This is irrelevant.

"Also having members of ICE contact other clan members AND <Keyword!!! Non affiliated players of the alora community to "come play SERVER with us we dont really play alora that much anymore"
Is indirect advertising at its finest."

- I'll butt in for this one too. You can't police what someone does on discord. That's not in-game, the official discord, or forums. Asking someone to join them playing a different game is a very normal thing for friends to do.

"Also coming back to the "using position of power to essentially get rid of the competition " is about as tinfoil as I could possibly imagine. Like how in any way shape or form does that make sense. Besides attempting to stir the pot more than it is already. THAT seems so close minded and biased I really shouldn't even be replying to tbh but I'm irked to no end."

- Retweet. Already replied to him.

"And lastly I'll reiterate what I said at first.

Welcome back we've missed you."

- I'll reiterate what I said at first. Attempting to de-value opinions isn't how things get solved. Hope the discussions in staff chats are actually considering all sides to this rule instead of writing off opinions.

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:57 AM #14

Moe
Community Manager

Moe
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      247d 10h 43s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey Josh, since we are all having a nice debate I would like to chime in my thoughts to some replies as well.

"Nobody is twisting words. I suggest you re-read over the rule. The rule states and I quote "A clan that is associated with other Runescape Private Servers will be considered a private clan (may not advertise on Alora)."

So, I will repeat, Work on your wording to whoever decided that was typed properly if that wasn't the intention of the rule."

What we were aiming for with the wording is as follows, a public clan (clan that is for Alora only) may advertise on the yell and forums. A private clan (clan that is for all Servers) may not advertise on the yell and forums due to association with other private servers.

"Yes. I don't see the ICE discord advertising other servers via their CC or via the Alora discord/forums. Unless there's behind the scene screenshots proving of SPEFICIALLY this, This is irrelevant."

I have screenshots of people who were being sent links/messages to join other servers. Players have also left ICE due to trying to provide them with another server to play without seeking for it.

" I'll butt in for this one too. You can't police what someone does on discord. That's not in-game, the official discord, or forums. Asking someone to join them playing a different game is a very normal thing for friends to do."'

Actually you can provide rules on a Discord and monitor your discord. Prior to ICE being a "open, all platform gaming" discord, players had to abide with Alora rules. (which included advertising), and players would get punished if they tried such a thing.

Thank you for making a feedback and listening to both sides.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:24 AM #15

God
Group Ironman

God

• Time spent:
      45d 12h 17m 51s

• Total level:
    Awards

Hey Josh, since we are all having a nice debate I would like to chime in my thoughts to some replies as well.

"Nobody is twisting words. I suggest you re-read over the rule. The rule states and I quote "A clan that is associated with other Runescape Private Servers will be considered a private clan (may not advertise on Alora)."

So, I will repeat, Work on your wording to whoever decided that was typed properly if that wasn't the intention of the rule."

What we were aiming for with the wording is as follows, a public clan (clan that is for Alora only) may advertise on the yell and forums. A private clan (clan that is for all Servers) may not advertise on the yell and forums due to association with other private servers.

"Yes. I don't see the ICE discord advertising other servers via their CC or via the Alora discord/forums. Unless there's behind the scene screenshots proving of SPEFICIALLY this, This is irrelevant."

I have screenshots of people who were being sent links/messages to join other servers. Players have also left ICE due to trying to provide them with another server to play without seeking for it.

" I'll butt in for this one too. You can't police what someone does on discord. That's not in-game, the official discord, or forums. Asking someone to join them playing a different game is a very normal thing for friends to do."'

Actually you can provide rules on a Discord and monitor your discord. Prior to ICE being a "open, all platform gaming" discord, players had to abide with Alora rules. (which included advertising), and players would get punished if they tried such a thing.

Thank you for making a feedback and listening to both sides.

Hi Moe, Glad you could make it. As I mentioned, All thoughts, comments, or questions are welcome.

"What we were aiming for with the wording is as follows, a public clan (clan that is for Alora only) may advertise on the yell and forums. A private clan (clan that is for all Servers) may not advertise on the yell and forums due to association with other private servers."

- I'll say it again. Whoever worded that rule, needs to work on the wording. Public and private shouldn't be involved in the wording if what you're targetting is clans who are Alora specific vs clans who allow multiple sections to be in a discord.

"I have screenshots of people who were being sent links/messages to join other servers. Players have also left ICE due to trying to provide them with another server to play without seeking for it."

- I'll say it again. If people are contacting others via THEIR discord, It's an over-reach to try and police that. Those people are more than welcome to leave the discords they don't feel comfortable getting the messages from. But, an attempt to restrict what goes on in someone elses discord (Not the official alora one) is an over-reach of your powers. Asking people in the same discord as you to join you on a different game isn't the same as pming someone IN GAME ON ALORA "Hey come play X with me".

"Actually you can provide rules on a Discord and monitor your discord. Prior to ICE being a "open, all platform gaming" discord, players had to abide with Alora rules. (which included advertising), and players would get punished if they tried such a thing."

- Yep. Which even with someone reaching out to another player VIA A MUTUAL NON-ALORA OFFICIAL DISCORD doesn't break the rule. "• b. Discussing other active servers in-game and/or on the forums is strictly forbidden."

So, What point were you trying to make here?

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to all the responses from everybody.

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:27 AM #16

MT
Veteran

MT
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

• Previous username:
    Moral Truth

• Total level:
    Awards
I appreciate Josh for making this topic and expressing his perspective on the recent rule change. While I understand the reasoning behind said rule change and seeing both sides of the debate, I do hope that a solution is in order so that both parties can be happy. I would not like to see a wonderful community such as Alora fall apart as a result.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:47 AM #17

teeth check
Veteran

teeth check
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      205d 4h 59m 56s

• Previous username:
    Hellish

• Total level:
    Awards

Ok hello, I have been summoned to this shitshow of a thread and I will respond however, before I get into it, I won't be posting anymore on this thread & will gladly continue any discussions on discord, either in private or a group, your choice. Everything I put here is my own personal opinion, I've not discussed this with anybody before posting. 

Before getting into specific points, I want to talk about the discord itself, which has apparently become the point of contention for the majority & more specifically, what a player will see. 

Upon entering the discord, this is all you can see:

06SFuoz.png

In the #get-role channel, you may pick the servers/games you play & want to have access to, these are our offerings (other servers are crossed out):

MCgR2Er.png

(Alora is the last option cba taking another picture)

Now, let's continue on the path of an Alora player, who will then react to the Alora image at the bottom to be given the correct role. This role will allow the person to see our general (which all have access to once they react to something) & alora sections, which look like this:

u4eZXyH.png 3HaIjpi.png

Now I know what some of you are thinking in regards to this general section, so let me go into more depth. The #general chat is largely filled with people joining the server and small-talk, scrolling up for the past few days I don't see a single other server being mentioned. #Media is a mix of things such as dog pics & a bunch of other random shit. #Irl is self explanatory, as other channels such as memes, music, off topic, nsfw & anime. Somebody brought up giveaways earlier, so let's take a look shall we:

yauBHQT.png

HsfzWW0.png

3z93q8w.png

The last RSPS related giveaway in this channel was on the 27th of March, and it was an Alora one. 

hSgbyhW.png

The Alora section doesn't require any explanations, it's purely for Alora. 

The ONLY point I'm willing to concede here is the newspaper, which includes SMALL sections for each game, looking like this (leaving out other RSPS bc censorship)

JVa2Vev.png

If you really think we're able to persuade / advertise from 3-4 lines of copy & pasted text, then you need to have a strong hard think about your own cognitive functions. 

This sums up our discord experience for those who only react to Alora. There are no @ everyone, @ here pings talking about other servers, those are done in their own sections, which a person is unable to see unless they have reacted specifically to get those perms, or are Admins. It truly disappoints me, that this can be classified as advertising, many of the accusers & people making the decisions are in our discord & others may join at any time to have a look for themselves. 

To look again to the original post, there's a very clear difference in what we expose a person to, in comparison to the example given here:

Yyn075U.png

'ICE used to say in the discord players had to abide with Alora rules which is no server advertising. But now that doesn’t matter because ice isn’t Alora only, which is fine. But if players can’t follow our rules, we can’t allow clans that allow other server advertising/association publicly.' - Moe . Ok, let's discuss this point, first about the rules, which as you mentioned is fine. The real thorn in this statement, is advertising/association publicly, in what way are we 'allowing other server association/advertising'? A person has to give themselves the roles in discord, to see the sections that correspond to those games. They MAY hear about it in in another channel, but be realistic here, is that really so wrong, to DISCUSS a server in passing in a clan's discord? 

This rule & the reasoning behind it that I've been provided seems to imply that we continually say @Everyone hey check out X RSPS it's so much better than Alora!!!@!@!@! 

From this point the post is gonna get weird because I'll be damned if I fuck up this goliath of an essay because I try to quote something.

'Either way at the end of the day if you would rather pick another server over Alora because you enjoy it more than that's on you' - 11. The rest of your post somewhat  made sense but this line does not, what's on us? Is this rule on us because some of our clan don't play this game anymore? Some clarification on what you meant would be appreciated (@ discord). 

@gim deathkid - are you a robot? Your response managed to convey not a single meaningful message. 

@hc ashley , a few points here. 

1. The rule states " Players are only allowed to publicly advertise clans on the world yell & forums, if the clan is directly related to Alora only."

This is not meant to deteriorate advertising, but only stop advertising of those "clans" it self that also promote other servers as competition.

A - We do not promote other servers, as I have, in my own eyes, proven sufficiently above. Either people play those servers or they do not, it is not our job to convince people. I will agree on the wording on the rule, but disagree with the statement itself & would rather see it repealed or reworked. 

2. ​I can understand the frustration and why some individuals are upset about this rule, but its to create a healthy in-Alora based clan competition.

A- Ok but, why? Why does competition have to entail requirements of being Alora & Alora-only? The premise of the idea may work if the server was larger & had more variety in clan options but in practically, it does not. 

3. Im sorry but "using your position of power to eliminate people from the game" are you serious? for as long as ive been playing i see no reason for any of the staff members to take such low and pitiful attempt of wanting to rid of a player base or use their powers in means to "reduce competition" between clans.

A - This is a mentality that is hard to fight, it happened to us when ICE had many staff members as well & is largely made from an us vs them mentality, something that both sides tried to fix but were unsuccessful in doing so, 

4. An additional point from me, I've heard, in passing, about your interactions with one of our ex-members in regards to him convincing you to play another server by sending links or something similar. To be clear, the ICE staff team does not condone this behaviour & it happened without our knowledge. The person in question has since been demoted (although, not for this reason alone).

@Code 002 , AKA stick-insect

1. First off I would like to say the difference between an "Open" cc and a "private" cc. An open cc ANYONE can join at ANY given time. Thus allowing a more ease of access to "other" rsps (we all know games such as COD and WOW are not a part of this *potential* new rule). Do not twist my wording to your pleasure and agenda.

A - So the only actual difference here is if said CC offers other games in an outside-medium such as discord? Would like some clarification (discord). 

2. Secondly, think of this from a "never played alora this is my first time" movie.

A- So I have shown the pathway into our discord. The clan-chat on the other-hand is a bit different, in regards to 'talks/giveaways/events for other servers' - that is addressed elsewhere in this post. 

Many of us do not play Alora, that is correct. To imply we talk about other servers at all in our clan-chat is a tad bit insulting. From one of the people we've put in charge of the Alora section of our clan:

cG9IREY.png

Once in a blue moon, when a higher-up /non-alora player hops in, they may say they play another server, without mentioning it. If, somehow, a name is mentioned, the player in question will immediately be warned. As an ex-staff member, that has never been a problem & never should. 

3. Now onto the topic of Youtubers. If my memory serves me right YouTubers are essentially paid advertisers to an extent for the longevity of the server. (I could be wrong but doubt it) This is where the difference lies within. Where as an OPEN clan has near free reign of what's going on inside of both their Discord and Ingame CC.... ( and the rest of this paragraph). 

A - I may not remember this as well as you, code, but from I know, we only took measures to delete discord links etc in Alora discord? I don't particularly remember banning/muting players for advertising discords with other content in it (apart from a few cases of RWT encouragement, I think). 

4. Also in the case of Youtubers. If they advertise non alora related videos through an Alora platform ie. Discord, forums. They have had their rights as a Youtuber REVOKED and banned from said platform. Always have always will. 

A - Back to my aforementioned point, is what we do, from what I have shown of our discord & what you are able to find yourself, really count as advertisement? 

5. Also coming back to the "using position of power to essentially get rid of the competition " is about as tinfoil as I could possibly imagine. Like how in any way shape or form does that make sense. Besides attempting to stir the pot more than it is already. THAT seems so close minded and biased I really shouldn't even be replying to tbh but I'm irked to no end.

A- Same response as Ashley's. The other clan in question did it incessantly when the roles were reversed. Do not take this as me excusing this behaviour, I do not condone it at all however, it is the natural outcome from how things are structed & interactions have happened over time. 

6. Now again, just my opinion on the matter. As it is intended to preserve the integrity of ALORA and nothing else. Any questions or concerns about MY opinion feel free to message me

A- Intentions? Sure, I agree. Unfortunately, in my opinion, these intentions have not correlated well to it's consequences. If you (the team, not individually), intended to preserve integrity, a single PM is all it would have taken between the staff team of the server & the clan for us to evaluate how to change things. This, to the best of my knowledge, did not happen. If there is no communication and you hit US (I say us, because really, it doesn't affect anybody else) with this out of the blue, you can understand the reactions you're seeing here & in other places. 

7. It's nice to see alot of old faces I haven't seen ingame in over a year start popping back up again.Welcome back we've missed you.

A- Missed you too, full-homo. Wouldn't exactly say I'm back though. 

@Moe just catching your post in the last few seconds so will try to be brief. 

1. What we were aiming for with the wording is as follows, a public clan (clan that is for Alora only) may advertise on the yell and forums. A private clan (clan that is for all Servers) may not advertise on the yell and forums due to association with other private servers. 

A- Same thing I said on discord, what about the PK clans (PKING ON ALORA KEKW) & those that come from other servers?

2. I have screenshots of people who were being sent links/messages to join other servers. Players have also left ICE due to trying to provide them with another server to play without seeking for it.

A- Not a single staff member was ever contacted about this happening, we can't read the PMs of our members you know? I encourage anybody with said screenshots to step forward so that we can take appropriate action (although afaik, the person I mentioned in Ashley's case may have been the only one). If you're in our discord, feel free to use the #report channel or just PM a staff member (LT+).

3. Actually you can provide rules on a Discord and monitor your discord. Prior to ICE being a "open, all platform gaming" discord, players had to abide with Alora rules. (which included advertising), and players would get punished if they tried such a thing.

A - Completely agree with you here, Moe. I'm not sure what happened to our Rules section, ICE has undergone many changes as of recent and it's hard to keep up. The rules section WILL return & we will be actively punishing said behaviour.

This post has ballooned to a shit-show in it's own standing, this was not my intention, I will try to sum it up with a few bullet points. 

• Our discord does not promote other servers, it is out of choice, with very few exceptions, that you are exposed to such things. (A few lines once a month, in a discord, REALLY does not warrant it being classed as advertising).
  • Our clan-chat does not promote other servers.
  • Clear lack of communication between the parties.
  • Admittedly, our rule section seems to have disappeared & been forgotten about. It will return very shortly & will include statements to make sure advertising/link sending is punished, as it ought to have been. 

LASTLY, DO NOT TAKE ACTION BEFORE COMMUNICATING, this is not an in-game punishment where a player is being banned for hacking etc, a simple line of text could & most probably would have caused this entire rule & thread to be nullified.

Thanks for reading this fucking mess, sorry for mistakes, I won't respond here anymore, pm me on discord @ Aka#1550 (I won't send links to other servers, I promise ;) ). 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:25 PM #18

UnCreative
Ironman

UnCreative
Clan: Ironman OG

• Time spent:
      12d 6h 28m 11s

• Total level:
    Awards

As a happy member of a "private clan" i just have to laugh, when i hopped into this "private" clan and hopped into their discord i was met with a roles page.  and I guarantee this is the most selected role. 

I've never seen anyone in game or on the discord trying to get anyone to play a differet RSPS, not saying it never has happened ever.
mute the kids who you know advertise other rsps.  NOT the whole community. Dont punish the clan for the misguided actions of a few

dont slap ice on the wrist for having a gaming community that has interest in other games. just going to assume that this rule was in place because you must feel this clan is leeching players away. This is a wild change, bigger than i think most chages ive seen in my 3 years.  cc advertising was always all over yell. so was REEEEEE, so is youtube advertising

When ironman og finally kicked the bucket i was reluctant to get into another clan, however joining ICE has honestly kept me playing I used to go hard for a week and then burn out for 3 months.  ICE and the community has fixed that,

I love being helpful and alora cc is too crazy for me most times

TLDR; STOP IT :P
^ short read compared to the books above me

UnCreative 70 days played
Alora sweater owner < Actually such a flex

DenzelCurry ~ 9 days played Maxed UIM

Too many to count Dead HCIM

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:22 PM #19

Foundational
Donator

Foundational
Clan: LMB

• Time spent:
      76d 5h 9m 39s

• Total level:
    Awards

There's only 2 clans that advertise on Alora in the first place lmao, let's go ahead and take one out!

Feel like you'd lose more players doing that then to the "advertising" that goes on in their Discord.

Posted Image

Community Awards

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 124 user(s)