Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:24 PM #1

User

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

Ok so I was asked to write this so yh here goes. It's a ramble and its my opinion.

1 - TOB is fucked, ask an 07 raider that plays alora to take a look at it.

2 - Cox is fucked, ask an 07 raider that plays alora to take a look at it.

3 - Nightmare is fucked

4 - Some npc's in wildy agro on you when they're 10+ steps away, others dont agro when they're 2 steps away.

5 - Adding pvp armours/weapons to Alora was a mistake. 1 Day after being unbanned I found out you can hit 70s with morrigan javelins. Vesta didn't even work properly.

6 - Staff are still too harsh with some rules, literally no improvement since I came back from 2018. Some staff jump at every opportunity to punish players when Alora isn't as popular as it used to be. Need to be more lenient.

7  - Punishment wipe should've been advertised in some way, although it could cause some issues at the beginning.

8 - Group ironmen can kick/invite people that have already played on their GIM accs(in other words, trading with other gim). Might as well remove the ''ironman'' part?

9 - Ironmen can loot supply chests/bloody keys and get a big gear advantage without pvming. Literally witnessed an ironman get pegasian boots and armadyl top from bloody keys. Ironmen can also buy vote books through main accs and open c keys for an easy route. I opened 6k c keys like 3 years ago and had 110k+ rune bars on an ironman. Too late to fix it.

10 - From my pov it doesn't seem like wildy was updated in the past 3 years at all.

11 - Economy is fucked. Eco holders are all holding onto the expensive items such as arcanes and elys but the junk like ags, acb etc costs like 10m ea. 

12 - Outdated interfaces

13 - Accounts can loot supply chests/bloody keys and log, perhaps some sort of 10s timer like on dmm would help? idk

14 - Still no tournament system coded. Admins/event managers are still forced to make their own brackets and teleport fights to each other. This isn't 2013. Every other server has some sort of tournament system in place. utorrent was asking for this back in 2016 when he was an event manager.

15 - Wildy is beyond dead. I'm struggling to find skillers in the wild. Need more incentives.

16 - Announcement thing announces shit drops like white mystic from hydra, etc. Needs to be looked at.

17 - Discord is dead. Pretty sure every message in the past week has been !jay

18 - Weapon animations are broken.

19 - D scim spec accuracy = ass

20 - Pkp & Loyalty shops are ass

21 - Presets loc?

So yea, these are my opinions after playing for a few days.

Ps - Can i have my items back that u wiped :)

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:27 PM #2

mochiii
Ironman

mochiii

• Time spent:
      108d 16h 10m 20s

• Previous username:
    HC Ashley

• Total level:
    Awards

This is great and all, but want to put points under each on how you would improve them yourself?

vZLNpbY.png

Promoted to Server Support - 5/15/2021

Promoted to Server Moderator - 6/13/2021

Demoted from Server Moderator - 10/9/2021

Community Awards

Spoiler

Screenies

Spoiler

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:30 PM #3

Joey
Realism

Joey

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 57m 37s

• Previous username:
    moneymule

• Total level:
    Awards

Some things are to late to be reversed like the GIM trading/kicking system at the moment.

But I agree PVP is ripe for a major overhaul and I agree with your points on that.

How about bounty tp? Imo its also broken if your targ is running and you tp far away from him you are auto-gapped. 

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:31 PM #4

HANOUWHOHIME
User

HANOUWHOHIME

• Time spent:
      11h 49m 24s

• Total level:

This is great and all, but want to put points under each on how you would improve them yourself?

would you like him to write out all the code too, copy paste ready right away for an update?

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:32 PM #5

Joey
Realism

Joey

• Time spent:
      2d 11h 57m 37s

• Previous username:
    moneymule

• Total level:
    Awards

*removed double post my bad

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:37 PM #6

Classic
Veteran

Classic

• Time spent:
      99d 21h 25m 13s

• Previous username:
    No

• Total level:
    Awards

Appreciate the feedback absolutely, but my question to you is I would love to hear your opinion on how to fix all these issues you believe we have here. Saying this and that is shit doesn't really help us improve on what needs to be improved

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:48 PM #7

Champ
Veteran

Champ

• Time spent:
      526d 17h 16m 52s

• Previous username:
    Iron Champie

• Total level:
    Awards

6 - Staff are still too harsh with some rules, literally no improvement since I came back from 2018. Some staff jump at every opportunity to punish players when Alora isn't as popular as it used to be. Need to be more lenient.

The Staff Team is way more lenient than they should be. As someone with almost 2 years of Staff expereince I can deffinitely speak to that.

7  - Punishment wipe should've been advertised in some way, although it could cause some issues at the beginning.

I guess your items was wiped cause you got your account back? If you didn't break any rules they wouldn't have had to take actions in the first place. I think you should be happy with getting your account back however I'm sure the items could be returned and your account could go back to being permanently banned.

8 - Group ironmen can kick/invite people that have already played on their GIM accs(in other words, trading with other gim). Might as well remove the ''ironman'' part?

This has been adressed multiple times however taking action and making changes would simply be unfair since a lot of people already took advange of how that gamemode works.

14 - Still no tournament system coded. Admins/event managers are still forced to make their own brackets and teleport fights to each other. This isn't 2013. Every other server has some sort of tournament system in place. utorrent was asking for this back in 2016 when he was an event manager.

I was fortunate enough to have the oppurtunity to host events for the community on mutiple occations and setting up brackets, teleporting people in/out etc is not too much of a hassle.

Not sure what you have in mind about this one. Most people are tied to a clan in some way so they prefer using that Discord over the Alora one.

21 - Presets loc?

This is a thing with the RuneLite plugin called Inventory Setups.

I'm not sure what you're hoping to achieve with this post since you only mentioned a few potential fixes to a few of the points you made. A large percentage of the Alora community are well aware that there are deffinitely things that could use a rework/fix however without any suggestion(s) on how these things could potentially be fixed action probably won't be taken.

champtransparent.gif
Signature made by the wonderful Sunnii

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:52 PM #8

Savitr
User

Savitr

• Time spent:
      59d 5h 35m 28s

• Total level:

Appreciate the feedback absolutely, but my question to you is I would love to hear your opinion on how to fix all these issues you believe we have here. Saying this and that is shit doesn't really help us improve on what needs to be improved

1- Consult an actual PvEer

2- Consult an actual PvEer

3- Consult an actual PvEer

4- Beta test

5- Remove PvP armor

6- Stop being nazis

7- Make a post about mass unban

8- Don't let GIM move

9- Remove ironmen ability for keys

10- Update PvP

11- Eco reset

12- Update interfaces

13- Add a timer when picking up keys

14- Code a tourrnament system (or steal it)

15- Incentivize wildy

16- Add value to drops for yell announcements

17- Get rid of !jay

18- Fix animations

19- Boost scim accuracy

20- Rework pvp shops

21- Add presets

You're welcome let me know if you need anything else.

The Staff Team is way more lenient than they should be. As someone with almost 2 years of Staff expereince I can deffinitely speak to that.

You're trolling lol

p.s. everyone on Alora has staff experience it's like half the serrver

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:58 PM #9

No Wildy
Ironman

No Wildy

• Time spent:
      3h 25m 43s

• Total level:
Another lads shit post, shocking. They come out of the shadows and complain, whine and axt just extremely toxic. The staff is too lenient, with you and your squad. You guys should have stay banned. You have brought nothing but toxicity and negative attitudes since rejoining.

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:05 PM #10

User

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

As I said, these are simply my opinions. All I'm doing is bringing attention to these issues. Many topics have been made in the past as well as sent to Dan regarding these issues. If anyone wants to, they can make a suggestion topic.

I guess your items was wiped cause you got your account back? If you didn't break any rules they wouldn't have had to take actions in the first place. I think you should be happy with getting your account back however I'm sure the items could be returned and your account could go back to being permanently banned.

This has been adressed multiple times however taking action and making changes would simply be unfair since a lot of people already took advange of how that gamemode works.

I was fortunate enough to have the oppurtunity to host events for the community on mutiple occations and setting up brackets, teleporting people in/out etc is not too much of a hassle.

Not sure what you have in mind about this one. Most people are tied to a clan in some way so they prefer using that Discord over the Alora one.

21 - Presets loc?

This is a thing with the RuneLite plugin called Inventory Setups.

I'm not sure what you're hoping to archieve with this post since you only mentioned a few potential fixes to a few of the points you made. A large percentage of the Alora community are well aware that there are deffinitely things that could use a rework/fix however without any suggestion(s) on how these things could potentially be fixed action probably won't be taken.

6 - I disagree, but I'd rather not have this discussion here.

7 - I'm talking about how a lot of people got unbanned and given another chance. I didn't even realise this happened until I asked the owner. I'm sure a lot of players would come back.

8 - I agree. Was implemented poorly.

14 - Even though it may not be a hassle for you, it is very time consuming to participate in tournaments. Could be finished much quicker through an automated system.

17 - Just the fact that people used to have conversations in the alora discord, but they've moved to clan discords now. Simply pointed it out.

21 - I use the normal client and it would be nice to have this ingame, not just on runelite.

As I said, I feel like some issues have been left without any attention for many years, so I simply highlighted these issues and hope that Omicron and the admins could work on getting them fixed to make the game more enjoyable.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:14 PM #11

Lads
User

Lads

• Time spent:
      11h 7m 4s

• Total level:

Another lads shit post, shocking. They come out of the shadows and complain, whine and axt just extremely toxic. The staff is too lenient, with you and your squad. You guys should have stay banned. You have brought nothing but toxicity and negative attitudes since rejoining.

Comments/opinions are his own and do not represent those of Lads. Although, I do find your comment extremely hilarious.

We never brought toxicity to the server, they brought it upon themselves with their egos. Please refer to one of our fight topics.

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:35 PM #12

User

• Time spent:
      95d 5h 6m 56s

• Previous username:
    OOoooOOOoo12

• Total level:
    Awards

Not sure how giving a few opinions on how the game could be improved is being toxic, but you do you.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:49 PM #13

Moe
Community Manager

Moe
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      247d 4h 39s

• Previous username:
    IM Moe

• Total level:
    Awards

Some of these issues you have posted are already in the works, and you should be seeing them very soon (PvP updates, Tournament NPC, PKP Shop changes, etc). Other issues you have posted, were bug reported and will be in the next update. And for issues involving end-game content, a report of the issue would bring a fix. Also the content like supply chests etc for ironman was a community poll and hasn't been an issue for anyone. I think the economy is doing okay for a game that has been out for over 4 years, and being an RSPS (faster to obtain).

But yeah, we fix bug reports and Omicron does a great job with going through that section daily. Check out the recent updates apart from content additions it's always bug fixes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 126 user(s)