GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

While writing this. I'm literally shaking a little bit. Because I'm scared to say my opinion.
Fear to be silenced, or worse, be banned just because I want to voice my opinion.

Last week we made a positive step as a community. We came together and let our voices be heard, until today.
We got spat in our faces, our voices meant nothing. We just got shushed for a short period. But we will not stay silenced. Here is my feedback post.

In-game Rules

1. Flaming, Disrespect, Harassment, and Inappropriate Content

Within Alora, we seat a culturally diverse community. Communities contain different races, beliefs, ethics, sexual orientations, etc. It is vital that we preserve and protect each culture and that we ensure equality throughout Alora as a whole. The denigration or defamation of a member will not be tolerated. First offenders will receive a 24-hour mute, followed by a 48-hour mute, increasing to a 7-day mute, a 14-day mute, and finally, a permanent mute.

When you visit the Alora rules, this is the very first thing you see.
They speak of a culturally diverse community. Containing different races, beliefs, ethics and sexual orientation.
It says it is vital to preserve and protect each culture. Ensure equality throughout Alora. But in reality, it does not reflect this in-game.

The rules of Alora exist to maintain order and protect the server and its player. It defines who and what we are.
We must abide by them and staff should uphold them. If this is not the case, that's laughable / unprofessional.

Then the newly added filter. What value does it have, if it is obvious what is said.
Example: "Are you okay my nigga?"
Result: "Are you okay my *****?"

You could instead utilize the anti-advertising filter.
Example: "I can't wait to come home and play Runescape."
Result: RomMACf.png

Just because you believe something is not offensive or because it's not offensive in your country, does not mean it should be allowed.

We should stand together against this, so I hope my fellow Alorians will let their voices be heard yet again.

Thanks for reading my feedback!

Edit: Changed the example.

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:40 PM #2

Champ
Veteran

Champ

• Time spent:
      526d 17h 16m 52s

• Previous username:
    Iron Champie

• Total level:
    Awards

Hello,

First, you would never be silenced or banned for speaking your mind / voicing your opinion.

Then the newly added filter. What value does it have, if it is obvious what is said.
Example: "Nigga you should be in chains."
Result: "***** you should be in chains."

As I have said before the word has two meanings. The example you used would be considered racist and would result in a warning / punishment. 

The rules of Alora exist to maintain order and protect the server and its player. It defines who and what we are.
We must abide by them and staff should uphold them. If this is not the case, that's laughable / unprofessional.

Couldn't agree more. We have the rule set to maintain order, protecting the players and maintaining a good environment. I can assure all rules are enforced by the staff regardless of clan relation, friendships, donator ranks, gamemodes you name it. In some countries the word is not offensive / racist and as I stated before it has two meanings. Anything deemed racist or targeting different races, beliefs, ethics, sexual orientations, etc will always be treated the same as we have always done regardless of a profanity filter.

champtransparent.gif
Signature made by the wonderful Sunnii

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:01 PM #3

NOT TROTZ
Ex-Staff

NOT TROTZ
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      40d 3h 29m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

Stop looking for reasons to be offended by stuff. When you go out in public and hear people swear or go off do you go up to them and ask them to PLEASE refrain from that use of the language? IM ASSUMING NO.

Bud, This is the internet speak your mind like everyone else and stop being butt hurt about the way other people want to talk to others. Most of the time they just saying it to get under your skin and guess what ITS WORKING OBVIOUSLY. 

My advice, use the filter  and ignore who you can. 

i know a lot of people assume i left because im "Racist" but that was not the case, i just cant stand runescape. you dont see me going off on them for having an opinion as I could care less what others say/do. Enjoy the game.

• ZPH likes this

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:01 PM #4

Elite
Veteran

Elite
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      41d 18h 20m 58s

• Previous username:
    Elite Yin

• Total level:
    Awards
While writing this. I'm literally shaking a little bit. Because I'm scared to say my opinion. Fear to be silenced, or worse, be banned just because I want to voice my opinion.

I'm not going to ban you and I hope no one on the staff team would ban you for voicing your opinion(s).

Last week we made a positive step as a community. We came together and let our voices be heard, until today. We got spat in our faces, our voices meant nothing. We just got shushed for a short period. But we will not stay silenced. Here is my feedback post.

Your voices were heard, quite literally every single day and maybe not in the most mature way I appreciate lets funk 's response on this thread here https://www.alora.io...re/#entry372307. Yes we did make changes based on your voices and handed out punishments based on those changes. Spitting in your faces is a pretty bold statement for us coming out and trying to give everyone a way to play the game they want to. But lets see what you have in your feedback thread.

When you visit the Alora rules, this is the very first thing you see. They speak of a culturally diverse community. Containing different races, beliefs, ethics and sexual orientation. It says it is vital to preserve and protect each culture. Ensure equality throughout Alora. But in reality, it does not reflect this in-game. The rules of Alora exist to maintain order and protect the server and its player. It defines who and what we are. We must abide by them and staff should uphold them. If this is not the case, that's laughable / unprofessional.   Then the newly added filter. What value does it have, if it is obvious what is said. Example: "Nigga you should be in chains." Result: "***** you should be in chains."

I like to think I do a pretty good job of standing behind the rules of Alora. You see Alora is a culturally diverse community as there are many people that play from around the world. With that being said there's multiple meanings to different words. Take the word "fag" for example. In some countries (not mine) this is a perfectly normal word that people use on a daily basis for cigarette I believe, however if someone uses that in a derogatory manner such as "shut up fag" I would (and have many times) muted for that, let's take the example you gave. "nigga you should be in chains" now that comes off as quite derogatory if I saw that i'd instantly mute for that, but if I saw someone say "what's up nigga" that doesn't come across as to derogatory does it?

You could instead utilize the anti-advertising filter. Example: "I can't wait to come home and play Runescape." Result: 

This is truly something that can be a pain in the ass and could maybe change it to mention specific servers instead of the word "scape" 

Just because you believe something is not offensive or because it's not offensive in your country, does not mean it should be allowed. We should stand together against this, so I hope my fellow Alorians will let their voices be heard yet again.

If something is offensive in your country I hope you can make good use of the new filter system! It will include some words you may not enjoy seeing, and if someone tries to get around it by saying "N1gge*" I'll happily be the first to mute them. I hope you can also find that just because something is offense to you may not mean it's offensive to another, giving you a further reason to use the profanity filter. Good day

- Yin

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:20 PM #5

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Firstly your ''Example'' - ''Nigga you should be in chains''

I feel like your craving some type of clout. NOBODY has EVER used the word in such a slandering way/offensive way. You have to be kidding me posting something like this and being taken seriously. Thats the worst opinion IMO, if your shaking whilst typing/reading the updates you seriously need to rethink over the word Nigga for what it is used for. Stop being so offended its actually laughable at this point.

-Rep

Happy Gaming.

Hey Zph,
I appreciate your feedback!
It is an example sentence. It could say any sentence with the word "nigga" in it.
I will replace it with an example given by you.
JMa8OPo.png

I hope you can also find that just because something is offense to you may not mean it's offensive to another, giving you a further reason to use the profanity filter. Good day

Hey Elite!
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm quoting this specific part because I want to point to what I said in my post. The filter has no value if I can see what is being said.
The stars don't exactly cover it up. A good filter would be I don't get the whole message at all. But that would leave big gaps in conversations.

Then the newly added filter. What value does it have, if it is obvious what is said. Example: "Are you okay my nigga?" Result: "Are you okay my *****?"

Stop looking for reasons to be offended by stuff. When you go out in public and hear people swear or go off do you go up to them and ask them to PLEASE refrain from that use of the language? IM ASSUMING NO.

Bud, This is the internet speak your mind like everyone else and stop being butt hurt about the way other people want to talk to others. Most of the time they just saying it to get under your skin and guess what ITS WORKING OBVIOUSLY. 

My advice, use the filter  and ignore who you can. 

i know a lot of people assume i left because im "Racist" but that was not the case, i just cant stand runescape. you dont see me going off on them for having an opinion as I could care less what others say/do. Enjoy the game.

To be honest, I wouldn't have the courage to go up to people in public first of all. But in the virtual world I will do my best to tell everyone not to use it.
Second of all, you are saying "swear or go off", I'm speaking about the usage of the word in general. And I do not condone it.

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:40 PM #6

GIM Goldi
Group Ironman

GIM Goldi
Clan: Cute Bois ReGIMe

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 29m 33s

• Total level:

Blows my mind this is even a post that needs to be made in 2020. Admins are more strict on people not speaking English in yell than they are on people using clearly demeaning words. But, like in most places in the world, if im not offended by something I dont see why others are. 

That is exactly how this server works. If admins and some players aren't offended by something that a majority of the population have agreed on is bad, then it doesn't matter.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS DON'T FUCKING SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE IN YELL.

Hello,

First, you would never be silenced or banned for speaking your mind / voicing your opinion.

I think you should take a look at your own player admins. If you're not on their good side they don't care about what rule you report. You have evidence of a player breaking a written rule? Nah thats why we have a filter bro, if it offends you just ignore it. Too bad I cant ignore half the admins who turn blind eyes to a major situation.

Its a sad state to see a bunch of youtube'rs and content creators saying they have lost interest because we have to have the same argument over and over about racism. 

bb730ec54bd02221a2a2eb7eb090574e.png

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:41 PM #7

Patta
Realism

Patta

• Time spent:
      42d 10h 17m 58s

• Previous username:
    Lets Funk

• Total level:
    Awards

Last week I have been very touched by this matter. I kind of over-reacted by stirring things up. But to my opinion let's see where it goes with the rule removed. This, because I rather have no discussions in game about it all the time. 

If it's only being used with friendly meanings it's fine with me. But the word shouldn't be used against people to stir things up or make accounts to annoy people.

This should be allowed to see as griefing against another player. And the profanity filter shouldn't be an excuse in this case.

Posted Image

Credits: @ Dumbshit

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:47 PM #8

NOT TROTZ
Ex-Staff

NOT TROTZ
Clan: #Dynasty

• Time spent:
      40d 3h 29m 16s

• Total level:
    Awards

@ GIM Goldi The staff team does what they can with the evidence. They also have rules they have to follow and they take action with steps not just imminently ban or mute someone. The staff team takes all reports and suggestions seriously. You seem upset that you don't get your way. is everything ok?

Last week I have been very touched by this matter. I kind of over-reacted by stirring things up. But to my opinion let's see where it goes with the rule removed. This, because I rather have no discussions in game about it all the time. 

If it's only being used with friendly meanings it's fine with me. But the word shouldn't be used against people to stir things up or make accounts to annoy people.

This should be allowed to see as griefing against another player.

Really glad to see you looking at this at a different way now. Props for taking the time to think about the situation as a whole.

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:03 PM #9

GIM Goldi
Group Ironman

GIM Goldi
Clan: Cute Bois ReGIMe

• Time spent:
      1d 6h 29m 33s

• Total level:

The staff team takes all reports and suggestions seriously.

I've had 3 reports with screen shot evidence of a rule being broken be denied because I could have just ignored it. Doesn't seen too serious. 

I'm not mad when things don't go my way. I'm mad when human beings don't see that the use a of a singular word has bad connotations in it and cant just be grown up about not using it. But hey, I'm just a human being living in the 21st century having an internet argument with a complete stranger over a word that was used during a period of time when it was legal to enslave other human beings. What do I know. 

bb730ec54bd02221a2a2eb7eb090574e.png

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:08 PM #10

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Was also wondering if the other thread could be unlocked?

You reversed the rule, so the locking of the thread can also be reversed I guess?
The issue mentioned in the post wasn't resolved.
snNr26m.png

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:19 PM #11

needahrimjob
Realism

needahrimjob

• Time spent:
      1d 16h 53m

• Total level:
    Awards

support. The profanity filter is great and to touch on the topic of "nigga" never being used as an offence is completely stupid. If you haven't seen people using it in an attempt to demean or offend people on alora, you obviously haven't been anywhere near the PK community. 

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:31 PM #12

GIMP Jesus
Group Ironman

GIMP Jesus

• Time spent:
      17d 6h 2m 6s

• Total level:
    Awards

Filter doesn't work?

SYi6Aa3.png

Please, staff, don't tell me what I can't get offended by. Thank you!

You don't get offended by nigga, other people do.

rBqEuo7.png

mr-robot-gifs-7NoMaF.gif

CzTxeZR.png

tyrrTs4.png

P4IwQPL.png

wHW7iaK.png
QSJNrF4.png
zFVlLZL.png

5VieiBp.png

QNazvt1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 103 user(s)